IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg
There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 106.
#5201 40 days ago

Did you folks see the new Pin Vision animated speaker grill product coming from Pin Sound?

It looks pretty amazing... Going to give it a try this summer, and move my flaming lights to JDJP and see which one I like more...

#5202 40 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Did you folks see the new Pin Vision animated speaker grill product coming from Pin Sound?
It looks pretty amazing... Going to give it a try this summer, and move my flaming lights to JDJP and see which one I like more...

Thanks for posting this, those are really impressive.

#5203 39 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

$495.00...Ouch! I will keep Doug's Flaming Light kit on my Godzilla.

It really does look great the Pinsound Pin Vision.

#5204 37 days ago

Interactive godzilla painted. Ready for install

Before and after

Hope to install this weekend

IMG_7309 (resized).jpegIMG_7309 (resized).jpegIMG_7316 (resized).jpegIMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
#5205 35 days ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

My topper journey. When TEP announced that they were going to come out with a new topper for Godzilla, I was one of the first people to sign up. When I was waiting to buy my Godzilla premium, I just happened to see the topper they had made that showed up at Jack bar and was very quick to purchase one of the limited they actually made. Shortly after I purchased the topper, it looked like I was no longer gonna be getting the Godzilla so I sold it. About a month later my Godzilla arrived and I was very sad I had sold the topper.
When I saw the initial concept of this topper, I was not very enthused. The first version made it look like a couple of small cities were sitting on top of a UFO. With that in mind, although I had signed up for one I went ahead and bought the official Stern topper, which I thought actually looked pretty good. The fact that it came with an exclusive, timed game mode put it over the top for me. As a result, I gave up my spot in the first round of the TEP topper.
Then TEP made some further modifications before they actually shipped the topper and made it look much better. They also started releasing videos that show how incredibly interactive this topper is. I tried not to second-guess my purchase of the official topper, but then, as I saw what they were developing for this thing, I could no longer resist. I made the commitment to remove the node board from the official topper so that I can still have the time mode and ordered my TEP topper.
I cannot be more thrilled that I made the change. Photographs do not do this or justice. The light shows have to be seen in person to be appreciated. The best lighting effects on the official topper actually took place after your ball was done and the Godzilla atomic breath would have different lights that would coordinate with the score sounds. Atomic breath would also turn red when you triggered the destruction jackpot. Other than that, the topper didn’t really interact with the game otherwise. When I put the official topper on the machine initially, my wife asked, “why did you put a big piece of white poop on top of your pinball machine?” I had a hard time looking at the same way after that.
The TEP topper interacts with multiple aspects of the game and also assists you as a player if you want to double check where you are in progress. On top of that it’s gorgeous to look at and compliments the machine incredibly well. When you add in the fact this is just the beginning and they have some other additions coming to the topper in the near future, the decision about which to I wanted to go with became a no-brainer.
To top it all off(no pun intended) Rob is one of the best people in this hobby to interact with. He is nothing but available and supportive at all times.
Don’t hesitate to purchase this topper. You won’t be sorry.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have been of the fence with the TEP topper but with your comments and the new Conqueror Edition becoming available I think it is the way to go. I also enjoy the King of the Monsters Time Attack mode from Sterns topper. I wanted to ask if you only needed the stern topper node board or any other boards to keep the mode? or did you just only need the power and LAN cable to the node board? Thank you for all your input...

#5206 35 days ago
Quoted from Busaturbo:

I have been of the fence with the TEP topper but with your comments and the new Conqueror Edition becoming available I think it is the way to go. I also enjoy the King of the Monsters Time Attack mode from Sterns topper. I wanted to ask if you only needed the stern topper node board or any other boards to keep the mode? or did you just only need the power and LAN cable to the node board? Thank you for all your input...

Node board, power connector and lan cable.

#5207 35 days ago

Anybody with @Stumblor's excellent Noodle Building mod? I'd like to set the lighting effects so that the building doesn't stay dark when the stock buildings on the back wall light up from left to right at the start, or at the end of a game. I haven't a clue if that's possible. I don't suppose there's a tutorial anywhere? I'm dense when I read the manual.

#5208 35 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Anybody with @Stumblor's excellent Noodle Building mod? I'd like to set the lighting effects so that the building doesn't stay dark when the stock buildings on the back wall light up from left to right at the start or at the end of a game. I haven't a clue if that's possible. I don't suppose there's a tutorial anywhere? I'm dense when I read the manual.

#5209 35 days ago

I was out of stock on Clear pop bumper bodies for a month or two.
I've added new stock to the store if anyone still needs the body upgrade:
example on godzillaexample on godzilla

#5210 35 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Anybody with @Stumblor's excellent Noodle Building mod? I'd like to set the lighting effects so that the building doesn't stay dark when the stock buildings on the back wall light up from left to right at the start, or at the end of a game. I haven't a clue if that's possible. I don't suppose there's a tutorial anywhere? I'm dense when I read the manual.

