(Topic ID: 7213)

The Next Machine?

By Stack15

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0305.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I have heard all of the rumors about an ACDC pinball machine. I have even seen the stern facebook posts that vaguely backup said rumors. However, are there any other ideas being tossed around?

I do want to add another machine to my collection and have been searching for a stern Spiderman to purchase. I'm not up to speed on pinball repair - so I'm not thrilled about the idea of buying a machine from pre-2000 era.

Anyways, I figure if I can't find a Spiderman I should just wait and purchase a NIB one. I'm not a fan of Tron or the Transformers... so I passed on those. Here is my big question: has there been any talk about a WWE Pinball? That's professional wrestling if you aren't fimilar. If there hasn't been any talk... can we start it now? Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

i have heard others sugest a wwe pin. if you are a fan you should check out a royal rumble pin data east 1994. i have one and i really enjoy it.it can be had in nice shape for around $1,000.

#3 12 years ago

All pins can break even new ones. We all learn that. SM is awesome though.

#4 12 years ago

Where have you heard about a WWE pin? I have just been throwing up my hopes of a WWE Legends machine. If it is just a current roster one then it will be a let down.

#5 12 years ago

My guess for the next pins are going to be:
    Borg - Muse
    Steve Ritchie: The Avengers.

#6 12 years ago

That would actually make a great pin.

#7 12 years ago

Do you mean Borg like Star Trek Borg? Has there even been anything Star Trek related since that movie with the younger CPT Kirk? If not, wouldn't the Borg thing be coming out of nowhere? Or do you mean the tennis player named Borg? I wouldn't be interested in that at all.

You're probably right about the Avengers. There are pleanty of things in that and an upcoming movie. My observation has been that the new machines are either music related or constructed off of a new movie.

I did see a WWF pinball near me for $400 but it had already sold. The only rumor I have heard about a WWE machine is the one I tried to start.

I'm a little weary of shelling out $4,500+ on a machine that I haven't played and that has no reviews. But I'm rather confident if there was a WWE one that I would like it. ACDC is mildly intriguing. I've read numerous reviews and watched an hour or so of utube videos on Spiderman. It looks pretty good.

#8 12 years ago

I assume he is talking about John Borg, the designer...

#9 12 years ago

Silly me... what's a muse then? According to google, it is an English Alternative Rock band. I'm not sure if that would sell. Better do U2 instead.

#10 12 years ago

You can't go wrong with SM Stack!
    It is only going to keep climbing higher in $$$...
    I ran across a WWF not too long ago, pretty fun pin too!
    Here is the PF...

IMG_0305.jpgIMG_0305.jpg
    If you are patient enough, one will turn up sooner or later in good condition.
    Good luck!

#11 12 years ago

Thanks! I saw one of those at an auction once (I think SM was there too). But I was so intent on getting one of the three TAFs they had... that was all I was really paying attention to. That and I can only transport one pin at a time in my SUV. I did get the one I wanted. So that was good.

The WWF pin looks like it has a lot of stuff going on. I wonder why it didn't keep much value?

#12 12 years ago

I'd be surprised if they did another band themed machine so soon, especially a band who IMO have a smaller niche appeal than Rolling Stones.

Avengers seems likely. They would have missed the boat on this one now but Pulp Fiction just got released on Blu-Ray and it would have been a perfect theme with more available sound bites than anyone could ever need. I'd probably NIB a Pulp Fiction.

#13 12 years ago

What about the "Incrediables?" The 2nd movie should be coming out sooner or later. Do you think that may become a pinball machine? That's one I could get excited about.

#14 12 years ago

I am pretty sure Toy Story is about 100 times more popular than the Incredibles. I'd think one for Toy Story 4 is much, much, much more likely.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

Pulp Fiction just got released on Blu-Ray and it would have been a perfect theme with more available sound bites than anyone could ever need.

Ohh I wish you never said that. I just got super excited over a pin that will likely never be made. Would be a great theme with awesome quotes and music for sure!

#16 12 years ago

FWIW Toy Story 3 is the last installment in the series.

#18 12 years ago

I still say despicable me or MIB3 would be an awesome theme.

#19 12 years ago

Well rumors include, Avengers, AC-DC, Metallica, Star Trek, Toy Story, and Muppets!

I hope JJP does the Hobbit.

If WOZ is good and I like the theme for JJP unlicensed, could well go for that.

#20 12 years ago

Toy Story 3 ended the series perfectly. I don't even know WHY a fourth is being made.

#21 12 years ago

^^^
    Because they like to ruin a good things by trying to continue to make money on a title that was great. ie Cinderella, lady and the tramp, open season...Some movies never should have been made into 2nds and 3rds imo. All they do is ruin it for me anyways. Oh, and turn them into tv series that should never be as well. I would love a Despicable Me pin or Nightmare before Christmas!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Toy Story 3 ended the series perfectly. I don't even know WHY a fourth is being made.

Disney - people keep buying, they'll keep making.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Ohh I wish you never said that. I just got super excited over a pin that will likely never be made. Would be a great theme with awesome quotes and music for sure!

I'm tempted to make a cab art mockup image and send it to Stern and JJP with the world 'please' underneath. The standard film poster/dvd cover is a perfect backglass too.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If WOZ is good and I like the theme for JJP unlicensed, could well go for that.

Themes are the only games that'll sell 2000 or even 1000+ man.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Themes are the only games that'll sell 2000 or even 1000+ man.

Sad but true I think in this day and age. But I am still holding my breath for that promised 2nd JJP with Nordman at the helm.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I'm tempted to make a cab art mockup image and send it to Stern and JJP with the world 'please' underneath. The standard film poster/dvd cover is a perfect backglass too.

You should do it system 11 I would love to play a Pulp Fiction themed pin!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.