IMG_9146 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9147 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
TP_NE_Boss_8Gashadokuro_V01 (resized).jpg
TP_NE_Boss_5Tengu_V01 (resized).jpg
IMG_0115 (resized).png
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 32 days ago

If people keep insisting that Turner make the machines and have them ready to pick up before they purchase them, that's a recipe for failure and Turner will never have a chance to succeed.

#202 31 days ago

Dup

#203 31 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

If people keep insisting that Turner make the machines and have them ready to pick up before they purchase them, that's a recipe for failure and Turner will never have a chance to succeed.

Youve got to he kidding, its not our responsibility to ensure Turner success.

#204 31 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Youve got to he kidding, its not our responsibility to ensure Turner success.

I never said people should buy this, just stating Turner is in a bad spot to succeed.

#205 31 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Username checks out...Barrels of Fun did that just a few months ago and seem to be doing fine.

#206 30 days ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Username checks out...Barrels of Fun did that just a few months ago and seem to be doing fine.

You can do a lot of stuff if you have the financial backing to do it.

And you need a lot of financial backing to prebuild 100 games.
The lack thereof is a problem, because the customer has to take a leap of faith… wich didn‘t end well with other pinball endeavours.

#207 30 days ago

I think if they were able to build a few and get them out of the door and they have good reviews then it sets the stage for buyers to come on board. BOF did the same they prebuilt a bunch of cabinets and had them ready to go for launch and then took preorders for the rest. If there is a balance and a new manufacturer can take on some risks and deliver a few machines immediately upon release then they will get the credibility and reputation of trust that they can actually deliver the preorders in a reasonable timeframe. If there would have been availability or the public seen that they had a bunch of these that went out on location then I could have been a buyer but standing in line for a pre-order hoping these get built is a recipe for disaster as too many manufacturers have not followed through. Not Turner’s fault but in the end new manufacturers are going to have prove themselves in this market now for my business.

#208 24 days ago

Looks like a great game, well done. Any chance you might bring some games to Pintastic in Massachusetts? I know it's a hike but...

#209 22 days ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Looks like a great game, well done. Any chance you might bring some games to Pintastic in Massachusetts? I know it's a hike but...

He actually just said on Facebook today or yesterday that the Midwest Gaming Classic is the only show they have booked at this time

#210 22 days ago

<

Quoted from pins4life33:

I think if they were able to build a few and get them out of the door and they have good reviews then it sets the stage for buyers to come on board. BOF did the same they prebuilt a bunch of cabinets and had them ready to go for launch and then took preorders for the rest. If there is a balance and a new manufacturer can take on some risks and deliver a few machines immediately upon release then they will get the credibility and reputation of trust that they can actually deliver the preorders in a reasonable timeframe. If there would have been availability or the public seen that they had a bunch of these that went out on location then I could have been a buyer but standing in line for a pre-order hoping these get built is a recipe for disaster as too many manufacturers have not followed through. Not Turner’s fault but in the end new manufacturers are going to have prove themselves in this market now for my business.

Not really. BOF sold hundreds on days 1 and 2 before anyone ever got their hands on it. They still, today(6 months in) are only delivering day 1 orders(around #150 or so, even though they have sold at least 600) . They didn't really prove shit before most of us put our money down. And at this rate looks like they'll be holding onto my $2300 day 3 direct order for 9+ months before I even have an idea of when I'll get it.

BOF isn't the shining example we originally thought they were

#211 22 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

<

Not really. BOF sold hundreds on days 1 and 2 before anyone ever got their hands on it. They still, today(6 months in) are only delivering day 1 orders(around #150 or so, even though they have sold at least 600) . They didn't really prove shit before most of us put our money down. And at this rate looks like they'll be holding onto my $2300 day 3 direct order for 9+ months before I even have an idea of when I'll get it.
BOF isn't the shining example we originally thought they were

Sorry to read you're not pleased with your transaction experience thus far. Have they not kept up with any stated terms, or were you just hoping to get the game sooner than you have or expect to?

#212 22 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Sorry to read you're not pleased with your transaction experience thus far. Have they not kept up with any stated terms, or were you just hoping to get the game sooner than you have or expect to?

I am not necessarily displeased, I mean new pinball company says they're gonna make 1000 games in 1 year, skepticism required. I am surprised they are still building day 1 orders, but that's just because we didn't know how many there were.

I do think they could be a lot more transparent. So far all they've done is "invoice # will ship by end of month". No one has any clue how invoice corresponds to machine #, so if your game isn't planned to be produced that month, you have no idea where you are inline.

