(Topic ID: 65416)

Metallica Song Replacement - tips, request locations, suggestions and discussion

By cpsystem3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Neal_W
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

064BA883-8991-4BE3-8407-3188FC69A4BE (resized).jpeg
mtl163.png
1130131752a.jpg
1130131752b.jpg
1130131752.jpg
1130131753.jpg
mustaine_hetfield.jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Bored waiting for the next Metallica LE code update, I decided to check out the pinball browser application everyone has been buzzing about. Using a few wonderful threads right here on pinside, I was able to use Audacity to convert my MP3's into usable WAV's in no time. Finding the tracks and importing a new one was easy.

I wanted to discuss what songs people have swapped in, and what tips and tricks you've discovered along the way and any request locations you may have discovered. I'll start.

Fade to Black was replaced with Orion. Request #601
Sad But True was replaced with Ride the Lightning. Request #859
Unforgiven was replaced with The Shortest Straw. Request #1059

Orion was significantly longer than Fade to Black, even after I lopped off about 30 seconds of the intro. Ride the Lightning and Shortest Straw should line up reasonably well.

I also went into the "messages" browser and updated the song names to reflect the new ones. I believe this will properly change them out (I changed all instances found).

Interested to hear what other people have been using! I am building off of Version LE 1.22, so the request numbers may change when the next update hits.

#2 10 years ago

I had Unforgiven changed to Ride the Lightning.As a bonus thats the track that plays when the game is over now.Unforgiven is a good song just to slow for the game and Ride the lightning sounds much better playing with the lights flashing when the game ends.

I also changed Sad but True to Whereever I May Roam.I just like the song better and love the way it starts out.

Thats whats great about changing the songs out if you do not like it after there changed just try something else.My biggest problem is I do not know how to work the program so I have to get someone else to do it or I would have tried all kinds of combinations by now.Dave

#3 10 years ago

Whiskey In a jar works awesome in that unforgiven spot. Especially with that game over part you were talking about. Cuts in and out like it was meant to be there.

Also put two Misfit covers together into one track to get it to take up a whole long track. Also love it. You get rewarded with a new song if you play long enough

-Jim

1 week later
#4 10 years ago

I don't even have my machine yet, but im already working on replacements to go in it. Here is what I have come up with so far.

Enter Sandman - Replaced with Leper Messiah
One - Replace with Whiplash / Blitzkrieg combo, also have disposable heroes edited up to fit.
Sad but True - Replaced with Blackened
For whom the bell tolls - Replaced with Dyers Eve
Fade to black - Replaced with That was just your life
The unforgiven - Replaced with Broken Beaten Scarred

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

For whom the bell tolls - Replaced with Dyers Eve

Dyers Eve = most underrated Metallica song ever

Excellent Choice!

2 weeks later
#6 10 years ago

Tried doing a few searches, but I'm having trouble finding threads or links for a "how-to" on changing songs. Little help?

#8 10 years ago

Would anyone be willing to share their audio files with me so I can do this as well?

#9 10 years ago

Personally I'd toughen it up a bit like so;

Enter Sandman - Replace with Tip Toe thru the Tulips
One - Replace with Singing in the Rain
Sad but True - Replace with Walk like an Egyptian
For whom the bell tolls - Replace with Mandy
Fade to black - Replace with It's Raining Men
The unforgiven - Replaced with In the Navy

#10 10 years ago

Just read the guide. WAY over my head.

#11 10 years ago

Creeping Death > Ride the Lightning (also plays during Sparky MB)

Unforgiven > Shortest Straw (also plays 10 secs after match feature)

One > Whiplash and Hit the Lights (HtL plays during Lady Justice mode; I know it's not on the "Justice" album, but oh well)

Fade to Black > My Apocolypse and Motorbreath (Motorbreath is shortened quite a bit as filler)

I also replaced one of the match call outs with my daughter saying in a worried voice, "Mommy, what happened to Fluffy?" It doesn't sound like the creepy "Mommy, where's Fluffy" at the end of Breadfan, but non Metallica fans will still think it's funny after the snake pukes.

I replaced an attract flipper button call out to my daughter saying, "Now I lay me down to sleep" with ES riff in the background.

3 weeks later
#12 10 years ago

Bump for compiling list of request numbers. So far I have (from OP plus one):

Met Request Numbers in BIN (v 1.22)

Enter Sandman - Request #500
Fade to Black - Request #601
Sad But True -  Request #859
Unforgiven - Request #1059

Thanks to anyone who has numbers already handy to add for the other 8 tracks.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from flipperwiz:

Bump for compiling list of request numbers. So far I have (from OP plus one):
Met Request Numbers in BIN (v 1.22)
Enter Sandman - Request #500
Fade to Black - Request #601
Sad But True -  Request #859
Unforgiven - Request #1059
Thanks to anyone who has numbers already handy to add for the other 8 tracks.

Those numbers are not correct for 1.22

#345 Battery
#431 Creeping Death
#502 Enter Sandman
#574 Fade to Black
#627 For Whom the Bell Tolls
#665 Fuel
#726 Master of Puppets
#794 One
#839 Sad But True
#915 Seek and Destroy
#994 End of the Line
#1059 The Unforgiven

#14 10 years ago

Should have come with Whiplash in the first place.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-metallica-songs-not-included

#15 10 years ago

Thanks Sparky. Are those request numbers for Pro or LE? Not sure if it matters. Going to delve into it this weekend (for a Pro).

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from flipperwiz:

Thanks Sparky. Are those request numbers for Pro or LE? Not sure if it matters. Going to delve into it this weekend (for a Pro).

Prem/LE

#17 10 years ago

Changed Unforgiven to Sanitarium because they were very close in length. Want to get Damage Inc. in there somewhere, but haven't looked at it yet. The swap with Sanitarium was a test of my newb skills with Audacity and the browser. It worked, so now I want to do more.