Post 5174 a few pages back has a good picture of the right building of Stumblor's light up. As part of the instructions, You remove the stock flasher bulb as it is blocked by the computer board in the back of the sign. A GI bulb is tapped under the PF so that lights are affected by the GI Node board of the game. In addition, the 3 dragon noodle sign and the right hand 3 phases sign constantly are making different colors.

#5211 35 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Post 5174 a few pages back has a good picture of the right building of Stumblor's light up. As part of the instructions, You remove the stock flasher bulb as it is blocked by the computer board in the back of the sign. A GI bulb is tapped under the PF so that lights are affected by the GI Node board of the game. In addition, the 3 dragon noodle sign and the right hand 3 phases sign constantly are making different colors.

Thanks. I have it installed correctly and it looks beautiful when cycling through it's colors. I was hoping it would integrate a bit more though and be consistent with the way the other stock buildings light up in sequence (left to right) during certain parts of the game. Right now, when the sequence gets to the Noodle Building, the building is dark. Doesn't look quite right to have the other building all lit and this one isn't. Not really a big deal in the scheme of things. I've got the entire set on order as they are among the best mods in Pinball.

#5212 35 days ago

Home made topper. One of these I want to interact with the game, either through a node board or through the audio. Need to take the next step…

I also posted this in the 3d print thread.

Video of animation

IMG_7304 (resized).jpegIMG_7304 (resized).jpeg

#5213 35 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Thanks. I have it installed correctly and it looks beautiful when cycling through it's colors. I was hoping it would integrate a bit more though and be consistent with the way the other stock buildings light up in sequence (left to right) during certain parts of the game. Right now, when the sequence gets to the Noodle Building, the building is dark. Doesn't look quite right to have the other building all lit and this one isn't. Not really a big deal in the scheme of things. I've got the entire set on order as they are among the best mods in Pinball.

Appreciate you saying that, and I'm always up for a good idea that improves how the mods are integrated. I actually think this is in fact possible, if the original building flasher could be used in conjuction with the white GI as the trigger for the GI Sensor, so the mod is turned on when the flasher does, even if the GI is dimmed. I have some flasher adapters here, I'll do some tests.

#5214 35 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I assume you moved the green jumper over to GI when you installed. It was in the instructions and I had to get my glasses to find it on the board in the corner. It does put the other metal sticker buildings to shame. I am on order for them as well. Though I will have to add another power adapter board as I only have 1 slot left and 2 buildings to go.

#5215 35 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I assume you moved the green jumper over to GI when you installed. It was in the instructions and I had to get my glasses to find it on the board in the corner. It does put the other metal sticker buildings to shame. I am on order for them as well. Though I will have to add another power adapter board as I only have 1 slot left and 2 buildings to go.

I did move the jumper. The building does sync with many of the machine's light effects, just not in the particular sequences I'm talking about. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I suspect Davey will figure it out! I'm using his Splitter+ which supplies it's own 12v power. Right now I'm using it for the Neon Sign and the Noodle building, leaving me 3 open spots.

#5216 34 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

When you need to, you can just extend the Splitter+ with one of the cheaper original splitters for more slots.

#5217 32 days ago

Interested in buying a stumblor UFO mod kit if anyone has one.

#5218 32 days ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Interested in buying a stumblor UFO mod kit if anyone has one.

Why not order one from the source??

https://stumblorpinball.com/products/gzlol

#5219 32 days ago

I have been on waitlist for 5 months

#5220 32 days ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Sure. They are incredibly popular to the point where he announces a new mod and hundreds are sold before anybody has even seen it or knows the price. And yes, they are that good! They take awhile for sure. You can check where you stand on the list on his website.

#5221 31 days ago

The premium version of the Godzilla DMCS Animated, Interactive Backbox light kit is now available too!

The premium has similar effects as the pro version ( rising flames, streaming heatray, color cycling UFOS, etc ) and some specific updates for the premium. Since King Ghidorah is a main character on the premium version, the effects also highlight that as you will see. For more details, see the DMCS thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-dmcs-mods-xilien-saucer-heatray-diverter-burning-building

#5222 30 days ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Really sorry for the delay, I know its not ideal, but we plan on doing a 100pcs UFO run in a few weeks time. Really appreciate your (and everyones) patience.

#5223 29 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Really sorry for the delay, I know its not ideal, but we plan on doing a 100pcs UFO run in a few weeks time. Really appreciate your (and everyones) patience.

