C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,670 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 434.
#21601 78 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah I might have to do a factory reset, because I am getting like 5-10 extra balls it's crazy. I turned down the extra balls to 3 but I am still getting alot for some reason.

Do your drops reset each ball?

#21602 78 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Do your drops reset each ball?

Problem fixed I reset the machine and its working now.

#21603 78 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not home to take a photo right now but it's the bracket that holds that vertical up kicker that you are pushing up on to eject the ball. If you just move it slightly forward or back so that that vertical upkicker is centered on the ball better it may work. Just pull on the very bottom of it so you get some leverage it won't take much.

Not sure what to bend but when comparing it to other machines everything seems to line up.

#21604 78 days ago

I’d run through the trough test and make sure that the opto switch recognizes when a ball falls back into the trough from the shooter lane. You can manually just stick the ball back in the hole to see if the switch recognizes it.

The game is supposed to keep kicking till a ball gets into the lane.

#21605 77 days ago

So…thoughts on Kaneda’s latest bombshell breaking news from a supposedly reliable source? The rumor is Stern’s next game will be a new version of Metallica—new layout, code, animations, art, etc. According to K-man it will be the first game on the Spike 3 platform, featuring more memory and processing power.

#21606 77 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

So…thoughts on Kaneda’s latest bombshell breaking news from a supposedly reliable source? The rumor is Stern’s next game will be a new version of Metallica—new layout, code, animations, art, etc. According to K-man it will be the first game on the Spike 3 platform, featuring more memory and processing power.

My initial thoughts are that its time to pull my Metallica off marketplace. Seems like a lot of people were hoping for a Spike port of the original with LCD which doesn't seem like it's happening

#21607 77 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

That's a tough game to come out with a sequel on. The bar is super high. Not like say a BTTF.

New system who wants to be the test subject?

The band does seem to like pinball, so there's hope. I never was a Metallica fan, but this game is a final 3 for me in my collection.

#21608 77 days ago

Hoping it’s a new version. I think the original Metallica is a great fun game, but it is also a very basic North/South game. Code was fun though. I had a pro for a while but traded it out recently based on rumors of a new one by next year. Hope the rumors are true - would love a new Metallica 2.0!

#21609 77 days ago

Mine was going nowhere anyways. Top 5 game all time. Hopefully they do it justice. However that’s a tough act to follow.

#21610 77 days ago

I was able to secure a LE upon release and not selling. I would be interested in a new Met, but would probaby be prem or pro. Lets see what ya got!

#21611 77 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

That's a tough game to come out with a sequel on. The bar is super high. Not like say a BTTF.
New system who wants to be the test subject?

Agree. If rumor is true that’s a relief to wait and see on the new version all around.
New layout, no Lyman, art, system, etc etc.
Like most, wasn’t planning to sell OG anyway.

#21612 77 days ago

It's a part 2 Metallica sorry but I don't see it topping this great game.

#21613 76 days ago

Most likely it will feature concert footage, pictures of old men playing instruments and songs from Metallica's newer albums. I'm a fan of Metallica but not some diehard. None of those things appeal to me in any way.

I'm interested in what the new Spike platform will be like though, that should be neat to see.

#21614 76 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

My initial thoughts are that its time to pull my Metallica off marketplace. Seems like a lot of people were hoping for a Spike port of the original with LCD which doesn't seem like it's happening

if true it will be a sad day for those who ditched their original game ! Can’t wait to see this modern marvel !!! I hope it is a great machine like the original and if not ,my thanks will be to Stern for failing and saving me money again !!!!

#21615 76 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Most likely it will feature concert footage, pictures of old men playing instruments and songs from Metallica's newer albums. I'm a fan of Metallica but not some diehard. None of those things appeal to me in any way.
I'm interested in what the new Spike platform will be like though, that should be neat to see.

Definitely will be neat if spike 3 has more powers so they could put even less boards in it at a higher cost (profit) for them at stern !

