IMG_20230626_173520503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230626_173505611 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230626_173444356 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
20230523_181114 (resized).jpg
E0D26D12-A2CC-4BAA-BC29-A82B91D08AF4 (resized).jpeg
D8A6016F-FAB0-43A8-86B0-4E894991B4C9 (resized).jpeg
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 4 months ago
Quoted from PinballEurope:

Hello, I just want to say a big thank you to all the persons whom have contributed to this soundmod and a special thank you to jyeakley for sharing how to actually make this work! I am really impressed by this mod - best ever!!! And what a machine it is now - the sound is superb - WOW!!

I agree 100% this is the best mod there could ever be! Thank you for your contribution to this incredible game! Now if we could just get cpr9999 to reenter the TBL world with a new batch of doobies pinball life would be good

3 weeks later
#252 3 months ago

I just got my nib Lebowski 2 days ago!
Scoured and searched this thread looking for the easiest way to get a plug and play version of this mod. How can I get this, man?

Thanks,

Big Willy

#253 3 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Scoured and searched this thread looking for the easiest way to get a plug and play version of this mod. How can I get this, man?
Thanks,
Big Willy

PM me dude!

#254 3 months ago

I just wanted to let everyone over here know that the SSD label that I made for this mod is now available for purchase in my shop, along with a recreation of the sticker set originally produced by cpr9999.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1220-scottymods/10211-tbl-sticker-set-amp-music-mod-label

#255 3 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I just wanted to let everyone over here know that the SSD label that I made for this mod is now available for purchase in my shop, along with a recreation of the sticker set originally produced by cpr9999.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1220-scottymods/10211-tbl-sticker-set-amp-music-mod-label

Can you ship to Europe (the Netherlands)?

#256 3 months ago
Quoted from Mischa:

Can you ship to Europe (the Netherlands)?

Most likely. PM me with your address, and I'll get a quote for you.

#257 3 months ago

I have the sticker set and just ordered the alt music one!

#258 88 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

PM me. Worst case I can send you a drive that is plug and play.

im looking for the plug and play?

#259 88 days ago
Quoted from Thedudeabides77:

im looking for the plug and play?

PM me!

#260 84 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Thanks,
Big Willy

Another satisfied customer!
Note to anyone leery (in confidence) on the DIY route:
I ordered the "Plug n' Play" with a request for the DIY as well. jyeakley took care of everything from there. And when my Pn'P kit arrived, I decided : what the heck - and dove into the DIY route (knowing I had the failsafe fall-back at the ready). Outcome: Excellent instructions = same results! Oh, and for those of you on a Mac - yeah same here, EZ-Peazy!
Further... Amazon was sold out on the recommended SS HD so, I went with a similar/slightly larger (256GB) for a few $ more. The biggest challenge was ensuring I had enough space on my computer. Personally, I Recommend you have at least 150 GB free. ...the last 29% of the download took seemingly f o r e v e r. Patience. I aborted 3 times because I thought it wasn't gonna finish. Finally I just said, "let it go on it's own". Now I'm flipping away to the genuine tunes of the TBL!

An awesome mod at the most Exceptional Value of our times!

Cheers!
Big Willy

#261 84 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Another satisfied customer!
Note to anyone leery (in confidence) on the DIY route:
I ordered the "Plug n' Play" with a request for the DIY as well. jyeakley took care of everything from there. And when my Pn'P kit arrived, I decided : what the heck - and dove into the DIY route (knowing I had the failsafe fall-back at the ready). Outcome: Excellent instructions = same results! Oh, and for those of you on a Mac - yeah same here, EZ-Peazy!
Further... Amazon was sold out on the recommended SS HD so, I went with a similar/slightly larger (256GB) for a few $ more. The biggest challenge was ensuring I had enough space on my computer. Personally, I Recommend you have at least 150 GB free. ...the last 29% of the download took seemingly f o r e v e r. Patience. I aborted 3 times because I thought it wasn't gonna finish. Finally I just said, "let it go on it's own". Now I'm flipping away to the genuine tunes of the TBL!
An awesome mod at the most Exceptional Value of our times!
Cheers!
Big Willy

Yep, there's no doubt about it. This is literally a game-changer!

