20240518_133201 (resized).jpg
20240518_133152 (resized).jpg
IMG_0900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0899 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1913 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,468 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 150.
#7351 21 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Just FYI in case anyone else has been waiting a while for their starry apron (mid January for me), I spoke with Melissa at cointaker at Allentown and she said hopefully very soon. We shall see…

I have been, I was just there last week to pick up an Alien ERV, ( best value in pinball today ) hoping to get my apron at the same time, but no go. I'm pretty sure they trickle in. You see on here every once in a while someone gets theirs. Melissa is a hoot to talk with...you think she's nice on the phone? She said its coming and I have no reason to doubt her. I think Rens said some were getting ready, some were ready and some sent.

#7352 21 days ago

In the upcoming shipment to CT this week a lot of aprons are included. Thus hopefully you should your’s soon

#7353 21 days ago

We've had our TBL for about a month or so now ...
We ABSOLUTELY LOVE this pin!!!

I read all the hype for EJ, (and I wouldn't mind getting one someday,) but when they keep saying it's the GOAT pin, I just think to myself, they must have never played a tricked-out, dialed-in TBL. The call-outs and video assets crush EJ, and the upgraded music package makes it even sweeter.

Of course, I don't say anything, it's their thread .. and we all know what anyone could say anyway ...

“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

#7354 21 days ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I read all the hype for EJ, (and I wouldn't mind getting one someday,) but when they keep saying it's the GOAT pin, I just think to myself, they must have never played a tricked-out, dialed-in TBL. The call-outs and video assets crush EJ, and the upgraded music package makes it even sweeter.
Of course, I don't say anything, it's their thread .. and we all know what anyone could say anyway ...

I couldn't agree more. I used to live in Elmira, I miss Doug's.

#7355 21 days ago

It’s still my #1 pin of the 24 we have, and it’s been over two months. Honeymoon phase maybe, but maybe not. Got a Ghostbusters Premium a month back and it’s also very fun. But it’s flipper gap always brings me to TBL. Congratulations on your purchase!!!

#7356 21 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

It’s still my #1 pin of the 24 we have, and it’s been over two months. Honeymoon phase maybe, but maybe not. Got a Ghostbusters Premium a month back and it’s also very fun. But it’s flipper gap always brings me to TBL. Congratulations on your purchase!!!

i think an EJ-TBL collection would be the GOAT!

#7357 21 days ago

Are the Starry side blades still supposed to happen?

#7358 21 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Are the Starry side blades still supposed to happen?

I ordered these last month and received within a week.
https://cointaker.com/products/the-big-lebowski-game-blades

rs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpegrs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpeg
#7359 21 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Just installed these and they look super with the starry apron!

#7360 20 days ago

Hey all - I want to replace the dude ramp stand ups with some reinforced ones. Are there any specific part numbers I should look for to ensure they are compatible?

#7361 20 days ago

Thanks for your kind words, us at DP do really appreciate it. Making pinballs is really hard but reactions like this make it all worth it !!

#7362 19 days ago

I bought this speaker light set quite some time ago and don’t know where to hook up or how to install. It’s CPR99 set. Any guidance would be appreciated.

IMG_7114 (resized).jpegIMG_7114 (resized).jpeg
#7363 19 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Add the carrot flippers! Its a new game!

#7364 19 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

https://cointaker.com/products/the-big-lebowski-game-blades[quoted image]

I'm referring to the lit starry blades that DP was supposed to be making to go with the starry apron.

#7365 19 days ago

Instillation for speaker lights:

#7366 19 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In the upcoming shipment to CT this week a lot of aprons are included. Thus hopefully you should your’s soon

Filled with starry aprons and packed to go with upcoming CT shipment .

Due to National holiday tomorrow and a lot of people making the bridge to the weekend shipment will be next week, not this week as I first thought. Sorry for my mistake.

IMG_2234 (resized).jpegIMG_2234 (resized).jpeg
#7367 19 days ago

Hey all!
Prospective TBL owner here

I was curious to know how latest (and final?) production run of TBL this year differs from prior builds? I see some impressions on improved/learned build quality since the first run. Has that been consistent as new owners get newer builds?

Any general 'good to knows' for someone determining between a new TBL build vs an older, used one?

Appreciate the insight!

#7368 19 days ago
Quoted from PlayerPiano:

Hey all!
Prospective TBL owner here
I was curious to know how latest (and final?) production run of TBL this year differs from prior builds? I see some impressions on improved/learned build quality since the first run. Has that been consistent as new owners get newer builds?
Any general 'good to knows' for someone determining between a new TBL build vs an older, used one?
Appreciate the insight!

Hope someone can tell
I like to know also

Perhaps Rens can put some info on this

#7369 18 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I'm referring to the lit starry blades that DP was supposed to be making to go with the starry apron.

