images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.
#651 7 years ago

I think the Killer App will create different missions so it will be possible to have different scenarios and endings.

So, could be multiple games in 1.

Grab your cell phone quick!

#652 7 years ago

Going to be a real interesting reveal. Hopefully it isn't anything like the scenarios we have all cooked up in our minds. Personally, the last thing I want to worry about in an app or some external device interaction with the game. I play pinball to escape all of that.

#653 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Going to be a real interesting reveal. Hopefully it isn't anything like the scenarios we have all cooked up in our minds. Personally, the last thing I want to worry about in an app or some external device interaction with the game. I play pinball to escape all of that.

Either way, of it was, it would. Not be compulsory

#654 7 years ago

whatever it is.. we here in germany are 7 hours ahead, so when the pin is revealed, i will be asleep. so first thing i will do after i am up is to check,how many hundreds of new postings this thread will have

very exiting

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

we here in germany are 7 hours ahead

That just means you'll know 7 hours before the rest of us!

#656 7 years ago

Today is the day!

#657 7 years ago

Super excited to see what JJP and Pat have cooked up. I am a big Lawlor fan, and I hope with him having the budget shackles off he comes up with something really special.

Not sure I am a big fan of the theme (if it truly is smartphone/app related), but depending how it is implemented it could be great. We'll see soon.

Still waiting on my Hobbit order to ship direct from JJP. Was supposed to get it in September but it's been delayed due to them waiting on some toys. The big question is, if tonight's reveal looks awesome, do I try and swap my Hobbit order for this new game....hmmm. I wonder if JJP would even do that...

Anyone here live streaming the reveal tonight? If so, could you please post links here or on the JJP forum. I am very interested to watch.

What time is the reveal (eastern time)?

#658 7 years ago

Anybody interested in getting in on the NEW JJP #3 Pat Lawlor Game, Come see me @ Expo.
Small deposit of $250 marks a spot for you. Fully Refundable!!!!
Ask us about our expo special!!!!

Email Us [email protected] for any questions
or
[email protected]

We can take PayPal deposits as well.
See ya at the Show

Pincades

Jesse T.

#659 7 years ago

What if some of the flippers are Bluetooth enabled and activated through the app? So you'd have your standard flippers/buttons on the cabinet, and then a mini-playfield with flippers controlled through the "Killer App". That would be pretty cool.

-Doug

#660 7 years ago

I'm enjoying all of the speculation.

To be honest, this reveal is probably the one I'm most interested in seeing out of all the ones at Expo.

#661 7 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

how many hundreds of new postings this thread will have

Very few posts to this thread is what I am expecting. I bet several new threads will be created.

#662 7 years ago

So pinstar's pre order email says shipping spring 2017.... It shouldn't take 4-5months to start production if the game were in jjp hands before this. Sounds like pats garage and prototypes

#663 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Mr Pinball Australia is posting about downloading an app for the new game on Facebook:
The Countdown is almost over are you going to be ready to download the app and Play PINBALL?

So... if it in fact does turn out that you need a phone to communicate with the game, I'm guessing that a phone will come with the machine that is tethered to it!?

#664 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

shipping spring 2017

If anyone purchases this and thinks they're going to get the game in the Spring of 2017 then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. When I went in on the Hobbit I did so knowing that I wouldn't get the game anywhere close to the quoted shipping time-frame (movie release)!

Jack has made two great games thus far and #3 will probably be another but I just cant see this being delivered by Spring when people that ordered the Hobbit in 2013 are still waiting on machines!

Put down a deposit with Joe at Pinball Star and be patient!

#665 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm guessing that a phone will come with the machine that is tethered to it!?

Um what? Bluetooth or wifi, and it's your phone.

The speculation is a bit wires crossed at the moment cause theres the theme possibly being smart phone related and then also speculation about an actual phone app. I would hope that a phone app is not involved with the game while you are playing it. Fine for maintenance/high scores/.. like what Dutch Pinball already has with 'Live'. I don't however want to be fumbling around with my phone while playing pinball.

