Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Whistles
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“John wick”

• Pro 9 votes
      6%
    • Premium 17 votes
      12%
    • Limited Edition 20 votes
      14%
    • Not for me 83 votes
      58%
    • I don’t even know what this is! 15 votes
      10%

(144 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gary (resized).jpg
    tumblr_1fe5d5467ebf8a63408347d230819c9d_6f883144_400.gif
    Hutz (resized).png
    Screenshot from 2024-04-25 15-52-36 (resized).png
    Screenshot from 2024-04-25 15-49-33 (resized).png
    Screenshot from 2024-04-25 15-50-01 (resized).png
    IMG_8281 (resized).jpeg
    wonka (resized).png
    robotron-2084-arcade-17 (resized).png
    IMG_0860 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240320_071318_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    tumblr_5308756aeb78e2b78728b4ffb2692756_7a9375f0_540.gif
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 39 days ago

Electronmagic that would be pretty cool! Only thing with these modern pins is I think they will make it a shooter rod! I like the 90s games some had it built into the cabinet!

#52 39 days ago

More specifically: H&K P30 grip.

It’s no Sig. But it’s what JW used

Quoted from Electronmagic:

Should have a pistol grip launcher

#53 39 days ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I could go for two meatball sandwiches. TWO!

That line was ad libbed by Busey

#54 39 days ago

I may be in if it was John Wick's BBQ challenge.

#55 39 days ago

It’s John W’s house of smoked veggies
    Comes with crap art featuring a bunch of fat dudes and an EV Mustang SUV. LMAO

Goal will be to sell em to Vegan restaurants.

Quoted from gandamack:

I may be in if it was John Wick's BBQ challenge.

#56 39 days ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I may be in if it was John Wick's BBQ challenge

2nd swing and a miss !

#57 39 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"They can use all the leftover T3 gun handles!!!"

Lol they did use all the leftover TS4 mini screens for the EJ CE toppers...

#58 38 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean, you and others are saying that, but this is pretty much standard hype thread. There are plenty of people saying "I'm in! Dream theme!" and there are plenty of people saying "This theme sucks! I'm waiting for Superman or Judas Priest!"
    These hype threads come off a conveyor belt and are fairly standard issue. Plenty of hype in here!

For better or worse, nostalgia is an easier sell. How many “current” themes have sold well?

Stranger Things did eventually, but that’s a current theme based on nostalgia. Walking Dead maybe?

Star Wars is as much nostalgia as current.

Look forward to dropping a few coins on location.

#59 38 days ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

For better or worse, nostalgia is an easier sell. How many “current” themes have sold well?
    Stranger Things did eventually, but that’s a current theme based on nostalgia. Walking Dead maybe?

Current things have to really be in the pop culture zeitgeist to sell well. GOT, TWD, STTh had that power as newer themes. John Wick movies do well - but they still feel disposable within pop culture. I feel like no one really LOVES the movies, but people like Keanu & action, so it’s a fun 2 hrs that immediately leaves your brain once over.

#60 38 days ago

I'm in, pending how it looks and the theme integration. I thought Bond was a slam dunk for me until I saw it and it was only Connery... So my wallet is ready, we will see what they reveal.

#61 38 days ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I outlined it for stern a few years ago based only on the first film.

Solid idea, every jackpot is kill clip. Just needs an interesting key mech.

Maybe we can start fancying up drop targets. Instead of flat plastic with stickers they can be bullets. They drop into a magazine or something.

#62 38 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

make it Hyperball style for multiple kills
    [quoted image]

This for sure.

#63 38 days ago

I figured it was Borg. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Eddy. Still putting my money on Danger doing D&D

#64 38 days ago

Daisy eats the ball?

IMG_0860 (resized).pngIMG_0860 (resized).png
    #65 38 days ago

The Real John Wick.

robotron-2084-arcade-17 (resized).pngrobotron-2084-arcade-17 (resized).png
    #66 38 days ago

It’s not Borg.

Maybe Keith again or Gomez.

#67 38 days ago
    Quoted from hank527:

It’s not Borg.
    Maybe Keith again or Gomez.

I guess we will find out in a month or so. I would be surprised if the Stern overlords told Elwin to get back to work in the salt mine so quickly after Jaws.

