IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1845 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1712 (resized).jpeg
7sgyzy.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
anigif_enhanced-1526-1461872870-10.gif
EcGRpIxWsAMs9cY (resized).jpg
There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 8 months ago

I have been so busy, I had forgot about this thread, again.

I am happy that my eye finally stopped hurting, after that stupid accident I had recently.

I am also happy that my tooth isn't hurting now, after I figured I was about to have to see a dentist and pay their probably 6k fee for a tooth repair these days.

I am very happy that summer is almost over now, I like cooler weather.

Stay Happy!

#452 8 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have been so busy, I had forgot about this thread, again.

Same here. I’ve been on pinside a lot less staying busy with other things. Including some pinball stuff which I need to post updates on. Behind on a number of PMs.

Dayhuff doesn’t know it yet but he’s getting a full used plastic set for his Atlantis from me I think he’s just expecting two pieces. Plus I don’t have PayPal Venmo or any of that crap so it’s on me. Hopefully he’ll have a happy day this week.

Mr_Tantrum has been helping me with some custom laser cutting stuff which I really appreciate.

Have a PBR order coming from 3 games that are really rough so I’ll be having a happy Friday. Not a happy Saturday when I write Steve a check but seriously his stuff is really cheap (in price) so I probably just order more anyway.

#453 8 months ago

That is audio magic imo.

1 week later
#454 7 months ago

Average high for here is 86 now, and in the 10-day forecast most highs are predicted to be around 80, and I am happy to get some cooler weather.

Unless I am going to the lake, or to the beach, I really hate the 90's.

This summer was not bad at all here, started off with below average temps, and in July and August was around average, so I cannot complain about the temperatures at all.

The mosquitoes were bad though. I will be happy when it is cold enough that they are all gone.

2 weeks later
#455 7 months ago

Fall is here, and it’s my favourite season. It’ll only get to the lower 60’s here, but I’m thinking of golfing today. We have hockey starting real soon, baseball playoffs starting next week, and nfl just under way..my dogs are healthy/happy, and work, and everything overall is good…things could always be better, but I choose to be happy n live for the day

#456 7 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Fall is here, and it’s my favourite season

Me too. Love the smell, crisp mornings, foliage colors, getting some projects done on those last few good weekends without the blistering heat, getting closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

#457 7 months ago

Halloween!

IMG_1712 (resized).jpegIMG_1712 (resized).jpeg
#458 6 months ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Me too. Love the smell, crisp mornings, foliage colors, getting some projects done on those last few good weekends without the blistering heat, getting closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Walks in the evening, smelling wood fires burning.

#459 6 months ago

I'm very happy with this cooler weather that we are supposed to get for the next 10 days. Hopefully for the rest of the year also.

Best time of the year for me is when it is cold enough to get rid of the mosquitos.

2 weeks later
#460 6 months ago

I just listened for the first time today to the mix of The Who’s Pinball Wizard used for the Rock Band 2 video game.
It doesn’t fade out at the end like on the Tommy LP or the 45 single.
An extra 5 seconds of music I’d never heard before.
It made me happy.

#461 6 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

I just listened for the first time today to the mix of The Who’s Pinball Wizard used for the Rock Band 2 video game.

@mooch, Rock Band is a childhood memory, not for me but my kids - we played it a lot when they are young and now they like a lot of the same Rock music I do - that makes me happy

3 weeks later
#462 5 months ago

More music making me happy. I was just rocking out at 4 in the morning to this video of Joe Cocker performing in a Paris nightclub in 1968.

2 weeks later
#463 4 months ago

Confess, I wasn't happy for a while, just one thing after another.

I thought to get free tv with an antenna I had to use a converter box, and those things go out all the time, but recently when I found out that new tv's have that built in, I am very happy to be done with those boxes. I love my new tv.

I do stream also, but I only pay that site 84 bucks a year, so I do have almost everything I want to watch, for less than what I used to pay a month with cable or dish.

#464 4 months ago

I will be even happier when all the leaves are off the trees. I take care of several properties, and cleaning up leaves is almost as bad as having to cut grass all the time for several months.

#465 4 months ago

As far as music, recently an old song came on the radio that I had never heard much in the past, and never paid attention to it. It is The Pretenders, and that Brass in Pocket song I never cared for.

However, in this song, when she sings the part about "you changed", her voice sounds cute, and makes me happy for some reason.

The song sounds good to me anyway and makes me happy.

1 week later
#466 4 months ago

Happy song, bring me the horizon.

1 week later
#467 4 months ago

Happy Christmas everyone!

1 week later
#468 3 months ago

Happy New Year! I'm happy just found out I don't have to report for jury duty tomorrow.

#469 3 months ago

Happy New Year! I hope all of you have a very happy 2024!

#470 3 months ago

I'm happy that a check I mailed 12/20 finally arrived today. Used to take 2 days at the most, was only traveling 20 miles.

My bank used to do a stop payment for free, but now another bank has acquired them, and they want $34 to do that.

