3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 68 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should pinside rank arcades?”

• Yes, it would be useful 17 votes
      53%
    • No, it will just cause useless debate 11 votes
      34%
    • Bring on the popcorn this will be wild 4 votes
      13%

(Multiple choice - 32 votes)

#1 3 months ago

I know the pin map shows where you can play pinball, but would it be useful to rank arcades? A top 100 arcade list would help people find new places that might be worthwhile.

Would anyone else like this feature added?

#2 3 months ago

People can have access to pinballs and arcade games, but not always to individual arcades...so it would likely have skewed numbers and local preferences.

Twippy has the "favorite pinball location" award, which always goes to hometown favorites.

#3 3 months ago

I like this idea. It would only bring more people to Pinside and Pinball.

Would like to see arcades more often in the classifieds as well.

I'm looking for a dedicated Williams Bubbles.

#5 3 months ago

I’m talking about a new tab at the top of the website, not just a forum topic. Something like the current top 100 games list. Something that’s voted on to populate the list and that changes with time as peoples opinions change.

#6 3 months ago

A quick YouTube search only serves up videos from years ago, before the PHOF moved to the new building

Arcade locations could be added to the pinside database like pinballs are now. We could submit pictures of inside the locations, people could write reviews of their experience, and rank the place on a range of attributes. There could be a couple aspects that could be ranked such as game condition, decor, cleanliness, staff politeness, accessibility of location, parking availability, etc.

#7 3 months ago

Bump for the love of arcade machines.
    The most successful arcades ARE diverse, not just beer n pins.
    Don't get me wrong, pinball = #1 in my books but, everyone reads a different book. So, to cater to that we should have a library.

#8 3 months ago

Monday bump. Hoping to get more votes in the poll

1 week later
    #9 88 days ago

I would love this, but not by voting. Just rank by number of pins.

2 weeks later
    #10 68 days ago
    Quoted from archimandrite:

I would love this, but not by voting. Just rank by number of pins.

Number of pins on location?

Number of pins on location that power on?

Number of pins on location that power on and properly maintained?

There’s a place close to my house with a lineup of 6 or 7 new Sterns and due to a card reader problem they were on free play for several months. Even before this they were in such poor shape I stopped going there even when I was able to play for $0

I’d drive greater distances to pay $1 - or more - per play with properly maintained equipment.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-top-100-arcades-in-the-world and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.