(Topic ID: 111723)

EnerGI Maestro - LED GI Smoother (for Data East)

By caker137

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 538 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by pickleric
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy a smoother kit for your Data East Pinball?”

• Definitely! 73 votes
    55%
  • Possibly. 42 votes
    32%
  • Heck yeah, more than one! 18 votes
    14%

(133 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A55FE5F0-DE14-4F82-8568-5C079B40C815 (resized).jpeg
6C9533E8-5477-4486-B2AF-20CB0257191E (resized).jpeg
20221011_200032.jpg
20221011_200004.jpg
70402D73-53BC-4DBB-8734-998330E4E139.jpeg
6E7A661D-7029-434F-9BED-B8AF6F084A4E (resized).jpeg
20161210_132242 (resized).jpg
working_(resized).png
IMG_1979.jpg
IMG_1980.jpg
IMG_1978.jpg
2015-05-30 12.07.57.jpg
2015-05-30 12.07.08.jpg
2015-05-30 11.44.52.jpg
2015-05-30 11.28.24.jpg
2015-05-30 11.17.26.jpg
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 11 months ago

Good news, it looks like sourcing parts is a go for another batch. Last call for those of you who haven't signed up on the waitlist. I'll use that list to get a pricing quote. Once I get the quote back, I'll send a message to all on the waitlist to confirm your interest. Keep in mind these runs are comming slower due to slowing interest.

C

#502 11 months ago

I had to back out of the last build but would like to be added to the current wait list. Sorry if I overlooked a link to sign up on a list; will send you a PM.

#503 11 months ago

Just signed up on the wait list. I had to unfortunately back out of the last run but hope to be included in this one. Thanks for offering this again. -Lee

#504 11 months ago
Quoted from caker137:

Good news, it looks like sourcing parts is a go for another batch. Last call for those of you who haven't signed up on the waitlist. I'll use that list to get a pricing quote. Once I get the quote back, I'll send a message to all on the waitlist to confirm your interest. Keep in mind these runs are comming slower due to slowing interest.
C

Just got my TFTC up and running. Can't wait to install this!

#505 11 months ago

Signed up, thank you FatPanda for the heads up about this upcoming run.

#506 11 months ago

All parts are now on order for our next batch. Inflation raised parts cost slightly putting these at $154 each. I should be able to ship in June.

#507 11 months ago
Quoted from caker137:

All parts are now on order for our next batch. Inflation raised parts cost slightly putting these at $154 each. I should be able to ship in June.

How do we officially order?

#508 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How do we officially order?

If you are on the waitlist, you are good. If not sign up here:

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/waitlist

As always I ordered a few extras so even if you didn't sign up yet, go ahead to reserve your place in line by signing up now and there will likely be one for you when they are completed. Once they get closer I will email evryone on the list to confirm interest, then I'll email invoices when things are ready to ship.

#509 11 months ago
Quoted from caker137:

If you are on the waitlist, you are good. If not sign up here:
https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/waitlist
As always I ordered a few extras so even if you didn't sign up yet, go ahead to reserve your place in line by signing up now and there will likely be one for you when they are completed. Once they get closer I will email evryone on the list to confirm interest, then I'll email invoices when things are ready to ship.

I think i signed up already, but I signed up again just in case.

Please use the email that I used in the form vs my Google email. I don't check my Google email often. Thanks

3 weeks later
#510 10 months ago

We are ready to ship!

If you replied to the last email confirmation, you will receive a paypal invoice in the next day or two. Please check your spam folder if you don't see it in that time. Once this invoice is paid your unit(s) will ship out within a few business days. If you didn't already confirm your interest via email, please pm me with your email address and let me know that you still want a kit so that I can get an invoice sent off to you immediately. All wait-listers are all still in line with a reservation, but after a short period, I will offer up all remaining kits to pinside, and they can go pretty fast.

Craig

#511 10 months ago
Quoted from caker137:

We are ready to ship!
If you replied to the last email confirmation, you will receive a paypal invoice in the next day or two. Please check your spam folder if you don't see it in that time. Once this invoice is paid your unit(s) will ship out within a few business days. If you didn't already confirm your interest via email, please pm me with your email address and let me know that you still want a kit so that I can get an invoice sent off to you immediately. All wait-listers are all still in line with a reservation, but after a short period, I will offer up all remaining kits to pinside, and they can go pretty fast.
Craig

Awesome! Can't wait! I've been playing TFTC a lot lately and electric chair MB is torture lol. I haven't gotten anything yet, but I'll give it until tomorrow

#512 10 months ago

Invoices just went out today. If you are expecting one and don't see it, please check your spam filter. If still nothing, shoot me a message and we'll get it sorted. Thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#513 10 months ago

Will this work on a Sega goldeneye?

