Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by PinRetail
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I stopped in to work on a guys Maverick pin today and when in game play, it asks if you want to Raise or Fold. The flipper buttons will highlight back and forth between the options, but it wont select one. Any ideas whats going on? Is it an operator setting?

1 week later
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Green5:

I stopped in to work on a guys Maverick pin today and when in game play, it asks if you want to Raise or Fold. The flipper buttons will highlight back and forth between the options, but it wont select one. Any ideas whats going on? Is it an operator setting?

I don't recall if mine would highlight back and forth but besides that I had the exact same issue. It ended up being a fried trace on the main board for me can't remember exactly which one because its been like 5 years or so.

3 months later
#3 9 months ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

I don't recall if mine would highlight back and forth but besides that I had the exact same issue. It ended up being a fried trace on the main board for me can't remember exactly which one because its been like 5 years or so.

Good to know. I ended up dropping the customer. He was starting to try and blame me for things I never touched. & then was complaining that it took to long to track down parts (1 week).

I tried explaining that the manufacturer was out of business and parts are not as easy to find as for instance the refrigerator he just bought.

The guy was nuts.

But good to know about this issue you found. I’ll keep that in mind!

#4 9 months ago

Sorry this didn't get fixed, but I understand.

So many customers have no idea that their machine is 30+ years old, and there may be quite a few problems with the game.

It's always "I think it might be something simple..."

(Grins)

Around me in Charlotte, we now have a fair number of people who will take a game and refurbish it, some for customers, some for themselves.

Very few people (2) will even try to fix a game in the customer's house.

It's always a difficult conversation... to the customer's point of view, they have this little problem, from my point of view I've got three or more hours of really hard work to get the game reliable... and that's if I'm really quick about what I'm doing!

It's a whole lot easier to just say "you bring it to me, I'll spend the time it takes to properly fix what's wrong, and then you can have it back".

And some customers, you just need to step away from.

If you ever do fix this problem, I'd be interested in finding out what the problem was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-raise-or-fold-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.