image_(resized).jpeg
Evangeline-Lilly_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

What do you think?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 8 years ago

Wow can't wait!

#4 8 years ago

hard to tell with pics like that but the gold looks like more of the aged bronze look which may work out better than having the more shiny gold.

#5 8 years ago

Looks great! Now that's how you offer a powder coat on an LE / SE game.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

hard to tell with pics like that but the gold looks like more of the aged bronze look which may work out better than having the more shiny gold.

What ever color you want to call it, it sure looks nice on the game.

Quoted from frankmac:

What do you think?

I think, I wish I could get this right now but funds are tied up.

#7 8 years ago

The machine looks amazing, truly what an LE should look like but will they now call it Hobbit:5 year anniversary edition?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks great! Now that's how you offer a powder coat on an LE / SE game.

Agreed, the body armor looks much better the the posts in the past!

#9 8 years ago

wow! it looks like alex really knocked it out of the park with the finish on the smaug gold

#10 8 years ago

Hope Steve at Pinball Refinery can do my coin door to match when I receive my Smaug

#11 8 years ago

not to take away business from steve but if pinchroma is still active here, I would give him a shout first. after all, he's the one that did the hinges and side rails for JJP. wouldn't that guarantee a 100% match?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Hope Steve at Pinball Refinery can do my coin door to match when I receive my Smaug

I've been talking to Jack about powder coating the coin door to match for at least a year. He indicated it would probably be a mod offered later...but I would rather just have it come installed from the factory.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

check with pinchroma. I am guessing he is the man behind this exceptional powder.

I am surprised JJP is not offering an upsell of mathcing doors.

#14 8 years ago

Gawd damn that's one sweet looking machine!

I'm beside myself with anticipation - counting down the days until mine arrives... Should be within the next 8-10 wks.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

check with pinchroma. I am guessing he is the man behind this exceptional powder.
I am surprised JJP is not offering an upsell of mathcing doors.

That would have been great! I would do it now if they offered it!!!!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wow! it looks like alex really knocked it out of the park with the finish on the smaug gold

Alex knows how to finish.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

I agree the pics in the past had a cheap gold look to them. The new pics look great! Very happy with them.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Should be within the next 8-10 wks.

I was told May for mine. I expect more like late June/July. When did you order you Hobbit, dtown?

#19 8 years ago

It's amazing how JJP got them looking so good and kept to schedule

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

kept to schedule

Not sure if serious?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I was told May for mine. I expect more like late June/July. When did you order you Hobbit, dtown?

Capt - I ordered from a distro from his day 1 lot. So while I'm in a group of day 1-ers so to speak, I'm a bit down that list since I ordered after a bunch of his other customers.

Wouldn't be surprised if mine ends up in June/July either.

Regardless, machine looks incredible and I'm beyond excited to get it in the house!

#22 8 years ago

I was fortunate enough to be able to play the hobbit today .. Limited Edition.. Wow what a game!!

#23 8 years ago

It is a gorgeous game. Love the armor on the LE. It really goes well with the LE artwork. As does the armor on the SE.

#24 8 years ago

I love that trim finish - well done. Very classy and fits the game perfectly. Way more durable than a shiny brass or gold too.

#25 8 years ago

Wait... Wait...
Yeap. Still don't care.
It better look like the tajmahal given the time you poor souls have waited.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wait... Wait...
Yeap. Still don't care.

It would really suck to have waited this long and get a crappy looking game.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wait... Wait...
Yeap. Still don't care.

I bet given your collection if the theme was Star Trek related your tune would be different.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I bet given your collection if the theme was Star Trek related your tune would be different.

Ha...fair enough

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wait... Wait...
Yeap. Still don't care.

It appears you do care since you entered this clearly labeled thread and then cared enough to POST that you don't care. Oh yes, you care.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What do you think?

Oh yeah Frank, amber will look GREAT!!!

#32 8 years ago

She looks pretty good (for an elf). Is it too late to change out the character in the middle of the play field?

Evangeline-Lilly_(resized).jpgEvangeline-Lilly_(resized).jpg

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

She looks pretty good (for an elf). Is it too late to change out the character in the middle of the play field?