Will all of your mods always have long wait times?

#5224 29 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Will all of your mods always have long wait times?

We're scaling this year, looking for a bigger workshop and more people to help with assembly, but that's all got to be done in a considered way so it doesn't become unmanageable or have a negative impact on quality. The truth is, I'm the bottleneck at the moment, so need to sort that out first, but I'm working on it.

#5225 29 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

We're scaling this year, looking for a bigger workshop and more people to help with assembly, but that's all got to be done in a considered way so it doesn't become unmanageable or have a negative impact on quality. The truth is, I'm the bottleneck at the moment, so need to sort that out first, but I'm working on it.

It happens

#5226 28 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Wish I lived in London again and could apply for a job. LOL.

#5227 28 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

the quality of product and innovation you have is exemplary.

matched with a seemingly infinite number of mods you could do (the backlog of games you could add something to plus all this new stuff), means you could manage your way to quite the operation.

imagine if you were able to do some cliffy metal bending too, all with an operation that could fulfill orders way quicker than the competition…

im rootin for ya!

#5228 28 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

matched with a seemingly infinite number of mods you could do (the backlog of games you could add something to plus all this new stuff), means you could manage your way to quite the operation.
imagine if you were able to do some cliffy metal bending too, all with an operation that could fulfill orders way quicker than the competition…
im rootin for ya!

What he said!

#5229 28 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

im rootin for ya!

Really appreciate you saying that. It's an incredible privilege to be in the position where scaling issues are even a thing, so I want to ensure we get it right so we can keep building, having fun, and enjoying this mad hobby for as long as possible.

#5230 27 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Quoted from stumblor:

Really appreciate you saying that. It's an incredible privilege to be in the position where scaling issues are even a thing, so I want to ensure we get it right so we can keep building, having fun, and enjoying this mad hobby for as long as possible.

Once upon a time you were considering limiting your runs, like medisinyl, to preserve collectability/value. Current thinking changed to "money printer go brrrr"?

#5231 27 days ago

I dunno, I kind of like that more people get the opportunity to own one. If there's no practical reason to limit, it seems like artificially limiting production to increase value is the kind of the thing that pinball manufacturers get criticized for...

... Unless I'm not reading the situation correctly...

#5232 27 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I dunno, I kind of like that more people get the opportunity to own one. If there's no practical reason to limit, it seems like artificially limiting production to increase value is the kind of the thing that pinball manufacturers get criticized for...
... Unless I'm not reading the situation correctly...

Yeah I mean I don't blame him. Gotta eat. But as a collector buying the products it's good to know what the situation is. If you know the mods are gonna be produced for years with no limit, maybe you wait and make sure you're gonna have the game long term or maybe you wait until someone is getting out and selling them all for a nice discount.

#5233 27 days ago

I see that collectors in any hobby, keep it original, low miles or plays or even keep it in the box shrink wrapped. Putting Mods on is more personal taste and disposable income. I would not be adding several thousand dollars in mods, so that I can trade it away at a loss a year or more later. But everyone has there own interpretation obviously.

#5234 26 days ago

He reran mods that he planned on ending but asked for feedback from the community the large majority said rerun them.

#5235 26 days ago

wanting less people to be able to enjoy something so a few people can somehow enjoy having something others cannot. i get the greed aspect but that's about it

#5236 26 days ago

When it came to the Tokyo neon, I was getting asked so often about it that it became difficult keeping up with the emails just letting people know it wasn't happening anymore. Once again though, it's now reaching a point where our stock is about in line with the list, signups are flattening and it feels like it will naturally come to an end at some point in the next few months.

I've found it's actually good to have multiple mods on the go since when the inevitable happens and we run out of a critical part because we've got the inventory wrong, we can quickly retool, shift onto something else and keep the line moving.

Of course I don't want to shut things down before they're ready - when you have a hit you want to get as many out there as possible. You've got to remember that for every hit, there's plenty that aren't. Or worse, ones that seem great until everyone gets the game, decides they don't like it and moves onto the next shiny thing because there's lots of options in a crowded market. We're getting better at hedging those risks these days, but that wasnt always the case. My storage sheds are full of broken promises! Haha

#5237 25 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

When it came to the Tokyo neon, I was getting asked so often about it that it became difficult keeping up with the emails just letting people know it wasn't happening anymore. Once again though, it's now reaching a point where our stock is about in line with the list, signups are flattening and it feels like it will naturally come to an end at some point in the next few months.
I've found it's actually good to have multiple mods on the go since when the inevitable happens and we run out of a critical part because we've got the inventory wrong, we can quickly retool, shift onto something else and keep the line moving.
Of course I don't want to shut things down before they're ready - when you have a hit you want to get as many out there as possible. You've got to remember that for every hit, there's plenty that aren't. Or worse, ones that seem great until everyone gets the game, decides they don't like it and moves onto the next shiny thing because there's lots of options in a crowded market. We're getting better at hedging those risks these days, but that wasnt always the case. My storage sheds are full of broken promises! Haha