I think if they simply said "hey thanks for trusting us with your money, you are machine #nnn" and then every month say "we are making about x per month, and #mmm just left the warehouse" that would be great, and at least let people approximate when they might get their game.

The main point of my post above is to argue with the posters statement "BOF had many on launch". No, they had 10. And good reviews of those 10 did not set the stage for further orders. Most games had been ordered before anyone ever received even a pre-built one.

I just see it often used now as a golden example of what pinball companies should do, and I mean I guess it's better than CGC taking money 9 months before production or Turner taking money 6 months ago before they even finalized the design(maybe nobody preordered that one), but it's far from ideal.

#213 21 days ago

Staying busy at MGC. If you’re at the show, come give it a play!

IMG_7618 (resized).jpegIMG_7618 (resized).jpegIMG_7619 (resized).jpegIMG_7619 (resized).jpeg
#214 21 days ago
Quoted from DOOOMTRAIN:

Staying busy at MGC. If you’re at the show, come give it a play!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Play the game blueberry says is fun!

#215 19 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:I am not necessarily displeased, I mean new pinball company says they're gonna make 1000 games in 1 year, skepticism required. I am surprised they are still building day 1 orders, but that's just because we didn't know how many there were.
I do think they could be a lot more transparent. So far all they've done is "invoice # will ship by end of month". No one has any clue how invoice corresponds to machine #, so if your game isn't planned to be produced that month, you have no idea where you are inline.
I think if they simply said "hey thanks for trusting us with your money, you are machine #nnn" and then every month say "we are making about x per month, and #mmm just left the warehouse" that would be great, and at least let people approximate when they might get their game.
The main point of my post above is to argue with the posters statement "BOF had many on launch". No, they had 10. And good reviews of those 10 did not set the stage for further orders. Most games had been ordered before anyone ever received even a pre-built one.
I just see it often used now as a golden example of what pinball companies should do, and I mean I guess it's better than CGC taking money 9 months before production or Turner taking money 6 months ago before they even finalized the design(maybe nobody preordered that one), but it's far from ideal.

There starting to ship ?

#216 19 days ago

I put my deposit down for one after seeing the new cabinet and pricing. My only critique, is that they went away from the molded castle to acrylics. I would pay a little more to have the large castle back. I thought it was a nice center piece to the play field. More and more new pinballs are going away from the large plastics and I still think they are cool. Labyrinth did a good job with them. All in all, I’m excited for this pin and a fresh IP.

#217 19 days ago
Quoted from Wmattson:

I put my deposit down for one after seeing the new cabinet and pricing. My only critique, is that they went away from the molded castle to acrylics. I would pay a little more to have the large castle back. I thought it was a nice center piece to the play field. More and more new pinballs are going away from the large plastics and I still think they are cool. Labyrinth did a good job with them. All in all, I’m excited for this pin and a fresh IP.

Reach out to Turner and ask if they can make them for us and price them out. I've been in touch with Chris many times and recently with Brad (Dooomtrain). They're friendly, open to ideas, and have a genuine desire to please their customers.

I also would like them and willing to pay.

#218 19 days ago

Played it at MGC and found it mostly enjoyable. Wish I had gottem a little more time on it though.

#219 19 days ago
Quoted from Wmattson:

I was told they might make the molded castle as add on if buyers wanted it later on.

#220 19 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Reach out to Turner and ask if they can make them for us and price them out. I've been in touch with Chris many times and recently with Brad (Dooomtrain). They're friendly, open to ideas, and have a genuine desire to please their customers.

That would be awesome and I would pay in advance.

#221 18 days ago

On TurnerPinball.com/News we will be posting some additional articles related to the game. Here's the latest one, which briefly goes over the backstory of the protagonists in the pin, and some bits about developing the comic (which has the full backstory, and will be included with each pinball machine), and a few other things:

https://turnerpinball.com/posts/the-heroes-of-ninja-eclipse/

TurnerPinballNews (resized).jpgTurnerPinballNews (resized).jpg
1 week later
#222 9 days ago

I played this at MGC and really enjoyed it. If this were in a local arcade I'd spend a good deal of time with it.

#223 7 days ago

Sharing the latest CT interview for all the Turner Troops in the Turner Pinball Platoon!

#224 6 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Sharing the latest CT interview for all the Turner Troops in the Turner Pinball Platoon!

Chris Turner, If you see this message id appreciate it if you can send me a PM. I look forward to connecting.

#225 6 days ago

Email: [email protected]

Or

DOOOMTRAIN here on Pinside

There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninja-eclipse-hype-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.