IMG_5917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5918 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9312 (resized).JPG
IMG_9316 (resized).JPG
IMG_9073 (Bearbeitet) (resized).JPG
IMG_2961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1895 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 147.
#7101 43 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

it stinks 2 cant fit side by side. i was considering cutting one to allow for it and align with the aesthetic of the cut ball holder

yes they can, if you use some elbow grease (if this is what you mean)..I used aluminum tape (looped) to place them..otherwise that 3rd ball gets hit and goes into the trough..don't ask me how I know that these are from the keychain sets, so maybe these are a tad smaller?

IMG_2193 (resized).jpegIMG_2193 (resized).jpeg

#7102 42 days ago

Thanks Scotty_K stickers are quality. Really nice job Dude

#7103 42 days ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Thanks Scotty_K stickers are quality. Really nice job Dude

Thanks, Andrew; so glad that you like them.

And THANK YOU (!!) for the TBL and Alien launch buttons! They definitely take both pins to the next level.

#7104 39 days ago

I’ve noticed lately that my TBL flashes at the power switch and makes a popping sound like a fuse blows when I turn it on. It seems to work fine but I’m a bit worried.

It’s like a capacitor firing on photographic studio flash - it goes POP!

Added 33 days ago:

No problem
Got confused by gi flash and loud switch

#7105 38 days ago

hi all! Just opened our NIB TBL and have to say I am beyond impressed and truly blown away!
couple quick questions. When locking ball behind left ramp it is getting stuck and not dropping into subway unless I shimmy machine back and forth. Anyone else have this? Maybe it needs to be more pitched? What pitch are you all at?
Right flipper is sticking sometimes and I have never used or serviced these electronic flippers…any advice what to check?
Thanks!

#7106 38 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

hi all! Just opened our NIB TBL and have to say I am beyond impressed and truly blown away!
couple quick questions. When locking ball behind left ramp it is getting stuck and not dropping into subway unless I shimmy machine back and forth. Anyone else have this? Maybe it needs to be more pitched? What pitch are you all at?
Right flipper is sticking sometimes and I have never used or serviced these electronic flippers…any advice what to check?
Thanks!

I had this happen, in the same area, and I'm pretty sure it's the same locking mech..well, mine was getting stuck at that rear gate, and that's when I placed The Dude ornament on that very gate; it somehow pushed it down a tad, so I just forced it up a tad, and no stucky anymore..so if it's at that rear gate? all you have to do it pull up on it a tiny bit, and it won't hang anymore..just be careful not to break anything But maybe it's a diff. area..maybe take a pic of where it's getting stuck..GL.

#7107 38 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Right flipper is sticking sometimes and I have never used or serviced these electronic flippers

My right flipper is also “sticky”. If you hold it up for more than a few seconds it stays up until you push the left flipper button then it falls. Seems to get worse the longer I play. I thought it was an adjustment on the opto but sadly not.

#7108 38 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

My right flipper is also “sticky”. If you hold it up for more than a few seconds it stays up until you push the left flipper button then it falls. Seems to get worse the longer I play. I thought it was an adjustment on the opto but sadly not.

yeah same issue. i have serviced lots of traditional flippers but never one of these.

#7109 38 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I had this happen, in the same area, and I'm pretty sure it's the same locking mech..well, mine was getting stuck at that rear gate, and that's when I placed The Dude ornament on that very gate; it somehow pushed it down a tad, so I just forced it up a tad, and no stucky anymore..so if it's at that rear gate? all you have to do it pull up on it a tiny bit, and it won't hang anymore..just be careful not to break anything But maybe it's a diff. area..maybe take a pic of where it's getting stuck..GL.

Thanks! its not the gate. the ball goes thru the backboard and then just sits back there and doesnt drop down into the subway

#7110 38 days ago

Flipper issues pls see service faq page 276

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

Usually the vertical tolerance is to tight or a magnetic coilstop is the cause.

#7112 37 days ago

you are right! Ultimate BADDASSERY!! Can't wait for mine Davey!!!

#7113 37 days ago

So I am of the opinion that 99/100 “mods” are just junk that people glue to their game which often blocks view of shots or ramps and never look as good as the person who buys it thinks it looks.

This is one of those rare exceptions. Wow. I’m impressed and I bet the video doesn’t even do it justice.

#7116 37 days ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

So I am of the opinion that 99/100 “mods” are just junk that people glue to their game which often blocks view of shots or ramps and never look as good as the person who buys it thinks it looks.
This is one of those rare exceptions. Wow. I’m impressed and I bet the video doesn’t even do it justice.

Thanks so much! That's the perfect compliment. And you're right - I'm STILL struggling to shoot LEDs correctly, it's really difficult not to bleach everything out. Night time, day time, shutter speed, different cameras... I still haven't nailed it.

