E88A19E2-ABBE-4023-8054-D9F066D380D5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
6A3EBCB4-6B7B-49C0-B938-28A0B4B52DE6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
0990A1E7-78EF-4A98-BC08-DFC20C08CA52_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
32CEBAFA-80D4-45E5-A8B3-95BEB9CA18FE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
58566156-53F8-4614-B8F2-C85821F3E2A6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
655AB9D4-06E5-46A4-BBFF-5EE90D76EA15_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E7D037D6-CE39-4941-A62B-DD429C6DD9F5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7A7E171A-C766-4604-994C-DCC9D326DFE3_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
There are 824 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 30 days ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I actually went around Saturday night and specifically played games I’d never played before

This should be everyones number one goal when going to shows, by far the best part.

#803 30 days ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Thanks for always bringing Night Moves. That’s probably my favorite cocktail table.

You're welcome! It's a fun game for sure. It's actually my wife's favorite game out of the games we own.

I see you're local. I've also got the sister pin, Caribbean Cruise. Hit me up if you ever want to check it out!

#804 30 days ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Weird Al. I bought one when I got home.

I didn’t go but the local pinball arcade had it about a month. When I eventually get to the point in my life where I can buy pins I’ll probably get this one and Godzilla.

#805 30 days ago
Quoted from ictmike:

I didn’t go but the local pinball arcade had it about a month. When I eventually get to the point in my life where I can buy pins I’ll probably get this one and Godzilla.

Both are really good! And don't sleep on Stern JP. I surprised myself by liking it more that GZ.

#806 30 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I guess even the whining is bigger in Texas

He is from Arizona, please do not judge Texas based on his actions

#807 30 days ago
Quoted from ScottThePhotog:

Back to pinball. What was everyone's favorite game at TPF?

I was blown away by Kyle's Friday the 13th and RotoDaves Motorhead!! Also wowed by the 8ball beyond! I was working in a booth most of the show but was super stoked to run across an Andromeda in the hallway. I'm lucky enough to have a friend that owns a Rocky but I had a few great games on 1 at the show. I went to the show looking to play Looney Tunes for my next purchase but was surprised by Labyrinth and Jaws. I'll probably wait to see what Borg drops next...

#808 27 days ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I was blown away by Kyle's Friday the 13th and RotoDaves Motorhead!! Also wowed by the 8ball beyond! I was working in a booth most of the show but was super stoked to run across an Andromeda in the hallway. I'm lucky enough to have a friend that owns a Rocky but I had a few great games on 1 at the show. I went to the show looking to play Looney Tunes for my next purchase but was surprised by Labyrinth and Jaws. I'll probably wait to see what Borg drops next...

Did you play Saw? How did that game play? Looked cool.

#809 27 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I guess even the whining is bigger in Texas

Don't get it twisted...this is internet whining. Anyone getting this puffy in real life would get a Texas-sized whuppin'

#810 27 days ago

- Made up for a missed trip with my dad? Check!
- Traveled with friends? Check!
- Played all of the newest games? Check!
- Visited JJ’s gathering? Check!
- Played tons of home brew games? Check!
- Ate great BBQ? Check!
- Bought some cool swag? Check!
- Smelled some BO and farts? Check!
- Went to Wild Pitch multiple times on lingerie Friday and every day there after? Check!

IMG_6214.gifIMG_6214.gif
#811 27 days ago
Quoted from ScottThePhotog:Back to pinball. What was everyone's favorite game at TPF? I was so excited that there were three Bad Cats there. It's rare to see one, and it was awesome to multiple there! It meant that there was always at least one Bad Cats open to play.
I also really loved Flight 2000! I had never gotten the chance to play it before. It's a fairly simple but fun game. The multiball "blast off" release is super satisfying.

One that I had seen but never paid any attention to was Riverboat Gambler. There was a really nice example at TPF this year and my wife and I really had a lot of fun playing this one. Hope to see it again next year.

#812 26 days ago

Best show I've ever attended. Got to play all the brand new games, classic ones and several I hadn't played in a long time.
Son who is now 25 got to play Maro Bros. pin which he hadn't played since a pre teen. We both enjoyed it.
Loved presentations by Spooky Pinball and Steve Ritchie. Greatly enjoyed Looney Tunes.
Show much larger and despite big crowds must of the lines even for new games weren't nearly as long as some shows I've attended.
Thanks to all the volunteers, staff, everyone who brought a game, vendors and presentors. Son and I had a fantastic weekend.

