Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 305 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by ozno
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2534 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2892.gif
    statler-and-waldorf-argue-about muppets pinball.gif
    IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
    bb555 (resized).png
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7842208_3625839 (resized).png
    IMG_0474 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Steve Ritchie nov2014.jpg
    images.jpeg-55 (resized).jpg
    matrix pinball (resized).jpg
    The_Keymaker (resized).jpg
    6609333A-D827-473D-8EFE-7B85FF0552C0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1935 (resized).png
    There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 3 months ago

They have 3 games in development. Based on rumors it seems:

1) The Matrix
    2) Harry Potter
    3) ???

In no specific order but curious if there are any other rumors around 3. Or even what would be a well suited theme for them.

#202 3 months ago
    Quoted from ZombiePartie:

1) The Matrix
    2) Harry Potter
    3) ???
    In no specific order but curious if there are any other rumors around 3. Or even what would be a well suited theme for them.

JJP Muppets is still out there. It's the only game from that leak a long time ago that was right about everything years in advance. Muppets is the only thing on that list that didn't happen. It's been so long I think it's a dead project, but it is still unresolved one way or another.

#203 3 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP Muppets is still out there. It's the only game from that leak a long time ago that was right about everything years in advance. Muppets is the only thing on that list that didn't happen. It's been so long I think it's a dead project, but it is still unresolved one way or another.

Don't be so sure...

#204 3 months ago

Steve was awesome in Raiders of the Lost Ark

IMG_1759.jpegIMG_1759.jpeg
    #205 3 months ago
    Quoted from ZombiePartie:

1) The Matrix
    2) Harry Potter
    3) ???

bb555 (resized).pngbb555 (resized).png
    #206 3 months ago
    IMG_1682 (resized).jpegIMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
    #207 3 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Don't be so sure...

statler-and-waldorf-argue-about muppets pinball.gifstatler-and-waldorf-argue-about muppets pinball.gif
    #208 3 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Muppets, no thanks.

3 weeks later
    #209 64 days ago

Hanging on hope for The Matrix from JJP. Anyone hear anything recently?

#210 63 days ago

6 months since the release of Elton John, maybe a new game tease from JJP.

#211 63 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

6 months since the release of Elton John, maybe a new game tease from JJP.

EJ CE is on.thr line so don't expect a new game announcement until summer-ish or fall.

#212 63 days ago

Whatever game they are making JJP has a high bar to meet after EJ

#213 60 days ago

I don't think the Matrix is next

#214 58 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

What do you think is next?
    Would be a rare insta buy for me for Matrix.

#215 58 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Good. Hopefully they take their time and take it to the 10's.

#216 58 days ago
    Quoted from BobT:

What do you think is next?
    Would be a rare insta buy for me for Matrix.

I think Mark Seiden has secretly been working on Muppets this entire time....

#217 57 days ago
    Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Good. Hopefully they take their time and take it to the 10's.

…all the way to 11

#218 57 days ago

I was pleasantly surprised with EJ at tpf. Matrix might be insta buy from me too.

#219 57 days ago
    Quoted from BobT:

…all the way to 11

Speaking of 11, played Spinal Tap today. Horrible.

#220 57 days ago

John Wick and the Matrix?

#221 57 days ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

John Wick and the Matrix?

Perfect!

#222 57 days ago

Just so its clear, if Matrix is next, then Steve isn't doing it. Mark's game is next.

#223 55 days ago

The real question for me is not who is doing it but will EJ mark a new level of responsibility quality (loose term) with JJP. There is just something about EJ that feels so different than current Stern or even other recent JJP.

If they can keep that “it” they achieved with EJ and apply it to the Matrix, yeah, I will instantly buy it. Really wish we could get a solid confirmation or reveal soon.

#224 55 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Just so its clear, if Matrix is next, then Steve isn't doing it. Mark's game is next.

If he's really doing Muppets, that's a real problem for $12k LE or $15k CE. 4th sales volume fail in a row? JJP needs to adjust the price or the themes. This isn't working.

#225 54 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Would that be a good or bad thing?

#226 54 days ago

JJPs have always been overpriced under warrantied crap.
    I don't think they are smart enough to understand "priced to sell" options.

#227 54 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

JJPs have always been overpriced under warrantied crap.
    I don't think they are smart enough to understand "priced to sell" options.

I've never had a problem with JJP warranty claims. They supported WoZ 1.0 lighting issues for like 3 years for me. Got a replacement LCD on godfather that died. Sold me a spare "just in case" GnR playfield for half price. Various other issues, all well outside the "stated" 90 days were handled at no charge, same as Stern in my experience. I've heard overseas horror stories about JJP warranty support, but that's a different animal.

They're at least as good as Stern in my experience overall. Stern denying claims for raised inserts and heavy orange peel on recent releases with the "as designed" excuse is not cool and is a concerning direction.

#228 53 days ago

You got the woz lighting fix for free? Under warranty?

#229 53 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You got the woz lighting fix for free? Under warranty?

Most of the 1.0 replacements (a LOT) for free and then the 2.0 kit for half off ~5 years out of warranty. Was fine with that.

#230 53 days ago

So; The manufacturer designs a self-destructing electric design and then to get a proper fix; you are ok paying half of "retail" to fix an obvious design defect? JJP failed the customer by not properly validating the 1.0 design - shipping it... then forcing the customer to pay to fix their shipped defect.

