(Topic ID: 331911)

Stargate Glidercraft doesn't stay extended during mode.

By SadSack

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is the Glidercraft the best toy in pinball”

• Yes 0 votes
  • No 1 vote
    50%
  • What is the glidercraft? 1 vote
    50%

(2 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2023-02-24 16.49.58 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I recently picked up a stargate for the first time. It came with the typical set of problems - bad RAM chip, blown 4-opto boards (missing the big resistors) and of course the burnt out rope light.

I've worked through all the bugs, but have one very annoying behavior I can't seem to figure out. In Glidercraft mode, the scissors pokes the glider craft all the way out twice and then the glider reaches about an inch out of parked position and swings back and forth continuously with pyramid up until the end of the mode. At that time, the glider craft jumps all the way out and parks correctly stowed and the pyramid drops.

My question is what can I do to make it fully extend throughout the mode? Is there some way the game knows when it is extended? Do you think the wrong motor might cause this?

The game has been routed, but it is still quite nice and it's now scoring perfectly, but the arguably best toy in pinball is being a little shy.

Thanks for any ideas or tips.

2023-02-24 16.49.58 (resized).jpg2023-02-24 16.49.58 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Should extend all the way, stay out, and move back and forth until down to one ball (mode over). Run solenoid test on the glider motor. Should take about 6 button pushes to get it fully extended, 6 more to get it back home.

If that works, there are at least three switches back there. I've never had to dig in there, so can't offer any advice for that.

#3 1 year ago

I asked my urologist about the same problem. He said there were some switches and a motor back there.

8 months later
#4 5 months ago

SadSack did you ever figure this out?

My glider craft extension stopped working during gameplay, but it still works during the coil test. Rotates side to side but won't pop out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stargate-glidercraft-doesn-t-stay-extended-during-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.