(Topic ID: 206863)

OT: Oak Island....Are you watching?

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240426_153028 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1407 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1405 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1402 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1400 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    bobboy dazzler (resized).png
    oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    miriam (resized).jpg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2946 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 2,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 46.
    #2201 39 days ago

I fell asleep 10min into last nights episode. What did I miss?

#2202 39 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I fell asleep 10min into last nights episode. What did I miss?

Let me think…other than another screwball theorist who claims he knows the Ark of the Covenant is buried there, not a damn thing. We all know the Ark of the Covenant is stored in a large government warehouse.

IMG_0635.jpegIMG_0635.jpeg
    #2203 39 days ago

Another episode full of "teasers". The cliff hanging "Oh My God Look At That", turns out to be another metal spike.

And the U-Boat series seems to be following suit... snoozing...

#2204 39 days ago

But this time it was a metal spike WITH wood. If only they could find another ox shoe...

#2205 39 days ago

It’s amazing that no one knows what a silver teapot spigot looks like.

#2206 39 days ago

Ugh… I haven’t watched this week’s episode yet…. Maybe I should skip it

#2207 38 days ago

I'm watching the 3 minute catch up vids on each episode on you tube.
    Then decide if it's worth background noise.
    Other neat ones are the New Saqqara pyramid search, and cave of bones, both on Netflix.
    Hawsss shared pics in his lecture of new, unique burials, and a new passage found in khufu pyramid. These will show up later this year.
    Production ongoing on a Treasure Shipwreck as well.

#2208 33 days ago

I thought tonight's episode of Oak Island was extremely boring.

#2209 33 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I thought tonight's episode of Oak Island was extremely boring.

Tonight's?

#2210 33 days ago

Well, honestly, this was the first episode I have watched in several weeks. For a long time, I have been watching other stuff, and just checking in here to see if I missed anything.

At least for a while the show did have Miriam, now when they show the women there, reminds me of pigs/hogs that used to be on my granddads farm.

Oh, and best I can tell from this episode they will be going to Europe again to learn more.

Don't get me wrong, I will still always watch the show, or at least read about it here, they have me hooked.

#2211 32 days ago

I see the garden shaft was filling up with water so likely they'll call it done due to triggering the flood trap.

#2212 32 days ago

I seem to fall asleep 10min into each episode. I did see some blue soil. That was pretty exciting.

#2213 32 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I see the garden shaft was filling up with water so likely they'll call it done due to triggering the flood trap.

At least they told us that the water was salty. That was a lot of water entering the tunnel. I am glad that I wasn't the one at the bottom of the shaft!

#2214 32 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am glad that I wasn't the one at the bottom of the shaft!

Yeah it was coming up quickly and you could tell just by the urgency in their voices to get out. Perhaps they may be capable of pumping it low enough to plug it who knows

#2215 32 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Yeah it was coming up quickly and you could tell just by the urgency in their voices to get out. Perhaps they may be capable of pumping it low enough to plug it who knows

Yeah I don’t think they faked that for dramatic effect

#2216 32 days ago

When you ask AI to generate a picture of Miriam Amirault from oak Island, this is how it looks...

miriam (resized).jpgmiriam (resized).jpg
    #2217 31 days ago

According to AI, this is what the Oak Island Treasure looks like:

oak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).pngoak_island_treasure_box_ai2 (resized).png
    #2218 31 days ago

Could it be?

#2219 31 days ago
    Quoted from matcp:

According to AI, this is what the Oak Island Treasure looks like:[quoted image]

That's hilarious. Well done!

#2220 31 days ago
    Quoted from matcp:

According to AI, this is what the Oak Island Treasure looks like:[quoted image]

Needs more ox shoes...

#2221 31 days ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Needs more ox shoes...

And tiny pieces of pottery.

#2222 31 days ago

And “Pooter”

#2223 30 days ago

More Bobby Dazzlers

bobboy dazzler (resized).pngbobboy dazzler (resized).png
    #2224 30 days ago

The way this show is going, and with about six or so episodes left, this season is over.

I don’t think anything exciting or noteworthy will happen.

#2225 30 days ago

I think that the layer of boards at the bottom of the garden shaft is not a collapse as they theorize. I think that it may be one of the platforms in the money pit. If they were to drill straight down 10 feet, they may find another platform with who knows what sitting on top of it.

#2226 28 days ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I think that the layer of boards at the bottom of the garden shaft is not a collapse as they theorize. I think that it may be one of the platforms in the money pit. If they were to drill straight down 10 feet, they may find another platform with who knows what sitting on top of it.

VO Guy: "Could it be? May that be a platform from the original Money Pit? What could be there on it? Is there another level below this one? What could they find on it?"

#2227 26 days ago

I thought the episode tonight was very boring, and now they must be thinking the same thing, because the biggest thing planned at the moment is another road trip to Europe.

The best part was the commercials for the Skinwalker Ranch show coming again soon, and that show isn't really that great either, I like the Blind Frog Ranch shows better, but really, The Floor was more entertaining to me anyway, and I hope that show comes back on again.

#2228 25 days ago

Last nights episode, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#2229 25 days ago

The show is done for the season. As well as The Hunt for German U-Boats. Another snooze fest. Don't waste your time watching it. Nothing substantial was found.

#2230 24 days ago

I tuned in, but didn't pay attention unless I heard something interesting. I can't even tell you what the episode was about.

