UFO_2_(resized).jpg
JD_5_(resized).jpg
JD_4_(resized).jpg
JD_3_(resized).jpg
JD2_(resized).jpg
JD_1_(resized).jpg
MEAN_FISH_2_(resized).jpg
MEAN_FISH_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

NEW PRODUCT lit roll-over drop target

Added: 2016-03-05 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (April 17th, 2016) • Ended: June 21st, 2016
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 50 (Firm)

Price is firm

I've come up w/ a great mod to replace the dark/hard to see roll-over drop targets.

Introducing the lit drop target.

This will work in the following games: NF,T2, Space Station, AFM, FishTales, IJ, RFM, Radical, Safe Cracker, SWE1, JD, JM, TS, WOZ, Pinball Circus, STTNG, BSD

This kit consists of the pre-wired 555 lamp socket and dual-flex LED, (Comet)...(ships w/ white LED ONLY) I've included a few pics of different colored LED installed for reference only.

The drop target was cnc machined from Polycarbonate.

Price: $50/shipped, continental US

Contact me, if interested.

Item photos

DSC_2489_(resized).JPG
DSC_2488_(resized).JPG
DSC_2487_(resized).JPG
DSC_2485_(resized).JPG
BLANK_(resized).jpg
BLANK2_(resized).jpg
DSC_2455_(resized).JPG
DSC_2456_(resized).JPG
DSC_2490_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are indypinhead's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to indypinhead's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Indianapolis, IN, US

#2 8 years ago

More pics...

DSC_2520_(resized).JPGDSC_2520_(resized).JPG

DSC_2518_(resized).JPGDSC_2518_(resized).JPG

DSC_2515_(resized).JPGDSC_2515_(resized).JPG

DSC_2510_(resized).JPGDSC_2510_(resized).JPG

DSC_2508_(resized).JPGDSC_2508_(resized).JPG

DSC_2504_(resized).JPGDSC_2504_(resized).JPG

DSC_2500_(resized).JPGDSC_2500_(resized).JPG

DSC_2497_(resized).JPGDSC_2497_(resized).JPG

DSC_2494_(resized).JPGDSC_2494_(resized).JPG

#3 8 years ago

Cool.

Could it work on Defender?

#4 8 years ago

Some screen captures of some of the text/images that are machined into the drop target face:

FISH_(resized).jpgFISH_(resized).jpg

INDIANA_JONES_(resized).jpgINDIANA_JONES_(resized).jpg

JUDGE_DREDD_(resized).jpgJUDGE_DREDD_(resized).jpg

NO_FEAR_(resized).jpgNO_FEAR_(resized).jpg

RFM_(resized).jpgRFM_(resized).jpg

STAR_WARS_(resized).jpgSTAR_WARS_(resized).jpg

STAR_(resized).jpgSTAR_(resized).jpg

T2_(resized).jpgT2_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Cool.
Could it work on Defender?

I don't know....

This is a replacement drop target for P/N 03-8033 or 03-8750

#6 8 years ago

Defender has a ton of drop targets.
Several are roll over.
2 are right in the middle of the playfiled

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Defender has a ton of drop targets.
Several are roll over.
2 are right in the middle of the playfiled

I've never seen a Defender in person...Not sure if this will work or not. I didn't see that pin listed on the list of pins that use this drop target. There may be a few other titles that use this drop target that I'm not aware of.

#9 8 years ago

Very cool if you could see the one on BSD I would want one of these

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Very cool if you could see the one on BSD I would want one of these

I have a BSD...just haven't installed one in it yet. By its' location, I still don't think you'll see the drop target, even if it's lit.

#11 8 years ago

Just got off the phone w/ Art at Comet...

What a great guy to work with.

It's truly a pleasure talking with someone that has a sincere interest in your work. He has such a passion for pinball. His excitement for my work is genuine.

#12 8 years ago

Just realized my screen capture models were missing the return spring clearance notches...

BLANK_(resized).jpgBLANK_(resized).jpg

BLANK2_(resized).jpgBLANK2_(resized).jpg

FISH_(resized).jpgFISH_(resized).jpg

INDIANA_JONES_(resized).jpgINDIANA_JONES_(resized).jpg

JUDGE_DREDD_(resized).jpgJUDGE_DREDD_(resized).jpg

RFM_(resized).jpgRFM_(resized).jpg

SHADOW_(resized).jpgSHADOW_(resized).jpg

STAR_WARS_(resized).jpgSTAR_WARS_(resized).jpg

STAR_(resized).jpgSTAR_(resized).jpg

T2_(resized).jpgT2_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The drop target was cnc machined from Polycarbonate.

