IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,902 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 359.
#17801 45 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Hey Guys - is there a trick to replacing the rubber guards at the front of the Time Machine (premium)? My smallest Philips is only 3" long and I can't get in to loosen the side screws.
Please enlighten me those who have done this.

I have a small ratchet that I can attach phillips driver heads and used that to loosen the screws. I was able to replace the guards without lifting the playfield or removing the ramp. You can carefully pry open the bracket enough to remove and replace the guards without damaging it. YMMV

#17802 44 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I have a set of Rush expression lights if anyone is interested hit me up, ill make you a deal

I sent you a private message.

#17803 44 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Showed up yesterday... Can't figure out where the other two go?
They sent me three as indicated in contents, and the instructions picture shows two, but steps only install one.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Maybe they sent you extras. By the way, did you just contact Stern support to get these and did they send them for free? I could use them as well.

Thanks.

#17804 44 days ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

Maybe they sent you extras. By the way, did you just contact Stern support to get these and did they send them for free? I could use them as well.
Thanks.

Just for free. Call up support and I'm sure they will oblige. They have been very responsive and helpful.

#17806 43 days ago

kool1

The rug came in. I ordered from NorthPeakRug and paid $73.59 plus tax for the 31x47. While the image quality is not as great as the picture online (which I am sure is just photoshopped) I think it came up pretty good. Not sure if it is worth $73 from a quality standpoint but I paid $100 for a banner so it is more about the content for me anyway! Let me know if you want any more details.

20240313_124509 (resized).jpg20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
#17807 41 days ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

kool1
The rug came in. I ordered from NorthPeakRug and paid $73.59 plus tax for the 31x47. While the image quality is not as great as the picture online (which I am sure is just photoshopped) I think it came up pretty good. Not sure if it is worth $73 from a quality standpoint but I paid $100 for a banner so it is more about the content for me anyway! Let me know if you want any more details.[quoted image]

Wow look at that!!

Would you have a close up and a picture of the backside of the carpet? Does the carpet have any heft to it or is it really light?

Quoted from Cyclehoarder:

Just ordered a mat size for the entry, thanks!

Nice - I'm tempted!

#17808 41 days ago

So close yet so far away

IMG_5172 (resized).jpegIMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
#17809 41 days ago

Hey everyone anybody know what games use the node board 10 stepper motor board besides Rush and Godzilla premium/Limited Edition!

#17810 40 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

Hey everyone anybody know what games use the node board 10 stepper motor board besides Rush and Godzilla premium/Limited Edition!

Probably better to ask that in the node 10 thread

#17811 40 days ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Like new.will include extra lights from lermods and brass dial instead of red.will include red one as well,Free shipping”
2024-03-15
San Jose, CA
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 150 times

#17812 40 days ago

You have 2 right? Right?
Tell me you're keeping your LE

Edit
Found it. Sad day.
Great deal tho
Edit 2
The ad literally went from for sale to sold no longer for sale in the time I posted this.
Decided to keep?!?

#17813 39 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wow look at that!!
Would you have a close up and a picture of the backside of the carpet? Does the carpet have any heft to it or is it really light?

I would say it is on the lighter side but not flimsy. I went with the wall hang versus on the floor. Let me know if you need additional pictures.

20240319_194051 (resized).jpg20240319_194051 (resized).jpg20240319_194137 (resized).jpg20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
#17814 39 days ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

I would say it is on the lighter side but not flimsy. I went with the wall hang versus on the floor. Let me know if you need additional pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect thanks.

Trying to figure out where I would put it...

#17815 38 days ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Got my notice that mine shipped today! Thanks for the heads up intitally. Will be perfect next to the game door.

#17816 36 days ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Got mine Matt size love it!

20240322_163542 (resized).jpg20240322_163542 (resized).jpg20240322_163631 (resized).jpg20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
#17817 35 days ago
Quoted from Cyclehoarder:

Got mine Matt size love it![quoted image][quoted image]

I like that size better! I could see doing that for my other music pins for additional "wall" art.

#17818 35 days ago

Here's another bit about my upcoming, High Impact Speaker Light Kit for use with Expression Lights. As I have already stated, it will work with 4" or 5.25" speakers so no need for a speaker or speaker plate upgrade if that is not wanted. Having said that, this kit should be compatible with any 5.25" speaker upgrade you throw at it. If a person does happen to have 5.25" speakers, mounted as they should on 5.25" speaker plates, you can add my Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit (type 13) to make the SUPER High Impact Speaker Light Kit for use with Expression Lights.