#68 38 days ago

Borg mentioned at TPF a new game debuting at Expo for him. No idea of title.

#69 38 days ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Borg mentioned at TPF a new game debuting at Expo for him. No idea of title.

Probably the Metallica redux

#70 38 days ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

They need to start marketing some more recent stuff instead of pulling all their ideas out of the 80s and 90s lol

When the boomers start dropping, new people need to be into the hobby to keep pinball going

#72 37 days ago
    Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

They need to start marketing some more recent stuff instead of pulling all their ideas out of the 80s and 90s lol
    When the boomers start dropping, new people need to be into the hobby to keep pinball going

By that time they'll be selling the nostalgia of that generation. Its a very simple concept.

#73 37 days ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Will not sell 1000 LE. Mediocre theme just like Johnny mnemonic. I’ve heard from more than one reliable source that the next two cornerstones from Stern are nothing special.
    Venom hasn’t sold well (although I own an LE and I love it). Jaws is a great game (own an LE), but hasn’t had the sales that I think they expected and if the next two games from Stern are not that hot, their financials are going to be in trouble this year.
    Hearing lots of games in storage at the warehouse hard to move product to distributors, shitty economy, groceries, expenses everything is going up, people are holding onto their wallets.
    People want the best of the best if they’re going to spend money on a game some thing that a theme resonates with them, will hold value and is worth the money to add in their collection.

Next two cornerstones you say....So we are getting John Wick AND Journey this year? Haha.

#74 37 days ago

How close to an event does Stern typically put out a teaser? Also, I honestly think if X-men 97 is a thing it would make way more business sense to have that be their next game, given the series is airing right now. Really hoping its John Wick though!

#75 37 days ago
    Quoted from Dreadreaper:

How close to an event does Stern typically put out a teaser? Also, I honestly think if X-men 97 is a thing it would make way more business sense to have that be their next game, given the series is airing right now. Really hoping its John Wick though!

This is a really weak rumor and many are acting like it has actual validity to it. Just because Knapp Arcade thinks an ex Disney exec at Stern plus a new 97 series is made means a future game is more wide speculation than a rumor.

#76 37 days ago
    Quoted from manadams:

This is a really weak rumor and many are acting like it has actual validity to it. Just because Knapp Arcade thinks an ex Disney exec at Stern plus a new 97 series is made means a future game is more wide speculation than a rumor.

And really I think the speculation started with just taking guesses at what Marvel property Stern will do next because they partner so frequently. And XMEN 97 just seemed to be a logical educated guess. Not necessarily more than that. But maybe I've missed something

The Pokemon rumor also seems to be more people trying to wish it into reality than any serious smoke to the rumor.

We know Spooky tried to do John Wick and couldn't get the license. Presumably because someone else picked it up...

#77 37 days ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

JW is the matrix. Neo is stuck in a dream that he is a Hitman, and must serve under the computers

I'll just say I don't think it's a coincidence that Stern is putting out John Wick before JJP's Matrix release.

#78 37 days ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

I'll just say I don't think it's a coincidence that Stern is putting out John Wick before JJP's Matrix release.

I agree......it is a business trying to make money, not cater to wishes, John Wick IS very popular, this may even bring people into the fold that have never bought a machine before.

#79 37 days ago

I’ve seen the movies, and although not my favorite series I really enjoyed them. With me I seem to always keep themes that I was not exited to hear about. The few “grails” that have popped up I ended up selling. It’s the game that matters most and I’m now fine with that. I’m looking forward to Borgs next for sure!

#80 37 days ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

Lol I can't wait until this summer when JJP announces their next game and its not Matrix

#81 37 days ago

John Wick movies is all about the lighting. This would’ve been a perfect jersey jack machine. Let’s hope this is the game that Stern upgrades their lighting system to really give John Wick the justice it deserves. I absolutely love this franchise and I hope this game delivers.

#82 37 days ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

John Wick movies is all about the lighting. This would’ve been a perfect jersey jack machine. Let’s hope this is the game that Stern upgrades their lighting system to really give John Wick the justice it deserves. I absolutely love this franchise and I hope this game delivers.

