(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,117 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2310 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2308 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2302 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5139 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).png
Godfather rubbers list (resized).png
Capo area rubers (resized).png
20240421_092122.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 83.
#3751 33 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Jjp sent tracking details for new rails and lockdown bar... just says labeled created
Will keep you guys posted

Same here. Got the tracking # today.

I assume that JJP is only addressing the people that actually complained and opened a ticket about the discoloration. This was a manufacturing defect and although it has taken a lot longer than promised I am very grateful that JJP is standing by the defect, openly admitting it and taking care of the problem. It should not take away from JJP's quality reputation as crap happens and they are making it right for their customers.

Unfortunately this means we are going to have a split market. There are going to be CEs that got the replacements and ones that didn't. Can a 2nd hand owner even get the replacements or would it have to go through the original owner? This could be interesting and wonder if it will impact CE value much between replaced and unreplaced versions for sale.

#3752 33 days ago

Id guess JJP isnt doing all the replacements at once. Cause I definitely have a ticket in.

#3753 33 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Id guess JJP isnt doing all the replacements at once. Cause I definitely have a ticket in.

Possibly maybe they did it In order? I really sent a complaint about my lock down bar as it has a weird black dot on it...
Now I gotta see how to remove side rails I still have the green film on mine

#3754 33 days ago

I have a ticket open and haven’t heard from them either.

#3755 33 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I didn’t get any email either. I’ll wait a few days and reach out if I don’t see anything soon. It’s good it’s finally happening.

I have a ticket open and haven’t heard from them either.

I'd give it more than a few days...
Here I'll start this...

My Case # is 1404_ removed last number for safety
Email of photos (as requested by jjp)sent
On Oct 16

#3756 33 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Here I'll start this...
My Case # is 1404_
On Oct 16

#3757 33 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Here I'll start this...
My Case # is 1404_ removed last number for safety
On Oct 16

Just looking at my email I sent photos on September 8th last year.

No worries. Glad they are finally coming. I’ll reach out to JJP by end of week and follow up. Last email I got on this issue was in December.

#3758 32 days ago

Last week I closed my small collection since I don't have room for more games (if I really like a new title, the next thing would be to sell one and start rotating), today I played my games and my GodFather definitely doesn't leave the house, this game stays and I don't give a damn about the price, it makes me happy...period.

My favorite multiball is Compound, I like the blue lights too much and until today I had never seen the scene of Michael on the floor when he’s being shot and the bullets break a mirror, it was quite exciting.

I just hope that JJP gives us more scenes, and please... please JJP, change that Pacino's knock-off phrase for the original, listening to that cheap copy is not encouraging ... this game is too good, so the original is important

#3759 32 days ago

I finally outran my location inventory needs and am rebuilding a home collection. Godfather came home. I have not really played it for about a year when I bought for MPB and started this club. Plenty of mixed reviews back then. “Too easy” “too many multiballs”. At the time it was crystal clear FOO, which came out like the same week, was better.

Whelp. I have it home fully tuned and modded with what appears to be a few code updates and I’m just besides myself. This game is freaking AMAZING. The layout is so damn genius with the ramps, lifts, loops, locks, subways. Left Right flipper balance. Weapon multiplier is genius. Compound layout is genius. Third flipper shots have the right difficulty. Shots are forced all over the playfield. Multiple ways to score. Cool to have soliders and influence and territories happening “in the background.” The right amount of risk/reward. Mine plays very hard, infuriating sometimes even.

I can now say it is a coin toss between which I like better, FOO or GF. If they were the same price, I’d take GF first without hesitation.

Will post some pics later for mod fans.

#3760 32 days ago

Negative on that email.

Email received

#3761 32 days ago

I just sent in my pics to support.

#3762 31 days ago

My package is estimated to be here Friday

#3763 31 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

They are probably wrapping up production on GF, figure now is the time to get these out.

#3764 31 days ago

Managed to reach Baptism wizard mode first time earlier today, it was cool!

The thing that bothers me in wizard modes, you work 25 mins to get into wizard mode but the mode itself can be very short and points you get from the mode can be super small compared to many other points you get in a game. Players should get more points from Wizard modes and it should last longer.

Still liking the game though!

