IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
There are 2,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.
#2251 43 days ago

Updating the code on a prototype will brick it and doubt anyone at AP has the code to restore it. It uses a different LED system than production, a month other differences.

I had told ownership not to sell them. I did do one update for it after we did our major update and polish, because I felt bad for those who had purchased one.

#2252 43 days ago
Quoted from rosh:Updating the code on a prototype will brick it and doubt anyone at AP has the code to restore it. It uses a different LED system than production, a month other differences.
I had told ownership not to sell them. I did do one update for it after we did our major update and polish, because I felt bad for those who had purchased one.

rosh if you make to SFGE would love to buy ya beer and talk about all the makings of Oktoberfest!

#2253 42 days ago

Thank you very much, guys.
I think, the decision is now clear….
I‘ll buy a new one…

Servus aus München
Michael

2 weeks later
#2254 29 days ago

Frohe Ostern!

IMG_9338 (resized).jpegIMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
#2255 29 days ago

Picked up a new shooter rod at the Louisville Arcade Expo from Super Skill Shot Shooters, when the shooter spins the foam in the beer moves around as well, it's super cool. Everyone loves the addition to the game and it's surprisingly fixed an issue I had been having reliably hitting the skill shot. I guess you could say that Inga helps me get it all the way up now

Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpgOktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg

oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpgoktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg

#2256 29 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Picked up a new shooter rod at the Louisville Arcade Expo from Super Skill Shot Shooters, when the shooter spins the foam in the beer moves around as well, it's super cool. Everyone loves the addition to the game and it's surprisingly fixed an issue I had been having reliably hitting the skill shot. I guess you could say that Inga helps me get it all the way up now

Yep - I've enjoyed that upgrade as well. Nice feel and has my favorite Oktoberfest bier frau photo as well!

Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg

#2257 24 days ago

The last few weeks I have been having issues with my Oktoberfest with random balls kicking out of the trough and causing the computer to get confused. After checking every switch, connector, and every mechanical part in the machine it ended up being slightly magnetized balls. Ball Baron to the rescue!

#2258 24 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The last few weeks I have been having issues with my Oktoberfest with random balls kicking out of the trough and causing the computer to get confused. After checking every switch, connector, and every mechanical part in the machine it ended up being slightly magnetized balls. Ball Baron to the rescue!

Had the same issue and the same fix. Between the Mag Nabs and the Oktoberfest magnets it gets beat up with them.

#2259 23 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Still in the queue... we have an upcoming GTF code update in the next couple weeks, then I'll be able to focus on Oktoberfest and Hot Wheels updates again.

Any new news on or next update?

#2260 23 days ago

I just found a bug that I have not experienced before but is easily repeatable. I was showing someone how to play the game and got to the Tap it! mode. As I was explaining how the mode worked, without hitting any buttons, the machine went into ball search and then spit out a ball as the video mode started. When the ball drained, the mode ended with a ball lost. This surprised me as I always in the past have hit both buttons to skip the lengthy explanation and go right into the mode. But as I didn't this time, it went into ball search and evidently ended with a lost ball. The game wouldn't even let me finish the video mode. The only setting related that I have changed from the very beginning is Selection Timeout set to medium. I did that when I first got the game to help me choose the mode I wanted as a beginner.

With more settings manipulation it seems to only do this when Selection Timeout is set to medium. When set to long or off it doesn't do this. I did not try it on fast but assume it is fine.

Would anyone like to verify this bug?

#2261 23 days ago

Just wanted to give props to Maurice at AP, had a membrane switch issue in my barrel lock, he had a replacement out and delivered to me two days later that resolved my phantom locking ball issue. Love this game, looking forward to some code updates to address some of the game lock ups we've been having the last week.

Any tips btw to get this to load faster, faster SSD? Upgraded Micro PC? It's my slowest booting game at the house.

#2262 23 days ago

Any tips btw to get this to load faster, faster SSD? Upgraded Micro PC? It's my slowest booting game at the house.

It has more to do with the code. Apparently they re-wrote the entire sequence starting with Hot Wheels in order to make it faster. My HW could boot 4 times in the time OKT loads once.