#7117 35 days ago

Ordered 10-19-2014
Arrived 3-22-2024
This game is amazing and plays flawlessly right out of the box! So happy to finally have The Big Lebowski in my collection! Thank you Dutch Pinball for keeping this dream theme for me alive! Also, Melissa at Cointaker got me an Early Achiever game when it looked like my opportunity had passed. Really looking forward to what’s coming next! Thanks again to everyone at Dutch Pinball!

IMG_7069 (resized).pngIMG_7069 (resized).png
#7118 35 days ago

Actually getting your "Early Achiever" pin should be a Pinside achievement.

#7119 35 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Ordered 10-19-2014
Arrived 3-22-2024
This game is amazing and plays flawlessly right out of the box! So happy to finally have The Big Lebowski in my collection! Thank you Dutch Pinball for keeping this dream theme for me alive! Also, Melissa at Cointaker got me an Early Achiever game when it looked like my opportunity had passed. Really looking forward to what’s coming next! Thanks again to everyone at Dutch Pinball!
[quoted image]

Congratulations! You are a patient, handsome man. Forgive me for being out of the know, but what makes an early achiever edition? With so many people ordering long after you and getting their games long before, I have to know what was worth waiting for… and why they did so many other games before getting to yours. That is a bonkers wait time!

Glad you kept the faith and got your reward!

#7120 34 days ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Congratulations! You are a patient, handsome man. Forgive me for being out of the know, but what makes an early achiever edition? With so many people ordering long after you and getting their games long before, I have to know what was worth waiting for… and why they did so many other games before getting to yours. That is a bonkers wait time!
Glad you kept the faith and got your reward!

Just a tid bit. DP needed the money from the new orders to fulfill the EA orders. As the money came in, the EA's went out.

#7121 33 days ago

Thanks to WillM and his cool matchbook and scoresheet, I’ve made a little custom set of my own! I made MGD, Miller Lite, Kahlua and Meichtry Draft (the Dude’s road beer) bottles and Hollywood Lanes coasters. I also made up some stickers for a couple of pins. Kind of a pain in the ass and a decent amount of arts and crafts time. The ashtray and cigs are really the star of the bunch and you can get those on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/1661553068/. I couldn’t find any of the bottles that I made anywhere.

If I put together some sets of what I made, would people be interested in buying? I’m thinking about $45 shipped in the US for everything in the 1st picture. If you already have the awesome Donny Light, I’ll throw in free “Donny Dust”! (A cotton ball cut in half and teased out).

Thoughts?

54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg5B7EA236-3D6B-4ADA-932E-A8EBDA337DB1 (resized).jpeg5B7EA236-3D6B-4ADA-932E-A8EBDA337DB1 (resized).jpegA514E3D7-CA87-4DE2-A7E5-06BE95DF4861 (resized).jpegA514E3D7-CA87-4DE2-A7E5-06BE95DF4861 (resized).jpegFE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpegFE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg306EEAE0-3153-4EED-ACCB-6415364DB7C9 (resized).jpeg306EEAE0-3153-4EED-ACCB-6415364DB7C9 (resized).jpeg7DD7E705-5FCC-4FAE-88B3-4221D3BA5677 (resized).jpeg7DD7E705-5FCC-4FAE-88B3-4221D3BA5677 (resized).jpeg
#7122 33 days ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Thanks to WillM and his cool matchbook and scoresheet, I’ve made a little custom set of my own! I made MGD, Miller Lite, Kahlua and Meichtry Draft (the Dude’s road beer) bottles and Hollywood Lanes coasters. I also made up some stickers for a couple of pins. Kind of a pain in the ass and a decent amount of arts and crafts time. The ashtray and cigs are really the star of the bunch and you can get those on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/1661553068/. I couldn’t find any of the bottles that I made anywhere.
If I put together some sets of what I made, would people be interested in buying? I’m thinking about $45 shipped in the US for everything in the 1st picture. If you already have the awesome Donny Light, I’ll throw in free “Donny Dust”! (A cotton ball cut in half and teased out).
Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great package! Nice touch / idea on the HSL coaster
Props to you and KING-HENRY on the Donny dust. Maybe someone way smarter than me can figure out how to get a stand-alone Folg, er, I mean Donny Can & dust to light up only during "Goodnight Sweet Prince".
I already tried a mini fog machine. No need to ask me how that went

#7123 33 days ago

While I’m here… if anyone was worried about marking up the bowing alley with a black pearl pinball, fear not! I’ve got hundreds of rolls down mine and not a mark. Completely unnecessary, but that silver ball on the alley just didn’t seem right . Hole punched some stickers/holes and put a clear coat over them, good to go!