I don't own any games that could use these, but I love seeing properly machined parts instead of 3D printed ones. 3D printing is awesome for certain tasks, and especially rapid proto work, but it's just not really good enough for a lot of final products. So good for you.

#14 8 years ago

Thanks Aurich,

I agree...3-D printers are great for certain circumstances, but the surface finish sucks. 3-D printers have taken a lot of work away from me in my normal line of work...(medical prototyping/test equipment).

#15 8 years ago

Just played a few games on IJ, FT, and TS w/ these installed.

Due to the locations of the drop targets on TS and FT, (view of the target somewhat blocked by existing plastics), you can really tell if the target is up or down during gameplay. The top surface on the drop targets are REALLY lit up...you can easily tell when the target is up or down.

Have to admit...I'm pretty impressed.

But that's just me....I made 'em.

#16 8 years ago

wow! very, very cool

#17 8 years ago

Looking for some input....

The current design is only for the single drop target assembly.

I'm wanting to be able to light up the 3-bank drop target for IJ, but that's going to involve some creative design to either use the existing mounting holes on the coil bracket, or coming with some other way of easily attaching a light bracket that will utilize a 7 LED strip.

Due to my current workload in the shop, I won't be able to get this for a few weeks.

What I'm seeking input on is this:

I'm looking for a 3-word phrase that ties into the theme well. My goal is to machine each word, (as long as it's not too long), into each of the 3 targets in the center PF area.

Any ideas?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

wow! very, very cool

Thank you!!!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Looking for some input....
The current design is only for the single drop target assembly.
I'm wanting to be able to light up the 3-bank drop target for IJ, but that's going to involve some creative design to either use the existing mounting holes on the coil bracket, or coming with some other way of easily attaching a light bracket that will utilize a 7 LED strip.
Due to my current workload in the shop, I won't be able to get this for a few weeks.
What I'm seeking input on is this:
I'm looking for a 3-word phrase that ties into the theme well. My goal is to machine each word, (as long as it's not too long), into each of the 3 targets in the center PF area.
Any ideas?

The only suggestion I would have is maybe to try and stay away from text. What about outlines of Sankara stones or the idol, coiled whips, or holy grails? Personally, I like the Sankara stones because they glowed at points during the movie.

#20 8 years ago

or a three word phrase: "Fortune and Glory"

#21 8 years ago

Is there a memory version of this drop target? (As in the second coil to drop the target when needed)

Also is this a complete assembly (coil and bracket / etc)? I'd be interested in several for a few home brew projects if so.

--Cappi

#22 8 years ago

Those look great! Cyclone uses 03-8033 as well, and has a single rollover drop target at the Spookhouse entrance.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

Is there a memory version of this drop target? (As in the second coil to drop the target when needed)
Also is this a complete assembly (coil and bracket / etc)? I'd be interested in several for a few home brew projects if so.
--Cappi

This mod is only for the parts in the picture.

DSC_2489_(resized).JPGDSC_2489_(resized).JPG

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Those look great! Cyclone uses 03-8033 as well, and has a single rollover drop target at the Spookhouse entrance.

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't aware of that.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

The only suggestion I would have is maybe to try and stay away from text. What about outlines of Sankara stones or the idol, coiled whips, or holy grails? Personally, I like the Sankara stones because they glowed at points during the movie.

That can be somewhat easily done.

Not sure how the final product will look though.

It will be a few weeks before I can re-visit this project due to my worklaod in the shop.

#26 8 years ago

Very cool....thanks for offering as so far this was only available for

http://mezelmods.com/collections/star-trek/products/st-target

#27 8 years ago

What a great idea! Looks fantastic!

#28 8 years ago

Beautiful

#29 8 years ago

For CC, bad guys.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't own any games that could use these, but I love seeing properly machined parts instead of 3D printed ones. 3D printing is awesome for certain tasks, and especially rapid proto work, but it's just not really good enough for a lot of final products. So good for you.

Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks Aurich,
I agree...3-D printers are great for certain circumstances, but the surface finish sucks. 3-D printers have taken a lot of work away from me in my normal line of work...(medical prototyping/test equipment).

