(Topic ID: 67929)

Stargate Owners Club - Shoot the Pyramid!

By GTO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,378 posts
  • 275 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_120445 (resized).jpg
20240413_120413 (resized).jpg
20240413_120404 (resized).jpg
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
PXL_20240327_202526890 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240327_202541876 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240324_213917411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181706696 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181041234 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181107406 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181120542 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_181130681 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_120832.jpg
There are 2,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 48.
#2351 31 days ago

Looks amazing!

I can never go back to red after installing color.

Get a new speaker panel plastic here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-pinball-speaker-panel-art-plastic-gottlieb-reproduction#post-8095680

Just PM him

Im seriously thinking about it.

#2352 31 days ago

PM sent, ty pinballinreno

#2353 31 days ago
Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

PM sent, ty @pinballinreno

See post 2296 if you want to see one...it came out really nice....for those of you who picked up the new Stargate playfields, is Mirco also making the plastics too?

#2354 31 days ago

gotta get a new speaker panel next, this one kinda trashed

You are only missing the plastic panel insert with the artwork printed on it.

#2355 31 days ago

Someone needs to make a plastic set for Stargate, I have a broken right sling shot plastic and haven't been able to find one.

#2356 31 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You are only missing the plastic panel insert with the artwork printed on it.

We agree.

#2357 31 days ago

I have the last NOS playfield for Stargate from Steve at PBR. Its curing from being clear coated on a wall for now.

Its awesome that Mirco has finally made up some playfields, that he promised to do 5 years ago...

This one is nothing special, but good for a laugh!

ebay.com link: itm

#2358 31 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have the last NOS playfield for Stargate from Steve at PBR. Its curing from being clear coated on a wall for now.
Its awesome that Mirco has finally made up some playfields, that he promised to do 5 years ago...

yeah hes a little off with that price....

#2359 31 days ago

Wow, what a swap that's gonna be!

#2360 31 days ago

Wow, what a swap that's gonna be!

Il do the swap if I can get plastics made up.

#2361 29 days ago

Am I remembering wrong, or was someone working on a molded skill shot ramp? Where did that land?

Mine is beginning to crack at the back where it drops down the the upper flipper. Maybe I can help save it with some fiberglass or some other way?

#2362 29 days ago
Quoted from Biju:

Am I remembering wrong, or was someone working on a molded skill shot ramp? Where did that land?
Mine is beginning to crack at the back where it drops down the the upper flipper. Maybe I can help save it with some fiberglass or some other way?

Fiberglass it for now.

I saw one totally fiberglassed/reinforced and painted black.

He did a good job and it looked really nice

#2363 28 days ago

I'm working on it...did a prototype print, have some minor things to correct, but hopefully soon...That ramp has a lot of things pushing and pulling it everywhich way...suprised they lasted so long.

#2364 25 days ago

Anyone willing to take some high-res close-up pictures of the playfield? (Just 3 places, not the entire playfield)
I need to paint some areas in which the decals peeled off.

#2365 25 days ago

Where would someone start with a random reset issue? I'm talking in the middle of a game it starts a new one. I'm not sure how this pin is supposed to play as i need to watch some videos to see how multiball and other modes act because i feel like it's a bit off but i do like the pin so I'm looking to get er in good working order. Any advice is appreciated!

#2366 25 days ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Where would someone start with a random reset issue? I'm talking in the middle of a game it starts a new one. I'm not sure how this pin is supposed to play as i need to watch some videos to see how multiball and other modes act because i feel like it's a bit off but i do like the pin so I'm looking to get er in good working order. Any advice is appreciated!

Start with testing your power supply voltages, particularily the 5VDC as that runs the CPU.

#2367 25 days ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Ground mods: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Gottlieb_System_3#Ground_Upgrades

#2368 24 days ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Some helpful info here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-woes

#2369 24 days ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Also, The main fuse is likely LOOSE, in the main power box by the coin door.

I had this problem. I thought it was a reset, but it was a loose fuse and fuse holder.

As these fuse holders age they will shut the game down. Turning it off and on fixes it until it shuts down again.