#3765 31 days ago
Quoted from AndyMcLamb:

The thing that bothers me in wizard modes, you work 25 mins to get into wizard mode but the mode itself can be very short and points you get from the mode can be super small compared to many other points you get in a game. Players should get more points from Wizard modes and it should last longer.

I never got to it when I had my game but your right, it should be grandiose in all regards! Nothing like working your way to a major part in the game to be let down. POTC was like this for me. The game is fantastic but the wizard modes are "meh".

#3766 31 days ago

Got my replacements today! Lockdown bar has some scuffs or tool marks on it, so I am requesting another replacement for that. A little disappointing, but I'm sure they will make it right!

20240328_140534 (resized).jpg20240328_140534 (resized).jpg20240328_140538 (resized).jpg20240328_140538 (resized).jpg
#3767 31 days ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Got my replacements today! Lockdown bar has some scuffs or tool marks on it, so I am requesting another replacement for that. A little disappointing, but I'm sure they will make it right!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks. Hopefully that is not a trend and others show up fine.

#3768 31 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That sucks. Hopefully that is not a trend and others show up fine.

Agreed! Knowing my luck its just mine that are screwed up. They have already gotten back to me and are sending another replacement. I am confident they will make it right.

#3769 31 days ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

So the signed poster came as a bonus item?

#3770 31 days ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Hats off to JJP for making things right. My Godfather CE arrives on Tuesday, what am I looking for on the rails and lockdown bar? Hopefully, my game doesn't have this issue

#3771 31 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Hats off to JJP for making things right. My Godfather CE arrives on Tuesday, what am I looking for on the rails and lockdown bar? Hopefully, my game doesn't have this issue

They were all made the same way and all will have issues. It can be tricky to see, but in the right light and the right angle you can see it. In some light you cannot see it much. These pics captured it. These pics were from September, 2 months after I got the game.

PDC04138.JPGPDC04138.JPGPDC04139.JPGPDC04139.JPGPDC04140.JPGPDC04140.JPGPDC04141.JPGPDC04141.JPG
#3772 31 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

They were all made the same way and all will have issues. It can be tricky to see, but in the right light and the right angle you can see it. In some light you cannot see it much. These pics captured it. These pics were from September, 2 months after I got the game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see, thanks. So the gold powder is thin and rubbing off. I'll inspect my game when it arrives and reach out to JJP if there's an issue.

#3773 31 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I see, thanks. So the gold powder is thin and rubbing off. I'll inspect my game when it arrives and reach out to JJP if there's an issue.

Yeah it needed another clear coat. If I was you I would try to get them replaced (the discoloration is inevitable). You just need to log a ticket, they know about the issue and are nice to work with. GL!

#3774 30 days ago

Good morning, family members.
Can a family member post their newly sent, painted attachments here? I would like to see the difference.
Thank you.

#3775 30 days ago

Quoted from great-hosts:

Good morning, family members.
Can a family member post their newly sent, painted attachments here? I would like to see the difference.
Thank you.

Mine come today so I'll post some pics

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3776 30 days ago

New on top / not installed. . Old still on cab

20240329_152819.jpg20240329_152819.jpg20240329_152833.jpg20240329_152833.jpg
#3777 30 days ago

New on top

20240329_155736.jpg20240329_155736.jpg
#3778 30 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

New on top
[quoted image]

Can you see or feel the clear coat?

#3779 30 days ago

Nevermind.

#3780 30 days ago

Swap is fairly easy. You will be raising your playfeild twice and lowering your back box twice

1 bolt in front 11/32 nut
2 gold screws on the side larger Philips head screw driver
1 black small screw in rear behind the backbox hinge - use smaller Philips head screwdriver

I'm making a video on this but just incase

Step 1 - raise playfield, rest on the first metal notch (no need to go vertical)
Front left and right you will see the bolt along with the ferret grounds, use ratchet to remove bolt... remove both fronts

Step 2- place playfield back into game. Remove the 2 gold screws on each side (straight forward)

Step 3 - using the cardboard they sent.. put corner cardboard on rails... drop back box

Step 4 - remove black screw in rear (both sides)

Step 5 - raise back box and secure
Step 6 - remove old rails (they simply slide out... no tape was used or is used

Step 7 - place new rails... screw 1 or both gold screws on each side

Step 8 - lower backbox, put small black screw, raise back box
Step 9- raise playfield, secure the bolts in the front

Done

#3781 30 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you see or feel the clear coat?