#813 25 days ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

My point is that maybe TPF has outgrown the Embassy Suites conference center, maybe it hasn’t

Many with industry experience (not pinball industry...but the expo/symposium/convention industry) can see the hotel has objectively been outgrown by TPF. Expo/symposiums/conventions are big business, there are publicly traded entities that are active in the space (hosting/operating events similar to TPF) and they all have objective methodologies to determine when a hotel is outgrown for an event such as this one. The TPF people presumably had some sort of conveyance occur with their recent regime change so they likely have a convention industry person go through those metrics with them. No surprise, but turning away large numbers of people from the event hotel is one of those metrics since events like this can frequently receive some consideration from the hotel itself for selling out their full allotment (lots of different structures out there...) just as they lose if they don't meet their allotment.

Does this mean TPF must move? No, plenty of events remain in long outgrown locations year after year.

I for one am just happy I was able to get a room for next year. Thank you to whomever in this thread noted that I could get a room now directly through Hilton Honors...that worked great and I wouldn't have known that but for this thread.

#814 25 days ago

I checked through the Hilton app and Embassy Suites show no rooms available for TPF 2025, so either they have sold out already or they have saved the rest of the rooms to be sold through TPF.

#815 24 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

I checked through the Hilton app and Embassy Suites show no rooms available for TPF 2025, so either they have sold out already or they have saved the rest of the rooms to be sold through TPF.

That is a real bummer. Last week they had most rooms types available still. This thread likely caused a booking rush and one week later they are all gone…

TPF will still have its allotment of rooms though a show like this has many out of that allotment taken by exhibitors, industry people, speakers, etc…sadly, it’ll be like last year again and rooms available for the general public out of the TPF block will sell out in fifteen minutes.

#817 24 days ago

My wife and I had a good time over all, and staying at the hosting hotel usually has a certain je ne sais quoi but the Embassy Suites was the worst hotel we've stayed at in a long time. And we aren't high maintenance high rollers that stay at fancy places. The rooms need a refresh and they need more dining options. We encountered a very nice and helpful parking attendant but the rest of the staff was pretty overworked and surly. Overall it seemed like they weren't prepared for such a large event despite hosting it for so long.

#818 24 days ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

We encountered a very nice and helpful parking attendant

If you're referring to Chuck he was the best thing about the host hotel! He took care of us the moment we walked in and saw a huge line. Helped us leave our bags in a locked room because there was a mix up with our room Thursday. Made sure the boxes of merch that we shipped the week prior made it up to our room and took us all over town the 1st day. We wished he worked the whole weekend.

#819 24 days ago
Quoted from Crispin:

If you're referring to Chuck he was the best thing about the host hotel! He took care of us the moment we walked in and saw a huge line. Helped us leave our bags in a locked room because there was a mix up with our room Thursday. Made sure the boxes of merch that we shipped the week prior made it up to our room and took us all over town the 1st day. We wished he worked the whole weekend.

Short, dark hair, maybe a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow. Didn't get his name.

And it doesn't surprise me that they messed up your room. We didn't get the bed configuration we booked and got locked out of our room on Sunday despite telling them like three times (including once months prior to arrival) that we were staying an extra night.

#820 24 days ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Short, dark hair, maybe a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow.

That was Chuck, great stories and service. They have to clone that man.

#821 24 days ago

I stay the nice shiny spot across the street. hotel is amazing connected to a mall and a 5 minute walk to the expo and the rooms blow away the rooms onsite for $150 a night.

#822 24 days ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

I stay the nice shiny spot across the street. hotel is amazing connected to a mall and a 5 minute walk to the expo and the rooms blow away the rooms onsite for $150 a night.

Which hotel?

#823 24 days ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

The one in the mall is the nicest hotel in the area in my opinion and that mall is awesome. That said, it is a 15 minute walk to the show from there...just being candid, but it can take five minutes just to cross the large street while you wait for the walking signal.

#824 22 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

Check monthly. I was surprised that they were available to book that soon as most places only allow reservations to be made 6-9 months out when they know there’s a major event going on. They probably got a rush as soon as TPF posted the dates and froze sales. “Sold Out” is what they usually put on the app when they have reservations closed for the period.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

11,990 (Firm)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pompano Beach, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

There are 824 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-tpf-2024-discussion/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.