#262 84 days ago

I have been playing it now for a month and love it! Does the music cycle through a different playlist after every power up? It would be cool if it cycled every game. I don’t know if that is a setting or baked into the cake but sometimes I just wanna kick Kenny Roger’s in the teeth lol. Game is brutalizing me enough without his soft lyrics. Cheers

#263 84 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I have been playing it now for a month and love it! Does the music cycle through a different playlist after every power up? It would be cool if it cycled every game. I don’t know if that is a setting or baked into the cake but sometimes I just wanna kick Kenny Roger’s in the teeth lol. Game is brutalizing me enough without his soft lyrics. Cheers

Every power cycle. Can’t do it on every game due to the way the tracks are loaded into memory on power up.

Use the music config and exclude Kenny from the rotation if it drive you nuts!!

#264 84 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Use the music config and exclude Kenny from the rotation if it drive you nuts!!

How is this accomplished?

Thanks.

#265 84 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

How is this accomplished?
Thanks.

Here is an example of the music config:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4rrxktyv350lfp/master_music.config?dl=0

If you place the music config (customize to your likings) on a FAT32 (this is key) formatted USB drive and restart TBL, it will pick up the changes!

#266 84 days ago

I've read every post 265 from 6 pages. I'm so excited to get my TBL in about 4-6 weeks. I too would be interested in this upgrade.

Thanks again to all who made it possible.

Kerry

#267 84 days ago

anyone have some cool custom songs theyve loaded theyd want to share?

#268 84 days ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I've read every post 265 from 6 pages. I'm so excited to get my TBL in about 4-6 weeks. I too would be interested in this upgrade.
Thanks again to all who made it possible.
Kerry

Congrats on your imminent TBL acquisition Kerry! You should get some practice games in at Big Willy's while you're watin'.

Will

1 week later
#269 77 days ago

I’ve sent a PM. Definitely want this

#270 76 days ago

Has anyone received this recently? How is it installed?

#271 70 days ago

A big THANK YOU from me to Justin and others involved in this sound mod. After PM help from Justin, and the image download link of course, I installed this last night. Lovely to hear the actual, full length songs- so immersive now.

In case helpful for international (ex-US) folks, and UK in particular, as this isn't shipped 'built' internationally so is a DIY mod, FYI that I bought these:

Lexar NQ100 2.5” SATA III (6Gb/s) 480GB SSD, Up to 550MB/s Read Solid State Drive, Internal SSD for Laptop, Desktop Computer/PC (LNQ100X480G-RNNNG), Grey
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BJKT4JT2

BENFEI SATA to USB Cable, BENFEI USB 3.0 to SATA III Hard Driver Adapter Compatible for 2.5 inch HDD and SSD
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F7WDZGT

For burning the image, Win32diskimager did NOT work (presumably as it's intended for Windows mostly), but Etcher did fine. Just need to follow Justin's instructions

1 week later
#272 58 days ago

Anyone here in France or close by that can ship a pinsider a drive? PM please!

#273 57 days ago

anyone run into this problem when plugging in the alt SSD? I'm curious if it's the fact that I'm using a 120GB SSD, when the image file was just over that, but it still 'acted' like it etched/mirrored it just fine..

IMG_2074 (resized).jpegIMG_2074 (resized).jpeg
#274 57 days ago

120GB should work fine and is typically what I use when they aren’t sold out.

Most likely an issue with the imaging. Did you use Balena Etcher and ensure that the verify ran successfully as well?

#275 57 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

120GB should work fine and is typically what I use when they aren’t sold out.
Most likely an issue with the imaging. Did you use Balena Etcher and ensure that the verify ran successfully as well?

yes, I'm using Belena Etcher..All I did was let it do it's complete thing (letting it verify itself as well). Then the drive dissapeared as it should..I'm re imaging it right now..thanks for the info I'll keep ya posted

1 week later
#276 45 days ago

Hi. Here Martin from Argentina. Could you please send me this? I need only update my software or I need some extra board? Best regards

1 week later
#277 38 days ago

I was hoping to add some custom songs to this. I'm thinking Sunny Afternoon by the Kinks and Magic Carpet Ride.

Anyone have advice on where (what mode etc), and how?

#278 37 days ago

Just got our NIB TBL today and installed the sound/music mod on first boot up. OMG the music is amazing and really adds so much to the theme immersion. Amazing work and can't recommend this mod enough (plug N play def worth it!)