#666 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

So... if it in fact does turn out that you need a phone to communicate with the game, I'm guessing that a phone will come with the machine that is tethered to it!?

Optional, Like Invisiglass.

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Maybe the cell phone is a toy in the game. That you light up the buttons or a phone number on it by completing targets. Then it flips open like a Moto Flip Phone! Then you smash the top as a target! LOL

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Um what? Bluetooth or wifi, and it's your phone.
The speculation is a bit wires crossed at the moment cause theres the theme possibly being smart phone related and then also speculation about an actual phone app. I would hope that a phone app is not involved with the game while you are playing it. Fine for maintenance/high scores/.. like what Dutch Pinball already has with 'Live'. I don't however want to be fumbling around with my phone while playing pinball.

To clarify, what I meant is... if the player has no phone available, and the game needs one, then I wander if one will possibly be available to the player that is tethered to the game. If my kids want to play this in the house, I'm not giving up my phone because they want to play pinball, I'd have to buy them a phone, or one will need to be with the game at all times. Even in a location environment a smart phone is not going to be in everyones pocket ready to download an app and play this cool new pinball machine

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Maybe the cell phone is a toy in the game. That you light up the buttons or a phone number on it by completing targets. Then it flips open like a Moto Flip Phone! Then you smash the top as a target! LOL

Or, what if there's an LCD screen phone, that shows different numbers you need to dial, and each number corresponds with a different shot? When you complete it you light a lock, and then successive locks require more numbers to be dialed? Basically an LCD version of the building from Earthshaker (Can't remember its name atm) or the compass from Whirlwind?

#670 7 years ago

Please Pat have this game nothing at all to do with cell phones...

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My cell goes in the pingulp screwed to the back leg of the pin

LOL. And your point is that you are disconnected from your phone when you play pinball?

#672 7 years ago

I don't have enough bars to play pin.

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Please Pat have this game nothing at all to do with cell phones...

Pat has noted your comment and has adjusted the game accordingly prior to reveal.

#674 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If anyone purchases this and thinks they're going to get the game in the Spring of 2017 then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. When I went in on the Hobbit I did so knowing that I wouldn't get the game anywhere close to the quoted shipping time-frame (movie release)!
Jack has made two great games thus far and #3 will probably be another but I just cant see this being delivered by Spring when people that ordered the Hobbit in 2013 are still waiting on machines!
Put down a deposit with Joe at Pinball Star and be patient!

Totally agree, I have WOZ with a Hobbit coming... Like you I ordered it when it was announced.

I do think JJP #3 will be quicker out of the blocks but it will not be with me until Christmas 2018!

So Aliens in between I think.

#675 7 years ago

What if the cell phones in the game were Samsung Note 7's and you had to avoid the exploding batteries?

Cell phone fire multiball!

#676 7 years ago

"Who ya gonna call"... oh wait, wrong manufacture.

#677 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

"Who ya gonna call" ... oh wait, wrong manufacture.

Maybe pat calls gb during the game, ha!

#678 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFun:

...from inside the 2016 Expo Guide...

No Lawlor pins manufactured by Stern in the list of past games?

Definitely excited to see this game, I'm already digging the teaser art. I'm also thinking a time travel theme with a phone as the time travel device. It worked for these guys:

Bill_&_Ted (resized).jpgBill_&_Ted (resized).jpg

#679 7 years ago

In honor of this most excellent occasion I decided to upgrade my RBION with a full Chestnut set of chrome armor which I have been selfishly hoarding for the Tron I'll probably never acquire

C (resized).jpgC (resized).jpg

B (resized).jpgB (resized).jpg

A (resized).jpgA (resized).jpg

#680 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

In honor of this most excellent occasion I decided to upgrade my RBION with a full Chestnut set of chrome armor which I have been selfishly hoarding for the Tron I'll probably never acquire

nice pins. nice posters of Farrah.

#681 7 years ago

Well after the batmanve reveal im looking fwd to the jjp release bc their higher price usually is worth it bc of all the toys and nice quality unlike the stern pin...im routing for you pat l

#682 7 years ago

What if the phone/disaster theme has something to do with being a emergency dispatcher or something.

