Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 417 of 421.
#20801 38 days ago
Quoted from BRONX:

Anyone touching Reddit tomorrow?

Hell no

#20802 38 days ago

I can't believe it went up after the fire sold the most valuable data set on the internet for 60 million dollars.

That's offensively low, IMO.

#20803 38 days ago

My next play is FutureFuel Corp, FF, they produce biofuels. Their stock is right around $8 and recently announced on top of their small normal dividend, there will be a $2.50 per share one time dividend next month and they are doing a stock buy back. I picked up 500 shares at $6.98, I'm probably picking up 1-2K shares tomorrow or early next week and ride it through the dividend.

#20804 37 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:My next play is FutureFuel Corp, FF, they produce biofuels. Their stock is right around $8 and recently announced on top of their small normal dividend, there will be a $2.50 per share one time dividend next month and they are doing a stock buy back. I picked up 500 shares at $6.98, I'm probably picking up 1-2K shares tomorrow or early next week and ride it through the dividend.

I’m going to read up on this. Thanks for the tip!

#20805 37 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My next play is FutureFuel Corp, FF, they produce biofuels. Their stock is right around $8 and recently announced on top of their small normal dividend, there will be a $2.50 per share one time dividend next month and they are doing a stock buy back. I picked up 500 shares at $6.98, I'm probably picking up 1-2K shares tomorrow or early next week and ride it through the dividend.

If I understand the GlobeNewswire report correctly you would have to hold this until April 10th to actually get the $2.50 dividend per share and cannot sell before that date?
Do the 'Due Bills" have any effect on this?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/futurefuel-provides-2-50-per-200200409.html

#20806 37 days ago
Quoted from BRONX:

Anyone touching Reddit tomorrow?

I think its a good buy at $5 or $6 per share, giving it a valuation under $1,000,000,000. Reddit will continue to drop for some time. I hate the company, but do think it has some value.

#20807 37 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think its a good buy at $5 or $6 per share, giving it a valuation under $1,000,000,000. Reddit will continue to drop for some time. I hate the company, but do think it has some value.

over 20 years of no profit - that sounds like no value to me.

#20808 37 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

over 20 years of no profit - that sounds like no value to me.

I hate the company with a passion, but it it was for sale for 90% off its current price I think it would be a buy. It hasn't made money in 20 years, but its lost less money the past few years to the point if they were not paying their CEO the company would actually be profitable. I also think that is soon as the options market opens on this people will be shorting it like no other stock has been shorted before, and have a sneaking suspicion some of the larger trading companies (like blackrock) might take a large stake. We shall see.

#20809 37 days ago

Just started riding Pelosi's coattails - started a position on Palo Alto Networks

#20810 37 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just started riding Pelosi's coattails - started a position on Palo Alto Networks

Any thoughts on NANC?

#20811 37 days ago

Any thoughts on NANC?

Wow - never knew that existed - I'll have to check it out.

#20812 37 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I was reading an article yesterday about some company(?) that started which basically tracks congress' insider trading somehow they buy those stocks for you (i don't know the exact details, but it didn't sound like it was information that was readily available provided from the company and you just go buy your own stocks). What baffled me though is they thought that thru doing this, it would embarrass members of congress and highlight the issue and make them stop doing it.

I'm like...you are helping their stocks go up, I doubt it's going to stop them...

#20813 37 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I was reading an article yesterday about some company(?) that started which basically tracks congress' insider trading somehow they buy those stocks for you (i don't know the exact details, but it didn't sound like it was information that was readily available provided from the company and you just go buy your own stocks). What baffled me though is they thought that thru doing this, it would embarrass members of congress and highlight the issue and make them stop doing it.
I'm like...you are helping their stocks go up, I doubt it's going to stop them...

There are two ETFs that track political whale investors. One for Dems, one for Repubs. NANC and KRUZ

#20814 37 days ago

Any thoughts on NANC?

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Wow - never knew that existed - I'll have to check it out.

Quoted from Zablon:

Quoted from Palmer:

There are two ETFs that track political whale investors. One for Dems, one for Repubs. NANC and KRUZ

Just sold some TBIL and bought some NANC. It's outperformed the S&P since opening. Looking at its holdings it is super aggressive.

#20815 37 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Had no idea...not sure this is the same thing though? The whole point of the article was that it was supposed to make the government question if they should be allowed to do it. Maybe it is.

#20816 34 days ago

RDDT - Is way more important than most people realize. People use Redit as a Search engine in many niches.
So far my Mad Money investment is doing pretty good and makes up less that 5% of my portfolio. Why not.

#20817 34 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

RDDT - Is way more important than most people realize. People use Redit as a Search engine in many niches.
So far my Mad Money investment is doing pretty good and makes up less that 5% of my portfolio. Why not.

