IMG_3753 (resized).jpg
20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
20230902_143322 (resized).jpg
20230902_124820 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8003 (resized).png
There are 1,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 37.
#1801 8 months ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

Looking for an original centre drop target plastic for Quicksilver. Happy to buy a partial or full used set to get one. Thanks.
[quoted image]

I can make you one using water slide decals. It won't be like the real deal but it won't look bad. PM me if interested.

#1802 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can make you one using water slide decals. It won't be like the real deal but it won't look bad. PM me if interested.

Thanks for the offer, I do have a repro plastic currently in the game that's ok, but was hoping to find an original plastic to complete the rest of the set which are perfect.

#1803 7 months ago

My Quicksilver arrived in a Seawitch cab for safekeeping and my cab isn't here yet so I promptly shuffled it over into a different Witch cab to put some games on it.

Unfortunately my Witch cabinet apparently has a Bally receiver so I had to pull one of the hangers off (it's still level, somehow, but I put a prop rod under it to help support it for the time being).

I'll probably pull it back out soon and wait for my cab to get here. But the allure of putting a few games on it was just too great to resist!

20230902_124820 (resized).jpg20230902_124820 (resized).jpg20230902_143322 (resized).jpg20230902_143322 (resized).jpg20230903_112757 (resized).jpg20230903_112757 (resized).jpg
#1804 7 months ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

so I had to pull one of the hangers off (it's still level, somehow, but I put a prop rod under it to help support it for the time being).

You have 4 play field support brackets. Two brackets are supporting the front. You really don't even the need the hangers to hold the play field up. Their main purpose is for the lockdown bar to clamp down on them and hold the play field tight to the receiver. And also prevent side-to-side movement in the cab.

#1805 7 months ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

My Quicksilver arrived in a Seawitch cab for safekeeping and my cab isn't here yet so I promptly shuffled it over into a different Witch cab to put some games on it.

I didn't know that a Quicksilver playfield fit in anything other than a Wild Fyre. Always something new to learn.

#1806 7 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I didn't know that a Quicksilver playfield fit in anything other than a Wild Fyre. Always something new to learn.

The play fields are all the same size. The cabs, for the most part, are all the same size. You can swap your Quicksilver and Seawitch play fields into the different cabs, Then swap the MPUs, plug everything in, and start playing.

That particular Seawitch cab is a mess with sidewalls warped inward, making it hard to lift the play field as it drags on the sides of the cab

My Fantastic Pinball Seawitch play field is now loaded on the rotisserie and my Hot Hand cab, soon to be Seawitch cab, got its first coat of primer yesterday. My Pinball Pimp stencils arrived today. My plan is to shoot the light blue color coat on the cab this Saturday, then the dark blue with the black wave accents on Sunday. And then apply the clear on Monday. All depending on the weather.

Making sure the play field support brackets are evened up and that the play field is sitting level in the cab.

IMG_3753 (resized).jpgIMG_3753 (resized).jpg

IMG_3760 (resized).jpgIMG_3760 (resized).jpg

The ugly sidewalls on that Witch cab.

IMG_3746 (resized).jpgIMG_3746 (resized).jpg

IMG_3748 (resized).jpgIMG_3748 (resized).jpg

IMG_3747 (resized).jpgIMG_3747 (resized).jpg

#1807 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The play fields are all the same size. The cabs, for the most part, are all the same size. You can swap your Quicksilver and Seawitch play fields into the different cabs

I was making a joke about all of the Wild Fyre's that were sacrificed to make much better classic Sterns.

4 months later
#1808 87 days ago
#1809 87 days ago

To be clear, this auction is just for the unpopulated play field. The pin has a replacement play field and is not part of the sale.

#1810 87 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

To be clear, this auction is just for the unpopulated play field. The pin has a replacement play field and is not part of the sale.

Correct! Sorry for not being clearer!

#1811 86 days ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Correct! Sorry for not being clearer!

I'm betting that is was a blown out play field that was sanded smooth and clear coated.

#1812 86 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm betting that is was a blown out play field that was sanded smooth and clear coated.

No picture of backside shown.