Colors are identical in my eyes
As far as feel.. eh i cann't make that call... there is a slight difference but maybe cause the old gold rubbed off? I dunno how to explain it lmao

#3782 30 days ago

Videos up
Now just time to actually play the game and see how the new lockdown bar holds up

#3783 30 days ago
Quoted from AndyMcLamb:

congrats on getting Baptism! yeah totally agree it ends too soon. feel like there should be a longer timer to stay in the mode. Alos can you pleeeeease get Kiss the Ring or an update if its ever coming!?

#3784 29 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

New on top / not installed. . Old still on cab

LMFAO!

Looks the same!

#3785 29 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

congrats on getting Baptism! yeah totally agree it ends too soon. feel like there should be a longer timer to stay in the mode. Alos can you pleeeeease get Kiss the Ring or an update if its ever coming!?

Agree 100%, I didn't have time too see exact points you get from Baptism but it looked like some millions only (i may be wrong here). If you can get 20 million points by killing bad guy once and same number of points from completing wizard mode, it is not right. Completing WM should give max points imo.

Regarding to kiss the ring WM, as it is mentioned in all marketing materials, JJP videos, official instructions etc. I would be very surprised if they dont publish it soon....dont see an option not publishing it at all as it has been officially annouched by JJP.

#3786 29 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

LMFAO!
Looks the same!

Lol can't tell of thats a pro or a con. I honestly was worried about the color being a different color than original. Seeing as it is not is a pro, but now time will tell if what they did really works out. Only thing to do is play

#3787 28 days ago

Going to open up my CE very soon. What should I use for clear of the lock down bar and side rails? I’ll take care of this myself before I play a game.

#3788 28 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Going to open up my CE very soon. What should I use for clear of the lock down bar and side rails? I’ll take care of this myself before I play a game.

The work has already been done for you. Just log a ticket with JJP. I received my replacements yesterday.

#3789 28 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

The work has already been done for you. Just log a ticket with JJP. I received my replacements yesterday.

Ok. Just sent in a ticket. I’ll be curious to see if they send out replacements on a game that hasn’t been opened yet. At least they’ll get a pristine bar and rail set to clearcoat if that’s what they’re doing.

#3790 28 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Ok. Just sent in a ticket. I’ll be curious to see if they send out replacements on a game that hasn’t been opened yet. At least they’ll get a pristine bar and rail set to clearcoat if that’s what they’re doing.

Clear coating isn't really an easy thing from what I heard... the lock down bar has the gold emblem that would require to he remove, along with removing the button on the lock down bar.

Jjp will require the serial number to your game if I recall correctly

#3791 28 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Yeah this will be a good test. If they actually re-made 1,000 of these then they would just be sitting around waiting to be paired up. Could be first come first serve too IDK (lol).

#3792 27 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Same deal. Have an unopened ce. So I should open a ticket and give them my serial number?

#3793 27 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Same deal. Have an unopened ce. So I should open a ticket and give them my serial number?

Not unless you plan on unboxing it.

#3794 27 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Quoted from VisitorQ:

Not unless you plan on unboxing it.

Correct. You have 30 days to return the original ones or be charged for the new rails.

#3795 27 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Also note we (I assume all of us) had to send jjp photos of our issues. As stated in my video I had a blemish on the lockdown bar by the button. I had to send jjp photos

#3796 27 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:Not unless you plan on unboxing it.

So my rails might be fine then? I do plan on unboxing it. What if they’re fine, submit ticket anyways because problem might show up later?

#3797 27 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

So my rails might be fine then? I do plan on unboxing it. What if they’re fine, submit ticket anyways because problem might show up later?

Problem will show up unless you/and anyone playing the game play with gloves on!
The oils in your skin/ hands affect color.
The clear coat treatment should prevent this from happening.

#3798 27 days ago

Got tracking for rails.
Also JJP is replacing to topper board. Hoping that will get the puppets going again.

#3799 27 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Submit a ticket... ur rails in your box are stock and not new/treated. I'm pretty sure u can get a good 10-15 games in / 1 day of play and you'll see the color start to discolor.

#3800 25 days ago

How does everyone have their machine setup to cut down on the cheap drains?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 4,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 83.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.