#2263 22 days ago

Hi is this most recent code with co-op mode known to have issues freezing up?
I got this game for location & it was pretty much new with only 500 plays and newer build, first had issues and thought it was membrane switch but it was magnetized balls. Seemed fine and put it in our beer store and within first week had reports of it freezing up and having to power off/on. Now still getting issues of freezing up and I'm being told they're hearing lost ball protocol too but not finding a ball.
So could this meant that membrane switch is indeed messing up and if so can that cause the game to freeze up and have to be powered down? Thanks

#2264 21 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hi is this most recent code with co-op mode known to have issues freezing up?
I got this game for location & it was pretty much new with only 500 plays and newer build, first had issues and thought it was membrane switch but it was magnetized balls. Seemed fine and put it in our beer store and within first week had reports of it freezing up and having to power off/on. Now still getting issues of freezing up and I'm being told they're hearing lost ball protocol too but not finding a ball.
So could this meant that membrane switch is indeed messing up and if so can that cause the game to freeze up and have to be powered down? Thanks

Possibly yes. Talk to LTG to be sure. Check setting is ON for “lock switch compensation” that may help. Membranes do some funky crap when they mess up. I have mentioned about taking the glass off and rolling a ball into each of the locks during a switch test to see that they register. If ball 1,2, or 3 in the barrel or coaster lock doesn’t actuate or is finicky there might be an issue with that membrane. Switch test screen and lock compensation for starters.

#2265 21 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Talk to LTG to be sure.

Best check with Maurice at AP. I don't have my game yet.

LTG : )

#2266 21 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Possibly yes. Talk to LTG to be sure. Check setting is ON for “lock switch compensation” that may help. Membranes do some funky crap when they mess up. I have mentioned about taking the glass off and rolling a ball into each of the locks during a switch test to see that they register. If ball 1,2, or 3 in the barrel or coaster lock doesn’t actuate or is finicky there might be an issue with that membrane. Switch test screen and lock compensation for starters.

Ok thanks I’ll start with that switch test. Yes I do remember when trouble shooting the magnetized ball issue that I saw the compensation setting was ON. And also the setting for locked balls to be released at game over was On.

#2267 21 days ago

Would be really cool if some of the 3D printer masers could create a new barrel (or coaster) ball trough and convert the membrane switches to classic microswitches. Wiring should be the same to wire it into the connector.

#2268 21 days ago

Would be really cool if some of the 3D printer masers could create a new barrel (or coaster) ball trough and convert the membrane switches to classic microswitches. Wiring should be the same to wire it into the connector.

I believe Ap said at one point that they were working on a standard switch setup for the membrane switches but that was a while ago.

#2269 21 days ago

We are. (that is if I can include myself in with the "3D printer masters"...) I've been keeping quiet on this as I don't want to get everyone's hopes up. The beer barrel lock in particular has a lot of space to work with something and this is what I'm looking at right now. Well, "right now" being "when I have time". The coaster lock unfortunately is more space and visibility (as in you don't necessarily want to see something ugly up there) constrained.

Don't hold your breath, but hopefully I'll have something released this year.

#2270 21 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

We are. (that is if I can include myself in with the "3D printer masters"...) I've been keeping quiet on this as I don't want to get everyone's hopes up. The beer barrel lock in particular has a lot of space to work with something and this is what I'm looking at right now. Well, "right now" being "when I have time". The coaster lock unfortunately is more space and visibility (as in you don't necessarily want to see something ugly up there) constrained.
Don't hold your breath, but hopefully I'll have something released this year.

You're god tier in my opinion, though that's mainly because I don't understand it and you helped me out before IDK if I/we can do anything to help but if so shoot me a PM.

#2271 19 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I did switch test on both barrel and coaster and they checked out fine. Played a half dozen games and locked balls in the barrel and drained and locked more and did multiball all was fine….until the whole game freezes up again on another customer.

#2272 18 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It has more to do with the code. Apparently they re-wrote the entire sequence starting with Hot Wheels in order to make it faster. My HW could boot 4 times in the time OKT loads once.

For me OKT is a masterpiece, except for the boot-up time. Completely re-architecting the code probably isn't feasible. I don't know why it takes so long. Are they reading gobs and gobs of executable code from the SSD, serially? Are there delays waiting for things to initialize? I'd like to see a priced add-on that somehow dramatically speeds up the slow part.

#2273 18 days ago

I got a fix.

Don't turn it off

#2274 16 days ago

NEWS FLASH

When I originally purchased a couple of spares they were $22.95 ea. Lately they they were selling for $74.95 ... now $105.

Now that's price gouging!! Thanks AP for taking advantage of those customers who purchased one of your games and have to replace a switch that was deemed "flaky" from the start. Way to go.

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
#2275 15 days ago

Ok so this Freeze Up just happened to me, was on ball 2, no multiball locks & just normal play and the machine froze): backbox light out and flippers dead and just these handful of inserts lit. Have to power off and back on, and this is the version I’m on.
This is not ok behavior for on location so thanks for any help!