#1813 86 days ago

There was a guy that brought a Quicksilver to Chicago Expo and claimed it was the whitewood prototype. People pointed out that the playfield had a burn mark from where the artwork was sanded down. A whitewood would not need to be sanded down. This may be the same controversial pin.

#1814 86 days ago

It’s the same playfield. Same burn mark from sanding and shooter lane blowout from the prop rod poking through.

Original discussion starts here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-quicksilver-2#post-5268365

#1815 86 days ago

Quoted from cottonm4:To be clear, this auction is just for the unpopulated play field. The pin has a replacement play field and is not part of the sale.

Well that sucks.

#1816 85 days ago

Just posted one for sale if anybody is interested

1 week later
#1817 74 days ago

Does anyone know who this is? And/or have ordered a lamp panel from them?

ebay.com link: itm

#1818 74 days ago

They’re great quality. Have ordered 4 or 5 panels from him. You’ll need* to paint it white though.

*Need vs want, my best take is the white panel helps distribute the light better.

#1819 73 days ago

Quicksilver now at The Pinball Palace

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1820 73 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

They’re great quality. Have ordered 4 or 5 panels from him. You’ll need* to paint it white though.
*Need vs want, my best take is the white panel helps distribute the light better.

Awesome thanks!

1 month later
#1821 32 days ago

finally starting my quicksilver build. excited

#1822 32 days ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Sweet! What are you starting with?

#1823 32 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Sweet! What are you starting with?

a Meteor

#1824 32 days ago

Sweet! The QS I have was built out of a 9 ball. Good luck with the build. Make sure to share some pics!

#1825 31 days ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I highly recommend you use bonded washers under the posts.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Sealing-Neoprene-Washers-BCP636/dp/B07K8WHRHN/ref=sr_1_3

Screen Shot 2024-03-31 at 7.56.01 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2024-03-31 at 7.56.01 AM (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1826 24 days ago

what ball deflector did some of you guys use for the saucer? only thing I'm missing so far.

#1827 23 days ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

what ball deflector did some of you guys use for the saucer? only thing I'm missing so far.

I cut down one from a black hole, still available from PBR.

Pinside_forum_6910935_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6910935_1 (resized).jpg
#1828 23 days ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Try this on from marco:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8250-05

#1829 23 days ago

I have that ordered, looks correct. Hopefully it's not like super huge bc they have no description of size for any of them on Marcos lol

#1830 23 days ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I have that ordered, looks correct. Hopefully it's not like super huge bc they have no description of size for any of them on Marcos lol

Actually, if it is a little wider that is better. The one I had was letting the ball get locked in between the the spinner post and the edge of the deflector.

1 week later
#1831 13 days ago

yea that saucer bracket was way to big lol. looks like I'll have to modify one to work.

1 week later
#1832 6 days ago

slowly getting there. almost ready for harness. just have rebound switches and spinners left to put on.

20240425_123718 (resized).jpg20240425_123718 (resized).jpg
#1833 6 days ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

slowly getting there. almost ready for harness. just have rebound switches and spinners left to put on.
[quoted image]

Get a Cliffy for that saucer hole.

#1834 5 days ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

[quoted image]

How is the play field? Are you having any pooling issues around any of the posts?

How long ago did you buy this play field? Is it fairly new from Mirco?

Thanks

#1835 5 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How is the play field? Are you having any pooling issues around any of the posts?
How long ago did you buy this play field? Is it fairly new from Mirco?
Thanks

I bought it in October last year. I don't see any pooling yet. I do have washers under the posts tho.

#1836 15 hours ago

Hello fellow Quicksilvarians. I posted in the Stern forum about an issue I'm having with my Quicksilver, sadly I'm yet to resolve the issue, so re-adding here in the hope some Quicksilver genius can lead me to glory. Apologies to those who have seen/responded to my previous post.

So...

Pin has been completely rebuilt, new rectifier board, boards were looked over with the MPU having repairs.

Turning on the pin, it sometimes boots correctly with 7 beeps, sometimes doesn't boot at all giving 0 beeps. However, if you turn off and turn on again it will often boot fine. Upon booting, it may play for a game or 3 or 5, then it crashes. Sometimes it boots, you start a game, it makes an audible noise, then the pin crashes.

Any thoughts? Cables? Boards?

