Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 67 votes
    22%
  • Premium 103 votes
    34%
  • LE 129 votes
    43%

(Multiple choice - 299 votes by 290 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240428-141941 (resized).png
IMG_0361.jpeg
IMG_0360.jpeg
IMG_0358.jpeg
Game-Edition-PRO-3fnakef-1304x2048-1 (resized).jpg
jaws_10_no_logo.png
jaws_9.png
jaws_8.png
jaws_7_no_logo.png
jaws_6.png
jaws_1.png
jaws_5_no_logo.png
jaws_5.png
jaws_4.png
jaws_4_no_logo.png
jaws_3.png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 73.
#2651 31 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

John not only are you a machinist, but also an absolute machine! Do you sleep?

I asked him the same question. He woke me up at 3 am to respond: No.

Seriously though, I’m already a depositor for the shaft, add me for the full monty please John!

#2652 31 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They are not. Stern recently changed flipper bushings, I assume (totally assume) due to moving production overseas to save some more pennies. Stranger Things 2023 was the first with them widely, but some people said they saw them earlier.
They have slightly better dimensions (noticeably less slop) and are glass fiber infused. You can tell the new from the old by the color. The newer ones are a brighter white rather than a kind of cream color that you would see with a "classic" flipper bushing. The reduced slop means slightly more power makes it to the flipper bat and as a result, they push off the fade window by a half hour or more.
Here's a pic of JAWS with the newer, bright white flipper bushing it came with:
[quoted image]

That is fantastic info. Thanks for sharing.

#2653 31 days ago

Did a little modding today. Added Orca plastic back lighting and shark illumination under playfield…..white flippers and a couple star post lights

IMG_9504 (resized).jpegIMG_9504 (resized).jpeg
#2654 31 days ago

underlord I got you covered. Don't you know sleep is over rated

As soon as I'm a day or two from being ready to ship the bushings those who have pre-ordered will be sent their notice for payment of the balance due. Once payment is received they'll go out the following day. I intend to fill all pre-orders first, then I'll convert my store page over to receive new orders which will ship within two to three days after the order is placed.

I want to send a big Thank You to all who have pre-ordered the bushings as it has helped me to forecast my first production lot.

#2655 31 days ago
Quoted from CRCades:

NEW Jaws 3D collection set from CRCades is just about ready to photograph and release!
[quoted image]

Do you have a timeline in mind for release on the orca boat plastics and the mini boat? Highly interested in those. Probably going to get the shooter rod as well. Want to get 3D plastic set as well. Can only swallow so much at one time though. Love what you're doing. I'm going with Orca theme on the entire game so this stuff really fits!

#2656 31 days ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Do you have a timeline in mind for release on the orca boat plastics and the mini boat? Highly interested in those. Probably going to get the shooter rod as well. Want to get 3D plastic set as well. Can only swallow so much at one time though. Love what you're doing. I'm going with Orca theme on the entire game so this stuff really fits!

Pretty soon, they're don't as far as the build and design elements. I just need time to do the painting.

#2657 31 days ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Pretty soon, they're don't as far as the build and design elements. I just need time to do the painting.

Awesome can't wait to see them!

#2658 31 days ago

1956PINHEAD put me down for the reel as well as the bushing I have preordered

#2659 31 days ago

Would it make sense for the Shark insert on the pro to have a red gel?

Red, flashing danger and blood?

#2661 31 days ago

The Orca is lit! The brightness of the back box overpowers it a bit, but it looks awesome during the night modes. $20 in parts, mostly because I had to buy a breakout board for the 12V connector on the power supply because I was already using it for the Myth lights. I haven't seen a commercially available topper that looks better than this.
IMG_4488 (resized).jpegIMG_4488 (resized).jpeg

IMG_4495 (resized).jpegIMG_4495 (resized).jpeg
#2662 31 days ago

Jaws Nendoroid Action Figure up for preorder on Amazon ($36.99). Looks like it won’t be released until January next year.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CXPJZTP7

IMG_5117 (resized).jpegIMG_5117 (resized).jpegIMG_5118 (resized).pngIMG_5118 (resized).pngIMG_5119 (resized).pngIMG_5119 (resized).pngIMG_5120 (resized).pngIMG_5120 (resized).png
#2663 30 days ago

How about this one as a topper.

