Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2161 (resized).JPG
IMG_2160 (resized).JPG
#1 9 months ago

Picked up a Monopoly and it has an odd issue with the DMD where not all images display correctly, but most do. The DMD test looks mostly good. Two pixels in the upper right do not light up at full brightness. In the attached images, the first one is during a 4 player game and you can see that the scores are not readable for players 1, 3, 4, and team 2 total score. However, the second image, everything looks just fine.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? The display rom an older version and I have the latest version on order.

IMG_2160 (resized).JPGIMG_2160 (resized).JPGIMG_2161 (resized).JPGIMG_2161 (resized).JPG
#2 9 months ago

For a start. I would turn the game off, and then reseat any and all ribbon cables - both ends, from DMD to where ever it goes.

Then see if you gained ground.

LTG : )

#3 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start. I would turn the game off, and then reseat any and all ribbon cables - both ends, from DMD to where ever it goes.

Then see if you gained ground.

Looks like three - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4505&picno=35159&zoom=1

#4 9 months ago

Reseated everything, no change. There appears to be two levels of brightness for the pixels, and it's the dim setting that is not working correctly.

#5 9 months ago

I worked on a Wheel of Fortune with the same issue and turned out to be the DMD. You can move the power and data ribbon cable over to another to test while you hold the DMD along the edges of the DMD while you turn on the game. You don't want to touch the back of the DMD as you will get shocked

#6 9 months ago

I was afraid that might be the issue. I have a buddy with a machine, I'll see if he'll let me borrow his DMD, or take mine to him and test in his machine. uggg

#7 9 months ago

Yeah, the display is probably outgassing and needs to be replaced. That's a tell-tale sign when the dim dots no longer light consistently or start flickering.

#8 9 months ago

Yep, moved the DMD to a different pin and it behaved the same way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-all-images-display-correctly-on-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.