IMG_0455 (resized).jpegIMG_0455 (resized).jpegIMG_0457 (resized).jpegIMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
#2276 15 days ago
Quoted from FlipperMeister:

NEWS FLASH
When I originally purchased a couple of spares they were $22.95 ea. Lately they they were selling for $74.95 ... now $105.
Now that's price gouging!! Thanks AP for taking advantage of those customers who purchased one of your games and have to replace a switch that was deemed "flaky" from the start. Way to go. [quoted image]

I ordered one of these over a month ago and never got any shipping notification. Also sent a follow up email a few day ago with no reply, so not quite sure what's going on with it.

#2277 15 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Ok so this Freeze Up just happened to me, was on ball 2, no multiball locks & just normal play and the machine froze): backbox light out and flippers dead and just these handful of inserts lit. Have to power off and back on, and this is the version I’m on.
This is not ok behavior for on location so thanks for any help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it possibly an issue with the high voltage interlock switch behind the coin door? If that trips you’d lose power to the coils etc. LTG

#2278 15 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Is it possibly an issue with the high voltage interlock switch behind the coin door? If that trips you’d lose power to the coils etc. LTG

It freezes the display screen, over half the gi and insert lights go out, the backbox light goes out, and nothing is response - also no tilt or ‘high voltage disabled/coin door open’ message on the display

#2279 15 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

It freezes the display screen, over half the gi and insert lights go out, the backbox light goes out, and nothing is response - also no tilt or ‘high voltage disabled/coin door open’ message on the display

seems like a computer hardware issue freezing up and causing the watchdog to kick in disabling coils and no longer updating LEDs. If a software crash the game would restart. SSD, memory, cpu hard to know

#2280 15 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

seems like a computer hardware issue freezing up and causing the watchdog to kick in disabling coils and no longer updating LEDs. If a software crash the game would restart. SSD, memory, cpu hard to know

Ok thanks, I guess its on to AP service for this one...

#2281 13 days ago

Just found the best sign to hang over my pin. Looks hand-painted. Maybe a one-off? 44" tall!

20240415_145920 (resized).jpg20240415_145920 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2282 6 days ago

Hi My Oktoberfest has started rebooting itself in the middle of a game. Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you fix this?

Thanks

Chris

#2283 6 days ago
Quoted from PinChris:

Hi My Oktoberfest has started rebooting itself in the middle of a game. Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you fix this?
Thanks
Chris

Likely a power issue. Is the game re-starting or is the computer re-booting? If the latter, then it is likely the 12V supply if it is the former, I'd first suspect the 5v but could also be the 12v.

#2284 6 days ago

Got my highest score yet last night. Probably not as good as many of you but was enough to take second on Best of the Fest for my machine. Also got Speedy Scoring Champ and Beer Barrel Champ. Fun times! Finally figuring out some techniques. Never letting this one go.

IMG_1833 (resized).jpegIMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
#2285 5 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Anyone else have any ideas on this for me?
It’s been over a week since I submitted a service email to AP and still no reply.
Thanks

#2286 5 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Likely a power issue. Is the game re-starting or is the computer re-booting? If the latter, then it is likely the 12V supply if it is the former, I'd first suspect the 5v but could also be the 12v.

Thanks- The game is restarting. Are you suggesting I need a new power supply?

#2287 5 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

It’s been over a week since I submitted a service email to AP and still no reply.
Thanks

Josh is the one who programmed this machine. If he’s saying computer hardware based, that’s what I would trust. Is the freeze repeatable? Does it happen after a certain length of time that the machine is on? Does it happen if you shake the cabinet? If it were me I’d remove the backglass and unscrew the monitor. Gain access to the computer and check all the connections. Free up slack and make sure no wires are pinched or pulling out of their ports. Keep pestering AP. Call or email Maurice. LTG should also be able to escalate your ticket.

IMG_1866 (resized).jpegIMG_1866 (resized).jpeg
#2288 5 days ago
Quoted from PinChris:

Thanks- The game is restarting. Are you suggesting I need a new power supply?

I suggest first pulling logs right after it happens and ask Ferret to check the end of the log to confirm that it is not some odd software issue and in some cases the log can shed light on a power issue if it is the control system disconnecting as a result of low power.

#2289 5 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Thanks

If you have another AP game, and are out of warranty, and depending on which game, you can swap computers (moving the ssd) and see if the problem moves, stays, etc. which would likely shed some light. You could also take a shotgun approach and try new memory as that is the easiest thing to replace.