4731D732-09B0-492F-A936-4E0044A3E717 (resized).jpeg4731D732-09B0-492F-A936-4E0044A3E717 (resized).jpegFF75D4C5-8725-4EFB-8693-B2C6FF5A2DED (resized).jpegFF75D4C5-8725-4EFB-8693-B2C6FF5A2DED (resized).jpeg
#7124 33 days ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

While I’m here… if anyone was worried about marking up the bowing alley with a black pearl pinball, fear not! I’ve got hundreds of rolls down mine and not a mark. Completely unnecessary, but that silver ball on the alley just didn’t seem right . Hole punched some stickers/holes and put a clear coat over them, good to go!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where'd you get the black Pinballs?

#7126 33 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Flipper issues pls see service faq page 276
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php
Usually the vertical tolerance is to tight or a magnetic coilstop is the cause.

Thanks I went thru the possible fix areas in the manual and everything working great now with flippers!

#7127 33 days ago

Question regarding code for The Dude Abides. My son made it to the final wizard mode. Seems like you hit a character shot, then rug hole and then bowl. He hit a character shot and then smashed the rug but the rug would not move all the way back to expose the hole. Screen kept prompting rug hits but it seemed stuck. We took glass off and unfortunately had to drain and as soon as the mode ended and next ball was played the rug worked fine again (ie it didnt seem to be physically stuck). So wondering if this could be a code issue, or if we just had really bad luck and an anomaly with a temporarily stuck rug. Any thoughts?

#7128 33 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Great package! Nice touch / idea on the HSL coaster
Props to you and KING-HENRY on the Donny dust. Maybe someone way smarter than me can figure out how to get a stand-alone Folg, er, I mean Donny Can & dust to light up only during "Goodnight Sweet Prince".
I already tried a mini fog machine. No need to ask me how that went

Thanks, you were my inspiration! . A fog machine would have been sweet!

I actually put a decent amount of research into trying to make the labels accurate. Best I could tell, the Miller Lite bottle is from 1994 and I found an exact match. The MGD and Kahlua were the best matches / image quality I could find, although I might redo the MGD with a better match. The Meichtry Draft actually has a cool story https://fictionalcompanies.fandom.com/wiki/Meichtry_Draft

The most time consuming part was getting the scale just right on the labels without losing too much detail, what a pain in the ass .

#7129 33 days ago

When I bought my TBL it came with this topper.

I see similar toppers that have the saying "I'm the dude, man," instead of repeating "The Big Lebowski" title.

Can I buy replacement letters to change this? If so, does anyone know who I would contact.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

20240322_165653 (resized).jpg20240322_165653 (resized).jpg
#7130 33 days ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I see similar toppers that have the saying "I'm the dude, man," instead of repeating "The Big Lebowski" title.
Can I buy replacement letters to change this? If so, does anyone know who I would contact.
[quoted image]

I don't have the answer for you - others may...
That said, You might search for posts in this thread by a Pinsider who goes by "BigLebowski"
It is my understanding that is the original author/ creator.

Cheers!

#7131 33 days ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

[quoted image]

[email protected]
This is the guy who produced the topper.

#7132 32 days ago

Are there any gameplay/code scenarios when shooting the Jesus shot that sends the ball down the Walter ramp rather than up to the upper playfield? Is there a diverter up there?

Mine does it sometimes, but mostly it goes to the upper playfield.

#7133 32 days ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Are there any gameplay/code scenarios when shooting the Jesus shot that sends the ball down the Walter ramp rather than up to the upper playfield? Is there a diverter up there?
Mine does it sometimes, but mostly it goes to the upper playfield.

PG 110 in the Technical FAQ speaks to that scenario...

Screenshot_20240327_130852_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240327_130852_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
#7134 32 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

PG 110 in the Technical FAQ speaks to that scenario... [quoted image]

Perfect, thanks. I really should have checked the manual first as it seems to have every possible issue covered.

#7135 32 days ago

My son got The Dude Abides and beat the game! And no rug glitch this time (must have been physically stuck last time). Its a sick wizard mode!

4D298B80-A174-4488-849E-F295ABA93F9C (resized).jpeg4D298B80-A174-4488-849E-F295ABA93F9C (resized).jpeg
#7136 32 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

My son got The Dude Abides and beat the game! And no rug glitch this time (must have been physically stuck last time). Its a sick wizard mode!
[quoted image]

that's awesome. lots of wood to chop to get at that end mode.

if u hit the upper pf skillshot perfect and perfect bowling it’s not that bad.

#7137 32 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

that's awesome. lots of wood to chop to get at that end mode.
if u hit the upper pf skillshot perfect and perfect bowling it’s not that bad.

yes that skillshot is so key! so fun!

#7138 32 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

[quoted image]

I'm throwing rocks tonight!