#514 10 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Will this work on a Sega goldeneye?

Goldeneye is whitestar, so no

#515 10 months ago

I've put the extra kits from this batch up for direct purchase on the EnerGI Maestro website. If you want one head over there and click to buy. If you want more than one, drop me a message as combining saves a lot on shipping.

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro

This is either the last batch ever, or it will be quite a while before more are made, so get them while you can.

#516 10 months ago

Just installed my board tonight on my TMNT. Pretty cool! I’ve only played with it a little but so far I like the smoothness it offers. I’m sure I’ll be tweaking it more and settle in on some settings but here’s a quick video of the install, some adjustments and a before/after demo.

#517 10 months ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Just installed my board tonight on my TMNT. Pretty cool! I’ve only played with it a little but so far I like the smoothness it offers. I’m sure I’ll be tweaking it more and settle in on some settings but here’s a quick video of the install, some adjustments and a before/after demo.

Video looks good, thanks for making. Will use it as reference when I install mine in my TFTC.

#518 10 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Video looks good, thanks for making. Will use it as reference when I install mine in my TFTC.

Thanks. I still have some adjustments to play with but liking it so far!

Thanks Craig for a great product.

#519 10 months ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Good to know it works I plan on installing one on that game too!

#520 10 months ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

here’s a quick video

Nice video! Thanks for sharing.

1 week later
#521 10 months ago

If you guys have any trouble with the paypal button on the website, let me know; paypal was having some trouble updating my inventory, but I think I got it sorted. Still have a few available.

#522 10 months ago

FYI, the paypal button on the website is working fine now.

#523 9 months ago

I just put my name on the wait list. I hope I can get this amazing product for my Crypt. Thanks!

#524 9 months ago

86 that. I just was able to purchase one. Thanks again!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#525 9 months ago

You’ll be glad you did. Works phenomenally in mine.

#526 9 months ago

Wish I could get in on this but just don't have the money. Here's hoping for a third run in a couple years

#527 9 months ago

Got my EnerGI board for my Crypt and it’s absolutely a game changer. Gone are the annoying clicks from the Backglass and there’s a spookier glow to the game. So far everything works great…

Except when I try to set the Minimum to something other than OFF. I noticed as I’m playing that I was getting voltage drops everywhere. Right flipper slowed down, VUK took three tries to shoot the ball up, DMD was skipping and audio was crackling. Not constant, just random events as the game was going. Finally the game just reset itself.

This all happened in two balls with the new settings. So after dinner, I’m going to set it back to where it was where the minimum is OFF and see how it plays. It did fine for the last three days on that setting. Thoughts?

#528 9 months ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

I noticed as I’m playing that I was getting voltage drops everywhere. Right flipper slowed down, VUK took three tries to shoot the ball up, DMD was skipping and audio was crackling. Not constant, just random events as the game was going. Finally the game just reset itself.

Hmm. The GI runs on a totally separate powere feed from all the things you listed as dropping out. My first thought is there is some other issue. Perhaps some other cable wire wiggled loose while you were installing the board. Could also be a coincidence that something has decided it is time to fail.

If you can't figure out the cause, I'd reconnect your GI back to factory and see if that makes the problems go away. If that does, or you can positively confim it is related to the Min setting being not OFF, let me know and we'll go from there.

#529 9 months ago
Quoted from caker137:

Hmm. The GI runs on a totally separate powere feed from all the things you listed as dropping out. My first thought is there is some other issue. Perhaps some other cable wire wiggled loose while you were installing the board. Could also be a coincidence that something has decided it is time to fail.
If you can't figure out the cause, I'd reconnect your GI back to factory and see if that makes the problems go away. If that does, or you can positively confim it is related to the Min setting being not OFF, let me know and we'll go from there.

I set the MIN back to completely off and it ran all day without fail. I will do some extensive tests tomorrow. How many stages of fade are in the Fade In and Fade Out so I know how many times to press? Thanks!

