• Latest reply 88 days ago by Beaster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 10.24.38 AM (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hey there, So all of a sudden the pizza stopped spinning. The machine locks the balls and places them on the pizza but once they are supposed to spin out and go everywhere the pizza doesn't move. The pizza just drops them instead of spinning. any idea how I can make it work again? What should I check? so far I have no errors either. thanks
Sterns tech support is no help. no surprise there. looking around for this part. can someone send me a link so I can buy one? I had no luck so far. thanks,

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 10.24.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-03 at 10.24.38 AM (resized).png
#2 1 year ago

There is a setting (I think it's a new setting) that disables the pizza spinner. Can you do the dumb thing and check that it wasn't accidentally disabled in the settings?

edit: can you also do the "pizza disc test" in the menu. It's under: Diag > Game > Disc

Choose clockwise or counter clockwise and then close the coin door. If the disc spins, then it's not a mechanical issue with the spinner motor.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

There is a setting (I think it's a new setting) that disables the pizza spinner. Can you do the dumb thing and check that it wasn't accidentally disabled in the settings?
edit: can you also do the "pizza disc test" in the menu. It's under: Diag > Game > Disc
Choose clockwise or counter clockwise and then close the coin door. If the disc spins, then it's not a mechanical issue with the spinner motor.

I did that. it makes a humming sound. It doesn't turn either way. I am 100% it's this part but don't know the manufacture of the item. No one seems to have the part.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

I did that. it makes a humming sound. It doesn't turn either way. I am 100% it's this part but don't know the manufacture of the item. No one seems to have the part.

it seems unlikely the motor in a 2 year old game went bad. it's possible, but unlikely. i'd probably exhaust all other options before forking over the cash for a new one, only to install it and find yourself in the same predicament.

maybe you did that already, but figured it's worth mentioning.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

it seems unlikely the motor in a 2 year old game went bad. it's possible, but unlikely. i'd probably exhaust all other options before forking over the cash for a new one, only to install it and find yourself in the same predicament.

$300 for half of the assembly
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-2918-00

#6 1 year ago

The motor alone is out of stock at a bargain price of $164.99
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/041-5126-00

#7 1 year ago

Still made by Multiproducts Company but you need to buy a large quantity from them to meet minimum buy.
www.multiproducts.com

Can still get them at a somewhat high price of $73 through Digikey:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/multi-products-company-inc/DCM-1026/15668238

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Still made by Multiproducts Company but you need to buy a large quantity from them to meet minimum buy.
www.multiproducts.com
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/multi-products-company-inc/DCM-1026/15668238

I was going to buy that today and give it a shot. Hopefully it's just that. Crossing fingers. the difference is the amps. .07 it is on the part, but the one on Digi-Key is .05 darn it. I'll roll the dice and buy it. I will update you guys in a week and tell you how it went.

1 week later
#9 1 year ago

UPDATE Turns out that the digikey part with the .5 AMP works fine for the pinball machine. I had to remove the whole housing. It took 1-1.5hours to complete. It took me longer then I would have liked, but I did use the same connection back part that came from Stens. the Grey part where the prongs are would have to be soldered but I bypassed it by taking out the old one and using it with the new part. $80 repair and now the pizza spins pretty cool.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

UPDATE Turns out that the digikey part with the .5 AMP works fine for the pinball machine. I had to remove the whole housing. It took 1-1.5hours to complete. It took me longer then I would have liked, but I did use the same connection back part that came from Stens. the Grey part where the prongs are would have to be soldered but I bypassed it by taking out the old one and using it with the new part. $80 repair and now the pizza spins pretty cool.

That's great to hear. I expect in the coming years, other folks will have this issue and this thread will be their savior. Thanks for reporting back!

1 year later
#11 88 days ago
Quoted from G-P-E:Still made by Multiproducts Company but you need to buy a large quantity from them to meet minimum buy.
www.multiproducts.com

I am so happy I found this post. Just bought a Turtles and the pizza was very intermittent and would not spin at all in multiball. I bought the one from DigiKey. Everything works perfect now for a fraction of the price.

Thanks! I appreciate this information so much!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Other
System-J

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-24-vdc-400-rpm-for-tnmnt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.