Since LTG monitors these threads he might be able to check what is going on with your ticket .

#2290 5 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Since LTG monitors these threads he might be able to check what is going on with your ticket .

I don't have access to the ticket desk. Best contact them with the ticket number.

#2291 5 days ago

I’m sorry. I guess I don’t understand how this works.

IMG_1878 (resized).jpegIMG_1878 (resized).jpeg
#2292 5 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m sorry. I guess I don’t understand how this works.

I would suspect since Maurice sends parts, there is sensitive information in there like credit cards, that there is no reason for me to be in there.

Still three phones, email, and people stopping in. I do remote tech support, but can't send parts. Same for other companies I help or have helped.

#2293 5 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would suspect since Maurice sends parts, there is sensitive information in there like credit cards, that there is no reason for me to be in there.
Still three phones, email, and people stopping in. I do remote tech support, but can't send parts. Same for other companies I help or have helped.

My experience in the forums has been seeing you bump it up the chain when people haven’t heard a response. Maybe that was just for CGC. My mistake for suggesting it.

#2294 5 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Maybe that was just for CGC.

CGC I am in the ticket desk. Parts are sent there but from someone else. I don't have access to account info type stuff.

jjp initially I could request parts to send but that changed too.

#2295 5 days ago

Hey Ballderdash
I got my second NIB Oktoberfest in 2/23 (sold my first one during early Covid) and I had a reset issue out the box. It was a connector to the power supply under the playfield that was just a little too short because of the tightness of the cables. Once it got fixed I have never had an issue since and it's been rock solid on route.
I unboxed it at the bar it's at right now and have had only one other issue (the lock membrane has NEVER worked), but I was able to bypass it in the menu.

Oktoberfest gets a lot of play and goes toe-to-toe in earnings with the Spike 2s that are next to it.

Lloyd, if you can be the miracle worker and help a brother out with a new membrane that would be cool. I sent a ticket in 3/23 but never heard back.

#2296 5 days ago
Quoted from DK:

Lloyd, if you can be the miracle worker and help a brother out with a new membrane that would be cool. I sent a ticket in 3/23 but never heard back.

Try email - [email protected] let them know details and ticket #.

#2297 4 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

If you have another AP game, and are out of warranty, and depending on which game, you can swap computers (moving the ssd) and see if the problem moves, stays, etc. which would likely shed some light. You could also take a shotgun approach and try new memory as that is the easiest thing to replace.

Thanks again for your help! I pushed in every connector I could get access to last weekend in the cab and under the pf, especially the power supply. I did not take the monitor out though, I will do that next to reseat those connections. I do have a Hot Wheels too, the only issue is these are on location and it makes it a bit trickier for testing time with my schedule and for being able to pull logs right after an incident. I'll circle the AP wagons and make a better effort on my end to get in touch.

I need an intern to drink beers on the house and play 10-20 games in a row every day, anyone interested?(:

#2298 4 days ago
Quoted from DK:

Hey Ballderdash
I got my second NIB Oktoberfest in 2/23 (sold my first one during early Covid) and I had a reset issue out the box. It was a connector to the power supply under the playfield that was just a little too short because of the tightness of the cables. Once it got fixed I have never had an issue since and it's been rock solid on route.

Since this weekend I have not had a report of it freezing, doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but yesterday my Mgr said no one had complained about it since then. I'm wondering if my reseating the connections to the power supply in the cabinet resolved it similarly to this experience above.

#2299 3 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Since this weekend I have not had a report of it freezing, doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but yesterday my Mgr said no one had complained about it since then. I'm wondering if my reseating the connections to the power supply in the cabinet resolved it similarly to this experience above.

Presume that was/is the issue
Check the connectors to the transformer. I had the same issue with my Pabst Can Crusher lol

#2300 3 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I do have a Hot Wheels too,

You can use a HW computer (if a non HP version) in either Houdini or Oktoberfest, but not vice versa (well, it would likely run, but the LCD would likely have a lot of issues)

Quoted from ArcadeBar:

the only issue is these are on location and it makes it a bit trickier for testing time with my schedule and for being able to pull logs right after an incident.

The system will keep logs for the last 10 boots, so you should be fine pulling it within a day or so of a crash being reported. Just a bit easier when knowing it was the last log. Not sure if anyone at AP other than Ferret knows how to decrypt and look at logs.

Freezing less likely to be a power related issue than a restart.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.