This compatibility with the High Impact Speaker Light Kit will work with all existing type 13 light kits that have been bought from me. So, if you already have a type 13 kit, you are part way to a SUPER High Impact light kit already. Due to the design and its flexibility, the inner light rings can be situated in 64 different user selected positions. For example....both light rings running the same direction or each of them running opposite from one another. You can have the beginning and ending of the light strip and data signal at the top, right, left or bottom of the rings.....and as I said, running in either direction. These user selected positioning options only pertain to the inner light rings of the SUPER High Impact configuration. The outer, High Impact frames are designed to always be mounted and the lights / data signal running opposite from one another. I defiantly think having the rings running the opposite direction from the frames is the way to go, but I haven't decided if I have a preference on where to put the data signal break (it's on the bottom in the video).

These are still being worked on, but I am quite certain the High Impact Speaker Light Kit will come in at a significant lower price than the current Expression controlled speaker lights, while being more feature rich and consumer friendly than their offering are also. They should also be compatible with the cabinet lighting (undercab and behind the backbox lighting) that Mezel Mods is selling if someone wants to add that to their game....and, as I said, at a significantly lower price than the current offerings.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit)

#17819 35 days ago

Hey all. Joining the club for a short time, temp trade with a friend. As Rarehero would put it, seems to be a math rules type game. Is tilt forums best go to place to learn the rules?

#17821 34 days ago

Sorry for the repeat if some of you saw my Facebook post. Not too many others would appreciate this (although my wife was a good sport and sincerely congratulated me).

Yesterday afternoon I stepped up to Rush and played one game without restarting. Got my best score, defeated *both* Cygnus X1 Books 1 and 2 wizard modes, and got to 2102 before draining the last ball. Premium, factory settings, 3 balls, 6.5 deg, factory post in narrowest (easiest) out lane position, all the NinjaCamp fixes.

The flipper modes on the Cygnus Book 2 are quite challenging! Luckily you don't have to hit a ton of shots.

Other notes:

I *still* hate La Villa Strangiato, but I can occasionally complete it.

My node 10 board died several months after replacing both ramp and clock motors with the newer model from Stern that has one long, insulated wire bundle that goes directly to the Node 10 board. I replaced it with my extra Node 10 and the game has been working for a couple months. Stern sent 2 *new* motors and a node 10 board, so now I need to replace them again and send all 3 parts back to Stern this time.

IMG_2562 (resized).jpgIMG_2562 (resized).jpgIMG_2574 (resized).jpegIMG_2574 (resized).jpegIMG_2578 (resized).jpegIMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
#17822 34 days ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Sorry for the repeat if some of you saw my Facebook post. Not too many others would appreciate this (although my wife was a good sport and sincerely congratulated me).
Yesterday afternoon I stepped up to Rush and played one game without restarting. Got my best score, defeated *both* Cygnus X1 Books 1 and 2 wizard modes, and got to 2102 before draining the last ball. Premium, factory settings, 3 balls, 6.5 deg, factory post in narrowest (easiest) out lane position, all the NinjaCamp fixes.
The flipper modes on the Cygnus Book 2 are quite challenging! Luckily you don't have to hit a ton of shots.
Other notes:
I *still* hate La Villa Strangiato, but I can occasionally complete it.
My node 10 board died several months after replacing both ramp and clock motors with the newer model from Stern that has one long, insulated wire bundle that goes directly to the Node 10 board. I replaced it with my extra Node 10 and the game has been working for a couple months. Stern sent 2 *new* motors and a node 10 board, so now I need to replace them again and send all 3 parts back to Stern this time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you earned the bragging rights.
Latest code I hope...
You are a both game and node 10 expert at this point.
Time to travel to 2112? That's about all that's left for you.... I really love playing that mode And so glad they added it to the challenges.
But I also think lvs is an epic song and love playing pinball to it... Especially with a buzz.

#17823 34 days ago

This pin is just Epic.

Every time I play, long game or short game,
I leave with a smile on my face.

It is such a brilliantly executed and well balanced code layout combination.
Still GOAT IMO.