Whether John Wick or The Matrix, I would strongly prefer a JJP version over Stern. I'm 100% in on The Matrix (assuming it leans heavily on the first movie), and probably 75% in or more on JW if The Matrix doesn't first come to fruition.

There is actually an excellent John Wick VPX table and a pretty good The Matrix one. They both give me a fix for now, but nothing would be better than a well themed real pin for these titles.

#83 37 days ago

I love the movies, but not particularly interested in a pinball of it unless it happens to be awesome.

#84 37 days ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Whether John Wick or The Matrix, I would strongly prefer a JJP version over Stern. I'm 100% in on The Matrix (assuming it leans heavily on the first movie), and probably 75% in or more on JW if The Matrix doesn't first come to fruition.
    There is actually an excellent John Wick VPX table and a pretty good The Matrix one. They both give me a fix for now, but nothing would be better than a well themed real pin for these titles.

I would be excited for JJP matrix because of the green hot rails visuals but also worried they will rainbow puke the rest of the game somehow trying to justify the use of it. Hot rails do not belong in every JJP game but they include it obviously to justify the current high prices.

#85 36 days ago

Yeah, to your point about the lights, Matrix would probably make a better Stern game, if only because they're too cheap (or too tasteful) to put RGB in everything. Two simple GI strings would look best, white/green.

#86 36 days ago

Best lines from any Wick movie:

Woman assassin - "He shot my dog"

JW - "I get it."

What follows is the best scene in any wick movie, imho.
    Not many films I would like to see as a pin, for example Jaws is a fantastic movie, but .... meh! But John Wick, very interested.

#87 36 days ago

Tight pop bumper nest or use of spinning disc enclosed with switches/optos Flintstones, Dr Dude for major shoot out scenes.

#88 36 days ago
    Quoted from Triplecdad:

Best lines from any Wick movie:
    Woman assassin - "He shot my dog"
    JW - "I get it."
    What follows is the best scene in any wick movie, imho.
    Not many films I would like to see as a pin, for example Jaws is a fantastic movie, but .... meh! But John Wick, very interested.

That is a great scene, but I also really like the JW 4 scene when he’s in the building and shoots the guy about to shoot the tracker”s dog. The single cut bird’s eye camera tracking the room to room action from above where you can see everything unfolding was a killer idea and extremely well executed (puns intended).

#90 34 days ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That is a great scene, but I also really like the JW 4 scene when he’s in the building and shoots the guy about to shoot the tracker”s dog. The single cut bird’s eye camera tracking the room to room action from above where you can see everything unfolding was a killer idea and extremely well executed (puns intended).

That scene was fantastic. One of the best in the entire series.

#91 33 days ago

anyone else drooling....searching every day for any kind of nugget of a release....."the suspense is terrible...I hope it will last"

wonka (resized).pngwonka (resized).png

#92 33 days ago
    Quoted from lakerone:

anyone else drooling....searching every day for any kind of nugget of a release....."the suspense is terrible...I hope it will last"
    [quoted image]

Yep! Hoping to see a teaser soon...

#93 33 days ago

What was the latest timeframe? Still late April?

#94 32 days ago
    Quoted from lakerone:

[quoted image]

Refreshing multiple times a day waiting for news or a leak... This is a dream theme for me. I am trying to set expectations though - what if it turns out to be the spin off show The Continental? I'm not touching that with a barge pole.

#95 32 days ago
    Quoted from Mar:

Refreshing multiple times a day waiting for news or a leak... This is a dream theme for me. I am trying to set expectations though - what if it turns out to be the spin off show The Continental? I'm not touching that with a barge pole.

I don't think Stern would do that. They're all about established themes. They wouldn't release an unknown theme...especially in this current market.

#96 32 days ago
    Quoted from Mar:

God, I hope not....was really REALLY hard getting through that........no desire to watch again

#97 32 days ago

If this song isn't in it, I won't play it.

#98 32 days ago
    Quoted from cookpins:

If this song isn't in it, I won't play it.

That would be amazing!

#99 30 days ago

I’m ready for John Wick. Picked up my topper today.

IMG_8281 (resized).jpegIMG_8281 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #100 12 days ago

10 flips to knockdown the drop targets, unless you live in Texas, then you get umpteen. Baba yaga come for you.

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-wick-hype-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.