Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

All 6 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.53.39 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.52.57 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.52.04 PM (resized).png
    20201101_160337 (resized).jpg
    the-name-of-the-rose.jpg
    Connery (resized).PNG
    F387708C-63E0-49FD-9CA1-44687E74E84B (resized).jpeg
    26C51BD7-68E4-42B2-8A37-C5BC3C9949B6 (resized).jpeg
    4C861DDF-98D2-478D-A8AA-B74A80A6F3A0 (resized).jpeg
    E0E2A0F8-CD77-42CD-8DEC-3DD0402A3621 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20201031-093625~2 (resized).png
    3_028-029_frwl_opt-7e46b255c056ad98ddadaaf87600e3423b954977-s800-c85 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Red October (resized).jpg
    1472046634-sean-connery-james-bond.gif
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

upvote the man downvote the death. RIP. life is too short even of you live to 90!!

#52 3 years ago

He had so many memorable movies and characters over the years. One of my favorites was Outland. He and Peter Boyle had some enjoyable scenes together, fun levels of back and forth comedic/menace. Connery had such as vast catalogue of work not all of his roles or moves were great, though a good many of them were. However, they were almost always interesting.

This little bit from Outland is one of the reasons I liked it so well:

“Because,.. Maybe they are right, they send me here to this pile of shit because they think I belong here. I want to find out if, their right. There’s a whole machine that works because everybody does what they are supposed to. I found out that I was supposed to be something I didn’t like. That’s what’s in the program that my little part in the rotten machine. I don’t like it. So I’m going to find out if their right.”

So many great memories at the movies, RIP

Connery (resized).PNGConnery (resized).PNG
    #53 3 years ago

Sean Connery:
    The Man Who Would Be King.
    RIP

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

He had so many memorable movies and characters over the years. One of my favorites was Outland. He and Peter Boyle had some enjoyable scenes together, fun levels of back and forth comedic/menace. Connery had such as vast catalogue of work not all of his roles or moves were great, though a good many of them were. However, they were almost always interesting.
    This little bit from Outland is one of the reasons I liked it so well:
    “Because,.. Maybe they are right, they send me here to this pile of shit because they think I belong here. I want to find out if, their right. There’s a whole machine that works because everybody does what they are supposed to. I found out that I was supposed to be something I didn’t like. That’s what’s in the program that my little part in the rotten machine. I don’t like it. So I’m going to find out if their right.”
    So many great memories at the movies, RIP
    [quoted image]

Outland is such a great film. I can't believe that it has been mostly forgotten over the years. It's basically High Noon in space, but the sets/production and science (too a degree) are fantastic. Sean is good in it as expected.

He had another one around this era, it was set in medieval times...Name of the Rose or something like that. I'll have to catch that again.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

He had another one around this era, it was set in medieval times...Name of the Rose or something like that.

Yes, The Name of the Rose, 1986. Medieval murder mystery. A pretty good movie.

the-name-of-the-rose.jpgthe-name-of-the-rose.jpg
    #56 3 years ago

So sad to hear about this. I grew up with James Bond movies and enjoy them quite often.

"Goodbye, Mr. Bond!"

(One of my favorite songs. I didn't know someone set it to a video...)

#57 3 years ago

An iconic actor and one of my favorites. I'm a huge Bond fan. My wife painted this for me and I just hung it in the game room a couple of weeks ago. So sad. I've always wanted to meet him.

20201101_160337 (resized).jpg20201101_160337 (resized).jpg
    #58 3 years ago

One ping only ... rip

#59 3 years ago

He was even in a Disney Movie early in his career: Darby O'Gill and the little people (1959).
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.52.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.52.04 PM (resized).png Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.52.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.52.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.53.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 12.53.39 PM (resized).png

#60 3 years ago

RIP 007!

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

He was even in a Disney Movie early in his career: Darby O'Gill and the little people (1959).
    [quoted image] [quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for posting this. I remember watching that movie as a kid, and I've all but forgotten about it.
    I flicked on Disney plus this evening and watched it through after seeing your post.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Thank you for posting this. I remember watching that movie as a kid, and I've all but forgotten about it.
    I flicked on Disney plus this evening and watched it through after seeing your post.

I think that was the movie that got him to screen test for Bond.

It's one of the best Disney live action films.

#63 3 years ago

Sean Connery was THE best Bond.

I really liked how he was unashamedly not politically correct and when confronted by the likes of Baba Wawa, didn't take any guff and can be seen in this funny
    1 minute interview he did with her several years ago. =)

#64 3 years ago

Is Sean Connery gonna have to choke a bitch?

#65 3 years ago

Rest in peace Sean and Roger

All 6 (resized).jpgAll 6 (resized).jpg

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

Rest in peace Sean and Roger
    [quoted image]

The two best by a mile.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

The two best by a mile.

Totally. Timothy Dalton is 3rd for me.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

The two best by a mile.

Quoted from Mike_J:

The two best by a mile.

I love Sean Connery and it might be inappropriate to say this right now,but Danial Craig is the best Bond and Sean is first from my childhood.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I love Sean Connery and it might be inappropriate to say this right now,but Danial Craig is the best Bond and Sean is first from my childhood.

Interesting to hear the different takes.
    My wife thought Craig wasn’t attractive enough to play Bond when compared to all of the previous actors.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-bond/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.