#17824 34 days ago

I love Rush a lot especially the premium and Limited Edition models! Wish stern could get a fix out faster but it’s in the works!

#17825 34 days ago

Rush is a rush to play mines never leaving

#17826 33 days ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Rush is a rush to play mines never leaving

Agree. The band with Ed's involvement and Stern team on this title all took it seriously... the team has personal interest and it shows.
They really did this RUSH pin justice....I mean who really thought it would ever get made? Epic. It's fun every time and like they say, easy to play, hard to master.

#17827 33 days ago

Dumb question forthcoming: Does my LE have a replaceable battery on the board somewhere, and if so, where is it? I got a battery change notice here on Pinside, and I can't find any reference to a battery in my ops manual.

#17828 33 days ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Dumb question forthcoming: Does my LE have a replaceable battery on the board somewhere, and if so, where is it? I got a battery change notice here on Pinside, and I can't find any reference to a battery in my ops manual.

The battery is on the cpu board in the head. That said it probably will be years before it needs replacing.

#17829 33 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Agree. The band with Ed's involvement and Stern team on this title all took it seriously... the team has personal interest and it shows.
They really did this RUSH pin justice....I mean who really thought it would ever get made? Epic. It's fun every time and like they say, easy to play, hard to master.

I have a Rush premium on loan. It’s pretty awesome and growing on me quick. I enjoy the call outs a lot and think they’re really well done.

I haven’t followed this game or thread AT ALL,but here’s a few observations. The music is very quiet compared to the rest of the game. I turned the music attenuation down to -10 and it is MUCH better. Haven’t hooked up a sub yet but I’m sure that’s a must. This game seems to be a very long player with a lot of multiballs, I thought GNR and AIQ had a lot of multiballs, this one puts it to shame. That said, the modes, multiballs, layout, rules, are all very well done; much better than those other 2.

The game I have on loan does have a loose tilt, I may change that, but I did limit extra balls to 2, and managed to get to and beat Cygnus book 1 and played book 2. Those are really well done modes, very enjoyable despite it taking 30 minutes to get there lol.

#17830 33 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The game I have on loan does have a loose tilt, I may change that, but I did limit extra balls to 2

FYI, a normal game only has 3 anyway (post 1.10 code and without the topper.) 6 ramps, 5 albums, 50 years.

Yes, Rush is multiball heavy. Once you start getting into the time machine upgrades that add balls and ball savers to all the multiballs, that tends to snowball into more time machine upgrades and multiball perks. And the multiballs can go on forever, with the mystery add-a-ball, plus the Weapon add-a-balls too, plus stackable Headlong Flight and One Little Victory. Rush can be a long player with all this, but it doesn't feel like it gets bogged down, you're always making progress on the main goals and not a million side features like Godzilla.

#17831 32 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought GNR and AIQ had a lot of multiballs, this one puts it to shame

Nothing is as multiball heavy as GNR.

#17832 32 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Nothing is as multiball heavy as GNR.

Nah. Once you learn GNR you’ll learn that it bounces around from 1 to 6 balls, but is typically 1-3; and if you can get to encore’s, you’re usually playing one ball play. GNR’s problem is the ball launch and lock release place balls right in front of the flippers - it’s a poor design choice coupled with poor code choice; Rush definitely has more multiballs that last longer. That said, RUSH does it better. Layout and rules lend itself better to the multiball frenzy more than GNR. Both pins do the music themes right in that they give you long ball times so you can rock out to the music. I still prefer GNR at the moment, but only by a narrow margin; Rush is still new to me but it’s freakin awesome and has way better mini wizard modes (Cygnus book 1 & 2 were great to play); it has definitely climbed into my #2 favorite music pin spot, with Metallica and AC/DC far behind in 3rd and 4th. I think it has potential to dethrone my favorite, GNR, need more time/gameplay/learning.

#17833 32 days ago

Rules question: La Villa Stragianto; where is the verse 7/12 shot? Nothing is lit, purple light vanishes. Thanks in advance.

#17834 32 days ago

I picked up a used Premium a few weeks ago; LOVE the game, LOVE Rush, and I really am enjoying the community here. I've almost read through the entire forum, but I haven't seen this issue discussed:

When I got my game, I noticed the action button didn't seem to do anything and felt very loose. Popping the bar off, I saw that the switch was pushed below the LED board. After talking to Stern support, they said just lift/bend it back up and things should be fine. Which they were for a bit, but anyone pressing the button hard during the heat of a game pushes that switch back down under the LED board.

