• Latest reply 31 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Jaws Versus Elton John???”

• JAWS, ELWIN is the MASTER after all 46 votes
    41%
  • Elton John is the Pinball Wizard, and this pin is just simply...AMAZNG 66 votes
    59%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5158 (resized).png
IMG_2386 (resized).jpeg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 31 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll believe it when I see it.

not trying to be a jaggoff but i think jjp got the message re: code and are trying. should be praised for correcting course not shat on.

IMG_5158 (resized).pngIMG_5158 (resized).png
#52 31 days ago

I own and have played both games. There are things I like about both.

Elton- like the familiar layout and feel. Music is amazing and of course JJP never disappoints on the appearance of the game. Absolutely gorgeous at any trim level. Our routed games had some issues out of the gate and our Distributor was on it ASAP to get all issues resolved. Players are really enjoying the game and overall I took have finally got to understand the rules enough to really enjoy what it has to offer so far code wise. Game is a solid A for me!

Jaws Pro- the layout is very unique and seems like a lot of thought was put into the integration of theme and gameplay. Some of the shots required some adjustments out of the box, spinner shot and then dialing back the flipper power. After that this game is very very fast and a blast to play. I really have liked the inlane stopping post. It's a great way for new players to familiarize themselves with the goals that are displayed on the screen and prompting different selections that are player controlled choices. I like the fact that this game is a different layout than most other games and the ball returns have a feel that's not the same as other games, stern games or other manufacturers. A- A minus

Jaws Premium/Limited Edition - the layout on the lower field is the same, the shark toy coming out from under the boat is a great way to put the movie reference into the game. I feel like I really like the upper playfield a lot. Not much of a fan of upper playfields that play too long, I like the get in get out and it's really something that as you play the game becomes like an upper flipper flow type shot. I think the theme integration is even better on the LE than the pro. Again, the inlane posts make a huge difference in teaching non pinballers how to peak at the screen to get some understanding of how to play the game. I think this version is also a balance of achievements that are obtainable but yet the depth at launch that a more seasoned player can appreciate. The mirrored back glass of the iconic poster from the movie launch has a way of getting players attention. A+

These are my opinions. Overall I think if I had to have 1 game it would be the Jaws Premium/Limited Edition but fortunately I can own and play both. I do love the 90s feel of Elton. Those are the games I grew up playing and I do love that feel. I am so grateful we have such incredible game designers and manufacturers who are pushing to make pinball more immersive than ever!!

#53 31 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

not trying to be a jaggoff but i think jjp got the message re: code and are trying. should be praised for correcting course not shat on.
[quoted image]

Hopefully they get all this public very soon and keep it going for future titles. Shouldn’t be a wonder when you have to cough up 12k to jump into a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
CRCades

$ 349.99
Various Other Swag
Cento Creations

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-versus-elton-john/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.