(Topic ID: 305370)

Jurassic Park The Pin (Stern) owners club. Welcome home, Jurassic Park!

By Flyfalcons

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,098 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by VGC1612
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

94df7c_4a86c4f8007c4bcaa1a673ee93f8f6be~mv2 (resized).jpg
434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
20240313_213744 (resized).jpg
20240313_213728 (resized).jpg
IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
20240129_212229 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpg
JDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 3 months ago
Quoted from Oddzball:

Dear Stern... work on your QA... I wondered why this switch was always ON (Smart Missile)[quoted image]

That giant solder blob bridging the switch contacts might be causing an issue. I had that same thing on Led Zep when I got it. Someone played 300 something games with one of the targets for the skill shot not working. Easy to fix with a little solder braid.

#1052 3 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That giant solder blob bridging the switch contacts might be causing an issue. I had that same thing on Led Zep when I got it. Someone played 300 something games with one of the targets for the skill shot not working. Easy to fix with a little solder braid.

Yeah I fixed it. So I have a few broken things that I need to fix. One of the spotlights is out. The one on the left seems like a bad wire on the spotlight section. I have a broken bulb socket underneath where the bottom of the socket is broke. I had a stuck switch on the raptor pen, and the solder bridge for the smart missile was breaking that switch. All in all a lot of broken stuff but mostly fixable.

#1053 3 months ago
Quoted from Oddzball:

Also, yes, the GI is too damn dark, probably the first thing I would want to fix. Otherwise, still breaking it in and getting use to it.

Spotlights helped!

I also tried replacing all of the stock Stern bulbs with Comet 2SMDs and that's the only mod I've regretted doing, primarily because (and maybe it's just my eyes) I couldn't see an already difference after all that switching.

(I switched the left half first and only saw a very minimal difference between the two sides, and then just committed to switching the rest since I had bought all of those bulbs anyway)

Others may have had different experiences ..

#1054 3 months ago

Regarding the GI - I'm not the biggest fan of looking at the back of spotlights on the slings, so I have a little bias, but I definitely recommend doing the upside down star post lighting. Especially for Raptor multiball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/7#post-6855018

Quoted from Aries_pinside:

Finally got some time to install new speakers and try out the "upside down" star post LED idea. They turned out real good!
I want two more - the post next to the newton ball and the post above the control target almost perfectly flank the Escape Nublar postcard and might look good, and would probably let you see the chaotic newton ball shots better. I also need a trough light (I'm working on wiring it such that it turns from white to red along with the GI during raptor multiball/escape nublar), and then I think everything will be balanced perfect.
I got these: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=abl_SP . I went with red and warm white and the colors matched perfectly. I wish they were a bit brighter or had a wider 'focus', but am otherwise super happy.
With the lights off the raptor and nightvision goggles get lit up (white from above red from below):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Raptor multiball is extra epic. I can't wait to see what nublar/restore power looks like:
[quoted image]

#1055 3 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Spotlights helped!
I also tried replacing all of the stock Stern bulbs with Comet 2SMDs and that's the only mod I've regretted doing, primarily because (and maybe it's just my eyes) I couldn't see an already difference after all that switching.
(I switched the left half first and only saw a very minimal difference between the two sides, and then just committed to switching the rest since I had bought all of those bulbs anyway)
Others may have had different experiences ..

I did the same. I even tried switching all the red GI out to white to try to brighten things up. I ended up switching it all back and added spots to the slings and haven't looked back since.

#1056 3 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I did the same. I even tried switching all the red GI out to white to try to brighten things up. I ended up switching it all back and added spots to the slings and haven't looked back since.

I had some spot lights on the slings too. I got them from the secret Santa thing last year. Unfortunately they both broke. Not sure if there's a strong option

#1057 3 months ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Wanted to ask everyone’s thoughts on adding the JP topper to our home pins. I have owned my pin for about a year and I still love this game. I have since added the Star Wars home pin and Godzilla premium. I enjoy all of them and wasnt sure if adding the topper would add more play to the game or just waste 750 bucks.