I *thought* that white nub on the switch would fit inside the action button plunger, and if it did it looks like it would fix the problem. But it doesn't. It almost seems like I need to cut the end off that plunger cause it's just too long, but wanted to see if there was a better fix or if anyone had encountered this issue? I don't know if it's related, but the round ring of the action button doesn't fit flush against the metal bar (if it did, it would make the problem even worse, so maybe that's by design).

Thanks much.

IMG_6410 (resized).jpegIMG_6410 (resized).jpegIMG_6460 (resized).jpegIMG_6460 (resized).jpegIMG_6461 (resized).jpegIMG_6461 (resized).jpeg
#17835 32 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think it has potential to dethrone my favorite, GNR, need more time/gameplay/learning.

I go back and forth on this feeling STILL... GnR gets dusty while I rock out playing Rush, my favorite band, which feels like it's GOAT. Pinball to Rush is so good.
It feels like a traditional pin designed by a lifelong fan (Borg)for fans and code by world class tournament players (rayday, Sexton)... Comes together so well .
Ahh chef's kiss.

and then I feel bad and so go play Gunner and am reminded once again why it's an beautiful immersive masterpiece world under glass adrenaline high octane moments risk reward applause jackpot superhigh or a throw it against the wall rock and roll GNFR experience pin.. Stern feels cheap in comparison.

Then the cycle repeats.
Very complimentry to each other.
And I like Multiballs.
This is why I have both bolted. Lol.

Speaking of Multiballs...
Wait until you play 2112..
Oh and pinwoofer on this title is even better than Gunner.
The stock speakers and amp in Stern sucks so you ain't heard nothing yet.... Sub is a nice add too but if you DO get this title.. PW is a Worthy must.

I knew you'd connect with it, as long as the music didn't drive you away. Hopefully you're a fan of that too!

#17836 32 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I go back and forth on this feeling STILL... GnR gets dusty while I rock out playing Rush, my favorite band, which feels like it's GOAT. Pinball to Rush is so good.
It feels like a traditional pin designed by a lifelong fan (Borg)for fans and code by world class tournament players (rayday, Sexton)... Comes together so well .
Ahh chef's kiss.
and then I feel bad and so go play Gunner and am reminded once again why it's an beautiful immersive masterpiece world under glass adrenaline high octane moments risk reward applause jackpot superhigh or a throw it against the wall rock and roll GNFR experience pin.. Stern feels cheap in comparison.
Then the cycle repeats.
Very complimentry to each other.
And I like Multiballs.
This is why I have both bolted. Lol.
Speaking of Multiballs...
Wait until you play 2112..
Oh and pinwoofer on this title is even better than Gunner.
The stock speakers and amp in Stern sucks so you ain't heard nothing yet.... Sub is a nice add too but if you DO get this title.. PW is a Worthy must.
I knew you'd connect with it, as long as the music didn't drive you away. Hopefully you're a fan of that too!

If anyone knew anything about these 2 pins, you’d be the guy! Rush is bad ass for sure.

#17837 32 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rules question: La Villa Stragianto; where is the verse 7/12 shot? Nothing is lit, purple light vanishes. Thanks in advance.

The upper loop is that one I think.

#17838 32 days ago
Quoted from lospugs:

The upper loop is that one I think.

That’s a hard shot to see the insert so I bet it was lit. I’ll check again, thanks!

#17839 32 days ago

Yes, Strangiato shot 7 is the upper loop. (It's comboable from the spinner which is shot 6; all the shots in Strangiato are located so they can combo into each other.) The upper loop will also spot shots 8-11 if each is shot quickly in succession after 7.

The tough shot to notice for Strangiato is 9, which is the time machine, since that doesn't have an arrow on the playfield.

#17840 31 days ago

I love cashing out Strangiato!

#17841 31 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have a Rush premium on loan. It’s pretty awesome and growing on me quick. I enjoy the call outs a lot and think they’re really well done.
I haven’t followed this game or thread AT ALL,but here’s a few observations. The music is very quiet compared to the rest of the game. I turned the music attenuation down to -10 and it is MUCH better. Haven’t hooked up a sub yet but I’m sure that’s a must. This game seems to be a very long player with a lot of multiballs, I thought GNR and AIQ had a lot of multiballs, this one puts it to shame. That said, the modes, multiballs, layout, rules, are all very well done; much better than those other 2.
The game I have on loan does have a loose tilt, I may change that, but I did limit extra balls to 2, and managed to get to and beat Cygnus book 1 and played book 2. Those are really well done modes, very enjoyable despite it taking 30 minutes to get there lol.