I was watching everything, and I figured on 1/19 I would go ahead and eat the $34 and cancel that and just drive the new check myself.

1 week later
#471 3 months ago

I'm very happy that we have a grocery store chain called Food Depot here. 3 locations very close to me.

Not only are their prices on most items less than other stores, but their store brands are also awesome. For frozen pizza, they have a Mexican pizza that is very awesome, and also their store brand ice cream is very awesome, and very cheap for a full gallon of it.

#472 3 months ago

As far as music, recently an old song came on the radio that I had never heard much in the past, and never paid attention to it. It is The Pretenders, and that Brass in Pocket song I never cared for.
However, in this song, when she sings the part about "you changed", her voice sounds cute, and makes me happy for some reason.
The song sounds good to me anyway and makes me happy.

I always liked Chrissie Hyndes voice! Deep and sexy.

3 weeks later
#473 83 days ago

Last night, after 15 years of marriage, my wife and I completed our “nerd goal” of watching every episode (and Movie) of Star Trek ever made together. We are both huge fans, and started Voyager together when we were still dating. Last night, we watched the most recent Strange New Worlds. Some of these are great! Some of these are terrible. I don’t think my wife would be comfortable ranking them, but I am.

The Next Generation (and movies)
Lower Decks
Strange New Worlds
Deep Space 9
The Original Series (and movies)
Voyager
Kelvin Universe movies
Enterprise
The Animated Series
Picard (as a whole, last season was great though)
Prodigy
Discovery
Short Treks

Each and every one of these had some great episodes and some terrible ones.

If you are unfamiliar with the series and want to watch one old school episode that stands great on itself, I’d recommend season 1 episode 8 of the original series, Balance of Terror from 1966.

My personal favorites are the grey characters that are made for the series. Q, Quark, Mud, are all great. I also love the super-smart science officer borderline Mary Sue characters like Spock, 7 of 9, and data. The crossover episodes they have made are pure fan service and some of my favorites.
Overall, it’s been fun watching all of these, but the real best part is getting to enjoy them with my wife. She’s a bigger Star Trek nerd than me (she read’s the books too) and I love her for it.

#474 83 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Last night, after 15 years of marriage, my wife and I completed our “nerd goal” of watching every episode (and Movie) of Star Trek ever made together. We are both huge fans, and started Voyager together when we were still dating. Last night, we watched the most recent Strange New Worlds. Some of these are great! Some of these are terrible. I don’t think my wife would be comfortable ranking them, but I am.
The Next Generation (and movies)
Lower Decks
Strange New Worlds
Deep Space 9
The Original Series (and movies)
Voyager
Kelvin Universe movies
Enterprise
The Animated Series
Picard (as a whole, last season was great though)
Prodigy
Discovery
Short Treks
Each and every one of these had some great episodes and some terrible ones.
If you are unfamiliar with the series and want to watch one old school episode that stands great on itself, I’d recommend season 1 episode 8 of the original series, Balance of Terror from 1966.
My personal favorites are the grey characters that are made for the series. Q, Quark, Mud, are all great. I also love the super-smart science officer borderline Mary Sue characters like Spock, 7 of 9, and data. The crossover episodes they have made are pure fan service and some of my favorites.
Overall, it’s been fun watching all of these, but the real best part is getting to enjoy them with my wife. She’s a bigger Star Trek nerd than me (she read’s the books too) and I love her for it.

I agree next gen is the best overall. Every episode is somewhat spectacular.
Right down to they made a pin everyone has likely played here.
Make it so!

#475 82 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

“nerd goal” of watching every episode (and Movie) of Star Trek ever made

I’m happy you posted this list! I had the same goal. I got through original, next gen, deep space, voyager, and half way through enterprise before Netflix dropped them awhile back.

#476 82 days ago
Quoted from JRC6000:

I’m happy you posted this list! I had the same goal. I got through original, next gen, deep space, voyager, and half way through enterprise before Netflix dropped them awhile back.

Its all on Paramount Plus now. Except Prodigy which is on Netflix for some reason.

It's really a kids show. If you want to watch the best episode of Prodigy, I'd recommend Season 1 episode 13 - All the World's a Stage as being one of the few "good" episodes. If you have kids under 12 you might be able to watch the whole series with them (its short).

#477 82 days ago

You could rank each movies within that list, Wrath of Khan would have top shelf for sure!

2 weeks later
#478 66 days ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#479 54 days ago

Im happy! Yesterday my hockey team secured their position in the SHL, after finally getting back there last year - after nine long years in Allsvenskan.

MoDo Hockey!

#480 54 days ago

Today, my favorite musician David Gilmour, turns 78 years old. With a new album in the works the man is still making music - Happy birthday DG!

IMG_0763 (resized).jpegIMG_0763 (resized).jpeg
#481 54 days ago

Saw Dune: Part Two in IMAX. What a great movie! The acting, the desert ambiance—it all came together beautifully. An homage to the original books. Sci-fi masterpiece. For nearly three hours, I was transported to Arrakis. Made me real happy!

#482 48 days ago

I just picked up a nib Jaws premium, and so far, I'm very happy with it.