These?
Maybe these would be made by Pingraffix since they make Powerbladez? No sign of them on pg's website.
For the record - and possibly a factor in the availability issue: Powerbladez are noisy AF. I have a set on my GZ and they look badass. You don't really hear them during gameplay but, when idle they're worse than the stock Stern fan. Have them on my MMRLE too, and keep them unplugged unless we're having friends over and the pins will see constant play.
PinMonk best explained the phenomenal so, I won't attempt to do it here.
That said, I would totally buy them for my TBL!
#AnimatedArtBlades #Rumorware #Teased #LookingButNotFinding

TBL Animated Art Blades.gifTBL Animated Art Blades.gif
#7370 18 days ago

We were holding out for those blades as well. Didnt they get announced as a future option from Dutch ?

#7371 18 days ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

We were holding out for those blades as well. Didnt they get announced as a future option from Dutch ?

I have heard that development is on hold as they focus on their upcoming game and these may be revisited in the future. Bummer for sure as I just put a giant scratch on a mirror blade.

#7372 18 days ago

I want those blades!

#7373 18 days ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

I want those blades!

Me too!

#7374 18 days ago

All set on the gifts.

Unfortunately two folks got their names in but i didnt have enough:

Jeffrey I
Laurence L

If you PM me i may have something i can send your way.

#7375 18 days ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

I want those blades!

And the topper!

#7376 18 days ago

What was the factory topper supposed to looke like?

#7377 18 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

What was the factory topper supposed to looke like?

Only a blurry pic was shared. Lior was supposed to be working on a few mods for TBL, but seemingly has disappeared (after the toilet). Hope all is well with him.

#7378 18 days ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Only a blurry pic was shared. Lior was supposed to be working on a few mods for TBL, but seemingly has disappeared (after the toilet). Hope all is well with him.

With the war going on in Israel, I'm sure there are other more pressing issues at the moment.

#7379 18 days ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

He is cranking out Alien toppers right now.

#7380 18 days ago

Anyone know where I can get mirror blades for TBL in the states? Looks like Freddy’s has them overseas, however I can’t seem to login and create an account

#7381 17 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Anyone know where I can get mirror blades for TBL in the states? Looks like Freddy’s has them overseas, however I can’t seem to login and create an account

I have a set, unopened that I'll sell for what I bought from Cointaker. Shoot me a PM.

#7382 16 days ago

Does anyone have a quick fix/trouble shooting advice for the playfield VUK opto not responding/registering all the time and sending the game into ball search. This is in regards to the mystery, extra ball scoop on the main playfield.

Thanks

#7383 16 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:Does anyone have a quick fix/trouble shooting advice for the playfield VUK opto not responding/registering all the time and sending the game into ball search. This is in regards to the mystery, extra ball scoop on the main playfield.
Thanks

Do you have the optoscoop or mechanical switch version? If latter I think adjustment is needed. If it’s an optoscoop there is no adjustment possible but check if the opto is properly mounted and not has come loose.

#7384 16 days ago

Then the question new versus older TBL. I get this asked more but difficult to answer. Just imagine me stating it’s fine and it breaks after 1 week of ownership . Who than to blame?

Think it’s like with any other product, used has a higher chance to break down as new and there is likely no warranty. That’s also why used is cheaper as new if new is readily available. Just common sense.

Anyway, reliability wise I don’t see much difference between the older and newer ones. I don’t see for instance relative more service requests from 3 yr old machines as 6 months old ones. Majority is in the first three months of ownership. Dialing in switches etc. Rug, car and bowling rarely have issues other than switches needing dialing in. Just make sure you are always running latest software, at the moment of typing this it’s rel 113.

What are major differences old versus new to consider? I can think off:

1) stepper motor cardoor changed from bottom main playfield to bottom MPf. Is not for reliability an issue, just makes it easier to take out MPF if needed. Can be retrofitted
2) sn 950+ power distribution board was added. This makes the need to sometimes jumper the Pc zero. Can be retrofitted
3) start 2023 artwork was withdrawn from under starposts.
4) sn 910+ optoscoop was added but that was just to make adjustment of that switch easier. Old design worked fine with a dialed in switch
5) sn 700+ so-called BA limiters were added to prevent breaking bowling pins. Also a new more industrial USB cable was used and a dot of hot glue was added to prevent usb coming loose. Can both be retrofitted
6) and ofcourse I wasn’t there at the beginning so if there was a support issue it took longer and is thus remembered more. But, pls remember this is sofar a hobby which went totally out of control (just ask my wife …), I do also have a ‘real’ day job. Trying my best but am human as we all are. .

And yes, for sure I am forgetting something.

So, wouldn’t really worry to much about buying an older unit. Just do some proper test plays, test all mech’s, visually check the machine like check for broken plastics or whatever and determine what you see as a fair price. In fact, the same as with any other pinball machine I think. Nothing strange here just because it’s a TBL.

#7385 16 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Do you have the optoscoop or mechanical switch version? If latter I think adjustment is needed. If it’s an optoscoop there is no adjustment possible but check if the opto is properly mounted and not has come loose.