Might want to put a stop loss on that. CYA is always a good thing

#20818 33 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Options trading has been bullish, which is a surprise to me.

#20819 33 days ago

Anyone getting in on DJT today?

I am on the fence-could be something?

I have seen many platforms come and go but with a high public figure it may have some traction. Time will tell

#20820 33 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have seen many platforms come and go but with a high public figure it may have some traction. Time will tell

85% SPY
10% TBIL
5% NANC

#20821 33 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

yup! Grabbed a few

#20822 33 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The fundamentals look horrible, small user base, low earnings and limited growth potential. For the Wall Street Bets crowd it's a big pump and dump, they were buying calls last week, selling today, then buying puts before it dumps. If you bought calls or shares, I'd consider unloading them soon, good short play, but I can't see holding long on it.

#20823 33 days ago

He's going to cash those things in as soon as he can and i twill then tank. I'd stay away.

EDIT: looking at Reddit, and some other stocks, I've just come to the conclusion I do not have the mindset to be good at stocks. I feel many stocks are really just becoming MEME driven and emotionally driven.

#20824 33 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's going to cash those things in as soon as he can and i twill then tank. I'd stay away.
EDIT: looking at Reddit, and some other stocks, I've just come to the conclusion I do not have the mindset to be good at stocks. I feel many stocks are really just becoming MEME driven and emotionally driven.

To some extent hasn't sentiment always been a factor in a stock's success? Buy the rumor, sell the news has been in idea for a long time before MEME stocks. But yes, I think it just got way more significant through social media, especially when the Wall Streets Bets and Gamestop squeeze/hype happened. That brought in a ton of first time investors who invest on rumors and emotion. And we have conservative investors that invest or divest based on their political beliefs.

There's definitely a strategy to invest based on those people's moves though and ride their hype. I'm positive there are big time investment firms monitoring the hype and chatter on social media and factor it in to their investment moves, there are certainly tools that do it for you. Like I said above, on WSB's they've been talking for weeks about how DJT would jump significantly based on politics no matter what the fundamentals were and taking advantage of both the pump and the dump in investing in it.

#20825 31 days ago

It baffles me as to why the Market is closed tomorrow for Good Friday. I was raised religious and I still had to look up what that was.

#20826 31 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It baffles me as to why the Market is closed tomorrow for Good Friday. I was raised religious and I still had to look up what that was.

Much more a catholic thing than protestant varieties. Not that some don't.

#20827 31 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nothing new at all. Everything always closed Good Friday - stores too.

#20828 31 days ago

@Whistels
In Italy, Easter Monday is when things shut down. People are home, spending time with there families. A nice carryover from Easter Sunday!!! Good friday is typically open and business as usual but slower and quiet. Italy being a very Catholic society.

nwpinball
Enjoy the day of tomorrow big guy! Life is short, spend time with your family. Make time for your family. Reach out and call a long lost Pal tomorrow! Go for a walk, relieve the mind. Stock have done very well in 3023 and 2024. Take a nice break....
Even if the markets are to be open on good Friday or Easter Monday, volumes would be thin. Me personally, I'm starting to realize, we can be more productive as a society if we focus on a 4day work week/10 hrs per day. 3 day weekend, every week more time for you, us and family. Besides Friday off incl all the markets would be a great sigh of relief, we would become more eco friendly (more resource needed for 5day workweek vs 4day.

On a different note. What is everyones opinion on TD Bank?
I think it's cheap? Yoy guys???

#20829 31 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Nothing new at all. Everything always closed Good Friday - stores too.

Weird! Not here since it isn't a federal or state holiday. It's just another Friday at work.

#20830 31 days ago

The run is just beginning.

IWM, IJR and CALF

DFH and IBP, two individual stocks.

Small caps trading at 11x. Widest dispersion since 1999 from mega caps. 12 yr bull run ensued.

Still very long AMZN, FANG, MSFT, NVDA and AAPL. Added more AAPL on recent dip. And selling puts against.

AMZN #1 for me.

$6 trillion still sitting on sidelines. FOMO

Buy the dip on 5-7% sell off. That’s as far as it goes with all the FOMO cash.

Fed cuts and earnings tailwinds. SMALL CAPS

GL

#20831 31 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

This market is friggin’ nuts. I bottom ticked the Russell 2000 this week and went all in basically. Looking for it to outperform the sp500 going forward as a catch up trade.

Still all in Russell futures leveraged heavy. Made a fortune lol.

Hope everyone has been long and making money here. Cheers.

#20832 27 days ago

RDDT now trading lower than at any point since its IPO. Next stop, IPO price. Didn't even take 2 weeks.

#20833 27 days ago

RDDT now trading lower than at any point since its IPO. Next stop, IPO price. Didn't even take 2 weeks.