4 weeks later
#483 20 days ago

I just discovered that if I go to YouTube and post a video here by clicking the "share button" there, I can watch the video here without any adds.

If it makes you happy, post here also, to skip the ads there.

#484 16 days ago

I just watched a 2008 movie called Mum & Dad. That movie was very messed up. I was happy when it was over.

#485 16 days ago

Recently I moved several games around, and at some point, messed up my upper back very badly. Happy that is better now.

However, now my lower back is hurting some, and I messed up my knee while ago.

After a few beers, I'm getting happy again.

#486 16 days ago

Recently I moved several games around, and at some point, messed up my upper back very badly. Happy that is better now.

It was all worth it, for the space and money for the Jaws premium, that game is a whole lot of fun, and while I grow tired of callouts in most games pretty quickly, I really like the callouts in this game, so pretty sure I'll have it around for a long time, just like my The Walking Dead pro.

Happy dance!

#487 14 days ago

Got the lawnmower out of winter storage today, and with a minimum of prep, it started on the first pull.
Still had to mow the lawn, but very happy with the easy start to it.

#488 14 days ago

I am very happy to have my mom back home safe.

She is 80 years old and has dementia, so I'm taking care of her, she lives with me, since dad passed away a few years ago.

I took away her car keys while ago, I knew that day was coming soon.

She had already forgotten how to get to her doctor's office, so I had drove her there the last couple of times.

She still was ok going to church and Kroger, like 3 miles away.

Well, today she didn't come home from church, and I figured she may be spending the afternoon with some of her church friends.

Nope. About 7 o'clock tonight I got on the phone, and I finally called 911.

First thing when the officer arrived, he asked if mom had family in Calhoun, about 60 miles from here, because that is the last place her car tag showed up on surveillance.

I was like oh shit, she must have been carjacked.

Nope, one minute later, while the cop was standing there, my phone rang, it was mom's cell phone, and this woman said they found my mom lost at Kroger in Calhoun, and they offered to meet me halfway to get her.

Those were very nice people, they didn't want to take any money, but I insisted for their gas and trouble.

Mom told them she lived in Dawsonville, that's where she grew up, and they were about to drive her there, before they checked her phone, and called me back, after I had been trying to call.

Mom had just got turned around and kept driving. Mom told my girlfriend that she had a very fun day.

I'm just happy that nice people found my mom. No car for mom now, and I will have to watch her very closely from now on.

#489 13 days ago

I am very happy to have my mom back home safe.
She is 80 years old and has dementia, so I'm taking care of her, she lives with me, since dad passed away a few years ago.
I took away her car keys while ago, I knew that day was coming soon.
She had already forgotten how to get to her doctor's office, so I had drove her there the last couple of times.
She still was ok going to church and Kroger, like 3 miles away.
Well, today she didn't come home from church, and I figured she may be spending the afternoon with some of her church friends.
Nope. About 7 o'clock tonight I got on the phone, and I finally called 911.
First thing when the officer arrived, he asked if mom had family in Calhoun, about 60 miles from here, because that is the last place her car tag showed up on surveillance.
I was like oh shit, she must have been carjacked.
Nope, one minute later, while the cop was standing there, my phone rang, it was mom's cell phone, and this woman said they found my mom lost at Kroger in Calhoun, and they offered to meet me halfway to get her.
Those were very nice people, they didn't want to take any money, but I insisted for their gas and trouble.
Mom told them she lived in Dawsonville, that's where she grew up, and they were about to drive her there, before they checked her phone, and called me back, after I had been trying to call.
Mom had just got turned around and kept driving. Mom told my girlfriend that she had a very fun day.
I'm just happy that nice people found my mom. No car for mom now, and I will have to watch her very closely from now on.

Guess you'll be going to church now too!

#490 13 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Thought that this was the happy thread

#491 13 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

HELL NO!!!

#492 13 days ago

I'm very happy the day is almost over, and I got done all I needed to do, mostly phone calls, alerting friends and family that mom has gone way downhill.

I didn't sleep worth a crap last night, my mind kept going over what all I needed to do. I was tired all day.

Mom has been very happy the whole time, she enjoyed the long drive and meeting new people, never once cried about being lost.

I'm just very glad that good people found her and helped her.

Some of moms' family has also had dementia, but by far, mom is the happiest person that I have ever known of that had dementia.

#493 13 days ago

When I drink Horchata-it tends to make me happy
Horchata (resized).jpegHorchata (resized).jpeg
Happiness is fleeting (resized).jpgHappiness is fleeting (resized).jpg

#494 12 days ago

Update on my mom stuff, while ago she thanked me for taking away her car keys, and told me I did the right thing, so at least with her dementia at this point, she does still understand some things, and I'm very happy she is not totally messed up yet.

Dementia runs in her family, and I know firsthand how bad it can all get, and not at that point yet.

And hopefully any future posts here from me, will all be really happy ones, and maybe even funny, time will tell.

I hope all of you are having a very HAPPY WEEK!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-happy-thread/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.