Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2839 (resized).jpg
IMG_2837p (resized).jpg
#1 4 months ago

Hi ... I recently purchased an Orbitor 1 ... Working through some issues ...

Current issue > No voice / speech

I noticed in owner's manual > Dip switch 17 turns talking On or Off ... I flipped 17 on and off a few times and still no speech ... Any ideas ?

Other current issue > None of the #44 bulbs under the PF are lighting ... (I don't think they were when I bought it)

I have not changed any bulbs so some may be burned out but sure they are not all burned out ... The fluorescent "tube" light was not lighting and I noticed the black plastic tube type fuse holder was broken ... So I got a new one and just soldered it in ... Was hoping the #44's were on the same fuse > but still no 44's lighting ... All fuses on rectifier board test good ... Only fuse I see under the PF is in the front (and think it for the solenoids...??? ) and it is testing good when I put leads of multimeter on the fuse ends and when I put them on the fuse holder clamps ...

Is there another fuse I didn't see ?

What else could cause this ?

ALSO > there is one "extra" connector in the lower left side of back box (see attached photo)... I looked and do not see any place this could be connected to a board ... Is this the problem?

THANK YOU in advance for any help you can give !!!

IMG_2837p (resized).jpgIMG_2837p (resized).jpg
#2 4 months ago

slochar replied

"That [connector] is for the speech board you have to connect the harness from the mpu to the lamp board to the speech board and then there's a short jumper cable from the speech board to the upper left connector of the lamp driver."

Paraphrased > "That will most likely fix the lamp and the speech problem"

#3 4 months ago

Quench sent this photo

IMG_2839 (resized).jpgIMG_2839 (resized).jpg
#4 4 months ago

slochar > You nailed it !!! Quench > The photo helped too ! THANK YOU guys so much (for helping me again ) !!!! WOW ... That was a productive day of pinball fixing !!!! Still a couple more issues ... But looking forward to playing Orbitor 1 tomorrow !

P.S. That connector was not connected when I bought the pinball (I remember when I took the head off I thought "That is strange" ... but when I set the pinball back up at my house > I looked for a place to plug it in and didn't see anywhere) ... Now I put new batteries in my flashlight ... and thinking it might be time to get some new eye glasses too

#5 4 months ago

Please stop making new threads, respond in your old threads, and consolidate them into one

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Please stop making new threads, respond in your old threads, and consolidate them into one

At the suggestion of slochar > I consolidated the 2 threads (speech problem and thread for no PF lights) into this (one) thread as they turned out to be related (i.e. same fix) ... Maybe you saw the old threads while I was making the 1 new thread AND before I deleted the 2 old ones ??

I did not consolidate my 1st thread about the game not booting because it was a totally separate issue (that issue was "solved" so I marked it "resolved" ... My thought is if someone is searching for a solution to a problem > why would they want to have to read through a thread that has multiple different issues all discussed in the same thread ? By posting each problem separately, it increases the chance they can find a related "fix" and saves them time figuring out the solution. Also. by posting each problem separately, it increases the chance that someone will respond that knows how to fix that issue ... (i.e. someone might not have know how to fix "game won't boot" but when they see a separate post for "no pf lights" they may know how to fix/troubleshoot that issue).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/orbitor-1-problem-gt-no-speech-no-lights-under-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.