#279 37 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Just got our NIB TBL today and installed the sound/music mod on first boot up. OMG the music is amazing and really adds so much to the theme immersion. Amazing work and can't recommend this mod enough (plug N play def worth it!)

The sound mix is really badass. My (seriously) only gripe is Kenny Rogers is on more than one variation (even though I like the song). These guys knocked it out of the park otherwise. Very impressed.

#280 36 days ago

This could be a stupid question….but still….I will ask it…
I burned the img to a SSD drive, no problem, but is it correct I can not see the content (on a mac, or on a windows PC)….?

#281 35 days ago
Quoted from JvdS:

I burned the img to a SSD drive, no problem, but is it correct I can not see the content (on a mac, or on a windows PC)….?

Correct. The OS is Arch Linux, so you cannot see anything when you connect the drive to a Mac or PC.

#282 35 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

The sound mix is really badass. My (seriously) only gripe is Kenny Rogers is on more than one variation (even though I like the song). These guys knocked it out of the park otherwise. Very impressed.

I don’t have my game yet but I think you can “rem” out any song you don’t like correct? You do this to the code or bat file on USB stick.

#283 35 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I don’t have my game yet but I think you can “rem” out any song you don’t like correct? You do this to the code or bat file on USB stick.

yes and i just learned how to add custom songs. ill share with the group when done tomorrow!

#284 35 days ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Quoted from jyeakley:

Correct. The OS is Arch Linux, so you cannot see anything when you connect the drive to a Mac or PC.

To "use" my Windows PC, I originally went the route of creating a bootable Ubuntu USB. However, I found that cumbersome especially b/c I need as many USB ports available as possible (i.e. at least one for the TBL SSD and another for a USB stick to transfer files to/from), and both booting from the USB then booting back to Windows each time can take a while. Nowadays I run Arch Linux via an Oracle VM VirtualBox. I recommend the VM route if your PC has enough RAM. There can be some technical challenges either way to get everything set up and fully working but there are plenty of step by step + troubleshooting guides out there.

#285 34 days ago

#286 34 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

yes and i just learned how to add custom songs. ill share with the group when done tomorrow!

any update on the procedure to add or replace a song or two yet? I'll admit, Im a tad fuzzy on the the USB stick relationship with loading or changing settings, or even how the usb stick works in general.

#287 34 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

any update on the procedure to add or replace a song or two yet? I'll admit, Im a tad fuzzy on the the USB stick relationship with loading or changing settings, or even how the usb stick works in general.

So when j is back i'm going to connect with him and share what i've done (and timlah97 helped me with), and maybe do more!

Here's what you should know:
1. You need to have an INTRO and a LOOP for each song
2. INTRO is the first X seconds of a song, specific to the stock songs. So if you want to replace Oye Como Va, you need to know how long that intro is, and if it's 36sec, your custom needs to have an intro of 36sec
3. LOOP is the rest of the song and can be whatever length. The tricky part. You want the loop to start at a beat drop, basically, so that way the game can LOOP it (lol). That also means you should try to have the song end on a downbeat.
4. I found I wanted to do a song for Running Through, for example, but felt it would work better elsewhere based on the "intro" and "loop" as I heard it
5. Once you've gotten your songs, you need to normalize the audio so it plays the same volume. This part is hard!
6. You then can copy your songs to the USB stick root.
7. You have it load a custom song for each section in the .config file by specifying the songname.wav for intro and the songname.wav for loop. so i did magiccarpet_loop.wav and magiccarpet_intro.wav.
8. To test, I excluded all other songs so it could only play my custom.

My hope is that since my choices were what The Dude would want, they may fit well with the work the guys did before and will become stock. I have 3 more songs I'd like to include: 1-2 doors and Spooky by Atlantic Rhythm Section.

I also want to switch up the song for during Donnie's Rug Mode. Seems too upbeat for the mode. Like Freebird.

#288 33 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

8. To test, I excluded all other songs so it could only play my custom.

If you update the config to specify a custom song then that should disable randomizing for that particular song and will only play the custom one. At least that is what the script is supposed to do, I don't know if I completely tested it for every song/callout.

#289 33 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

The image will work just fine without a USB stick plugged in and randomize timlah's and jyeakley's default music and callouts.

If you put the master_music.config file on a FAT32 formatted USB stick and plug it in at startup then the script on the image will detect the USB, read the config, and make the changes you specify, including using any custom songs you also put on the USB. I think I gave some examples earlier in the thread, but if you want to do something specific I can tell you exactly what needs to be in the config file.