No; I'm not ok with Stern's recent "copy" of JJPs unwarranted Playfield language. So you won't get any defense of that from me.

Simply put; JJP screws their customers with "overpriced under warrantied crap." If you believe differently; it's you putting head in sand and ignoring reality because you want to love the purchase you made.

#231 53 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

So; The manufacturer designs a self-destructing electric design and then to get a proper fix; you are ok paying half of "retail" to fix an obvious design defect? JJP failed the customer by not properly validating the 1.0 design - shipping it... then forcing the customer to pay to fix their shipped defect.
    No; I'm not ok with Stern's recent "copy" of JJPs unwarranted Playfield language. So you won't get any defense of that from me.
    Simply put; JJP screws their customers with "overpriced under warrantied crap." If you believe differently; it's you putting head in sand and ignoring reality because you want to love the purchase you made.

I have purchased plenty of regular consumer goods with designs that were "not properly validated" and failed some years after the warranty. None of those companies were giving me the time of day if I inquired about free or reduced-cost replacement 5 years later. A ton of free 1.0 boards for years and a big discount on a 2.0 set 5 years after warranty (which reduced to like a couple hundred bucks after I sold my 1.0 boards) was in the "good enough" column for me. Stern and JJP warranties leave a lot to be desired, but overall I've done ok with both companies. The insert and playfield issues with Stern currently that they say are "normal" and won't replace are generally the only thing I'm pissed about. That said, I've seen some of the recent Stern playfield lottery losers that have done much worse, sooo...

2 weeks later
    #232 33 days ago

…latest matrix rumor(s)? Anyone? Bueller?

#233 33 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:So; The manufacturer designs a self-destructing electric design and then to get a proper fix; you are ok paying half of "retail" to fix an obvious design defect? JJP failed the customer by not properly validating the 1.0 design - shipping it... then forcing the customer to pay to fix their shipped defect.

Move on man!
    Playfield problems corrected
    Flipper problems corrected
    Backglass lighting corrected
    Code updates being corrected
    Find a new gripe

#234 33 days ago
    Quoted from BobT:

…latest matrix rumor(s)? Anyone? Bueller?

#235 31 days ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Move on man!
    Playfield problems corrected
    Flipper problems corrected
    Backglass lighting corrected
    Code updates being corrected
    Find a new gripe

Nope.
    In no way has JJP corrected the underlying behavior of screwing the customer when they "correct" things.
    Also; I don't see any confirmation for SEVERAL games that things are really fixed. History has show that "corrections" aren't really corrections.

That said; This person can't and won't be trusting JJP to provide him with a game because of this history of screwing the customer with an inferior product at premium prices.

#236 31 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

JJP learned a lesson with woz. Quality over technology. Tesla has it backwards.

#237 31 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Nope.
    In no way has JJP corrected the underlying behavior of screwing the customer when they "correct" things.
    Also; I don't see any confirmation for SEVERAL games that things are really fixed. History has show that "corrections" aren't really corrections.
    That said; This person can't and won't be trusting JJP to provide him with a game because of this history of screwing the customer with an inferior product at premium prices.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion you’ll not change your point of view lol

#238 31 days ago

Has there been 3 or more consecutive releases without a quality problem being passed on to the customer?

#239 31 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Has there been 3 or more consecutive releases without a quality problem being passed on to the customer?

EJ,GF and TS4 had no playfield issues and very few complaints about quality.Noted improvements stronger flippers and code updates coming soon!Not too much to complain about unless your just butt hurt with JJP for some reason?

#240 31 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Has any pinball maker achieved this, ever?

#241 31 days ago

Zitt just likes to bitch about everything, must be a pretty unhappy person. You're wasting your time arguing with him. This is the same guy that attacks FAST pinball, for who knows what reason (I am sure there isnt really one).

#242 31 days ago

After seeing and playing Elton John Im going to take a 2nd mortgage if they make The Matrix

#243 30 days ago

Arguing with fanbois is fun... And you guys def fit the bill .
    I'm not allowed to speak about that topic anymore... Don't take it to mean they or you one ... Just that it's out of bounds in this thread.

As to being unhappy... If it makes you feel better thinking that. Ok.

#244 30 days ago
    Quoted from Zitt:Arguing with fanbois is fun... And you guys def fit the bill .
    I'm not allowed to speak about that topic anymore... Don't take it to mean they or you one ... Just that it's out of bounds in this thread.
    As to being unhappy... If it makes you feel better thinking that. Ok.

Wow I’m not sure what you just wrote there lol

#245 30 days ago

Isn’t this thread about JJP’s The Matrix?

#246 30 days ago

Matrix 1 0r nothing. TS4???

#247 30 days ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Matrix 1 0r nothing. TS4???

The entire trilogy (first three) wouldn't be bad but definitely not number four by itself.

#248 30 days ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

After seeing and playing Elton John Im going to take a 2nd mortgage if they make The Matrix

Ok yes that is exciting to think about. Light show gonna be wild.

#249 30 days ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

and code updates coming soon!

Yeah I’ll just go ahead and believe that when I see it.

#250 30 days ago

I heard The Matrix wasn’t happenning anymore and Muppets is JJP’s next machine instead!

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-rumor-steve-ritchie-s-the-matrix/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.