Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85c74600a1925c9acefd7596a7ea5156b6bad245.gif.gif
    IMG_3803 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3802 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3795 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3794 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3793 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3789 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3782 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 5 years ago

That's impressive. I had an idea people did stuff like this, but never have seen it documented or how it is done.

pmWolf did something kind of similar and has it documented here:
    https://mathisarcade.wordpress.com/construction/
    His project is really cool, but I have to say that doing the same thing under the house really amazing.

1 week later
    #156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

The pin wall is 15" Thick and believe it or not a full 25" thick underpined.

Damn, how do they bring in all that concrete and place it? Do they drive it in in a bucket? Or can they pump it?

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Ah thats a fun and cleaver process. Rather basic though when you consider they have to place Thousands of pounds of concrete to very specific points of the room. Basically they back a cement truck (actually 6 so far) up onto my lawn a few feet from the house and then connect a series of chutes across the basement targeting the drop zone. Like an Adult version of chutes and ladders!

The only bad thing with that is the mix has to be pretty high slump, so the water/cement ratio is high. If they plan for that and adjust the mix design, fine. But if they use a normal mix and just make it runny, you're compromising strength. Sorry, my degree is civil engineering and I used to work for the DOT. W/C ratio is something beat into my head, hard to break old habits. It is one thing I'd ask about and question when getting the project bid.

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

I have to say those are concrete trucks, cement is the power stuff that goes in concrete and comes in tanker trucks to the concrete plant (and rail cars and big ships).

I state it this way to try and help people understand. Calling concrete "cement" is like calling a cake "flour". Cement is an ingredient in concrete just as flour is an ingredient in a cake. Concrete consists of coarse aggregate (rock), fine aggregate (sand), cement (Portland cement), and water.

If anyone wants to get pedantic, we can discuss the definition of concrete. I kid, no reason to derail this great thread.

All that being said, thanks for the update. I've really enjoyed watching this, it has been really educational.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Don't forget you also have 90 minutes to make the delivery of concrete...

Should we discuss drum rotations too? Checking the ticket for the correct mix design and job?

After all that, we'll start our testing procedures.

BTW, I don't like painting much either. One of those things that has to be done sometimes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-room-underground-excavation-and-expansion-for-themodcouple?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.