1%
  • JD 2 votes
    2%
  • IM 17 votes
    20%
  • Other 43 votes
    51%

(84 votes)

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

TAF multiballs can be so punishing and no ball save certainly doesn't make it any easier.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Totally forgot about BSD. When you miss your ramp or orbit it sucks!!!

No one got the joke......

#53 9 years ago

I can't pick a specific game but I can say my personal record is the time it takes for the balls to drain right down the center. So, maybe, five seconds.

I am not very good.

In Bride of Pinbot I have drained all states of multiball faster than the disappointment can set in. And if I have the billion point shot set up, I can actually make the balls drain outside of time. In some kind of parallel nega-verse. It's a gift.

#54 9 years ago

For a DMD era pin.....IM.....it's hard to keep ANY balls in play.

#55 9 years ago

If your talking shortest that's easy my mutilball on whirlwind last night.

#56 9 years ago

Firepower

#57 9 years ago

Is firepower the earliest game to have a spinning disc?

#58 9 years ago

I am with you on that one.... I don't think the flashing LEDs help either. Playing that game in the dark would be very bad for anyone with epilepsy.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Is firepower the earliest game to have a spinning disc?

Fireball is. But not the first with multiball. Balls a Poppin was the first, but doesn't feature the same ball lock system. Star Jet was the first of several Bally's in the 60s that feature modern type multiball. A machine that I would like to have. But chances are slim to none of getting one.

Ted Zale was the man responsible for many innovations in pinball that were way ahead of their time. I believe Fireball was his last EM with multiball.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd go with Black Hole. One of the hardest to start and when you do finally start it it doesn't seem to last long, especially if you don't open the gate by hitting the drops on the lower playfield.

This!

#61 9 years ago

I stand corrected. There was a spinning disc long before Fireball on a game called Electro-Ball.
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5535

#62 9 years ago

Sttng. Jd is tough also.

#63 9 years ago

Dh is hit and miss.

#64 9 years ago

Vote for FT and AFM.

#65 9 years ago

Fish tales, bsd and judge dredd all seem to go very very quickly , most the time Its done before it starts on bsd lol

#66 9 years ago

Vector beats anything with a ball save

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I stand corrected. There was a spinning disc long before Fireball on a game called Electro-Ball.
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5535

Would never have guessed 1932 for first pin with a spinning disc!

#68 9 years ago

I wonder where to get one of those.

#69 9 years ago

cftbl came to mind instantly, and i see gravitar beat me to it. here are more:

Judge Dredd "blackout" 2 ball multiball. there is no ball saver. game auto launches ball, no ball saver at all.
Alien star- 2 balls, no ball saver...and the plunge of the ball for multiball is at the games mercy as you have to plunge to the lanes and it drops in pop bumpers.

mousin around
elvira
high speed
black rose

#71 9 years ago

Game Plan Cyclopes.... The lower left pop keeps the ball moving right to left, which is never good for when you are trying to keep the balls in play.

#72 9 years ago

Taxi is often very quick - only 2 balls and a very fast game where the balls stay on the lower part of the playfield a lot.

TAF can also go very quick, but not as bad as Taxi

1 week later
#73 9 years ago

Might be my pin, but CFBL's is so fast I've had to master the snack bar shot to watch multiball start and drain again.

#74 9 years ago

F-14 for me. I haven't gotten to play it all that much, but when I have I haven't been able to actually trap up and control a multiball, just ball launch andddd then it's over.

#75 9 years ago

Multiball on Radical can be over immediately. 2 balls kick out together and it's pretty easy to get a bad carom. No ball save.

#76 9 years ago

Out of the pins i know well i vote for The Shadow.

Sometimes the Multiballs are not even real "Multiballs" because there are not multiple balls on the PF - they drain faster than new ones are plunged into play.

#78 9 years ago

You guys have played Stargate, right?

#79 9 years ago

Firepower and F-14

#80 9 years ago

Night Moves multiball is frequently extremely short. There's a portion of the song that accompanies it that pitches up like 15 seconds in - if I get to that part of the song, I feel like it's a success.

#81 9 years ago

I'd say Fish Tales esp. if the lightning flippers are installed. The ramps being so low in the PF make it hard when you miss.

#82 9 years ago

Dude - I want to play Other - it has the most votes at 29!!

Who has one?

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You guys have played Stargate, right?

Sadly yes.

#84 9 years ago

I recently got to play Dirty Harry, and I can negotiate it's multiball way easier than F-14.

#85 9 years ago

Fire is a quick drainer for me.

#86 9 years ago

Hahah none of you have mentioned this one??

APOLLO 13

When you hit the 13 ball multiball. You are flipping those flippers like a crazy person for a couple seconds. Then go wow. Where did all the balls go?

#87 9 years ago

My vote is for JD (especially playing Super Game), followed by STTNG. I'm being specific to the machines i own of course but i find multiball last's heaps longer on RFM, BOP, and The Getaway.

#88 9 years ago

Throwing a vote in for Corvette. Don't know if I have ever had a multiball longer than 15 seconds.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderstorm:

Hahah none of you have mentioned this one??
Apollo 13
When you hit the 13 ball multiball. You are flipping those flippers like a crazy person for a couple seconds. Then go wow. Where did all the balls go?

Yeah my bro has that one & its like the flippers are wet noodles when all those balls come into play at once

#90 9 years ago

For EMs: Wiggler
Elsewise: Black Knight

#91 9 years ago

Maybe I'm doing it wrong: Theatre of Magic? My game is set up really fast, though..

#92 9 years ago

Creature from the Black Lagoon can be pretty short, its a two ball multiball to start out with.

11 months later
#93 8 years ago

Dr Dude 2 Ball multi can be really tough and brutal, but JD Blackout 2 Ball multi is the shortest multi i know... This pin is really brutal even if you do your best, but, i love it for this reason and many others .
In comparison BSD multiballs are easy!

7 years later
#94 8 months ago

How has no one mentioned High Speed(the original), no ball save and at least one ball drains at extremely high speed, usually 2, maybe it's just me, but that multi all is brutal!

#95 8 months ago

Catacomb

#96 8 months ago

In my collection: CJ, Tag Team, Robo-War

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
North Vancouver, BC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miramar, FL
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shortest-multi-ball-times/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.