I wish Rush was a long player for me. My Bond and Godzilla are relatively much longer unfortunately, I have always struggled a bit with Rush, I don't know why. Maybe I get lost in the music LOL.

#17842 31 days ago

I was shocked to see this last night. I guess the $100 price cut sold it out!

Wish Stern would just make those hats. I want one badly.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17843 31 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

... The upper loop will also spot shots 8-11 if each is shot quickly in succession after 7.
The tough shot to notice for Strangiato is 9, which is the time machine, since that doesn't have an arrow on the playfield.

Does this mean that you can skip the time machine if you just loop them fast on the upper loop? That's good to know.

#17844 31 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

I wish Rush was a long player for me. My Bond and Godzilla are relatively much longer unfortunately, I have always struggled a bit with Rush, I don't know why. Maybe I get lost in the music LOL.

The way Rush gets long is when you start getting the time machine upgrades and Weapon album combos, since those are what boost and extend all the multiballs. It does take a number of steps before you get into the long playing. The wizard modes also each last 10+ minutes once you get that far.

I approach it like this: get the first song up to +30% or 40% scoring before you start it, and stack Far Cry MB with it, which should be enough to complete it with 80m score for 10 time machine years. That gets the first time machine upgrade, which boosts the time machine multiballs with +1 ball and +10 second ball saver, so then stack the second song with the first time machine MB.

Quoted from lospugs:

Does this mean that you can skip the time machine if you just loop them fast on the upper loop? That's good to know.

Yes. If you can loop the upper loop 5 times in Strangiato, that counts for shots 7-11, and you will skip the time machine and also the tough upper ramp shot immediately after that. (Galaxy brain: make sure you have a purple or rainbow record on the loop before starting Strangiato, for 2x scoring on this step.)

#17845 31 days ago

Ah, I figured it out, I'm missing the spacer or washer below the button:

PNG image (resized).pngPNG image (resized).png
#17846 31 days ago
Quoted from lenonator:

Ah, I figured it out, I'm missing the spacer or washer below the button:
[quoted image]

Yeah, that would definitely be the source of your issues. I'm pretty sure the plunger pushes the leaf down way too far without a spacer.

Thankfully, it looks like it's a 5 dollar fix (if you haven't found this already):

https://www.pinballlife.com/mounting-spacer-for-actionfire-button-located-on-stern-lockdown-bars.html

I'm more curious about the beer seal residue on the apron. What's going on there?

#17847 31 days ago
Quoted from XQJ-37:

Yeah, that would definitely be the source of your issues. I'm pretty sure the plunger pushes the leaf down way too far without a spacer.
Thankfully, it looks like it's a 5 dollar fix (if you haven't found this already):
https://www.pinballlife.com/mounting-spacer-for-actionfire-button-located-on-stern-lockdown-bars.html
I'm more curious about the beer seal residue on the apron. What's going on there?

Ha ha, yeah, bought it from a bar owner. It’s in great shape but still cleaning

#17848 30 days ago
Quoted from lenonator:

Ha ha, yeah, bought it from a bar owner. It’s in great shape but still cleaning

Love it that it was Rush that pulled you out of a 6 year lurk.

#17849 30 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Love it that it was Rush that pulled you out of a 6 year lurk.

I joined when I picked up my Hurricane but kinda forgot about this site. Such a great resource. I'm trying to find a Comet for reasonable price for a buddy of mine - another buddy has the Cyclone so we want to complete the trilogy.

#17850 29 days ago

Where's the Insider achievement notice for this one? I was having my best game ever (not saying much - final score was 500-600M), and I ripped the spinner off.

Luckily, I got the ball to a scoop and opened the door to lock it there while I got it fixed.

Naturally, the ball didn't leave the scoop until a stuck ball check, and it was launched SDTM without the usual ball save.

IMG_5558 (resized).jpegIMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,595 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,902 posts in this topic. You are on page 357 of 359.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/357 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.