#21616 76 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

'

The reliable source again....... it's been to long beating this dead horse, to many other titles for Stern to explore, my advice would be to hold on to your MET's, play them, worship them, and stop speculating on rumors and reliable sources.... great if it happens, but please kids , don't hold your breath

#21617 76 days ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Definitely will be neat if spike 3 has more powers so they could put even less boards in it at a higher cost (profit) for them at stern !

spike 3 may just be an better cpu card / node 0 board.

more cpu power / better gpu / more ram. Maybe more max storage? they can move to sata / m.2? and not need SD cards.

#21618 76 days ago

I’m a Metallica fan… but the new material just doesn’t hit with me. Definitely not selling my original. I’d rather have a Megadeth pin than another Metallica pin.

IMG_6790 (resized).jpegIMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
#21619 76 days ago

^^^^^Totally agree!
MEGADETH!!!

#21620 76 days ago

You had me at Tornado of Souls.

Oh Mercy, that Solo…

2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
#21621 76 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I don't see an option for increasing the power.

No adjustment for trough power on SAM games. Reseat/replace optos.

#21622 74 days ago

The new version most likely won't be a fan layout but like the rest of the new games with 3 flippers and twirly lanes. That is why you should never sell your classic!

#21623 73 days ago

Does any one know if Metallica was Sterns highest selling pin?

#21624 73 days ago

we will never know. could be Star wars/Deadpool/Godzilla/elvira to name a few reruns of sales . some still being produced and stern Keeps thier Profits and machine numbers Classified Like UFO files .

Quoted from newpinbin:

Does any one know if Metallica was Sterns highest selling pin?

#21625 73 days ago

Didn't Stern do a "Last Call" on Metallica & AC/DC back in the day? If they did, I would think they wouldn't be able to "Vault" it again.

#21626 73 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Didn't Stern do a "Last Call" on Metallica & AC/DC back in the day? If they did, I would think they wouldn't be able to "Vault" it again.

Stern goes back on their word all the time. I think the latest one was the current 007 topper was supposed to be limited to the 60th edition and then it wasn't.

#21627 73 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Yeah, just look at Elvira. How many different editions now? Like 5?

#21628 73 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, just look at Elvira. How many different editions now? Like 5?

Very true, if I was a limited edition or super limited edition person I would really be pissed.

But at the same time they did not say "Last call" we're not making these again ever. Didn't Cadillac get in big trouble with that saying that about convertibles?

#21629 73 days ago

Slayer Pinball please.

#21630 72 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

“Last call” until the bar—or pinball factory—opens for business tomorrow.

#21631 72 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Slayer Pinball please.

Yes, yes, yes. And. F@#KING YES.

#21632 72 days ago

Loved every second of owning this but looking at buying a boat for the fam this summer. You won't find a nicer example: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/172473

#21633 66 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I'm starting to think you're right. Stern isn't porting older DMD titles, and I'm not so sure what initially set this rumor on fire, but this could just end up being a lot of smoke

unfortunately, i don't think stern is going to remake anymore dmd games like you said, but there are rumors that they may be making a metallica anniversary game. just like JB 60th LE. im hoping they do make a remake of the game but as an anniversary edition but i also hope they also make a new game because if they make another remake it could potentially de value the older Metallica games.

#21634 66 days ago

Me too on the Metallica anniversary game . I hope it is a single level small game like a Bond 60th and hope it to is over 15k and super special so it is easy for me to say no way on buying it just like a Bond 60th.

Quoted from Codybomb2000:

unfortunately, i don't think stern is going to remake anymore dmd games like you said, but there are rumors that they may be making a metallica anniversary game. just like JB 60th LE. im hoping they do make a remake of the game but as an anniversary edition but i also hope they also make a new game because if they make another remake it could potentially de value the older Metallica games.

#21635 64 days ago

Never liked the translite on my Pro so decided to upgrade to a real glass premium translite from Europe. Also installed the LED backbox board from Arcade Upkeep. I think these are one of the best mods for your buck if you have any games with the tube lighting. You can control the brightness separately for game play and attract mode.