DJT is not far behind it. Both seemed like obvious pump and dumps to buy, hold for a few days, then sell before everyone else starts selling.

#20834 27 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Weird! Not here since it isn't a federal or state holiday. It's just another Friday at work.

Never heard of that wow.

#20835 27 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

DJT is not far behind it. Both seemed like obvious pump and dumps to buy, hold for a few days, then sell before everyone else starts selling.

That DJT 8-K filing was just brutal.

#20836 27 days ago

Bought a few shares of DJT on day one at $65 just for straight out gambling. Saw it falling like a knife midday at like $52, put in buy order at $45 because he was the 45th president and if anything wallstreetbets crowd are predictable lol. Look at today's chart it bounced at $45.26 and climbed back to $50 before settling at $48. Trump gets a lot more shares if the stock performs well in the next few months so in his interest not to sell, YET. Just don't be there when he cashes out and buys Greenland.

#20838 27 days ago

Well, if you try not to involve politics in your investing it was clear you could make money off calls because of his rabid followers buying it even if it's a bad investment and then a few days later buying puts as people dumped it. That's the strategy people were talking about for weeks on WSBs and alot of people did just that and made a ton of money on it.

#20839 27 days ago

It’s a race to the bottom for sure.

IMG_1659 (resized).jpegIMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
#20840 27 days ago

I bought into VENG, Vision Energy, a few years ago thinking it would be a good investment and all I did was get fucked. I think it was a scam company and I should have done my due diligence. I can’t stand fucking thieves!!

#20841 27 days ago

Why would you make this statement which is obviously political directed toward a certain individual?
Don't ruin the thread with your hatred.

#20842 27 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Well, if you try not to involve politics in your investing it was clear you could make money off calls because of his rabid followers buying it even if it's a bad investment and then a few days later buying puts as people dumped it. That's the strategy people were talking about for weeks on WSBs and alot of people did just that and made a ton of money on it.

Ok. My mistake. This is called a “stock market traders thread.” I thought it was a thread about investing.

#20843 27 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Why would you make this statement which is obviously political directed toward a certain individual?

I wasn’t talking about politics. I was talking about the founder of a publicly traded company.

#20844 27 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Would you invest in social media company founded by Bernie Madoff? I wouldn’t.

#20845 27 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

That DJT 8-K filing was just brutal.

DJT value derives from the potential to capture a large segment of the population who turn toward its services.
This is a viable concept in the near future.
Long term? Who knows?

#20846 27 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I wasn’t talking about politics. I was talking about the founder of a publicly traded company.

Go for it/ makes sense.

#20847 27 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Would you invest in social media company founded by Bernie Madoff? I wouldn’t.

Long as I got in early.

#20848 27 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

DJT value derives from the potential to capture a large segment of the population who turn toward its services.
This is a viable concept in the near future.
Long term? Who knows?

...and they refused to release current user numbers and reserved the right to NEVER release user numbers. So it's all cloak and mirrors there.

I can forgive them making no money and bleeding cash if they could show growth (monetization/enshitification after growth is the way of the internets). But they flat out refuse to share growth data so...yikes. If there truly was growth, they would be screaming about it from the rafters.

I mean, they make $5 million, lose $50 million, of which $35 million is interest payments (that's a BIG percentage). They had a "going concern" warning. They don't share growth data. That is a disaster of a filing. Also, how can someone possibly justify a $5 million a year company being valued at $8 billion and change. Bonus for also arguing that Apple, Nvidia, etc are all overvalued.

#20849 27 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

...and they refused to release current user numbers and reserved the right to NEVER release user numbers. So it's all cloak and mirrors there.
I can forgive them making no money and bleeding cash if they could show growth (monetization/enshitification after growth is the way of the internets). But they flat out refuse to share growth data so...yikes. If there truly was growth, they would be screaming about it from the rafters.
I mean, they make $5 million, lose $50 million, of which $35 million is interest payments (that's a BIG percentage). They had a "going concern" warning. They don't share growth data. That is a disaster of a filing. Also, how can someone possibly justify a $5 million a year company being valued at $8 billion and change. Bonus for also arguing that Apple, Nvidia, etc are all overvalued.

I agree in part. Many initial offerings have surprised investors with their settled value,
Others have dropped like a rock and vanished from consideration.
Cash inflows will determine the value on this one.
Evidently many see a possible lucrative value that may defy logic.

#20850 27 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I agree in part. Many initial offerings have surprised investors with their settled value,
Others have dropped like a rock and vanished from consideration.
Cash inflows will determine the value on this one.
Evidently many see a possible lucrative value that may defy logic.

Hope it works out for you, and if not that you have a good exit strategy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 417 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/417 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.