A1156851-2B39-4D0B-BEBF-B506A11C15EA (resized).jpeg
7C099748-14F5-479B-B964-05B59F148CC3 (resized).jpeg
B51027AB-2FDB-40C7-8FE0-FAB7F1051C48 (resized).jpeg
DCCE135D-9AFC-452B-ACA8-1CFC5F61C844 (resized).jpeg
3EC1E29F-DA7D-4213-A88E-FE5B639A479B (resized).jpeg
27AE866E-0E42-49AE-81EA-5B34471AFBD8 (resized).jpeg
435A252E-E673-4148-81F1-2469D0891D72 (resized).jpeg
214E69B5-7B11-4213-8D3F-5A79BACF2676 (resized).jpeg
There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Any Large DMD gurus have any input on my Maverick DMD issues?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-large-192x64-dmd-issues
Just trying to figure out if it is lost cause or not before I take the plunge into a Pin2dmd
Thanks!

I would take the plunge to ColorDMD.

1 month later
#402 3 years ago

Checking into the club with a Sega Harley Davidson.

4 weeks later
#403 3 years ago

Hi all...

If you are not aware, I have been releasing code updates to some of your favorite Data East/Sega games. So far, I have updated Baywatch, Hook, Jurassic Park, Lethal Weapon 3, Star Trek, Star Wars, Tales From The Crypt, and Tommy.

You can find out all the details here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/

I am writing today because I recently finished up Star Trek and Lethal Weapon 3 and now I currently have no update project (BOO!)... and I would love to do more (YAY!!!). The problem is that I need to get my hands on a game for about 6 months (give or take) to be able to do a code update. Several of the updates I have done were made possible because someone lent me their game.

Do you have a Data East/Sega game that you would like to see updated? If so, can you lend me your game? Contact me if you have one of these games and are able to lend it to me. I am in Carpentersville, IL (northwest suburbs of Chicago). Your game would be safe and sound in my finished basement alongside my other pinball machines.

Here is the current list of games I'd like to do a code update on...

Data East:
Batman
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses

Sega:
Maverick
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Batman Forever

PM me if you are interested.

#404 3 years ago

Good luck with your next project, @chadh. I had your code in Tales from the Crypt and enjoyed it. I owned a Batman Forever and agree that it can really use an update! Baywatch is due to show up on a container buy from Italy in a couple weeks and your code will be going into it as well. Look for a contribution to your cause soon...

#405 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201012-231637_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201012-231637_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#406 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hi all...
If you are not aware, I have been releasing code updates to some of your favorite Data East/Sega games. So far, I have updated Baywatch, Hook, Jurassic Park, Lethal Weapon 3, Star Trek, Star Wars, Tales From The Crypt, and Tommy.
I am writing today because I recently finished up Star Trek and Lethal Weapon 3 and now I currently have no update project (BOO!)... and I would love to do more (YAY!!!). The problem is that I need to get my hands on a game for about 6 months (give or take) to be able to do a code update. Several of the updates I have done were made possible because someone lent me their game.
Do you have a Data East/Sega game that you would like to see updated? If so, can you lend me your game? Contact me if you have one of these games and are able to lend it to me. I am in Carpentersville, IL (northwest suburbs of Chicago). Your game would be safe and sound in my finished basement alongside my other pinball machines.
Data East:
Batman
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses
Sega:
Maverick
Batman Forever

Would love some updated code on MSF, bought a project game last week
Unfortunately I live too far away to lend you my machine..
Goodluck with coding ChadH !

1 week later
#407 3 years ago

My Lost World just started to have display issues. Display would go out mid game. I turned it off and back on, display works. A couple games later, same thing. I reseated the ribbon cables and all of the cables to the power board. Now I have no display at all. I'm not sure where to start looking as the electronics are not my strong point.

Thanks in advance..............

1 year later
#408 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hi all...
Data East:
Batman
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses
Sega:
Maverick
Batman Forever

A year and a half later and my offer to do a code update still stands.

Also, I'm expanding my list of Sega games I would like to do a code update to:

Maverick
Batman Forever
Apollo 13
Goldeneye
Twister
Independence Day
Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition
Lost World Jurassic Park
X Files

Do you have one of these games? Are you in the northwest Chicago suburbs? Will you lend me your game? If the answers to these questions are "YES!" then send me a private message.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Maverick
Batman Forever
Apollo 13
Goldeneye
Twister
Independence Day
Lost World Jurassic Park
X Files
Do you have one of these games? Are you in the northwest Chicago suburbs? Will you lend me your game? If the answers to these questions are "YES!" then send me a private message.

Any interest in Sega Godzilla?
It could use better code.

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Any interest in Sega Godzilla?
It could use better code.

Yes please

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Maverick
Batman Forever
Apollo 13
Goldeneye
Twister
Independence Day
Lost World Jurassic Park
X Files

I have a sweet JP Lost World but it is beyond frustratingly difficult. New code making it easier to progress would be great! 6 months and I have never completed more than 1 mode in any one game.