Brand new and it is the optoscoop.

#7386 16 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

2) sn 950+ power distribution board was added. This makes the need to sometimes jumper the Pc zero. Can be retrofitted

What is the price of the power distribution board? Mine needs a jumper to boot up every 25 games or so.

#7387 15 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

All set on the gifts.
Unfortunately two folks got their names in but i didnt have enough:
Jeffrey I
Laurence L
If you PM me i may have something i can send your way.

Missed out also. Can you share a pic?

#7388 15 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

What is the price of the power distribution board? Mine needs a jumper to boot up every 25 games or so.

Incl post shipping it’s eur 210. It’s not just a board, it’s also a new Psu and cabling.

#7389 15 days ago

My serial # is 620. What are the latest serial #'s? Is TBL still in production? I'm just wondering how many got built and what the expected production run will be.

I love my TBL! Thanks, mk

#7390 14 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Then the question new versus older TBL. I get this asked more but difficult to answer. Just imagine me stating it’s fine and it breaks after 1 week of ownership . Who than to blame?
Think it’s like with any other product, used has a higher chance to break down as new and there is likely no warranty. That’s also why used is cheaper as new if new is readily available. Just common sense.
Anyway, reliability wise I don’t see much difference between the older and newer ones. I don’t see for instance relative more service requests from 3 yr old machines as 6 months old ones. Majority is in the first three months of ownership. Dialing in switches etc. Rug, car and bowling rarely have issues other than switches needing dialing in. Just make sure you are always running latest software, at the moment of typing this it’s rel 113.
What are major differences old versus new to consider? I can think off:
1) stepper motor cardoor changed from bottom main playfield to bottom MPf. Is not for reliability an issue, just makes it easier to take out MPF if needed. Can be retrofitted
3) start 2023 artwork was withdrawn from under starposts.
4) sn 910+ optoscoop was added but that was just to make adjustment of that switch easier. Old design worked fine with a dialed in switch
5) sn 700+ so-called BA limiters were added to prevent breaking bowling pins. Also a new more industrial USB cable was used and a dot of hot glue was added to prevent usb coming loose. Can both be retrofitted
6) and ofcourse I wasn’t there at the beginning so if there was a support issue it took longer and is thus remembered more. But, pls remember this is sofar a hobby which went totally out of control (just ask my wife …), I do also have a ‘real’ day job. Trying my best but am human as we all are. .
And yes, for sure I am forgetting something.
So, wouldn’t really worry to much about buying an older unit. Just do some proper test plays, test all mech’s, visually check the machine like check for broken plastics or whatever and determine what you see as a fair price. In fact, the same as with any other pinball machine I think. Nothing strange here just because it’s a TBL.

Thank you - really insightful and appreciate the level of detail provided!

#7391 14 days ago

Just received my keychain from Neil (TheBananaPeel69).

Thanks again for these!

#7392 13 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Just received my keychain from Neil (TheBananaPeel69).
Thanks again for these!

I also just received my keychain from Neil, really appreciate it!

#7395 12 days ago

Topper 2.0
I all but abandoned this project until a couple of weeks ago, and then I got sucked back into the redesign. FWIW, perfect is the enemy of done. And, this is where it ended up...
Gold Crown: Maude
Blue B: Donny
Orange O: Dude
Purple W: Jesus
Green L: Walter
It's nowhere near the quality and craftsmanship of what TEPP has created. But, it's a nice, relatively decent value alternative.
Photos seem to wash out the colors - in reality they're crisp and bright. The bowling pin's prominent color is white...

20240515_122623 (resized).jpg20240515_122623 (resized).jpg20240515_122641 (resized).jpg20240515_122641 (resized).jpg20240515_122714 (resized).jpg20240515_122714 (resized).jpg20240515_122726 (resized).jpg20240515_122726 (resized).jpg
#7397 12 days ago

I think it does too, and i'm hard to please with 'mods'.

Well done.

#7398 12 days ago

Thanks for the keychain TheBananaPeel69 ! I could read “Pendejo” before I opened the letter and was like “who the f did I piss off in NY?!”

#7399 12 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Topper 2.0
I all but abandoned this project until a couple of weeks ago, and then I got sucked back into the redesign. FWIW, perfect is the enemy of done. And, this is where it ended up...
Gold Crown: Maude
Blue B: Donny
Orange O: Dude
Purple W: Jesus
Green L: Walter
It's nowhere near the quality and craftsmanship of what TEPP has created. But, it's a nice, relatively decent value alternative.
Photos seem to wash out the colors - in reality they're crisp and bright. The bowling pin's prominent color is white...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Man, that really ties the room together!

#7400 12 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Hey Man, that really ties the room together!

It definitely ties Lebowski's corner together, that's for sure
...Now I just need to get off my @ss and get those black starry art blades installed

Screenshot_20240515_145250_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240515_145250_Gallery (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Monmouth, OR
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 7,468 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.