evil_dead_backglass_002.jpg
evil_dead_backglass_006.jpg
evil_dead_backglass_001.jpg
johnny_plate.jpg
Picture_001.jpg
Original_ramp_plastic.jpg
Picture_004.jpg
#1 13 years ago

I am picking up a good JM with only a little cabinet fade on the left side. Otherwise it is working 100% and has been semi shopped by the previous owner. Apparently the glove has no problems, and never has since he has had it. Hopefully it will last for me. Anything else I should look for/ potential problems, besides the normal flipper and board stuff?

#3 13 years ago

I was going to mention the glove but see you already know about that. Up some pics if you can when you get it.

#4 13 years ago

I'm so jealous!!

#5 13 years ago

That is a fun pin to play no doubt. Congrats!!!

#6 13 years ago

Just got home with JM, only a 20 min drive away too, SWEET! gonna clean it up a bit and post pics tomorrow. Played real nice at the guys house everything looked good and worked so far.

#7 13 years ago

Congrats Erak! I hope to play one a the Chicago Expo this year.

#8 13 years ago

Hi Erak ,
Never seen this pin before - Congrats -
You didn't mention the price you got it..

#9 13 years ago

The only thing to watch for erak is those stand-up targets (access jet bumpers on left, and light mneumonic recovery on the right). The switches might get worn. I know mine had a broken stand-up target when I got it. Thats the only thing I can think of.

The glove itself is quite sturdy, and if its working now, there isn't anything to worry about (there is a nut back there the glove travels on....which is the reason why gloves on route JM's don't work...because that nut is missing or worn out).

I love my JM pin. Everytime I get Rudy from Funhouse to come on during "Frenzy" mode....possibly also activate Yakuza strike (which is inspired by the consecutive "cross shots" from T2 pinball)....my blood gets pumping.

If you wanna see how fast JM is....don't do any drop catches. Hit the ball straight across when it comes down to the flipper. The ball will accelerate so fast around those loops, that you will either lose track of the ball with your eye....or the actual software will have to catch up to the switches hit in the process. Its pretty wild.

#10 13 years ago

I agree with the speed. The only other pin I have seen go near as fast is Corvette. Not sure which one is faster around the orbits but the right orbit to skid pad shot on Corvette gets the ball going so fast I can't track it. Makes sense though, they are both Gomez pins.
You are a lucky man, Erak. Congrats. I wish that lady would have sold me her JM.

#11 13 years ago

Great pin Erak, other than the above, the ramps can suffer with cracks, mine on the right hand side has been repaired in a past life but this can't be seen unless it is removed.

Also there is a small plastic that sits at the back of the left ramp (on top) to stop balls flying out, when I got mine there was a random sling shot plastic sitting in its place, I had to make myself a new one which looked better. Here's a pic of the original and my one.

Picture_004.jpgPicture_004.jpg Original_ramp_plastic.jpgOriginal_ramp_plastic.jpg

#12 13 years ago

Also just to the left of CrazyBobs kickout there are 2 plates back to back to separate CrazyBobs from the popbumper escape. On mine the plate stuck out enough (past the rubber post) to scratch/chip my balls, I took out the right hand side one and replaced with a rubber ring.

Here's pics to show what I mean...

Picture_001.jpgPicture_001.jpg johnny_plate.jpgjohnny_plate.jpg

This makes that shot harder too..

I do wonder why the blue/clear post is behind the solid post, cause with both plates on the hidden post serves no real purpose?????? any ideas?????

#13 13 years ago

Maybe they originally planned to use a rubber ring like you have?

#14 13 years ago

Cool, I just finished cleaning it up a bit, changed a few rubbers and played a few games, I love it, super fast and fun. Heres a few pics of my machine and new lineup. I ordered LED's from cointaker tonight too, can't wait to put them in. Too bad about my bad room lighting though. I hoped the pics would have turned out better.

evil_dead_backglass_001.jpgevil_dead_backglass_001.jpg evil_dead_backglass_006.jpgevil_dead_backglass_006.jpg evil_dead_backglass_002.jpgevil_dead_backglass_002.jpg evil_dead_backglass_007.jpgevil_dead_backglass_007.jpg evil_dead_backglass_008.jpgevil_dead_backglass_008.jpg

#15 13 years ago

I have yet to see a badly worn out JM playfield. JM's hardly got play out in the wild, so I guess that was always a plus. Yours is really nice erak.

#16 13 years ago

Hi Erak, I see you have the original plastic over the left ramp. If you get a chance do you think you could take it off and take a scan of it for me and send to me by email, many thanks.

#17 13 years ago

I have a scan of it if you need it, send your email and I'll attach it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
$ 37.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-arrives-in-a-few-hours and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.