Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,572 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by cdnpinbacon
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010457 (resized).jpg
    20240426_213941 (resized).jpg
    R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 252.
    #12501 31 days ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Happy belated birthday day punkin. I'm turning 60 myself in a couple months.
    Your post makes me reflect on my own life, and I confess I wish I had forged my own path more, stood up for myself more, and cared less about what others might or might not think of me. I wish I'd ended toxic relationships sooner, and not always taken the "safe" path.

I'm lucky in that way, i care only about what my little circle of real friends think, the acquaintances i don't care what they think or say. The flip side is that i'm easily deeply hurt by those i trust.

My mate on our Stilldragon forum made this picture for me yesterday. He's florida man, but always laughing at me for meeting ground in a forceful manner.

punkinlarry (resized).jpgpunkinlarry (resized).jpg

#12502 30 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm lucky in that way, i care only about what my little circle of real friends think, the acquaintances i don't care what they think or say. The flip side is that i'm easily deeply hurt by those i trust.
    My mate on our Stilldragon forum made this picture for me yesterday. He's florida man, but always laughing at me for meeting ground in a forceful manner.
    [quoted image]

So, #17 hey?

Side funny story. I was in about grade 2 or so. We were making t-shirts for our fathers o Father’s Day. Apparently I noticed all the kids were putting “Dad is #1” on their shirts which made sense for their dads. So I adjusted on the fly and made a “My Dad is #7” shirt to the confusion of my parents

#12503 29 days ago
    Quoted from Doctoroctos:

My first, and probably last confession.
    I am afraid to buy JJP Elton John in case it implies anything, even though his latest colabs with Brittney and Dua are hot fire!

I confess this post made me a lil disappointed in whomever you are.

#12504 29 days ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I confess I couldn’t care. Not sure why you would. Can’t make everyone happy.

#12505 28 days ago

I confess the most fun I ever had playing pinball was with the 4th worst SS game per the Pinside ratings: Raven. I was in my 20s (mid 1990s) and it was my first machine ... $350 was all I could afford, but it was in amazing shape and never gave me a single issue except for an occasional burned out bulb. My friends (yes even the ladies) would come over, drink some brews, play over and over, and laugh at the ridiculous backglass image. But hell it was fun.

#12506 28 days ago
    Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I confess the most fun I ever had playing pinball was with the 4th worst SS game per the Pinside ratings: Raven. I was in my 20s (mid 1990s) and it was my first machine ... $350 was all I could afford, but it was in amazing shape and never gave me a single issue except for an occasional burned out bulb. My friends (yes even the ladies) would come over, drink some brews, play over and over, and laugh at the ridiculous backglass image. But hell it was fun.

I gotsta know, where did you get the bulbs back then?

#12507 28 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Great question. I am 99% sure I just took in a sample bulb to Radio Shack and they carried those.

#12508 28 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Local distributor. Wico.

LTG : )

#12509 28 days ago
    Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Raven is a guilty pleasure game

#12510 27 days ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Mustn't have liked my response, he blocked me.

#12511 27 days ago
    Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Great story -

When i got my first game (KISS) I had to keep it at a friend's house, we set it up in his unfinished basement, bought a case of beer and played for HOURS until the beer was gone. It was surreal having a pinball machine of my own to play over and over.

#12512 26 days ago

Working on Evel Knievel(ss) at the pinball museum i reinstalled a fuse BETWEEN the clips. It SMOKED the 10 pin connector and BLEW a trace on the PCB.

Had to solder in a whole new header because i broke some of the plastic clips trying to remove the melted one and had to jump the 5th pin to F6 to repair the blown trace. Then i was finally able to get back to the original problem, which turned out to have nothing to do with the fuses or even anything in the head at all!

#12513 25 days ago

I have to confess and hope nobody I know sees this, but I installed three dolls in my new game today. I saw a mod company selling them for $38 each and thought they matched the one sculpt really well. I then noticed they were actually taken from a Disney figure set and the person pre-installed craft wire for people to mount them. I bought the figure set myself for $20 and made my own mounts. Looks really good.

