pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4709 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2900 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 6.56.30?PM (resized).jpeg
IMG_1846 (resized).JPG
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 3 months ago

This thread is for people to advertise and discuss mods for the Stern Jaws pinball machine.

#2 3 months ago

I’ll kick things off with my Jaws barrel shooter rod. This is 3D printed, custom painted and weathered. It’s mounted on a Stern compatible shooter rod blank.

I may add some twine to replicate the ropes on the barrels, depends on how the twine holds up to repeated use.

PM me if you’re interested, I’ll be taking pre-orders and will start shipping in a week or so.

Preliminary pricing is $85 shipped to the continental US.

This is prototype #1.IMG_7079 (resized).jpegIMG_7079 (resized).jpeg

IMG_7081 (resized).jpegIMG_7081 (resized).jpeg

#3 3 months ago

I just saw these on Etsy. Pick your scale.

etsy75 (resized).pngetsy75 (resized).png
#4 3 months ago

Isnt there one of those on the game already?

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’ll kick things off with my Jaws barrel shooter rod. This is 3D printed, custom painted and weathered. It’s mounted on a Stern compatible shooter rod blank.
I may add some twine to replicate the ropes on the barrels, depends on how the twine holds up to repeated use.
PM me if you’re interested, I’ll be taking pre-orders and will start shipping in a week or so.
Preliminary pricing is $85 shipped to the continental US.
This is prototype #1.[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sign me up for a pre-order as I will take one.

#6 3 months ago

Someone please do an Orca sculpt to go in the upper left of the Pro.

#7 3 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Isnt there one of those on the game already?

There is a barrel shooter rod on the LE only.

These are for pros and premiums.

#8 3 months ago

I’m thinking someone will make an upgraded boat in short order. It looks like a screwed down plastic so it shouldn’t be too hard to get a 3D sculpt that would work.

I’d also expect an upgraded stern for the Orca 3D sculpt.

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

There is a barrel shooter rod on the LE only.
These are for pros and premiums.

Not to kick tires but, like all the other shooter rod upgrades on the stern site, you can't just buy the official barrel shooter rod and fit it on your Pro?

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Not to kick tires but, like all the other shooter rod upgrades on the stern site, you can't just buy the official barrel shooter rod and fit it on your Pro?

Harpoon gun handle that's connected to the action button would make the most sense. Something like @j85m's Bond shooter mod that works as a plunger or a button launcher.

#11 3 months ago

This needs a shark cage mod. Would have been cool if there was a shark cage descending into the playfield and rising like the Godzilla building mech. Have the cage be the physical ball lock somehow.

#12 3 months ago

My wife may be making some playfield glass dust covers with Mayor Vaughn's coat pattern.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13 3 months ago

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

No, Stern has a database of the scum, chum-buckets who bought the cheaper pin and has them blacklisted from buying all the cool stuff from the Limited editions. It's your fault you can't afford $13,000.

#17 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackKnight3000:

No, Stern has a database of the scum, chum-buckets who bought the cheaper pin and has them blacklisted from buying all the cool stuff from the Limited editions. It's your fault you can't afford $13,000.

What is your problem??

#18 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackKnight3000:

This is so funny, or is it?

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

My wife may be making some playfield glass dust covers with Mayor Vaughn's coat pattern. [quoted image]

According to the "Making Of Jaws" documentary, that jacket was found by accident just sitting on a rack while the production company staff were searching local shops for interior props to be used in Brody's house.

#20 3 months ago

My topper $999.99 limited edition only 500 available in color way 1.

IMG_0128 (resized).jpegIMG_0128 (resized).jpeg
#21 3 months ago

Ben gardners boat. Get rid of that fisher price in middle pf.

IMG_7238 (resized).jpegIMG_7238 (resized).jpeg
#22 3 months ago

My wife may be making some playfield glass dust covers with Mayor Vaughn's coat pattern. [quoted image]

Oh hell yeah. I’m in! Anchors away!

#23 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Yes, you probably will be able to buy a shooter rod from Stern for over $100.

Looking at their current shooter rods:
007 - $179
Rush - $159
TMNT - $129
Elvira - $169
Iron Maiden - $109
Star Wars - $169
Deadpool - $109
Guardians - $169
Led Zeppelin - $169
Jurassic Park - $179
Mando - $129
Godzilla - $179

Or....you could buy mine for $85.

#24 3 months ago

I'm not getting a Jaws machine but I have to say if I ordered one THIS is the first thing I'd purchase. Lol.

#25 3 months ago

A lot of stuff is exposed for the ball to come into contact on this game

Quoted from underlord:

Ben gardners boat. Get rid of that fisher price in middle pf. [quoted image]

Replacement boats 3D printed at home won’t last 5 minutes.

#26 3 months ago

Need a Orca made for the Pro!

#27 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Harpoon gun handle that's connected to the action button would make the most sense. Something like @j85m's Bond shooter mod that works as a plunger or a button launcher.

Thanks Vic but other than a small final run for bond my shooter days are behind me, they where a royal pain in the ass but Bond had to have the shifter eject button.

#28 3 months ago

Need a better looking cage on the pro

#29 3 months ago

I think its a no-brainer that marine themed dock buildings will be a great mod, say HO scale stuff, I'm considering a Pro and doing this all myself, lighting windows with leds

https://fosscalemodels.com/collections/waterfront-kits-ho-scale-1/products/marshalls-gas-dock-ho-scale-kit

https://fosscalemodels.com/collections/waterfront-kits-ho-scale-1/products/buds-gas-bait-ho-scale-kit

https://fosscalemodels.com/collections/waterfront-kits-ho-scale-1/products/delgiorno-fish-co-ho-scale-kit

and yes a good scale orca will be soooo good to see

Lee

#30 3 months ago

Here are Rocket City Pinball's 3D Start buttons and 3D Coin Reject buttons!