#412 1 year ago

This is pretty interesting, if I were closer I’d let you borrow my wwfrr. Just curious, why do you focus on segas? Are they easier to code? Or generally shallow rulesets?

#413 1 year ago

Any chance South Park would be a candidate for a new code?

7 months later
#414 1 year ago

Does anyone have files to make reproduction labels for common game labels for sega games? Such as the power box label etc?

1 month later
#415 1 year ago

Question - just got my repaired Baywatch CPU board back in my machine after MONTHS of it gathering dust.........and noticed that a pin got broken off of CN21 the sound drive ribbon cable (pin 19)placement . Bummer, as it probably got broken by the repair guy.

Anyway, can this game operate with that missing pin? I assume this will affect the sound somehow.

I am thinking this is the correct replacement:

20 pin .1 inch terminal spacing dual male pin connector.

Reference: 045-5015-01

Second question, how difficult is it to replace that 20 pin dual header connector? Can you snip the pins close to the board to make desoldering the small remainder a bit easier, that is, instead of having to pull the entire 20pin group out at once...........

Thanks!

baywatch 20 pin (resized).jpgbaywatch 20 pin (resized).jpg
#416 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
Would anyone have any of the Sega Showcase backbox head supports that you would part with?
My X Files is missing them.
Let me know!!

AA1A4E77-0D11-4095-A187-5DBD81E3612B (resized).jpegAA1A4E77-0D11-4095-A187-5DBD81E3612B (resized).jpegC7BBED6B-0621-4A46-B843-76579389763D (resized).jpegC7BBED6B-0621-4A46-B843-76579389763D (resized).jpegEC0DA19C-0BB7-4BD7-8BA6-B9D9BD7634DD (resized).jpegEC0DA19C-0BB7-4BD7-8BA6-B9D9BD7634DD (resized).jpeg
#417 1 year ago

Love my Maverick always did great game and a keeper for sure always fun too play ,I owned all the big dmd game and they are all great games too play and own

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Question - just got my repaired Baywatch CPU board back in my machine after MONTHS of it gathering dust.........and noticed that a pin got broken off of CN21 the sound drive ribbon cable (pin 19)placement . Bummer, as it probably got broken by the repair guy.
Anyway, can this game operate with that missing pin? I assume this will affect the sound somehow.
I am thinking this is the correct replacement:
20 pin .1 inch terminal spacing dual male pin connector.
Reference: 045-5015-01
Second question, how difficult is it to replace that 20 pin dual header connector? Can you snip the pins close to the board to make desoldering the small remainder a bit easier, that is, instead of having to pull the entire 20pin group out at once...........
Thanks!
[quoted image]

it ain't broken (yet)
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Data_East/Sega#Missing_or_Broken_Pins_on_the_MPU-to-Sound_Connector

#419 1 year ago

Wow! Thanks a ton for finding this!! That's really great news, and I love your reply, "it ain't broken (yet)!"

You saved me some headaches for sure! Thanks again - great news.

-Nate

9 months later
#420 5 months ago

Seems like this thread might be dead but I will try anyway. My Baywatch DMD is flaky and I was thinking about replacing it with a color one. I am seeing a big price difference and was wondering if anyone had any experience here.

ColorDMD is $549

https://shop.colordmd.com/x-led-192x64-replacement-display-for-baywatch-pinball-machines/

Pin2DMD (AU) is $223

https://retrocity.com.au/products/pin2dmdxl?gclid=CjwKCAiAmZGrBhAnEiwAo9qHiQoHN3GojyG0z5fxfaYH4Z6tp7-J8nfORQkg71VuEzsYEOBRBedl0RoCdPIQAvD_BwE&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&variant=43230180868329

I have never used Pin2DMD which is Australian but they say they ship internationally.

#421 5 months ago

A friend if mine has a P2DMD in his Baywatch and it's awesome save your cash

#422 5 months ago

I have both. The ColorDMD is really worth it if you can swing the coin! I give the Pin2DMD (on this particular title) a tepid "meh".

#423 5 months ago

Thanks for the advice.

#424 5 months ago

I always feel bad getting rid of the old DMD, what do you guys do with them? Is there some kind of refurbishment market I can donate them to?

#425 5 months ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I always feel bad getting rid of the old DMD, what do you guys do with them? Is there some kind of refurbishment market I can donate them to?

sell them for maybe up to $200

#426 5 months ago

I'm cleaning a friend's newly acquired Viper Night Drivin' and noticed the Display controller board was just sitting in the backbox door and not mounted to the back of the DMD, with a piece of cardboard in between them. I'd appreciate if someone could take some pictures of what is mounted to the back of the DMD that the display controller board is mounted on so I can get them on order. Looking through some of TNT Amusement videos, I can see metal spacers on the right side and wonder how long they are.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.95
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.