#2231 23 days ago

It was pretty dull. I've watched this show so much I feel like they should know me if they saw me in person somewhere.

Found a possible large "placed" boulder in the swamp to substantiate the latest theory of the Nolan's Cross/Tree of Life analogy.

They will fixate on anything to keep it interesting as they can but it was a super snoozer by my standards.

#2232 23 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I thought the episode tonight was very boring, and now they must be thinking the same thing, because the biggest thing planned at the moment is another road trip to Europe.

Yep, I’m sure the trip to Europe was the idea of the show’s producers realizing that they needed material for episodes as they hadn’t found anything of interest.

#2233 23 days ago

It’s laughable that they found the well in the swamp but wouldn’t let Gary run the metal detector over it.

#2234 23 days ago

Thankfully the narrator explained what a crossbow was. I had no idea what it was before this past Tuesday.

#2235 23 days ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Thankfully the narrator explained what a crossbow was. I had no idea what it was before this past Tuesday.

Oh, I must have been in the bathroom and missed that part. What is a crossbow?

Seriously though, I hope that narrator is paid well, because you know even he has to be bored to death, saying the same shit over and over.

#2236 22 days ago

I was out, and heard a persons phone ring.....the notifier, was the Announcers voice...."Could it be Templar treasure, the ark of the covenant?!"....It really sounded funny in the middle of home depot.

#2237 22 days ago

Last night I watched one of my other fav shows: Gold Rush White Water. Guys do some crazy shit in the pursuit of gold

#2238 21 days ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Yep, I’m sure the trip to Europe was the idea of the show’s producers realizing that they needed material for episodes as they hadn’t found anything of interest.

These trips should actually be done during off season for recovery, just a waste of what precious time we have left of the year to go across the world and look at stone carvings. That can be done during the winter.

#2239 21 days ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

These trips should actually be done during off season for recovery, just a waste of what precious time we have left of the year to go across the world and look at stone carvings. That can be done during the winter.

They might be doing it over the winter. They don't always show things in chronological order.

#2240 21 days ago

The show we are watching now, would of been recorded last summer and fall of 2023. It is currently spring, and there would be fairly cool temperatures for filming in.

#2241 21 days ago

I thought next week’s showed us a preview of them over seas with the ohhh and ahhhs again, Rick, Alex, Doug and someone else. They can save these for the winter and do a special historical background episode update. Meantime dig dig dig while we can

#2242 21 days ago

I think the current state of things is how the series will eventually end. They find constructs done by people a long time ago, but they never find out why they were built. They find some interesting artifacts left by people, but they never know who these people were. They have several different people present theories, but they can never prove any of them. And finally, they never find a big treasure, and no one really knows if there was ever any treasure to begin with.

#2243 20 days ago

I was playing old school Dungeons and Dragons (Treasure of Tarmin) on the Intellivision.

I came across this and immediately the narrator of Oak Island was in my head.

“A crossbow? In Dungeons and Dragons? Could this be the same crossbow used both in the video game and on the island?”

IMG_1236 (resized).jpegIMG_1236 (resized).jpeg

#2244 19 days ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I was playing old school Dungeons and Dragons (Treasure of Tarmin) on the Intellivision.
    “A crossbow? In Dungeons and Dragons? Could this be the same crossbow used both in the video game and on the island?”
    [quoted image]

Nice! Emulated or original hardware?

#2245 19 days ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

I loved that game.

#2246 19 days ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

That is a legendary game. It had to be the first real crawler game on a console. I actually played it recently... remember the "books" that allowed you to turn things into gold and platinum?

Intellivision had some really cool games.... did anyone play Utopia? Maybe I should start a thread!

#2247 19 days ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

My favorite along with TRON Deadly Discs!

#2248 19 days ago
    Quoted from Oneironaut:

I loved that game.

One of the best! My dad loves it too.

Quoted from Miguel351:

Nice! Emulated or original hardware?

Emulated on a Raspberry Pi. Looks great on a 65” TV.

Did you play Advance D&D as well? Going through those caves, hearing the snake hissing, but not knowing where he is. Gives me anxiety every time.

IMG_1400 (resized).jpegIMG_1400 (resized).jpegIMG_1402 (resized).jpegIMG_1402 (resized).jpeg

#2249 19 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

That is a legendary game. It had to be the first real crawler game on a console. I actually played it recently... remember the "books" that allowed you to turn things into gold and platinum?
    Intellivision had some really cool games.... did anyone play Utopia? Maybe I should start a thread!

The three books were awesome:

1. Blue book let you go through walls and doors.

2. Pink would allow you to see enemies and items through walls.

3. Purple would allow you to upgrade war items and armor to its max (platinum as you said).

My goal the other day was to max out everything in the least amount of level as possible. Did it at 39 of 256. I played it on easy so I didn’t have to spend days doing it.

IMG_1302 (resized).jpegIMG_1302 (resized).jpeg
    #2250 19 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Did anyone play Utopia?

Quoted from vdojaq:

My favorite along with TRON Deadly Discs!

Not to spam this thread with Intellivision, but one of my favorites was Bump N Jump. I also loved Pinball on the Intellivision.

IMG_1403 (resized).jpegIMG_1403 (resized).jpegIMG_1405 (resized).jpegIMG_1405 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1407 (resized).jpegIMG_1407 (resized).jpegIMG_1406 (resized).jpegIMG_1406 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-oak-islandare-you-watching/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.