Bruce_001 (resized).jpgBruce_001 (resized).jpgBruce_002 (resized).jpgBruce_002 (resized).jpg
#2664 30 days ago

I’ve had the game setup for less than 20 plays and I’ve already had the ball get trapped in the boat/shark contraption three times. I don’t personally care, but when thinking about tournament play, does that count as a stuck ball during multiball?

#2665 30 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve had the game setup for less than 20 plays and I’ve already had the ball get trapped in the boat/shark contraption three times. I don’t personally care, but when thinking about tournament play, does that count as a stuck ball during multiball?

Do you have code 0.87 on it? There’s a setting for this. I had to reduce the value for it to work on mine but it works great. It recognizes there’s a ball and brings the shark up right away to release the ball.

#2666 30 days ago

Hi - do you get a lot of SDTM shots when hitting the fishing reel? I am trying to figure out if this is normal or if something is wrong with our machine/setup. I took a slow-mo video and see that it is hitting the metal flashing and shooting it down the middle. It seems as very slow shots will feed down into the upper flipper, but anything with a little speed does what the video is showing. TIA for any feedback. Here is a link to the video:

https://vimeo.com/928622490/67e3ea11e2?share=copy

#2667 30 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Hi - do you get a lot of SDTM shots when hitting the fishing reel? I am trying to figure out if this is normal or if something is wrong with our machine/setup. I took a slow-mo video and see that it is hitting the metal flashing and shooting it down the middle. It seems as very slow shots will feed down into the upper flipper, but anything with a little speed does what the video is showing. TIA for any feedback. Here is a link to the video:

Are you level, and what's your PF pitch?

If you upload that video to youtube and post the link, pinside will automatically embed the video, which means a lot more people will probably check it out.

#2668 30 days ago

Evening all. So when I hit the shot to the upper playfield on my recently picked up Premium… the ball absolutely rockets thru there. I mean it is cooking You need to be all over it or you have no chance whatsoever to hit a shot.

I was watching Karls Twitch stream last night and noticed his is quite a bit slower.

Wondering what other folks are seeing on their machines? I get its supposed to be fast and challenging but mine seems excessively so.

#2669 30 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you level, and what's your PF pitch?
If you upload that video to youtube and post the link, pinside will automatically embed the video, which means a lot more people will probably check it out.

Hey thanks PinMonk (by the way, love your products). The playfield is at 6.7 right now. Thanks for the tip on YouTube.

#2670 30 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Yes, we often get balls SDTM on an auto plunge or full plunges. I normally soft plunge to prevent this.

#2671 30 days ago

Make sure game is level at flippers AND at the back of PF (in front of the boat).

Quoted from LMTLESS:

Hey thanks PinMonk (by the way, love your products). The playfield is at 6.7 right now. Thanks for the tip on YouTube.

#2672 30 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Yes, we often get balls SDTM on an auto plunge or full plunges. I normally soft plunge to prevent this.

Yeah, getting them almost all the time with left flipper shots to reel---

#2673 30 days ago

Hooper

IMG_2862 (resized).jpegIMG_2862 (resized).jpeg
#2674 30 days ago
Quoted from smokey789:

Hooper
[quoted image]

Shark eats jelly donut

#2675 30 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Shark eats jelly donut

No shit. That looks ridiculous.

#2676 30 days ago
Quoted from toaster777:

Do you have code 0.87 on it? There’s a setting for this. I had to reduce the value for it to work on mine but it works great. It recognizes there’s a ball and brings the shark up right away to release the ball.

I didn’t have it updated. That’s cool to know.

#2677 30 days ago

Shark eats jelly donut

and... they like 'em

#2678 30 days ago

Anyone have issues with the decals falling off the beachgoer standups? The small ones on the outside keep coming off on my Premium and trickle down the playfield. Stern is sending me replacement decals, but wondering if this will resolve the issue.

