(Topic ID: 131206)

Let's try and keep Pinside friendly!

By robin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-decline-of-western-civilization.jpg
    poster50195737.jpg
    In person vs. online.jpg
    IMG_20150611_161805.jpg
    Pink.JPG
    mjpopcorn.gif
    Pinside.jpg
    1313783734-screen_shot_2011-08-19_at_12.54.08_pm.png
    lemur.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 8 years ago
    Quoted from jsrfo:

OK, I get it, but I was just referring to the half dozen other posts that referenced boobs and pictures of boobs.

I get what you are saying.

I simply was amazed that there are about 200 posts in this thread that mention "Boob Pics", yet not a single boob pic exists on Pinside.

#502 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I simply was amazed that there are about 200 posts in this thread that mention "Boob Pics", yet not a single boob pic exists on Pinside.

I think we need clarification here, not a single boob pic showing nipples. Plenty of boob pics here.

I never understood the censorship of nipples personally. It is one of the most confusing censored objects there is in the USA to me. You can technically show everything BUT a nipple, and it is okay. Its like being allowed to show an entire weener, minus the tip as the reversal for guys. It really makes zero sense. It becomes even more confusing after you have kids. But if that is what is necessary to make this place more friendly, then so be it. I'm surprised this thread is still open.

#503 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Post best illustrates the sadness that is now Pinside.

Sadness! Sadness? What you talking about… we having a good time, bro!

#504 8 years ago

On a side note, I think the number of moderators should be expanded. I've flagged a bunch of inflammatory or rule-violating posts and hours later there's been no response.

#505 8 years ago

Robin isn't available today, so it might be that things are backed up on that end too.

#506 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I've flagged a bunch of inflammatory or rule-violating posts and hours later there's been no response.

There are guys here that actually flag that stuff?

#507 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I think we need clarification here, not a single boob pic showing nipples. Plenty of boob pics here.

If a "Boob Pic" is any picture that shows cleavage at some angle, then we've got to get on my Sunday Newspaper editor.

100 of Boob Pics: Macy's, Target, Kmart, even friggin' Dollar General - What if a child was looking for the toy section and saw a woman in a bikini???? I'm appalled and sickened by the decline of Western Civilization.

#508 8 years ago

poster50195737.jpgposter50195737.jpg

#509 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm appalled and sickened by the decline of Western Civilization.

I kind of liked it.

the-decline-of-western-civilization.jpgthe-decline-of-western-civilization.jpg

#510 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I kind of liked it.
    the-decline-of-western-civilization.jpg

FEAR!

#511 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

On a side note, I think the number of moderators should be expanded. I've flagged a bunch of inflammatory or rule-violating posts and hours later there's been no response.

Can we also get a button that would allow us to inform on ourselves if we've ever made a "family unfriendly" post in the past or, in a moment of weakness, had a thought about doing it?

Because the other day there was just a big discussion on "You know what would make Pinside better? More 13 year olds!"

#512 8 years ago

Wow, I haven't been on pinside much in the past 5 days and it appears that something major happened. I just got done reading a thread where Pinball Molly said sayonara and the very next thread I pick is this one. What happened?

#513 8 years ago

#514 8 years ago
    Quoted from Olddragon:

I just got done reading a thread where Pinball Molly said sayonara

Pinball Molly will quit Pinside with big drama, and then return under a new name from time to time - nothing to see here.

Quoted from Olddragon:

the very next thread I pick is this one. What happened?

Robin said no more "sexy girl laying on a pinball machine" pics. The era of pin-beauty has ended.

#515 8 years ago

Thanks, vid. It's Robin's site and Robin's rules. I think keeping the forum posts to all-things pinball is an easy one to follow.

#516 8 years ago

IIIIIII LOOOOOOOOVE POSTING ON PINSIDE!
    IIIIIII LOOOOOOOOVE POSTING ON PINSIDE!

#517 8 years ago

I just got ejected from another thread for posting a pic of a lady. All parts covered. No pictures of any women are allowed on pinside now is the message I got from that. So be it. Best to keep those pictures of your wives to yourselves people.

#518 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Thread summary...
    Robin: Please don't post distrespectful pics and be respectful to each other
    Pinsiders read it as: Argue about whether pics and posts are actually disrespectful, and throw personal insults to those who don't agree

This thread reminds me of the old Simpsons episode where they go to therapy with Dr Marvin Monroe and they just keep electro-shocking each other. Some of you guys just can't help yourselves.

rd

#519 8 years ago

I hope Stern remembers to keep it "family friendly" and only includes pictures of women from GoT who are dressed fully from head to toe and wearing a burqa.

#520 8 years ago

Careful! I can see a female arm there rd!

#521 8 years ago

I hope these guys that are belittling Robin's simple request have kids that are just like them.

#522 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just got ejected from another thread for posting a pic of a lady. All parts covered. No pictures of any women are allowed on pinside now is the message i got from that. So be it. Keep those pictures of your wives to yourselves people.

Come on man, don't play the martyr, it's not a good look. You posted a pic of a woman naked in a tub covered in waffles. Yes, no nipples, but please. You knew very well that's what Robin is talking about, but you just can't help but push buttons. Why? You just can't help your youthful rebel streak?

It's just a forum. But at the same time it's a really good one. Robin has done amazing work here, and a lot of it, to make this site function so well. It's full of great people. Is it really worth pissing all over attempts to make it a better place just so you can be defiant?

You don't do that shit in the EM CL thread, because you actually care about it. People banter in there, but it's friendly and welcoming, that's the whole rep the EM crowd likes to be proud of. No drama, keeping the lifeblood of pinball's roots alive.

It would be something if the whole site could be more like that.

#523 8 years ago

Well this thread seems to have run it's course. There will be some changes coming to the site in the future. We are working as a team to figure out how to relay all the changes to Pinside members and how to implement the changes.

Basically we want this site to be approachable to as many pinball fans as possible. We don't want pinball fans turning away from Pinside or not participating due to inappropriate posts and/or the consistent negative back and forth exchanges taking over many threads. We want all participants to remain respectful even when there is a strong disagreement. We want the content on the site to remain as family friendly as possible. Sure there will be some things that we will let slide but we want to put an end to personal attacks and inappropriate material/content that has nothing to do with pinball. We genuinely want everyone to enjoy their time on the site. Of course we realize that some will not like all of the changes being made. We ask that you all give it some time and try to abide by the site rules. We simply want this to be the best site possible and for those that visit to feel welcome and comfortable participating.

There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.