#683 7 years ago

Just came from the Stern factory tour. They announced a big pizza party tonight at 8 with prize giveaways. Sounds like they are trying to syphon people away from the big JJP announcement. LOL.

#684 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFun:

...from inside the 2016 Expo Guide...

"The Room Where it Happens" plus the pose... looks like it's Hamilton, guys!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#685 7 years ago

Any chance anyone is planning to live stream this?

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Please stop using female anatomy as a synonym for weakness.

You would love this old British comedy "Are you being served" . Mrs Slocombe always went on about her Pussy.

CZ9fIhyWwAAv7WB (resized).jpgCZ9fIhyWwAAv7WB (resized).jpg

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Just came from the Stern factory tour. They announced a big pizza party tonight at 8 with prize giveaways. Sounds like they are trying to syphon people away from the big JJP announcement. LOL.

Certainly not. Isn't Stern "the only remaining manufacturer of pinball machines"?

#688 7 years ago

Pizzas? Big spenders. The prizes no doubt are applications to purchase Batman.

#689 7 years ago

Not surprising after the revel of batmanve ..... need all the help they can get imo

#690 7 years ago

Maybe Stern will have a game at the party where you have to tell Gary why you deserve one of 30, I mean 80, limited edition Expo prizes? lol.

#691 7 years ago

Gonna be lots of leftover pizza in the Stern employees' refrigerator tomorrow.

#692 7 years ago

''Hey, Larry...the place to go tonight at 8pm is the Stern factory. They're gonna have Pizza and everything...everybody is gonna be there you know.''

MV5BMjA1NDk4ODg2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjkyOTc2MQ@@._V1_CR0,30,250,141_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjA1NDk4ODg2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjkyOTc2MQ@@._V1_CR0,30,250,141_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (resized).jpgHubMartin_LonelyGuy (resized).jpgHubMartin_LonelyGuy (resized).jpg

Sorry Stern, ain't going to work.

#693 7 years ago

Gomez said Batman would be the FIRST(really emphasized first) game to call or send text messages to your phone. Clearly referencing Lawlor's game.

#694 7 years ago

Is the new game going to be live streamed tonight?

#695 7 years ago

In the art from the Expo magazine you can make out some kind of structure out of the right under the red panel with the text, oh my eyes come on... My gut feeling is it's a time machine.

Ok my serious bet is that this is a fantasy time travel adventure game and the cell phone is actually some kind of scifi parody tool. But also that the whole theme is rather tongue in cheek so it will make fun of itself. Let's see...

#696 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Is the new game going to be live streamed tonight?

I sure hope so, but at this point not looking likely.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

''Hey, Larry...the place to go tonight at 8pm is the Stern factory. They're gonna have Pizza and everything...everybody is gonna be there you know.''

Sorry Stern, ain't going to work.

There will be plenty people there. Not everyone has a JJP boner.

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Will the total price be over $10,000,00 US?

No

#699 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

In the art from the Expo magazine you can make out some kind of structure out of the right under the red panel with the text, oh my eyes come on... My gut feeling is it's a time machine.
Ok my serious bet is that this is a fantasy time travel adventure game and the cell phone is actually some kind of scifi parody tool. But also that the whole theme is rather tongue in cheek so it will make fun of itself. Let's see...

I've always liked quantum leap

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#700 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Seperate and distinct definition. In the given context not vulgar and not referring to anatomy. Check a dictionary for yourself if you like. I know the english language is kind of strange in that we have multiple possible meanings for seemingly the same word but it is what it is. Your impression is not even the primary definition of the word which is a cat.

don't make cowardly excuses for sexism. stand up for misogyny if you support it. everyone here knows what he was referring to.

Quoted from Skins:

Please stop using male anatomy as a synonym for being a jerk.

don't dish it out if you can't take it. pretty funny that you decided to quote me from an entirely different (off-topic lounge) thread.

my request was polite and non-confrontational. no need for all the vitriol. please stop using female anatomy as a synonym for weakness. (and also please stop pretending you aren't referring to female anatomy when you call someone a pussy, that's incredibly cowardly.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.