Evangeline-Lilly_(resized).jpg

How about a live version bent over the playfield? Cleaning it perhaps? For you young fellas.....

#34 8 years ago

Impressive, i have no idea if the current gameplay is matching it's looks but it's beautiful.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh yeah Frank, amber will look GREAT!!!

Thanks Paul
I will post some pictures of the leg lights for the WOZ as soon as I can!!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks Paul
I will post some pictures of the leg lights for the WOZ as soon as I can!!

Great, thanks.

2 weeks later
#37 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I was fortunate enough to be able to play the hobbit today .. Limited Edition.. Wow what a game!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Hi does the micro dmd actually do much?

#38 8 years ago

Has the standing target in the back of the right out lane always been there?

Armor looks fantastic. (Hammered Bronze

If the game play matches the look we have a great game in the future...

#39 8 years ago

I play the hobbit at marvins,it feels like an older ss game,slow and floaty and I am quite sure the op at marvins has this game setup correctly but not positive,I quess you could just pitch up the back legs but most folks saying the same thing,anyway I don't mind it and can even look up at the display and not lose my ball,my woz feels like a much faster game compared to the hobbit,some may not like it but it looks great as expected and when finished will be deep and at the games pace less skilled players may get to see a lot more of what the game has to offer,I like it ,also the role overs and mabey the pop ups have an effect on slow moving balls and this could be another reason I can keep the ball in play so long because it changes it track quite often and I don't see this on woz ,mabey Jjp should have used Twd star shaped ones instead.

#40 8 years ago

It is unfortunate that the gameplay does not match the quality of the artwork, and the game retains various design "Achilles heels", incomplete game code, and unused components.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I play the hobbit at marvins,it feels like an older ss game,slow and floaty and I am quite sure the op at marvins has this game setup correctly but not positive,I quess you could just pitch up the back legs but most folks saying the same thing,anyway I don't mind it and can even look up at the display and not lose my ball,my woz feels like a much faster game compared to the hobbit,some may not like it but it looks great as expected and when finished will be deep and at the games pace less skilled players may get to see a lot more of what the game has to offer,I like it ,also the role overs and mabey the pop ups have an effect on slow moving balls and this could be another reason I can keep the ball in play so long because it changes it track quite often and I don't see this on woz ,mabey Jjp should have used Twd star shaped ones instead.

Game must be set up that way on purpose, I unboxed my SE last night, and slow and floaty is the farthest thing from the way it plays, fast and furious would be more accurate.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It is unfortunate that the gameplay does not match the quality of the artwork, and the game retains various design "Achilles heels", incomplete game code, and unused components.

Strange, the hobbit I played was on point. Fast and exciting. Great game.

#43 8 years ago

I can't believe you are complaining about the code and components on a machine that's been out a month. Stern can take a year and sometimes never finishes a machine.

#44 8 years ago

For out of the box code, I think it is great. Mine also plays very fast.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Hi does the micro dmd actually do much?

Yes ,the lcd book interacts with the game. Pages flip and the barrel water splashes on it when the bumpers are hit and more. Very nice, Very sharp and clean looking..

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It's really a matter of opinion and remains to be seen as the code develops.

Unused components get "used" with code updates.

Like every other pin released we have to wait until code develops

#47 8 years ago

I understand that some people are frustrated because of the delays, but the last thing you need to worry about with a Keefer game is the code. Ultimately, he will work his magic like he does on every game.

#48 8 years ago

Keith and Lyman are as a sure thing as you can get

Still getting amazing Woz code updates.

TH owners, enjoy your pins, you greatly deserve it!

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Game must be set up that way on purpose, I unboxed my SE last night, and slow and floaty is the farthest thing from the way it plays, fast and furious would be more accurate.

What angle are you setup at?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I can't believe you are complaining about the code and components on a machine that's been out a month. Stern can take a year and sometimes never finishes a machine.

If Stern took 4 years to build a game I would expect the code to be further along as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blandon, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-gold-se-hobbit-looks-amazing-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.