(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3132 (resized).jpeg
Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

$465 shipped. That's one spicy meatball

looks like $445 shipped.

3 years later
#750 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I am thinking of doing a little cab repair and touch up on my R&B. Is there a standard blue paint code that someone can make me aware of?

Check photo Gallary this thread

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I see a picture of what looks like (cant see the entire name of the product)
Craft smart
Bright blue
?

It’s a start.

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

ok, seeing as that is the only paint I see in any of the images in this thread, I guess I'll pick some of that up.
After I buy it, I guess you can give me the next clue?

maybe contact the poster of the image

1 week later
#756 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Just received the Classic Playfields R&B backglass, picked it up during their Black Friday sale.
To me it looks fantastic, my game (project) was actually missing the bg.
Has anyone done a side by side comparison?

I’d like to know as well
Iam curious how well light shows thru glass
Hoping it’s not dark like some other repo BG

11 months later
#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Send me your email and I’ll send you my video of the pin2dmd on the r&b in action[quoted image]

Just post it here !

1 month later
#1010 3 years ago

Just buy a color dmd
You can thank me later!

2 weeks later
#1048 3 years ago

I think the original black is fine.
But out of the pics you presented the sassy grass green looks good but I’d go with all green and metal flake. Or black metal flake.
Just my two cents

2 weeks later
#1089 3 years ago

Frostbilte Falls Minnesota , desert,
Rocky&Bullwinkle
Ha Ha funny!

#1095 3 years ago

Thanks for showing . I know not to use black.

2 weeks later
#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I’m trying to finish a few tweaks on my machine.
1 auto plunger is to powerful (i have coil set to soft) it sends the ball to the top lanes bounces off the gate and goes back down the right orbit. I’ve put some foam on the end of the coil stop to give it a shorter throw but no luck.
2. The left kick out
Also way to strong. The ball comes flying out like mad. I put foam on the top of the scoop but it’s not enough. Anyone have any suggestions?
3. Hat trick vuk
Shots seem to bounce out a lot anyone have any suggestions or should i try a piece of foam?

#2 I had this problem on my first R&B.Ball shot out of ASOP hole flew into kick back out lane all to regular.
I put a thin clear plastic under the plastic Surrounding ASOP kickout ,edge was cut on angle from the old guy with white hair ( lol) to side rail so it mounted in place after a while it wasn’t noticed and problem solved .

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So you put Mylar just past the scoop from plastic to plastic to help stop the ball from getting air? Pretty much extending the roof of the scoop?
Just want to make sure i understand that correctly

No actual clear plastic Over scoop acts like a hood keeps ball from going air born.

3 weeks later
#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I joined the club this week and read through the 1100+ posts.
Currently I have the playfield at 6.5 degrees and get a lot of shots that go through the right orbit and down the left side SDTM. Are there any adjustments that can be made to direct the ball to either flipper?
[quoted image]

Left right leveling
And I like my game at 7.5

7 months later
#1193 2 years ago

Yes

78C9A42E-E9FE-49DB-8CCE-748EA2AB2F8C (resized).jpeg78C9A42E-E9FE-49DB-8CCE-748EA2AB2F8C (resized).jpeg
#1197 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I bent the plastic and was able to remove the log. Now I just got to remove and replace the rivets.

You got it licked !

1 month later
#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

It did have the manual inside the cabinet. Batteries were a tray of 3 double A's, which I think means it was replaced? I'll have to look. Sounds like I should open up the main power supply and take a look in there.
Here’s pic of what I see on power up[quoted image]

These DE games are know for bad fuse holders.check fuses while doing so.
check the dmd cable connections. Reseat them.
Look boards over for burnt or lose connectors

6 months later
#1280 1 year ago

Reflow solder on board pins

4 months later
#1333 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Can someone tell me the exact backbox width? I have an incredibly narrow doorway that only fits Sterns right now if the head is still attached

So you found your old game?