#1837 15 hours ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Hello fellow Quicksilvarians. I posted in the Stern forum about an issue I'm having with my Quicksilver, sadly I'm yet to resolve the issue, so re-adding here in the hope some Quicksilver genius can lead me to glory. Apologies to those who have seen/responded to my previous post.
So...
Pin has been completely rebuilt, new rectifier board, boards were looked over with the MPU having repairs.
Turning on the pin, it sometimes boots correctly with 7 beeps, sometimes doesn't boot at all giving 0 beeps. However, if you turn off and turn on again it will often boot fine. Upon booting, it may play for a game or 3 or 5, then it crashes. Sometimes it boots, you start a game, it makes an audible noise, then the pin crashes.
Any thoughts? Cables? Boards?

I'd be looking hard at voltages.

Also a possibility: does the MPU have a Hatichi? CPU? Had an aftermarket board with crashing issues, swapping to Motorola fixed it.

#1838 13 hours ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'd be looking hard at voltages.
Also a possibility: does the MPU have a Hatichi? CPU? Had an aftermarket board with crashing issues, swapping to Motorola fixed it.

Thanks for the reply

There's a new rectifier board in there, so I'm assuming voltages at the source are all is ok, will double check. Any other area in mind to check voltages? Unsure on what brand CPU is installed, can check tomorrow. It's run flawlessly for 2-3 years, only started playing up recently.

#1839 9 hours ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Thanks for the reply
There's a new rectifier board in there, so I'm assuming voltages at the source are all is ok, will double check. Any other area in mind to check voltages? Unsure on what brand CPU is installed, can check tomorrow. It's run flawlessly for 2-3 years, only started playing up recently.

Check voltages on the MPU board
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Bally/Stern#MPU_Test_Point_Values

When you say rebuilt- have the male and female connector pins been replaced?

#1840 7 hours ago
Quoted from emsrph:

This. Also, the voltage to boot the MPU comes from the solenoid driver board. That means two connectors that can drop voltage enough to cause this issue. Had the same problem on my EBD and new crimps, connectors and pins fixed it.

#1841 3 hours ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Check voltages on the MPU board
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Bally/Stern#MPU_Test_Point_Values

Appreciate the link, will go through these today. Some of the problematic connectors were replaced/re-pinned when I restored the pin, will look into the remaining connectors.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

This. Also, the voltage to boot the MPU comes from the solenoid driver board. That means two connectors that can drop voltage enough to cause this issue. Had the same problem on my EBD and new crimps, connectors and pins fixed it.

I think you might be on the money with this, makes sense. Thanks

#1842 1 hour ago

So I've tested voltages on the MPU, Solenoid Driver and SB. All are within spec except the 190v on the Solenoid Driver is 180v. Cables visually look to be ok.

I'm delving a little deeper. When I'm able to get the pin to play, two occasions it was crashed with a noticeable solenoid hum. 1st time I was able to track in down to the 4 target bank coil locking on, albeit this target bank worked fine for several resets during the game. The next game was the 3 target bank locking on, again, the 3 target bank worked a number of times successfully before locking on. I've pulled off the solenoid board and both transistors check out ok.

What would cause random coils to lock on?

#1843 21 minutes ago

As voltages are ok it sounds like an MPU fault.
Try swapping U10 & U11 around & see if anything changes. Or alternatively try swapping in some known good U10/U11 PIAs 6821s from another game - stars?
Could try swapping in another solenoid driver board if you have to eliminate. .

#1844 2 minutes ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

As voltages are ok it sounds like an MPU fault.
Try swapping U10 & U11 around & see if anything changes. Or alternatively try swapping in some known good U10/U11 PIAs 6821s from another game - stars?
Could try swapping in another solenoid driver board if you have to eliminate. .

So it was:
Start game - Centre drop target coil locking on - crash
Reset game
Start game - Right side drop targets locking on - crash
Reset game
Start game - Outhole locking on - crash
Reset game

** These three "I think" have been the culprit for all previous fails ***

Swapped PIA's

Start game - Right flipper coil locking on - crash
Reset game
Reset game
Reset game

Quicksilver is the only Bally/Stern Electronics game I have at home sadly. Stars is at the old mans. All transistors check out ok, except the knocker which is a known issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.95
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 959.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.