#18 10 years ago

I have to find a way to include Sanitarium, Blackened and maybe Hangar 18 or tornado of souls from megadeth

#19 10 years ago

how do you do this? do you have to have the code on a pc/ mac? input songs on pc or mac, save to usb, then upload to the machine?
i missed that part.
can someone explain each step from beginning to end as in plain english as if you are talking to a kid? that's what i need sometimes.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I have to find a way to include Sanitarium, Blackened and maybe Hangar 18 or tornado of souls from megadeth

Dude, if you load a megadeth song on a met, i think james will stop by and punch you or something... Haha

#21 10 years ago

You mean I could change all the songs to something that isn't Metallica? that's pretty awesome. Might have to consider getting one now. If I can change the call outs too, might be golden.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

how do you do this? do you have to have the code on a pc/ mac? input songs on pc or mac, save to usb, then upload to the machine?
i missed that part.
can someone explain each step from beginning to end as in plain english as if you are talking to a kid? that's what i need sometimes.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Hangar 18 or tornado of souls from megadeth

Careful, you might turn the game on in the morning and find that those songs have been kicked out of the machine.

#24 10 years ago

Cool,

I would love to do this for ACDC. It should definitely have "Shoot to Thrill"

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You mean I could change all the songs to something that isn't Metallica? that's pretty awesome. Might have to consider getting one now. If I can change the call outs too, might be golden.

You can change call outs also .

#26 10 years ago

I'm not crazy about live recordings, but luckily someone assembled a studio version of the Justice medley from Live Sh*t: Binge & Purge. Eye of the Beholder, Blackened, Frayed Ends of Sanity, And Justice for All, and more Blackened. You'd probably want to remove the fade-in intro.

#27 10 years ago

Does this work on a mac? The pinball browser?

#28 10 years ago

I needed someone to come over here please and set this up for me.. I want most songs replaced and I can't figure this out...ahhhhhh!

#29 10 years ago

Laseriffic, I could help if need be. Send me a PM.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Dude, if you load a megadeth song on a met, i think james will stop by and punch you or something... Haha

Quoted from SteveP3:

Careful, you might turn the game on in the morning and find that those songs have been kicked out of the machine.

Let's go safer then, what about : The Four Horsemen

#31 10 years ago

laseriffic, you can send me a pm too ill help too.

#32 10 years ago

Not sure how they could not have included the song "Ride The Lighting" in this machine! Especially with the whole Sparky electric chair gadget...

#33 10 years ago

Just got Blackened and Damage Inc on my machine replacing Fade to Black and One. Loving the browser!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Dude, if you load a megadeth song on a met, i think james will stop by and punch you or something...

I think he might be OK with it.
mustaine_hetfield.jpgmustaine_hetfield.jpg

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You can change call outs also .

That is awesome. I read the thread about it. Looked to involved to pull off for me. I'd have to spend a day just learning the software and the associated programs that used with it. I could see me pissing away an entire weeks worth of work tweeking out AC/DC. A weeks worth I can't afford to lose.

#36 10 years ago

Being able to change the call-outs is great. Seriously, they are the worst part of the game.

#37 10 years ago

Just made mine a "MUSTAINICA"
added
The Four Horseman
No Remorse
Peace Sells
Sweating Bullets
1130131753.jpg1130131753.jpg
1130131752.jpg1130131752.jpg
1130131752b.jpg1130131752b.jpg
1130131752a.jpg1130131752a.jpg
HAIL the Browser!

#38 10 years ago

MET Pro v1.22 - Track location and duration:

343 Battery – 5:09
429 Creeping Death – 6:34
500 Enter Sandman – 5:30
572 Fade to Black – 6:56
625 For Whom the Bell Tolls – 5:09
663 Fuel – 4:29
724 Master of Puppets – 8:32
792 One – 7:24
843 Sad But True – 5:23
913 Seek and Destroy – 6:50
992 End of the Line – 7:51
1057 The Unforgiven – 6:26

#39 10 years ago

John Borg mentions in the latest Spooky Pinball Podcast interview that they will be adding three more songs. He wants a song from "Death Magnetic" album for Coffin Multiball. He mentions "My Apocolypse," which is one of the songs I've already replaced. That would be great because it would open that spot for another choice!

#40 10 years ago

Thanks to movingpictures for the Pro request numbers, very helpful!

#41 10 years ago

Now if we can just write the rest of the code to finish the game

1 month later
#42 10 years ago

So The Unforgiven is 6:26 and I just noticed Wherever I may roam is 6:30! Guess what I'm doing tonight!

#43 10 years ago

What?

#44 10 years ago

Errr. Changing the unforgiven to wherever I may roam?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Sounds like a good choice to me!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I changed The Unforgiven to PEACE SELLS (x2)

#47 10 years ago

I would change Sad but True to Stone Cold Crazy and the Unforgiven to Whiplash.

#48 10 years ago

For the no kid house... "So What"!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

So The Unforgiven is 6:26 and I just noticed Wherever I may roam is 6:30! Guess what I'm doing tonight!

Shortest Straw is 6:35. Also, the beginning of Unforgiven plays right after the match feature and fades out, so Shortest Straw plays there instead and sounds much better, IMHO.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Just made mine a "MUSTAINICA"addedThe Four HorsemanNo RemorsePeace SellsSweating BulletsHAIL the Browser!

1130131753.jpg 179 KB
1130131752.jpg 128 KB
1130131752b.jpg 123 KB
1130131752a.jpg 110 KB

Nice work! I really like the Four Horsemen and Peace Sells that you added. I might have to add So F What and AM I evil? in there as well...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,887 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-song-replacement-tips-request-locations-suggestions-and-discussion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.