View topic image gallery

20230203_094621 (resized).jpg
20230203_094001 (resized).jpg
D838BDF9-7E99-49A6-A56D-81B6013C3AD8 (resized).jpeg
20230130_161025 (resized).jpg
20230130_160858 (resized).jpg
20230201_143526 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I'm running into an issue with my Pinbot ramp and am trying to diagnose the problem. It was working fine, then suddenly the ramp would get stuck in the up position at startup. I can hear the mechanism firing, trying to go back down, but seems somehow mechanically stuck (although I've verified that it's not actually stuck; I can manually release the spring latch).

On startup, the ramp goes up like it’s supposed to, but does not go back down when it pushes the ball out to the shooter lane. Instead, it keeps firing (5-6 times) then stops. Similar response if I play through and force the solar value (it tries, but can’t go back down after).

I’ve run the solenoid test several times, both with the ramp up and after I’ve manually released it back down. Both ways, it does not go back down at solenoid 06A.

I’ve gone through a similar previous post (below), and am not sure if the issue possibly stems from my Snubber relays (they're original) or something more mechanical with the mechanism itself. Either way, I'm open to any suggestions. As always, I really appreciate any input from this forum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-ramp-up-firing-constantly-at-game-start

20230130_160858 (resized).jpg20230130_160858 (resized).jpg20230130_161025 (resized).jpg20230130_161025 (resized).jpg20230201_143526 (resized).jpg20230201_143526 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Mine wasn’t going down all the way recently and it was part of the latch mech where I circled but other side, take the solenoid off and you will see wear on a piece of metal possibly.
I bent it about and got it working but also bought the little metal lift crank lock plate which I will replace when it goes wrong again.

This part had a groove worn into it but I bent mine and fixed it https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8390

D838BDF9-7E99-49A6-A56D-81B6013C3AD8 (resized).jpegD838BDF9-7E99-49A6-A56D-81B6013C3AD8 (resized).jpeg

#3 1 year ago

just looking at the 3rd picture, and the second/lower relay, there's a solder tab removed from the circuit board.....has a modification been done?

will have a look at the schematics

scrolled up and down repeatedly but sorry I can't see anything relating to the relays in the pics.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Mine wasn’t going down all the way recently and it was part of the latch mech where I circled but other side, take the solenoid off and you will see wear on a piece of metal possibly.
I bent it about and got it working but also bought the little metal lift crank lock plate which I will replace when it goes wrong again.
This part had a groove worn into it but I bent mine and fixed it https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8390
[quoted image]

Very interesting. Just looking at the entire armature assembly with the lift crank lock plate from Marco (and the manual blowout on Pg. 46), I can see that the plate is supposed to be level. Mine looks slightly bent (even in the picture); I'll take it out and get a closer look. Thanks!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-11139

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

just looking at the 3rd picture, and the second/lower relay, there's a solder tab removed from the circuit board.....has a modification been done?
will have a look at the schematics
scrolled up and down repeatedly but sorry I can't see anything relating to the relays in the pics.

No mods on the relays that I know about (but I'm not the original owner). I think the top relay is the one for the ramp, but I could be wrong. Not phenomenal at reading schematics (yet), so I'll be interested what you find (and the page number, if you don't mind, so I can make the reference). Thanks.

#6 1 year ago

I couldn't find anything in the manual/schematics showing the relays and wiring of them in your pics.

Maybe the manual is missing a page or 2 or maybe I am ?

Need someone else with a Pinbot to upload a pic or 2 of their relays.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

[quoted image]

You were spot-on; it was mechanical. When I took off the armature arm plate, there was clearly a "groove" worn into it. I filed it down a bit and put it back. Seems to work now, but is somewhat clunky at times (may have to replace it at some point). But thanks so much for your help!

20230203_094001 (resized).jpg20230203_094001 (resized).jpg20230203_094621 (resized).jpg20230203_094621 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-ramp-won-t-go-back-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.