#530 9 months ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

How many stages of fade are in the Fade In and Fade Out so I know how many times to press

I've never been asked that! I had to go back and look at the code.

25 levels of brightness, including "off" for max and min

17 rise or fall speeds

I think i have the math right now

1 month later
#531 8 months ago

Emailed you for a quote for shipping to UK. I've got a JP and I've always disliked how harsh the flashing is since putting 2smds in. Hopefully I haven't missed out on your final run!

#532 8 months ago

Orders are trickling in for the last few units in stock. Thanks for the interest in these everyone!

2 months later
#533 5 months ago

For anyone who owns a Torpedo Alley, does this help with the brutal light show when you get a jackpot? Also, has anyone used this along with an LED OCD board?

edit: I think I got my answer after reading the thread (imagine reading!). Looks like its just what I was hoping for.

3 months later
#534 61 days ago
Quoted from caldwert:

For anyone who owns a Torpedo Alley, does this help with the brutal light show when you get a jackpot? Also, has anyone used this along with an LED OCD board?
edit: I think I got my answer after reading the thread (imagine reading!). Looks like its just what I was hoping for.

Looks like Comet is now providing the sales and support of the EnerGI product.

https://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=19

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-ocd-boards-general-illumination

#535 61 days ago

Those are different from the EnerGI board and have existed for quite some time, originally developed by @herg. I can't say I'm versed enough to say how they differ.

#536 60 days ago

LED OCD is totally different from EnerGI Maestro, hence the different name. Data East used a different setup for GI and the lighting.

It’s explained in the beginning of the thread

Quoted from caker137:

I wanted to share a project I've been working on lately. I recently installed sunlight white LEDs in my Last Action Hero GI, and while I love the color, the brightness and the flashing of the GI was startling to your eyes, and made playing the game difficult. Inspired by herg's wonderful GI OCD product for B/W games, I dug into the DE schematics and it was clear I could design a PCB that would help with this problem:
[quoted image]
This PCB takes the 4 GI strings that are normally controlled by a single relay (you all know the clicking in the backbox right?) and controls them individually via a microcontroller with solid state electronics and high speed PWM.
What does this mean? Well for one, you have a lot of control over the brightness and ramp rate:
* Each GI String is individually programmable
* Set the maximum brightness for each GI string of LEDs
* Set the minimum brightness for each GI string of LEDs (you can elect for dim instead of fully off)
* Set the ramp up and ramp down rates for each GI string of LEDs (full range, from fast to very slow several seconds of rise/fall)
* Push-button control for easy programming on the fly
* Plug and play
The EnerGI Maestro is now available for purchase! Visit the website to buy yours today:
https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro
***BONUS***
A bounty of $10 will be awarded to each customer that posts a pic to this thread showing the board installed in a previously untested machine.
A bounty of $20 will be awarded to each customer that posts detailed instructions how to tweak connectors, wiring, etc to make the board work on a system that it was not designed to work on
***Limit one bounty per board purchased***
[quoted image]
(updated 1/19/18)
TESTED / CONFIRMED TO BE COMPATIBLE
Back to the Future
Hook
Lethal Weapon 3
Jurassic Park
Last Action Hero
Tales from the Crypt
Baywatch
Guns N Roses
Star Wars
The Who's Tommy
Batman Forever
Checkpoint
WWF Royal Rumble
Robocop
Torpedo Alley
EXPECTED TO BE COMPATIBLE
Laser War
Secret Service
Time Machine
Playboy 35th Anniversary
Phantom of the Opera
Simpsons
TMNT
Batman
Star Trek 25th
Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
Maverick
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
POSSIBLY COMPATIBLE
High Speed
Grand Lizard
Road Kings
Pinbot
F-14 Tomcat
Fire

Has nobody tested this in a Maverick? I just picked one up, time to test it out!

#537 60 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

LED OCD is totally different from EnerGI Maestro, hence the different name. Data East used a different setup for GI and the lighting.
It’s explained in the beginning of the thread

Has nobody tested this in a Maverick? I just picked one up, time to test it out!

Maverick and Baywatch are the same generation of the four Jumbo DMD's. Other than ColorDMD, this was the best mod ever for Baywatch.

1 month later
#538 13 days ago

Just got a baywatch a few weeks ago and would be interested in buying an enerGI maestro if anyone has one they aren’t using.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,650 (OBO)
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 1.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.