#2679 30 days ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Anyone have issues with the decals falling off the beachgoer standups? The small ones on the outside keep coming off on my Premium and trickle down the playfield. Stern is sending me replacement decals, but wondering if this will resolve the issue.

It likely will not. The rivet on yours is likely protruding too much, which means unless you replace the target or grind down the rivet, probably the same outcome.

You could try using some 3M 467MP to give the new decals some extra sticky thickness on the back that might overcome the rivet height.

#2680 30 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I too am having this happen. Game is level and I’ve gone from 6.65 - 7.0 pitch but that hasn’t really changed anything. I contacted tech support and was told no ball guide or reel adjustment would work and this was due to a freshly waxed/brand new playfield. I love the game and am hoping that’s the case but that reel shot with the left flipper does what your video shows 9/10 times.

#2681 30 days ago
Quoted from PinDjarin:

I too am having this happen. Game is level and I’ve gone from 6.65 - 7.0 pitch but that hasn’t really changed anything. I contacted tech support and was told no ball guide or reel adjustment would work and this was due to a freshly waxed/brand new playfield. I love the game and am hoping that’s the case but that reel shot with the left flipper does what your video shows 9/10 times.

Can you take a pic of your ball guide where it exits? I saw one on location that was clearly bent out of shape. Maybe your's has the same issue.

#2682 30 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I got rid of this problem (more or less) by slightly bending the ball guide. I lifted up the boat and pushed on the rear of the guide so that it would slightly alter the feed and guide the ball more towards the pop bumper. I had to press hard as hell, but it did the job. There's also a post somewhere in this thread that talks about loosening the guide to move it slightly, but I found that after I attempted my brute force method.

There are others responding to this issue talking about SDTM on a full plunge, which is obviously the other way through the reel. I solved that by replacing the black rubber ring on the post at the reel exit with a smaller clear Titan ring. Very consistent right flipper ball feeds now.

#2683 30 days ago
Quoted from bocce:

Can you take a pic of your ball guide where it exits? I saw one on location that was clearly bent out of shape. Maybe your's has the same issue.

Slow rolling shots or back hands feed the mini lane as intended, but anything clean with the left flipper does what the video shows.

IMG_3640 (resized).jpegIMG_3640 (resized).jpeg
#2684 30 days ago

My main problem at the moment is auto plunge isn’t consistent at all. Many times it just dribbles into the reel or hits the front of the left side of the metal guide. Sometimes it works perfectly though so no amount of adjusting plunge power fixes it consistently. I’m getting flashbacks to the hours I spent dialing in Maiden’s plunge.

#2685 30 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

My main problem at the moment is auto plunge isn’t consistent at all. Many times it just dribbles into the reel or hits the front of the left side of the metal guide. Sometimes it works perfectly though so no amount of adjusting plunge power fixes it consistently. I’m getting flashbacks to the hours I spent dialing in Maiden’s plunge.

Same issue. Not sure why.

#2686 30 days ago

Shark eats jelly donut

Y’all can bite me

#2687 29 days ago
Quoted from smokey789:

Hooper
[quoted image]

I once met a woman with lipstick like that… seemed like a good idea at the time…

As I recall… she DID bite me.

#2688 29 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

I once met a woman with lipstick like that… seemed like a good idea at the time…
As I recall… she DID bite me.

LMAO

#2689 29 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

mine does the same thing

#2690 29 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

mine does the same thing

Thanks for all the feedback everyone- quick question.... can anyone on here say that when they hit the reel shot from the lower left flipper that they get it to fall into the mid right flipper the majority of the time? 90% of the time? 80% of the time?

Thanks!!

#2691 29 days ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Turned on my new Jaws for the first time and a couple things I’ve noticed:
* large scratch on the translite, didn’t see it when not turned on and interesting that is on the back side of the translite. Told my distributor hoping Stern will replace it for me.
* had a service notice on the left flipper and it’s apparently cleared itself. Haven’t played more than just testing things out and hope this remains good.
Amazing looking game. Hoping someone has some feedback on white paint for couple scratches on back leg but can wait to flip this later tonight!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just thought I'd give an update on Jaws after playing several games last two nights.