It's a confession because I've made fun of people putting barbie toys and Hallmark figures in their games, but I swear this looks right.

#12514 25 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I have to confess and hope nobody I know sees this, but I installed three dolls in my new game today. I saw a mod company selling them for $38 each and thought they matched the one sculpt really well. I then noticed they were actually taken from a Disney figure set and the person pre-installed craft wire for people to mount them. I bought the figure set myself for $20 and made my own mounts. Looks really good.
    It's a confession because I've made fun of people putting barbie toys and Hallmark figures in their games, but I swear this looks right.

It's ok as long as noone sees you they say.

#12515 25 days ago

It's OK punkin, I knew you would see and used the word doll on purpose. You took too much heat for that once!

#12516 25 days ago

Johnny is going to see my confession too.

#12517 25 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

It's OK punkin, I knew you would see and used the word doll on purpose. You took too much heat for that once!

Chris Hutchins is blazing the way for us doll haters.

WeArePeopleTooPunkin

#12518 22 days ago

More of a show and tell than a confession.
    Wife lopped off about 8 inches of my greying locks. What remains still touches my shoulders. About a year since my last haircut. Glad it's gone, way over due, but wife liked my long hair, had to convince her to let me cut it. Should be so much easier to care for.
    Beard may be next.

IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpgIMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg

#12519 22 days ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

More of a show and tell than a confession.
    Wife lopped off about 8 inches of my greying locks. What remains still touches my shoulders. About a year since my last haircut. Glad it's gone, way over due, but wife liked my long hair, had to convince her to let me cut it. Should be so much easier to care for.
    Beard may be next.

[quoted image]

Get the full clean up and do the video to see if your dog barks at you and/or your kids don’t recognize ya

#12520 21 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Get the full clean up and do the video to see if your dog barks at you and/or your kids don’t recognize ya

#12521 21 days ago

Confess, I thought when I saw an ABBA hype thread it was a joke. Is there really that much demand for ABBA?

#12522 21 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Confess, I thought when I saw an ABBA hype thread it was a joke. Is there really that much demand for ABBA?

I don’t see ABBa and pinball “marrying” up very well

#12523 21 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I would not have thought so, but I still think disco sucks. All these years later.
    Other people have different opinios, and maybe it will be a great game.

#12524 21 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I hear the demand is really for a Taylor Swift pin
    and Jersey Jack is looking onto it.

#12525 21 days ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I hear the demand is really for a Taylor Swift pin
    and Jersey Jack is looking onto it.

Would not be surprised!!

#12526 21 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Could be worse. I played Labyrinth on the weekend.

#12527 20 days ago

Watched some game play on Abba. It looked ok, confess I would like to play it. However, don't think it will be sitting next to my Aliens anytime soon. My wife and daughters always like Mama Mia with music by Abba, and I have seen that enough to know most of the songs.

#12528 20 days ago

Pinball Brothers are from Europe. There are pinball players in other parts of the world besides the states. ABBA was huge on other continents besides north america.. people always say they would play a barbie theme if it shot well.. well! This might be as close as it gets for some of ya!

#12529 20 days ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Pinball Brothers are from Europe. There are pinball players in other parts of the world besides the states.

442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif

#12530 20 days ago

The total solar eclipse was awesome! It wasn’t on the bucket list….but it should have been. All have to now is see twister!

IMG_5810 (resized).jpegIMG_5810 (resized).jpegIMG_5819 (resized).jpegIMG_5819 (resized).jpegIMG_5831 (resized).jpegIMG_5831 (resized).jpegIMG_5832 (resized).jpegIMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    #12531 20 days ago

My last houseguest left this morning, i have been partying for 12 days straight.

We went for an 8 hour trip to compete in the Illawarra Masters 3 day pinball comp week before last. My first houseguest turned up Easter Monday when we got back. House has been full since and we had our annual local pinball show at The Hoey moey, one of Australia's notoriously famous pubs where my mate sites his machines last weekend with the afterparty for all contributors and friends at my place on Sunday.

I'm not 19 any more that's for sure.