#7139 31 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Ordered 10-19-2014
Arrived 3-22-2024
[quoted image]

~10 years. Wow. At least it got done. Kudos to you and to the guys at Dutch for pulling through when all looked lost.

#7140 31 days ago

Anyone have good or bad experience with playfield protectors on TBL they could share? Not something I’ve ever considered doing with my games but considering it for my NIB TBL because it’s such an expensive game.

I’m seeing one from playfield-protectors.com. Also, Cointaker has one but not sure if theirs includes the upper playfield.

#7141 31 days ago

I'm already in the design stage (or idea phase) to use this image and replicate that into the lower PF as art blades! make my own thin boards and probably use the correct color/sizes of vinyl tape for the bottom..then get off me arse and 3d print those stars and somehow backlight those (as shown in the film here). It's on a long list of projects, but the idea is solid. If someone wants to take this idea and perfect it (and sell it).. well that's ok as well

Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 9.15.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-03-26 at 9.15.46 AM (resized).png Added 30 days ago:

stumblor

#7142 30 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm already in the design stage (or idea phase) to use this image and replicate that into the lower PF as art blades! make my own thin boards and probably use the correct color/sizes of vinyl tape for the bottom..then get off me arse and 3d print those stars and somehow backlight those (as shown in the film here). It's on a long list of projects, but the idea is solid. If someone wants to take this idea and perfect it (and sell it).. well that's ok as well
[quoted image]

That would look awesome.

I'm a little surprised nobody has thought of making such things for the lower playfield yet. Such a vast space to work with, and what I would assume to be easy install.

#7144 30 days ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

That would look awesome.
I'm a little surprised nobody has thought of making such things for the lower playfield yet. Such a vast space to work with, and what I would assume to be easy install.

Me too! Thanks for the shoutout because I also think it would *will* be dope.

BTW, found this while looking at film clips...sold for over 16K, which is probably a good deal considering what it is from the film...I've seen ALIENS props sell into the 6 figures..OT but I think this is a cool movie prop (well a functional return from HSL before they tore it down) from the film, and signed by The Dude..
https://www.julienslive.com/lot-details/index/catalog/504/lot/222667/The-Big-Lebowski-Jeff-Bridges-Signed-Hollywood-Star-Lanes-Bowling-Return-With-DVD

#7145 30 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Me too! Thanks for the shoutout because I also think it would *will* be dope.
BTW, found this while looking at film clips...sold for over 16K, which is probably a good deal considering what it is from the film...I've seen ALIENS props sell into the 6 figures..OT but I think this is a cool movie prop (well a functional return from HSL before they tore it down) from the film, and signed by The Dude..
https://www.julienslive.com/lot-details/index/catalog/504/lot/222667/The-Big-Lebowski-Jeff-Bridges-Signed-Hollywood-Star-Lanes-Bowling-Return-With-DVD

Can’t believe it sold for over $16k usd. Man.

#7146 30 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Anyone have good or bad experience with playfield protectors on TBL they could share? Not something I’ve ever considered doing with my games but considering it for my NIB TBL because it’s such an expensive game.
I’m seeing one from playfield-protectors.com. Also, Cointaker has one but not sure if theirs includes the upper playfield.

I have installed protectors on a few of my games including TBL. I order from the German company that makes them. TBL is the first game I decided to cut the protector so that I could install it without removing the top playfield. I then used mylar to “tape” it together. Installing these on a new game is not that hard if you have patience and take your time and photos. I typically do it when I switch rubber rings over to titans (not necessary on TBL since I believe it was silicone from factory already).

I have a small spot in front of my Walter ramp where the protector shows because the pressure of the ramp is impacting the protector. Doesn’t impact gameplay so I’ve left it alone. Otherwise it seems fine.

If you haven’t done one before I’m not sure TBL is the best game to start with unless you have torn a few games apart already.

I think installing Cliffys (including on the left ramp) is more important than the playfield protector.

#7147 30 days ago

Can anyone with Tiltgraphics black art blades post a couple pics? Bonus if also has lighted starry apron. Thank you, trying to decide black vs blue blade variant.

#7148 29 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Can’t believe it sold for over $16k usd. Man.

Hey! Last year Hicks’ shotgun in Aliens auctioned for over $60,000. Just a bit of perspective ..the bigger and more prominant ones sold for much more. The funny thing is..you cant play those like a pin, unless you want to play cops and robbers lol. Form and function must cooexist

#7149 29 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

[quoted image]

Added today: stumblor

Great idea! Vimtoman mentioned to me a while ago that he had an idea for the lower, I wonder if it was something along these lines.

#7150 29 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Great idea! Vimtoman mentioned to me a while ago that he had an idea for the lower, I wonder if it was something along these lines.

Aren’t there mirrorblades already here? They do look cool already. Still good to have alternatives. If you do go ahead maybe light it with leds from above?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
There are 7,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.