* Service notice on left flipper cleared itself - seems to be working fine. Started process to get the translite replaced.
* My shark fin wasn't appearing through the playfield and then suddenly it started working. Airballs are happening like crazy off of the fin plastic - already ordered the plastic fix and once I get it I'll check on the alignment of the shark fin assembly under the playfield but for now seems to work every time.
* Really like the upper playfield shots!

#2692 29 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Thanks for all the feedback everyone- quick question.... can anyone on here say that when they hit the reel shot from the lower left flipper that they get it to fall into the mid right flipper the majority of the time? 90% of the time? 80% of the time?
Thanks!!

I only can say that the Pro I had did it more reliably than the Premium. BUT I had juiced the Pro reel with the zoom spout oiler, which I haven't done on the Premium yet. So I'm not sure if it was a production difference or the juiced reel gave more reliable output for the ball path.

#2693 29 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Thanks!!

On mine the left flipper shot into the reel has been I think 100% into the mini flipper lane. I can’t recall it not going there.

#2694 29 days ago

672 in the house! Trusty hoist system saves the day again. Turned it on to see which version code shipped with it (.085) and will dive into it over the next week. At first glance simply gorgeous. The cab and glass look amazing. Finally JAWS is home and the wife is also excited! Now let the troubleshooting begin. And thanks to Elizabeth at TPF she signed our LE flyer and later took a pic with the wife. Thanks Elizabeth!

IMG_3701 (resized).jpegIMG_3701 (resized).jpegIMG_3689 (resized).jpegIMG_3689 (resized).jpegIMG_3691 (resized).jpegIMG_3691 (resized).jpegIMG_3692 (resized).jpegIMG_3692 (resized).jpegIMG_7907 (resized).jpegIMG_7907 (resized).jpegIMG_3696 (resized).jpegIMG_3696 (resized).jpegIMG_3699 (resized).jpegIMG_3699 (resized).jpegIMG_3706 (resized).jpegIMG_3706 (resized).jpegIMG_3709 (resized).jpegIMG_3709 (resized).jpegIMG_3708 (resized).jpegIMG_3708 (resized).jpegIMG_7807 (resized).jpegIMG_7807 (resized).jpegIMG_7852 (resized).jpegIMG_7852 (resized).jpeg
#2695 29 days ago
IMG_3715 (resized).jpegIMG_3715 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
#2696 29 days ago

Damn game validation error keeps popping up. Restricts me from using IC. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes not. Are we under the consensus it’s a code bug?

#2697 29 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Damn game validation error keeps popping up. Restricts me from using IC. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes not. Are we under the consensus it’s a code bug?

It's usually an issue after upgrade and once the system has enough time to do a sanity check on the disk it will go away. If it keeps coming back, consider swapping your SD card.

#2698 29 days ago

With several games played ,I still have not seen the video and a try with the 3D glasses. Not sure it is my pinball machine or I am not doing the right thing. I can see where the one of 5 inserts in front of the 3 standup targets has one that reads video. Should that light up, where do I shoot to start video. And also which way to light that insert spin the first place. Seems to me the 3D videos unique and should be able to get to it once in awhile.

#2699 29 days ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Interesting, I never have SDTMs on the reel, it either hits the rubber and floats to the left flipper or does the figure 8 to the mini .. I did replace rubbers with titans and put a drop of super lube before ball 1 was played so I don't have a comparison before and after if these changes affected mine.

#2700 29 days ago

Respect for your hoist system! Well done!!

Quoted from theironmaiden:

672 in the house! Trusty hoist system saves the day again. Turned it on to see which version code shipped with it (.085) and will dive into it over the next week. At first glance simply gorgeous. The cab and glass look amazing. Finally JAWS is home and the wife is also excited! Now let the troubleshooting begin. And thanks to Elizabeth at TPF she signed our LE flyer and later took a pic with the wife. Thanks Elizabeth!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 3,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-owners-club/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.