Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by TheCnyPinGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200w.gif
    #1 34 days ago

It’s with great sadness that I must report that our community has lost a great friend. I’m not sure if it was today or yesterday but I got the call that Harry is no longer with us. Though I’m very sad, I’m glad he is at piece. He had been suffering from a disorder for a few years. Most everybody at the Allentown or York shows knew him. He was everybody’s friend and huge fan and supporter of the hobby. He was a huge help to us at the show for many years. He helped until he couldn’t anymore.

He was a great friend and mentor to me. I will miss our conversations.

R.I.P Harry!

Ivan

#2 34 days ago
    200w.gif200w.gif
    #3 34 days ago

DAMN!!!!
    RIP pinrayhji

Harry was a pleasure to talk to. He gave me a huge collection of PinGame Journals and some other magazines about 4 years ago. I’m so grateful for those PGJs. He was an awesome guy, very sad to hear of his passing.

#4 34 days ago

Sad to hear! Harry was a great guy and will miss seeing him at the show.

#5 34 days ago

So sad to read this. Harry was a true gentleman and sold me my 1960 Nags back in 2013, the deal couldn't have gone smoother. RIP.

John

#6 34 days ago

Have not seen him in a few years ... he was a good dude. RIP Harry

#7 33 days ago

Sad to hear, Harry picked up a game at my place many moons ago. After that I would always look for him at the show to chat for a minute and say hello. Nicest guy you would ever want to meet.

#8 33 days ago

Was Harry the tall guy who always wore a cowboy hat?

#9 33 days ago
    Quoted from cjpins:

Was Harry the tall guy who always wore a cowboy hat?

No

#10 32 days ago

Rest in peace my friend. I will miss our conversations and us meeting up on the boardwalk in North Wildwood for morning coffee. The hobby has lost another great.

#11 31 days ago

This hobby is a little less great whenever we as a community lose some of the truly good people in it. And in the last few years, we have lost many of them.

Harry was one of those good people.

It was in April 14 years ago that Harry delivered a hard to find '65 Williams Lucky Strike after I decided to buy it from him. The sale could not have been smoother and Harry even delivered it after a 2.5 hour drive, to make sure that it would be lovingly cared for in its new home, set up properly and correctly dialed in for that vintage of a game.

That was in my earlier days of being in the hobby and it was such a great experience early on to deal with such a wonderful guy who truly loved pinball.

It was always a pleasure to catch up with him working the door at either Allentown and occasionally at York, seeing him as always helping others and also sharing his knowledge.

RIP Harry!

#13 30 days ago

Damn, sad news. RIP

#14 30 days ago

Sorry to hear that we met and dealt before years back

Believe he drove a PT Cruiser at the time and showed off how nicely a game fit

Was a wonderful conversationist and pleasure to chat with at shows

May he rest in peace

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-harry-irving-of-the-allentown-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.