• Latest reply 7 years ago by Hop-Pac
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170309_122725 (resized).jpg
20170309_122750 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

NEW Repro Bally AS-2518-51 Sound Boards

Added: 2017-03-08 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (June 24th, 2017) • Ended: August 5th, 2017
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 85 (Firm)

Price is firm

I am excited to announce that I have new reproduction Bally AS-2518-51 (dash 51) sound boards for sale. Brand new plug and play board. Includes your licensed Bally game EPROM.

$85 shipped fully assembled with your game ROM installed.

PS: Repro Bally MPUs are shipping. I also have -50 Sound Board, Lamp driver with LED support, rectifier, and some more stuff in the works. Stay tuned!

Item photos

20170309_122750 (resized).jpg
20170309_122725 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are barakandl's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to barakandl's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Columbus, OH, US

#2 7 years ago

impressive.

#3 7 years ago

Nice, looks good

The hitch in reproducing sound boards is usually trying to source amplifiers and sound generators/processors/synthesizers--did you have any big trouble obtaining those components for this board?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nice, looks good
The hitch in reproducing sound boards is usually trying to source amplifiers and sound generators/processors/synthesizers--did you have any big trouble obtaining those components for this board?

The AY-3-8910 sound generator does most of the magic for this board. I had to hunt for a good source, but nice used pulls can be found in bulk for a good price. Seems like GI made a lot of these sound chips and was used for a wide range of years. The LM3900 quad op amp is still available. Same with the TDA2003 amp. Otherwise the PCB is quite simple.

#5 7 years ago

Nice!

#6 7 years ago

Work with stock and alltek?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Work with stock and alltek?

yeah!

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nice, looks good

Also about the sound gen. If sourcing the part becomes troubling. I think i can make some yamaha sound gens (like YM2149F) work. There is also a DIP28 (ay-3-8912) version of this device that should work too since IO-B ports are not used on this sound board.

#8 7 years ago

Believe it or not, the AY-3-8910 is still used today by most of the "Crane" machine manufacturers in China/Taiwan. Most of the board seem like they are designed by the same person just altered a bit for each company. Or they simply like to rip off the root design of someone else's design.

The Chinese/Taiwan boards use a chip with a logo that says File (FILFACT). The Chip part number is KC89C72. The date code on the one I am looking at is 0723. Under the chips, its even screened 8910.

ebay.com link: 10PCS KC89C72 Encapsulation DIP 40

Also, the same goes for the OKI 6295 ADPCM Speech/Sound SMT chip used by others like Gottlieb it is still available and is simply labeled U6295.

ebay.com link: U6295 Manu OKI Encapsulation QFP 44

#9 7 years ago

Excited for all of your products! Keep up the good work!

#10 7 years ago

Awesome man!!!

#11 7 years ago

So awesome to have all these options. Thanks for all the hard work Andrew!

#13 7 years ago

Now just get to work on the Squawk and Talk sound board. No breaks for you!!!!!!!!
Please, Please, Please!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Now just get to work on the Squawk and Talk sound board. No breaks for you!!!!!!!!
Please, Please, Please!

Can't do that one unless someone figures out how to adjust the ROMs to work with the TMS5220 speech chip.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Can't do that one unless someone figures out how to adjust the ROMs to work with the TMS5220 speech chip.

There's always a work around for everything. Just needs to be figured out.

#16 7 years ago

maybe one of the MAME guys could help. Some Atari games like Gauntlet used the TMS5200.

The TMS5220 is close, but not quite compatible. They are also far more common and less expensive. You can hardly even find TMS5200 anymore. They where also made in the era of TI chips that just rot away from crappy IC leg plating. Fairchild is guilty of this too in the same time period.

#17 7 years ago

I purchased one of these and received it today. Installed without a hitch and it works perfectly. Now I have ALL new boards in my Silverball Mania

#18 7 years ago

Will you be at the Ohio Pinball Show?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Will you be at the Ohio Pinball Show?

Likely on Saturday.

3 weeks later
#20 7 years ago

Just installed mine. Works great. Thanks

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-repro-bally-as-2518-51-sound-boards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.