The loose fuse will also cause what appears to be a reset.

But its not.

Fortunately the power box is VERY easy to work on, as it unplugs and you can remove it from your game, and work on it on your workbench.

Get the higher quality German made fuse holders, NOT the cheap Chinese ones if you can

#2370 24 days ago
Quoted from fornacigiorgi:

Anyone willing to take some high-res close-up pictures of the playfield? (Just 3 places, not the entire playfield)
I need to paint some areas in which the decals peeled off.

yeah where at? post some examples where yours is shredded. can use my dslr and upload.

#2371 19 days ago

yeah where at? post some examples where yours is shredded. can use my dslr and upload.

Thank you ParkRanger!

----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png----PLAYFIELDStargate075DPIPFScan for MR KRUZMAN (resized).png
#2372 15 days ago

So after many months of on and off work on this...I'm at the stage of making a list for this ramp...Cost will be 150.00 and include shipping to the continental US. This is my mock up of it installed. I'm using a really nice PLA from Prusa appropriately named "Galaxy". I think it looks good. One of the main issues with the original was the way the rear wireform met the ramp...on a bit of an angle, which put torsion on the plastic which was unfortunately thin in this area and caused many ramps to fracture. On this ramp I made an oval in that area which allows the wireform to enter the ramp at any any (within reason) and not put stress on the ramp. This is what will be involved on your part as you'll need to used the parts from your original ramp. You have to drill out all the metal parts, increase the hole diameter to 1/8 to match todays more common rivets, and then re-rivet those parts onto the new ramp. I will supply a new ramp flap which I will install (made by Cliffy btw). Here are some photos....coming soon...a rebuild kit for the glider mech...nice an smooth. Send me PM if you're interested in the ramp, I'll let you know when the glider is available...The filament for this is not available in the US at the moment and is costly to ship in from overseas....I will be ordering it soon, but want to wait until its available here ideally. I'll try and get a couple out now though just to get things moving on this as I know some have been waiting on a new ramp.
edit: Forgot to mention, it will have threaded inserts in 6/32 so you don't have to deal with the nut on the backside for attaching the skill shot plastic and standoffs.

20240413_120404 (resized).jpg20240413_120404 (resized).jpg20240413_120413 (resized).jpg20240413_120413 (resized).jpg20240413_120445 (resized).jpg20240413_120445 (resized).jpg

#2373 15 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So after many months of on and off work on this...I'm at the stage of making a list for this ramp...Cost will be 150.00 and include shipping to the continental US. This is my mock up of it installed. I'm using a really nice PLA from Prusa appropriately named "Galaxy". I think it looks good. One of the main issues with the original was the way the rear wireform met the ramp...on a bit of an angle, which put torsion on the plastic which was unfortunately thin in this area and caused many ramps to fracture. On this ramp I made an oval in that area which allows the wireform to enter the ramp at any any (within reason) and not put stress on the ramp. This is what will be involved on your part as you'll need to used the parts from your original ramp. You have to drill out all the metal parts, increase the hole diameter to 1/8 to match todays more common rivets, and then re-rivet those parts onto the new ramp. I will supply a new ramp flap which I will install (made by Cliffy btw). Here are some photos....coming soon...a rebuild kit for the glider mech...nice an smooth. Send me PM if you're interested in the ramp, I'll let you know when the glider is available...The filament for this is not available in the US at the moment and is costly to ship in from overseas....I will be ordering it soon, but want to wait until its available here ideally. I'll try and get a couple out now though just to get things moving on this as I know some have been waiting on a new ramp.
edit: Forgot to mention, it will have threaded inserts in 6/32 so you don't have to deal with the nut on the backside for attaching the skill shot plastic and standoffs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats one NICE looking ramp!

A LOT of games need this!

#2375 9 days ago

Damm ...pricey....no plastics I'm guessing.

#2376 9 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Damm ...pricey....no plastics I'm guessing.

I would love a set of plastics!

#2377 9 days ago

Me too...

#2378 9 days ago

Me Too, Someone please make these!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-owners-club-shoot-the-pyramid/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.