There will be several more runs of Godzilla and with each additional run, there will be interest from new owners. You run a business that has made top notch mods. Do not limit production runs, if there is a buyer, then please use that opportunity to fulfill that person’s want and profit from it. That’s business. I’m fortunate to have added a couple of your mods to my GZ premium and love them. The real candy here is thinking I missed out on a mod and then by surprise, it becomes available again. Timing and money sometimes is not always available on a potential-buyer’s end, so when the stars do align the sell will occur. Thanks for rerunning mods and forget about making some collector butt hurt because it should have been a limited run of a certain number. These are mods, not a LE pinball machine. Keep up the great work Stumblor. I wish you and your business well.

#5238 25 days ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

There will be several more runs of Godzilla and with each additional run, there will be interest from new owners. You run a business that has made top notch mods. Do not limit production runs, if there is a buyer, then please use that opportunity to fulfill that person’s want and profit from it. That’s business. I’m fortunate to have added a couple of your mods to my GZ premium and love them. The real candy here is thinking I missed out on a mod and then by surprise, it becomes available again. Timing and money sometimes is not always available on a potential-buyer’s end, so when the stars do align the sell will occur. Thanks for rerunning mods and forget about making some collector butt hurt because it should have been a limited run of a certain number. These are mods, not a LE pinball machine. Keep up the great work Stumblor. I wish you and your business well.

Very well said, I couldn't agree more!

#5240 25 days ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

Agree 100%! I'm one of those that triplemercman talks about, timing was never right to buy a GZ until last week when I picked up a nice one owner HUO Premium with no mods. I'm now on everyone of the Stumblor waiting lists to get every one that will be available.

I have a similar experience with the LOTR Palantir Mod that I started making in 2018. Over the years I've sold over 400 of them, and every time I think the market is gone I sell another one. Mind you not at the rate as the first 6 months, but still 1-2 every 30 days.

#5241 25 days ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Agree 100%! I'm one of those that triplemercman talks about, timing was never right to buy a GZ until last week when I picked up a nice one owner HUO Premium with no mods. I'm now on everyone of the Stumblor waiting lists to get every one that will be available.
I have a similar experience with the LOTR Palantir Mod that I started making in 2018. Over the years I've sold over 400 of them, and every time I think the market is gone I sell another one. Mind you not at the rate as the first 6 months, but still 1-2 every 30 days.

Oh snap I'm down for a Palantir mod! Make that one more this month

#5242 25 days ago

This Topper just keeps getting better. Rob sent me their prototype of the Mothra add on they are working on. It now lights up every time the Mothra insert lights up.

It took less than 10 minutes to install. It screws into to holes available on the right of the topper and the light plugs into the backbox in one of the open slots.

Underneath there is a single wire that plugs into the board with a light sensor that you simply tape into place.

There are so many customization options available on this topper. It’s crazy. There are many slots available in the board for more creative options.

I also have the alternative plastics of Godzilla raising up from behind and the UFO crashing in the water installed. Can’t wait for the conqueror update.

IMG_5993 (resized).jpegIMG_5993 (resized).jpegIMG_5992 (resized).jpegIMG_5992 (resized).jpegIMG_5991 (resized).jpegIMG_5991 (resized).jpeg
#5243 25 days ago

Oh, I want to add Mothra to mine too, when it is available. I have the saucer crashed and Godzilla already, but never got that back servo to work, so it is static.

#5244 18 days ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

Try putting a 5 volt motor in his head
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve been thinking of doing this too, did it work?

#5245 18 days ago

Yes it did ....power comes from the magnet at 38 volts so you have use a power reduction board to get it down to the 5 volt motor ....I found at 3.9 volts the head spins at the right speed

#5246 18 days ago
Screenshot_20240410_084019_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240410_084019_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240410_084301_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240410_084301_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240410_084313_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240410_084313_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240410_084334_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240410_084334_Photos (resized).jpg
#5247 18 days ago

Oh no!!!! It’s Mecha-Ichabod Crane Godzilla

IMG_9569 (resized).jpegIMG_9569 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5248 9 days ago

Just added voodoo glass and OMG this stuff is nuts! It literally looks like there is nothing there. It’s insane just added one to Elvira also.

#5249 9 days ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Just added voodoo glass and OMG this stuff is nuts! It literally looks like there is nothing there. It’s insane just added one to Elvira also.

Who sells it again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 106.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/105 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.