I agree that the 3d printing industry has made a disruption in machine shop industry. I do agree 3D printing does not work for all finished products, but I do have to tell you Aurich, we have done pretty well with number of final products people continue to be delighted with. A lot of our products would not exist if 3d printing was not available, alternatives can just be too expensive.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

--Cappi

Terry (Pinball Life) just recently got these these single Drop Targets remade :
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3803
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3990

Kim

#32 8 years ago

This is very, very cool. Here's a few of my ideas on it.

Traditional drop targets are made of a plastic that is somewhat brittle. I have replaced a several IJ and PM drop targets because they broke. Since these are made of polycarbonate, they should be unbreakable. Will there be any adverse effect with these?

I can think of several games that have 3 or more drop targets that would be very cool with these. At $50 each, that could seriously add up. Is the $50 each price point set in stone, even if you did 3 or more targets for a single game?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I agree that the 3d printing industry has made a disruption in machine shop industry. I do agree 3D printing does not work for all finished products, but I do have to tell you Aurich, we have done pretty well with number of final products people continue to be delighted with. A lot of our products would not exist if 3d printing was not available, alternatives can just be too expensive.

Don't get me wrong, 3D printing is very cool, and I have some of your 3D printed products on my games. But I'm just picky about the surface finish 3D printing can have, they're just not the same as machined parts.

#34 8 years ago

I see you have JM listed as one of the options. Which design is for JM?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I see you have JM listed as one of the options. Which design is for JM?

At this point, I'm shipping plain targets for all of the machines on the list.

The reason...having a blank target will allow the purchaser to apply a decal, if they'd like. I'd love to provide various decals for these targets, but I have no graphic art capability.

Having text/artwork on the target face does create more reflective surfaces for the LED, but this would hamper the adhesion of any decals anyone may want to apply to the target.

#36 8 years ago

Out of all of the designs...I personally like the simple star pattern. It really looks nice when it's lit.

Going forward...if anyone prefers the machined text/artwork, please let me know this when you place your order. I have the machine set up to add this additional operation at no additional cost.

#37 8 years ago

What about a wall target for The Shadow? That could be really cool looking and noticeable because the Battlefield drop on Shadow can't really be seen.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What about a wall target for The Shadow? That could be really cool looking and noticeable because the Battlefield drop on Shadow can't really be seen.

Yes, it would look great with a brick pattern that would really light up with a red led.

#39 8 years ago

Anyone mention No Fear as a cool candidate for one of these drops?

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone mention No Fear as a cool candidate for one of these drops?

No Fear is included in the list.

#41 8 years ago

They would be great for Cactus Canyon. It was originally designed for light up drop targets but they kept breaking. How will these hold up?

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They would be great for Cactus Canyon. It was originally designed for light up drop targets but they kept breaking. How will these hold up?

My guess is that they should hold up pretty good. Polycarbonate is pretty much un-breakable.

#43 8 years ago

Then sign me up for a set of CC ones.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Then sign me up for a set of CC ones.

The CC drop targets are different, physically, than the rest of the ones listed. They're held up by a pulse pattern on the coil and not a latch with a release. Not to say that they couldn't be done, the design would just have to be altered a bit.

I'd love to see them done for CC. Not sure I'd love to pay $200 for a full set of 4 for the game, but it'd be an awesome add on for those that would.

#45 8 years ago

For T2 can you etch the original sticker design on it or is it too intricate? Pretty cool!! Sorry if this was discussed already.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

For T2 can you etch the original sticker design on it or is it too intricate? Pretty cool!! Sorry if this was discussed already.

I would also be interested if this is possible.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I've never seen the decal design.

If someone has one I could borrow, I might be able to somewhat duplicate it...depending on the complexity.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The CC drop targets are different, physically, than the rest of the ones listed. They're held up by a pulse pattern on the coil and not a latch with a release. Not to say that they couldn't be done, the design would just have to be altered a bit.
I'd love to see them done for CC. Not sure I'd love to pay $200 for a full set of 4 for the game, but it'd be an awesome add on for those that would.

Figures

#49 8 years ago

Cool. Do you have the ability to create any type of target (assuming you have an original to pattern)?

#50 8 years ago

Any plans to do this for a standard drop target? Would love this for the single WW target. I think it would look good!

There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-roll-over-drop-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.