Jaws_Start_Thread (resized).jpgJaws_Start_Thread (resized).jpg

JawsCoins-Thumb (resized).jpgJawsCoins-Thumb (resized).jpg

These buttons were SO fun to design, and I love how they turned out. The start button utilizes SEVEN different filament colors!

Now available in my shop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/10082-3d-start-button-jaws
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/10083-3d-coin-reject-buttons-jaws

#31 3 months ago

Need a better and more detailed Bruce for my LE.
Upgrade the Orca too.

#32 3 months ago

I’ll be selling anchors for all those who know the game won’t leave their gameroom.

#33 3 months ago

https://a.co/d/4ISala7

Screenshot_20240105_003503_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240105_003503_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#34 3 months ago

I’m not a modder myself, but the game needs some stuff like buoys. Maybe a lighthouse spotlight mod.

#35 3 months ago

On Amazon:

IMG_7093 (resized).pngIMG_7093 (resized).png
#36 3 months ago

I making player mats with a sand design, for those too afraid to go into the water

#37 3 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ben gardners boat. Get rid of that fisher price in middle pf. [quoted image]

I agree, the boat needs to be replaced. I ordered all 3 versions so I started designing several MODs for Pro/Prem/LE games and will jump into testing fitment once they arrive. Pro routed games should be out around the end of the month and I believe LEs next and Prems sometime near March.

#38 3 months ago

Just ordered two. That's awesome!

#39 3 months ago

FlipMods will be making a bunch of cool things for Jaws! We are already working on shooter rods, flipper toppers, shooter rod plates and all the usual mods, plus other unique mods like a boat, etc. as well

We are modeling the shooter rod off the shark on the playfield to look something like this. Obviously this is a digital design.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Happy modding all!!

#40 3 months ago

Here are my GW flipper toppers. Resin printed with flexible resin and hand painted. We should have them ready in about 2-3 weeks. We have several mods were working on and test printing
Stay tuned

IMG_20240104_143625770_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240104_143625770_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240104_143641407_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240104_143641407_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240104_143650055_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240104_143650055_HDR (resized).jpg
#41 3 months ago
Quoted from TFK:

Here are my GW flipper toppers. Resin printed with flexible resin and hand painted. We should have them ready in about 2-3 weeks. We have several mods were working on and test printing
Stay tuned
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Will also work wonders for when balls try to jump over the flipper bat because of their spin

Cosmetics and better gameplay!

#42 3 months ago

I can see someone making the moving target actually into a shark fin.

#43 3 months ago
Quoted from Bcanz:

I can see someone making the moving target actually into a shark fin.

According to the insider podcast with Elwin and the rest of the team, that was the original design but the air balls it created were crazy - supposedly the fin acts like a jump ramp. I don’t think this would be a good mod given this info.

#44 3 months ago
Quoted from toaster777:

According to the insider podcast with Elwin and the rest of the team, that was the original design but the air balls it created were crazy - supposedly the fin acts like a jump ramp. I don’t think this would be a good mod given this info.

I heard that podcast and am working on a shark fin encased in an acrylics square target. Best of both worlds!

#45 3 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

I heard that podcast and am working on a shark fin encased in an acrylics square target. Best of both worlds!

It does seem like a clear square target with a fin sticker would get most of the effect

#46 3 months ago

When I did my retheme I added a few mods.

Model Jaws shark that comes with Quint, mounted top left with soda cartridge in his mouth like the scuba tank and eyes flash red in monster shark (fish mode). Comes with a shark fin as well.

Simple launch button mod to say hunt, no cost really.

IJ gun shooter to be like Brodys gun.

Barrels on pf are metal bottle openers available online.

Made a harpoon gun like Quints from a real rifle stock to go in reel area.

Clear coin inserts with Jaws 1975 on them.

Actual 14.0 stainless shark hooks on the inlanes.

Packet of Quints Mints in the cab for visitors with bad breath!

Lit Amity bill board sign for a mode

And a Topper I can't use from a garage sale for 20 bucks!

All these can be diy and inexpensive
Maybe some could be used in the new Jaws...

I'm doing an interactive translite for my machine but have also been asked to do a 3d effect translite for the new one along the lines of my Stranger Things one if anyone is interested.

Some pics of above mods.
Pinside_forum_6748114_6 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6748114_6 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6748114_8 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6748114_8 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6752860_5 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6752860_5 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6753186_2740112 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6753186_2740112 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6773238_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6773238_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6940169_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6940169_0 (resized).jpg

#47 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It does seem like a clear square target with a fin sticker would get most of the effect

Stickers never really do much for me, I use theme in rare instances, like on the FF van hood since the ZY artwork had stickers on the hood and bumper. There it was required, other than that I prefer something 3D that adds texture.

#48 3 months ago

You can still get a can of Quint's beer on Ebay.

qb75 (resized).pngqb75 (resized).png
#49 3 months ago
Quoted from starfighter:

You can still get a can of Quint's beer on Ebay.
[quoted image]

This beer is still widely sold, my local beer distributor has it with a life size Quint.

Not a terrible beer, kind of like a PBR.

I’ll be buying a case to drink and crush cans with my game

#50 3 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

That’s a smart idea and I think would work! Let me know when you have one and if it works without air balls I’d be interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 169.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet Parts
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 169.95
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.50
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-mod-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.