51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpegC7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpegC7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpegD42B8796-F379-414B-A278-8FF23DD2CA1D (resized).jpegD42B8796-F379-414B-A278-8FF23DD2CA1D (resized).jpeg

#21636 64 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Never liked the translite on my Pro so decided to upgrade to a real glass premium translite from Europe. Also installed the LED backbox board from Arcade Upkeep. I think these are one of the best mods for your buck if you have any games with the tube lighting. You can control the brightness separately for game play and attract mode.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting, I'm going to look into that lighting.

#21637 64 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks for posting, I'm going to look into that lighting.

This is the one I ordered. Pretty sure there are no option to control the brightness behind the translite in the settings. Think this was only available starting with Spike 2. Great way to reduce any glare during game play.

https://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/dimming-backbox-panel/

#21638 64 days ago

You got a back-glass for your Metallica ?

Where you get that from ?

Quoted from pinballjah:

#21639 64 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can you show a pic of your sparky?

#21640 64 days ago

Looking for a right side premium apron plastic, circled in photo. Please message me if you have one you’re willing to part with.
Thanks
Jason

IMG_0402 (resized).jpegIMG_0402 (resized).jpeg
#21641 61 days ago

I'll second the recommendation for the dimming backbox panel from Arcade Upkeep. I have them installed on both of my SAM games and it's a great product. It allows you to set 2 custom brightness levels: 1 for attract mode and 1(dimmer) for during gameplay to reduce reflection on the playfield glass.

#21642 59 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How are you able to tell what number your PRO is?

2 weeks later
#21643 39 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How are you able to tell what number your PRO is?

I just used the last few digits of the serial number. More a novelty item.

#21644 39 days ago

Picked up one of these for my Pro. I think it might look pretty cool on one of the plastics at the back. It is based on the Motorhead custom game but I think it fits in well with the Metallica playfield.

0FFB7963-057B-4F9D-9450-E7EB169AAE89 (resized).png0FFB7963-057B-4F9D-9450-E7EB169AAE89 (resized).png
#21645 37 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Picked up one of these for my Pro. I think it might look pretty cool on one of the plastics at the back. It is based on the Motorhead custom game but I think it fits in well with the Metallica playfield.[quoted image]

Not sure of the scale but it might make a cool shooter rod too.

#21646 32 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've had this issue too. the [buzz] is caused by the flipper coil moving. what I did to eliminate the issue on my machine was to take out the screws on the coil stops and the leading brackets (highlighted in green), add some lock-tite 242 (blue) to the threads and then re-assemble everything. you'll want to make sure that their is no "slop" between the coil stop, coil and the leading bracket. there is a small, metal spring washer at the top end of the coil (between the coil and that bracket, shown highlighted in purple). if there is any slack, this will vibrate and cause the [buzzing]
[quoted image]

the wire on these switches can be pushed to one side or the other without depressing the switch. check to see if there is any side-to-side movement that would allow the ball to rest without triggering the switch itself.
I've gone in with a pair of small needle nosed pliers and slightly crimped the "ears" on either side of the switch housing to eliminate/reduce this side-to-side movement so that the ball has to depress and actuate the switch

I know this is 7 years old, but just came across this. Going to give it a try tonight. Flippers just started buzzing Sunday night.

#21647 31 days ago

Met is still my number one!!!!!! What seems a simple design with so deep an awesome code ,the game has been hard to beat as far as code.shots and fun factor . So far has outlasted any pinball in my vast history !

#21648 31 days ago

Can’t go wrong with either model but I personally could not do a pro ! To much a downgrade with to many missing elements!

#21649 31 days ago

I just received mine and it's gonna fit perfectly between the right ramp loop, Where I was hoping it would go. I need to paint it up and maybe replace. These spikes with will metal spikes to match the custom hammer.

Obviously it's sitting on the glass now, but it's gonna fit perfectl where I end up putting it and look great. Always trying to find ways to "metal up" metallica pinball.

20240328_133636 (resized).jpg20240328_133636 (resized).jpg
#21650 31 days ago

Can someone help me identify the proper bulb for the post spotlights near the flippers? I’ve looked through the manual and can’t tell.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 149.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,670 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/433 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.