RecoveryDayPunkin

#12532 20 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My last houseguest left this morning, i have been partying for 12 days straight.
    We went for an 8 hour trip to compete in the Illawarra Masters 3 day pinball comp week before last. My first houseguest turned up Easter Monday when we got back. House has been full since and we had our annual local pinball show at The Hoey moey, one of Australia's notoriously famous pubs where my mate sites his machines last weekend with the afterparty for all contributors and friends at my place on Sunday.
    I'm not 19 any more that's for sure.
    RecoveryDayPunkin

I did a FULL go of booze and pinball for four days last year at YEGpin in Edmonton, that took a few days to recover.
    I just did 8 days in FLA for a fellas golf trip. My liver didn't love that trip as much as I did.

#12533 20 days ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

All have to now is see twister!

The pinball? Not that great.
    The movie? Not that great either, but better than the pinball.

#12534 20 days ago

twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.giftwister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif

#12535 20 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I did a FULL go of booze and pinball for four days last year at YEGpin in Edmonton, that took a few days to recover.
    I just did 8 days in FLA for a fellas golf trip. My liver didn't love that trip as much as I did.

On the upside i'm playing pinball as good as i get at the moment.

Oh, and Popeye followed me home.

ff24 (resized).jpgff24 (resized).jpg

#12536 19 days ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

The total solar eclipse was awesome! It wasn’t on the bucket list….but it should have been. All have to now is see twister!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I drove 3.5 hours west to Henderson to have a better chance to see it cloud free, and the extra drive paid off. Awesome riverfront small-town vibe there too!

#12537 19 days ago

I confess I NEVER get tired of seeing the Aurora Borealis, I’m driving home in middle
    Of night as I had some work out of town at midnight. Shitty, grainy pic, but whatever.

IMG_4658 (resized).jpegIMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    #12538 15 days ago

Confess that while my wife has always lived Classic Rock (and pretty much nothing else), I’ve been into Shoegaze and Alternative Pop for about 5 years. My need to hear things that make me feel vaguely sad is strange, I guess.

#12539 15 days ago

There's a music genre called Shoegaze? Dang, I just learned about Yacht Rock a couple weeks ago.

#12540 15 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that while my wife has always lived Classic Rock (and pretty much nothing else), I’ve been into Shoegaze and Alternative Pop for about 5 years. My need to hear things that make me feel vaguely sad is strange, I guess.

You aren't doing too bad, i've been listening to Wanda Jackson and Rosie Flores sing brokenheart country and texting my ex for a week.....

#12541 15 days ago

Confess i just bought a Slaptop Cajon a few minutes ago.

Harmonica won't come naturally, so i'll see if i can magically find rhythm.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12542 15 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i just bought a Slaptop Cajon a few minutes ago.
    Harmonica won't come naturally, so i'll see if i can magically find rhythm.
    [quoted image]

#12543 15 days ago

Pretty impressive.

#12544 13 days ago

This cracked me up

#12545 12 days ago

Confess i'm binging on a youtube guy doing a travel thing and meeting people in Louisiana swamp country.

Really well made and shows off some of the best of the USA to an outsider.

Last one was a trip to Cutoff LA, this one is a stay in the swamp in a houseboat.

Top stuff.

#12546 12 days ago

I like the Bally/Midway 'Party Animal' pin...

Yes, I said it out loud!

#12547 12 days ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I like the Bally/Midway 'Party Animal' pin...
    Yes, I said it out loud!

I bought a Popeye two weeks ago.

Just can't understand the hatred for it. Beautiful shooting superpin with outrageously good art and simple rules.

The playfield is stunning and completely different. I think mine has some planking though....

#12548 11 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I bought a Popeye two weeks ago.
    Just can't understand the hatred for it. Beautiful shooting superpin with outrageously good art and simple rules.
    The playfield is stunning and completely different. I think mine has some planking though....

I played it last year at YEGpin and blew it up! I had fun on it

#12549 11 days ago

You have to really love an upper playfield.

#12550 11 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

You have to really love an upper playfield.

Better than most of em, at least it has complexish, achievable goals.

Video mode, really.

There are 12,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/251 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.