My Jurassic Park came with the Stern topper,and I like the one that Tilt Toppers makes better.

#1058 3 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I had some spot lights on the slings too. I got them from the secret Santa thing last year. Unfortunately they both broke. Not sure if there's a strong option

Wow. How did you do that???? I'm impressed.

Were they the matrix kits from comet? Mine are on a hex post, so they are pretty sturdy.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1059 3 months ago

I finally escaped the island, got all of the topper letters to activate escape nublar island enhanced and hit the super jackpot.

IMG_2533 (resized).jpegIMG_2533 (resized).jpeg

#1060 3 months ago

Okay, so here's that undercab lighting that I'd been working on... Finished around the holidays but just got around to filming a quick demo for here:

I placed two sets of LED strips under the cabinet: one cool white, one red.

Two photosensitive relays triggered by each of the "lightning" inserts (T-Rex and Raptor Pen) turn on the white strips.

Three photosensitive relays triggered by the T-Rex "Super Jackpot" insert (not shown in the video) and each of the two spinner inserts (Triceratops and Gallimimus) trigger the red strips.

During attract mode, all of those inserts are alternating between on and off. So I placed the power to the white strips under a THIRD photosensitive relay, which is triggered by the backbox LED turning on (hidden behind my interactive backbox lighting panel) when Start is pressed. So during attract mode, the relays and red strips are on, but the white strip circuit is off.

(The audio you hear in the background in the beginning is this:

which auto-plays on loop on a media player that turns on when the power strip to the pinball is turned on. THEME INTEGRATION.)

I dearly, dearly love this game.

#1061 3 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Wow. How did you do that???? I'm impressed.
Were they the matrix kits from comet? Mine are on a hex post, so they are pretty sturdy.[quoted image]

I think it was comet. It was the plastic chrome part that snapped on one. The other one the bulb didn't sit tight enough and would fall out all the time. Maybe I should try it again with a new set.

#1062 3 months ago

Got the lights, much better. Whats this special software with movie clips etc, and how does it work?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1063 3 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I think it was comet. It was the plastic chrome part that snapped on one. The other one the bulb didn't sit tight enough and would fall out all the time. Maybe I should try it again with a new set.

There are some retaining clips for the bulbs you can get on pinball life that’ll stop them from falling out

#1064 3 months ago
Quoted from Oddzball:

Got the lights, much better. Whats this special software with movie clips etc, and how does it work?[quoted image]

PMing the answer to you...

#1065 3 months ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

Finally got some time to install new speakers and try out the "upside down" star post LED idea. They turned out real good!
I want two more - the post next to the newton ball and the post above the control target almost perfectly flank the Escape Nublar postcard and might look good, and would probably let you see the chaotic newton ball shots better. I also need a trough light (I'm working on wiring it such that it turns from white to red along with the GI during raptor multiball/escape nublar), and then I think everything will be balanced perfect.
I got these: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=abl_SP . I went with red and warm white and the colors matched perfectly. I wish they were a bit brighter or had a wider 'focus', but am otherwise super happy.
With the lights off the raptor and nightvision goggles get lit up (white from above red from below):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Raptor multiball is extra epic. I can't wait to see what nublar/restore power looks like:
[quoted image]

Hi Aries,

Decided to mount my four white star posts this afternoon. See pix attached. Soldered them to white GIs. Goal was to add more light to the center of the playfield. Came out nice, thanks for posting yours, great idea!

JDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpgJDJP-UpisdeDown1 (resized).jpgJDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpgJDJP-UpisdeDown2 (resized).jpg
#1066 89 days ago

Amber Bonus!

20240129_212229 (resized).jpg20240129_212229 (resized).jpg

Trying it out for a bit, seeing if I want to keep it there or not...

#1067 89 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Amber Bonus!
[quoted image]
Trying it out for a bit, seeing if I want to keep it there or not...

Nice. I put mine on the left side. How did you stick it there

#1068 89 days ago

Cheers! Clear gorilla tape cut into a circle to cover the whole base... There's aluminum foil on the back of it that the player can mostly NOT see. helps to keep the pop bumper LED light shining in the amber, and mostly to keep out all of the light behind and around it...

