(Topic ID: 354177)

Pro-Football (Gottlieb, 1973) game frequently starts on ball 2

By adkdcmorgan

29 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 29 days ago

My Pro-Football (Gottlieb, 1973) will reset and start a game, but I have an intermittent issue with the game starting on ball 2. Sometimes the game starts on ball 1 and plays as expected. More often than not, the game starts on ball 2. When it does, the game shows ball 1 and then moves to ball 2. The ball count unit coil is firing twice. The score motor runs until the back glass shows ball 2 after showing ball 1. I have thoroughly gone through the ball count stepper. The stepper unit seems to reset properly and the switches look good on the backside of the unit. The rivots are shiny and clean. The coils are have smooth operation and have clean coil sleeves. The alignment seems perfect with the reset off to the left of the first rivot. I checked the P relay (add ball count relay). Per recommendation on another thread, I checked and cleaned score motor switches on 4C. I also checked the start relay and the reset relays. What else should I try?

#2 27 days ago

Check score motor position 2 level B normally closed switch with blue-black & black-yellow wires. If this switch isn’t opening correctly then the P relay hold circuit won’t release allowing the score motor make another 1/3 revolution and adding another pulse to the ball count step up coil. Adjust switch if needed.

2 weeks later
#3 14 days ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Check score motor position 2 level B normally closed switch with blue-black & black-yellow wires. If this switch isn’t opening correctly then the P relay hold circuit won’t release allowing the score motor make another 1/3 revolution and adding another pulse to the ball count step up coil. Adjust switch if needed.

This was exactly the solution. That switch needed to be adjusted. All set! Thank you so much Dave!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-football-gottlieb-1973-game-frequently-starts-on-ball-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.