Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8156 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F6919FCD-2AE9-4102-B35C-06BBD6E7A78A (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king-henry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 31 days ago

Old thread, but looking for an answer to my power needs...I currently have a KASA smart, app controlled outlets/power strips for my 14 machines upstairs..However, I DO NOT LIKE the inconvenience of using my phone to turn on my machines (and I'm not really a smart-phone guy to begin with). I want a powerstrip solution where the power strips can be remotely turned on via RF (not IR), but Ideally, I want a WIRED solution where I can have a remote wire with individual power on/off controls on the wall, next to my pins..ANY IDEAS? I've searched the web...couldn't find a wired-remote solution. Thanks in advance.

#10 31 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've got Amazon Smart plugs. Not exactly what you asked for, but with a small base station, I can say, "Computer, turn on the arcade" and the arcade turns on. I have each smart plug named differently so I can say, "Computer, turn on arcades right" and just the machines on the right turn on. The stuff if relatively cheap. You can use a phone app to do it, but the little echo dots are pretty cheap, and you can stream music do other cool stuff with them as well. Next time you are at wall mart / best buy just look at smart plugs, watch some youtube videos, and decide if this would meet your needs.

I have all the smart plugs already..I want to get away from that..I want a 'wired solution' aka 'Non-Smart' solution..I don't use (or want to have) Alexa or anything of that nature..I have sensitivty to EMF as it is..with that being said, I reiterate by saying I want a wired switch or just Radio Frequency (RF) solution, on a wall panel or handheld base..I've had some problems with the smart plugs on a few older pins..example, I took my Baywatch off the smart plugs because the current wasn't giving the machine a hard, 'On' lol..had some issues with Dirty Harry as well..the newer machines, no prob.
    Call me wierd, but I want to dumb it down, with the same convenience, next to the pins, without having to squeeze and scratch my pins up to turn on the Sterns, etc (on the backboxes).

#14 31 days ago

I wish all pins had 12v triggers, then I could use a home theater remote control system like the Niles Intellicontrol..I'm not opposed it RF remotes, as they aren't on a constant network..I could still use smart outlets if they were managed via a wall-mount with touchscreen for simple on/off commands for each pin..would be a cool product to sell (at least I'd buy it). Have a GUI that includes artwork for each pin, assignable and arrangable on the screen (or someone create a pin-power app for old/spare phone attached to the wall).

#15 31 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Get a kasa wall switch and tie in all your kasa outlets to them in the app.
    It’ll feel like an old school method but works the same way.

I'll look into that, thank you..I didn't know you could adapt their wall switches to existing kasa plugs you have a link to something that will work with these newer Kasa strips/outlets?

#18 31 days ago

i just found this topic on a battery-powered kasa switch 'want'..I think that would really do the trick without hard-wiring..i wonder if one has been made yet (the topic is 4 years old). stick-on the wall kasa switch solution would be cool. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/209538

#20 31 days ago

here's a possible (temporary and simple) way to do what I want to do.. https://www.amazon.com/BN-LINK-Wireless-Wall-Mounting-Household-Appliances/dp/B01NASZ0UM/ref=sr_1_11
    I could essentially turn my kasa powerstrips back to 'dumb' and plug these guys in the main socket (thus controlling each power strip on/off) via IR remote...and has 3 banks which would satisfy all my power needs..only thing is line-of-sight for IR, but aiming under the pins shouldn't be a problem if the plug(s) aren't in the way of a subwoofer or other stuff in the way.
    EDIT: This is more like it... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09R2KCX9M/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0
    THE ONLY DOWNSIDE IS THAT I WILL LOSE THE ABILITY TO TURN ON JUST ONE MACHINE, and will have to turn on 1 bank (maybe 3-4 pins) to play the one machine I want to play...

#25 30 days ago

having a 'smart home' is not an option for me..I'm almost 50 and I don't consider myself 'old'..I'm aware of certain things that I'd like to avoid..I like a few advanced things in the home, but not when it comes to home automation..I want a hybrid aproach without having AI or any other Alexa in my home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king-henry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surge-protector-recommendation?tu=king-henry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.