#1069 87 days ago

I was a le to fix the balling getting stuck in the Trex. I guess it was good to have an issue from day 1 to learn how to troubleshoot. Now I would like to get better lighting on the play field. I am a total pin noob. Is there a recommended upgrade for this table? I read a bunch of posts but it's hard to tell what people are happy with

1 week later
#1070 79 days ago

Finally beat restore power and escaped the island! I’m so tired long game.

IMG_2659 (resized).jpegIMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
#1071 79 days ago
Quoted from EspoPinball:

Finally beat restore power and escaped the island! I’m so tired long game.
[quoted image]

Wow, I'm jealous oh you beating restore power. I've only have came sorta close once. Any tips?

#1072 79 days ago
Quoted from OCsmack:

I was a le to fix the balling getting stuck in the Trex. I guess it was good to have an issue from day 1 to learn how to troubleshoot. Now I would like to get better lighting on the play field. I am a total pin noob. Is there a recommended upgrade for this table? I read a bunch of posts but it's hard to tell what people are happy with

I didn't see any discernible difference from swapping the stock bulbs with Comet 2smds... Have two spotlights that help. Eager to try the "inverted post light" recommendation a few posts back, but waiting until my next order...

#1073 77 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I didn't see any discernible difference from swapping the stock bulbs with Comet 2smds... Have two spotlights that help. Eager to try the "inverted post light" recommendation a few posts back, but waiting until my next order...

Thanks for the info. the center of the playfields is quite dark. Not sure where to put the spot lights

#1074 77 days ago
Quoted from OCsmack:

Thanks for the info. the center of the playfields is quite dark. Not sure where to put the spot lights

Add them to the top of the slings. I show it here in this post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/4#post-6747809

4 weeks later
#1075 49 days ago

If anyone missed an opportunity to upgrade their Jurassic Park Home Pin with my Screen Upgrade Kit, I just opened a new production run of 5 units for delivery in May 2024. This will likely be the only run until the Fall.

Here's the listing https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/173649

#1076 49 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

If anyone missed an opportunity to upgrade their Jurassic Park Home Pin with my Screen Upgrade Kit, I just opened a new production run of 5 units for delivery in May 2024. This will likely be the only run until the Fall.

Here's the listing https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/173649

Just an unsolicited plug to say that I installed these kits in two JP home pins, which have since had hundreds of plays with no issues. The installation instructions were detailed and excellent as well. I had plexi cut at a local frame shop to replace the removed translite glass. Highly recommended for much better graphics and audio.

#1077 45 days ago

Shrubbery!!

Figured I'd add some habitat to the paddocks. Now the figures are at least partially embedded.

20240313_213744 (resized).jpg20240313_213744 (resized).jpg

20240313_213728 (resized).jpg20240313_213728 (resized).jpg

Inspired by someone in the other JP owner's thread. (If I can find the post, I'll update this with whom it was...)

#1078 45 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Shrubbery!!
Figured I'd add some habitat to the paddocks. Now the figures are at least partially embedded.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Inspired by someone in the other JP owner's thread. (If I can find the post, I'll update this with whom it was...)

That reminds me of this awesome diy topper someone made for their Elwin JP

Screenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240313-215459 (resized).png
#1079 43 days ago

Does the topper's extra mode is only on the pro/premium/le or its available too on the home edition?

#1080 43 days ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Does the topper's extra mode is only on the pro/premium/le or its available too on the home edition?

I don't believe there's an extra mode, only the ability to qualify Escape from Nublar's Enhanced mode.

... Though let me ask you this: on the pro/pre/le, how would one access this extra mode? Holding down left flipper during attract mode?

#1081 42 days ago

It only does enhanced mode that is at the end of the game.

1 week later
#1082 30 days ago

Hey Fellow JPs,

I recently purchased a Pterosaur toy to add to my playfield. What have you guys been using as wire to suspend toys? Thanks very much for this group's continued help!