#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Unfortunately no, trail kinda went dead. Still keeping an eye out. Just wanted to make sure it would even fit

They all fit! One way or another !

4 weeks later
#1338 1 year ago

Just bend the blue wire form so ball passes

7 months later
#1392 8 months ago
Quoted from cjzachmann:

Hello all,
I just got my Rocky and Bullwinkle last week. I love it so far, but after a handful of games the Aesop VUK has stopped working. The switch and diode tests good, and it seams to be all set right. And it kicks the ball up in the ball search so I know the coil works.
I’m going through the schematics but am not following them well. Part of it is my manual is a reprint that isn’t done well. So I will be ordering a different one today.

Switch adjustment
It is a tricky switch to adjust correctly but once you adjust it should be good to go!
Use a leaf switch tool to adjust.

3 weeks later
#1399 7 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Does anyone know what the size is for the hex spacer that fits between the two pop bumpers
on the right side of the game? The spacer is mounted upside down on the plastic piece.
Many thanks in advance.

I believe it’s a 5/32” coupling 1/2” long.

IMG_1229 (resized).jpegIMG_1229 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#1440 3 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

After more than a decade and just with EM's I picked up a DE JP a few weeks ago and playing the shit out of it.
Now it looks like I'll be joining the R&B club in a few days. There are a few other DE titles that I'd rather have but this R&B is available locally and in the budget.
I do have a six year old and ya' know he will dig it just like the JP. I watched R&B as a kid when growing up "way back in the day"
Really appreciate the work Chad has done with the code for the JP but it would appear R&B has never had his magic touch? Such a shame if true.
Looking forward to giving this pin a shot.

Give it some time. Your gona love it if you relate to the call outs.
I bought a R&B around 2002 my son was 10 we enjoyed it and many other titles . I sold it while he was off at collage. Fast forward after he finished med school and had a free weekend we were at the York show! While playing a R&B at the show my son said this brings back memories! It was then I realized this was our old game the actual one we sold. I reached out to the owner and asked if he would like to sell it, and he did not wish to sell shortly after I found one local and purchased it. I haven’t looked back since I plan on holding onto it, and passing it onto my son, I hope you and your son get the same enjoyment from this game as we did. FYI, you can put out the fuse with the shooter button for a quick 5 million good luck and enjoy. (Attached pic of my son playing game at the York show and the black version we own now.)

IMG_7995 (resized).jpegIMG_7995 (resized).jpegIMG_9762 (resized).jpegIMG_9762 (resized).jpeg

#1442 3 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Very cool story and thanks for sharing. You must be a proud parent as med-school is not an easy road.
As a newbie to Data East and all things non-EM, I've noticed that some times the DE cabs are blue and somtimes black on certain titles (R&B and TFtC at least). Is this common?

Not common I believe TFTC is aftermarket black decal .
The Rocky and Bullwinkle are screened cab not decal. It’s my understanding a European distributor would only purchase if the cab was black. And these are believed to be exports with very few made.
And yes proud parent!!!

#1444 3 months ago

Congrats nice find !

#1447 3 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Quick question, do airballs occur that would potentially break a glass bulb without a cover on it on whatever this is thing is called;
[quoted image]
I got some of the glass bulbs from Mitchell Lighting for the JP and like them. Was thinking of using them on the R&B but don't need broken glass
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1445-mitchell-lighting/07301-data-east-jurassic-park-pinball-machine-glass-led

They are glass just have condom for color.
I doubt you will have air ball bulb breaking issues .
I prefer the LEDs on the spin and win disc .
But we all have different tastes.

#1449 3 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Yes, but Mitchell's LED's are colored glass, a bulb cover defeats the purpose and hide the look. So wouldn't be using bulb covers with his bulbs. Check the link posted previously.

I understand
I personally prefer comet frosted led for this application .

1 month later
#1480 76 days ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Need to replace all rubbers and looking at getting an all in one package. Any go to recommendations?

Pinball life has kit does like 3 games for under $50

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
3,000 (OBO)
$ 29.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=freddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.