#290 33 days ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

The image will work just fine without a USB stick plugged in and randomize timlah's and jyeakley's default music and callouts.
If you put the master_music.config file on a FAT32 formatted USB stick and plug it in at startup then the script on the image will detect the USB, read the config, and make the changes you specify, including using any custom songs you also put on the USB. I think I gave some examples earlier in the thread, but if you want to do something specific I can tell you exactly what needs to be in the config file.

Awesome, thank you. I really only would like 2 specific changes; #1 would be to randomize the soundtracks on the SSD everytime a new game is started while still powered (vs turning off machine to get another version). And #2 would only mod Kenny Rogers to only one variation, and use a different song on the other variant that has it.

#291 33 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Awesome, thank you. I really only would like 2 specific changes; #1 would be to randomize the soundtracks on the SSD everytime a new game is started while still powered (vs turning off machine to get another version). And #2 would only mod Kenny Rogers to only one variation, and use a different song on the other variant that has it.

It's already been explained why #1 cannot be done. The audio assets are loaded into memory at boot, so you can randomize it at startup but not again until the machine is restarted.

#292 32 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

For #2 you can use a custom song or have it randomize while excluding one or more of the custom image's default songs, but not both at the same time. That's just a limitation of the script in its current form. To do that you would need to replace the song files on the SSD.

To exclude song #7 (The Gambler - alternate loop) for Oye Como Va you would update the master_music.config on the USB to have this in it:

#===========================
# Oye Como Va
#===========================
#
# 1. Man in Me
# 2. Oye Como Va (timlah79)
# 3. The Gambler (jyeakley loop v1)
# 4. Gimme Shelter
# 5. Ring of Fire
# 6. Sultans of Swing
# 7. The Gambler (timlah79 alternate loop)
#
#OYE_COMO_VA_INTRO=
#OYE_COMO_VA_LOOP=
#OYE_COMO_VA_SKILLSHOT=
OYE_COMO_VA_EXCLUDE=7

To use a custom song for it, put your into and loop files on the USB and update the config to match your custom song names (this will override randomizing and only play your custom song):

OYE_COMO_VA_INTRO=kh_oye_como_va_intro.wav
OYE_COMO_VA_LOOP=kh_oye_como_va_loop.wav
#OYE_COMO_VA_SKILLSHOT=
#OYE_COMO_VA_EXCLUDE=

And you can force it to not randomize and only play The Man in Me by doing this:

#OYE_COMO_VA_INTRO=
#OYE_COMO_VA_LOOP=
#OYE_COMO_VA_SKILLSHOT=
OYE_COMO_VA_EXCLUDE=2,3,4,5,6,7

#293 30 days ago

i just added freebird for donnie’s rug mode. def fits really well.

ill try to connect w everyone tomorrow

#294 24 days ago

Upgraded to 1.13 today without issue. No impact to the sound mod!

#295 24 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Can also confirm working on V1.13

#296 24 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Can you please remind me how to update code? Is it through wifi or do I download it and upgrade via USB?

#297 24 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Can you please remind me how to update code? Is it through wifi or do I download it and upgrade via USB?

See page 18 of the service FAQ:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/support/Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf#page18

#298 23 days ago

Just installed. Fookin awesome mod. If you have TbL but not this mod, that’s a bummer, man.

The randomizing of music and callouts on boot up is really fantastic. This is something the major manufacturers should be doing on all their games. It ads another level of surprise and really helps keep things fresh. Tiring of the audio is a major issue in home games that you play 100s of times. Kudos to Justin and the others helping out.

#299 22 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Just installed. Fookin awesome mod. If you have TbL but not this mod, that’s a bummer, man.
The randomizing of music and callouts on boot up is really fantastic. This is something the major manufacturers should be doing on all their games. It ads another level of surprise and really helps keep things fresh. Tiring of the audio is a major issue in home games that you play 100s of times. Kudos to Justin and the others helping out.

I can’t wait to I install it when I get my game - lol Music assets are some of the more expensive things to acquire for a license so I get it. Some songs can cost $30k-$60k.

#300 19 days ago

Would the dude listen to La Grange from ZZ top?

I kinda think he’d dig it. Maybe it’s too heavy of a rock song for him…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-sound-mod/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.