Pterosaur toy
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RYKPUO

#1083 30 days ago
Quoted from DavidD:

Hey Fellow JPs,
I recently purchased a Pterosaur toy to add to my playfield. What have you guys been using as wire to suspend toys? Thanks very much for this group's continued help!
Pterosaur toy
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RYKPUO

The wire I used was something like Romex (I took it from some old bundle of electrical wire)...

20240328_221559 (resized).jpg20240328_221559 (resized).jpg
20240328_221154 (resized).jpg20240328_221154 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240328_221425_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg

#1084 29 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

The wire I used was something like Romex (I took it from some old bundle of electrical wire)...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great idea, Jonny! Much appreciated. I hadn't thought of electrical wire, and I've plenty of that! Thanks again!

This afternoon, I was going through the trunk of my car and came across a wire hanger needing to be returned to the cleaners, but then I thought..... hhhmm, kinda ghetto but this might work. Embarrassed a bit to share this thought but what the heck, we're all hackers in some way.

#1085 24 days ago

I used a bit of thin piano wire to mount the pterodactyls. They bounce around as you play the game.

IMG_0102 (resized).jpegIMG_0102 (resized).jpegIMG_0103 (resized).jpegIMG_0103 (resized).jpeg
#1086 24 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I don't believe there's an extra mode, only the ability to qualify Escape from Nublar's Enhanced mode.
... Though let me ask you this: on the pro/pre/le, how would one access this extra mode? Holding down left flipper during attract mode?

So the Goat Mania mode is not on the home pin?

#1087 24 days ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

So the Goat Mania mode is not on the home pin?

I don't believe so...?

May I ask others to confirm? I'm not exactly a great player and I don't want to discount the possibility that maybe there IS such a mode on this and I simply haven't qualified it yet...

#1088 24 days ago

No goat mode I have the topper. It does help with escaping the island and does add to the game.

#1089 23 days ago

BTW Dont forget to rate the game if its not done already

#1090 17 days ago

Im the GC finally!Did that today

434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg434541496_961255179121069_8574537738435124613_n (resized).jpg
#1091 10 days ago

Joining in a few weeks even though I have a pro!

#1092 9 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey, post pics when they're next to each other, please! And welcome (soon) to the club!

#1093 9 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's awesome. I'm sure you'll love it

#1094 9 days ago

Sure I'll get pics posted. Buying sideart blades at Pinfest and ordered the Wizardmods coin door magnetic artwork that seems to match the cabinet art well enough. My game has a real coin door installed, so this'll look nice. I have the pro coin door art on my JP Pro and my Rush Pro also.

I'll have to get the movie code - funny enough since I did the movie code for the mainstream JP game. I don't run it, I actually like the Stern assets fine, but it is a cool party trick to show off.

My game already has the speakers upgrade too, so that saves me some work. Has the 2nd speaker in the head and a cabinet speaker with powered external subwoofer. I think the rails and legs are powder coated as well.

94df7c_4a86c4f8007c4bcaa1a673ee93f8f6be~mv2 (resized).jpg94df7c_4a86c4f8007c4bcaa1a673ee93f8f6be~mv2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1095 28 hours ago

Is it right to give up any hope of an Insider code update? Seems like it's not happening now.

#1096 27 hours ago
Quoted from huwman:

Is it right to give up any hope of an Insider code update? Seems like it's not happening now.

Who knows. Hopefully we will. I know Gomez said himself like a year ago on DeadFlip stream it was. Maybe Jack can answer.

#1097 27 hours ago

Speaking of update maybe we could give DeadFlip a wish list
I know it's unlikely but there's a few things they could add that be awesome
-combo shot, like right orbit to the short ramp
-bring in the special trex vs spino mode that was almost put in the game
-maybe a goat mode would be sweet. Like starting it by completing chaos a few times.
I know it likely won't happen considering how busy all the teams are but hey, I can dream, right?
Anyone else have any ideas?

#1098 26 hours ago

Maybe adding a ''add time'' for the double scoring when you do the top 3 lines again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 1,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-the-pin-sternowners-club-welcome-home-jurassic-park/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.