IMG_7253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7136 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240503_095758_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
791A084E-C60F-49D8-A507-C67C0F1D6E9D (resized).jpeg
200w (5).gif
IMG_0277 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 164.
#7901 29 days ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hi! Just to respond to this.
I'm not in the loop with anything Haggis related. I believe my first post thought the machine was Jaws with the original tease!
I paid my deposit like everyone else and then waited for production.
In that time covid happened. Life changed. I no longer buy pinball machines for myself. I buy a machine if I can put it on location for the public to play or to rent out to people.
In the past 3 years I've only bought 2 machines.
I think fathom is a poor candidate for being on location. It's too pretty, and from a business perspective wouldn't be desirable to sell after being on location.
For renting it out... The people that I rent too don't even really know 90s games very well unless it's addams/t2/IJ... None of which I have. So an 80s game would be even worse.
So when I was asked to pay the balance a while ago, I asked them to bump me down the list while I thought about it. Money and space was tight at the time as well.
A couple of months later they asked me again. I thought I'd sell my spot be it didn't make sense for me to get it. I looked online and asked some people what spots where going for. And then sold it for the going rate. I had a bunch of people interested.
Thats it.
I think a couple of weeks later they announced the ability to buy a standard unit and have the mermaid edition code.
Some people have messaged me saying there is some insinuation that I have some kind of Insider knowledge. Unfortunately for #PinballDrama it's not true.
I don't think people know how out of the loop I am. I don't watch streams, or listen to podcasts anymore. I do not miss the inner circle of pinball where people told me secrets I didn't ask for and then accused of leaking information I didn't. All the bullying that happens behind the scenes. It's toxic, I hate that world and glad I am out. It's not how I want to enjoy the hobby.
I hope everyone gets their games.

Yep! Now you know my bro why I declined every event you invited me to over the years.

The pinball scene unfortunately is VERY toxic. The envy and jealousy is beyond me!
A particular moderator in Australia on a forum here stopped talking to me because I bought a Tron LE for a bargain!

What a total whack job he was!

#7902 28 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Make no mistake, I don't think

i had to have a chuckle at your expense

#7903 28 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We saw it in Deep Root...there's always going to be some "IT'S NOT OVER MAN!!!" die hards who can't accept reality until it punches them in the face. They'll accept it when they have absolutely no choice otherwise.

Does Dutch Pinball count?

#7904 28 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Peddling saccharine optimism in this thread borderlines on ignorant at this point.
Your fervent passion for Haggis as they perpetually circle the drain is weird.

Sounds like bad religion lyrics

#7905 28 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does Dutch Pinball count?

That's a tough one. I mean they pulled it off. They still ended up screwing folks I'm sure. I know a guy who literally DIED before he got his game, I doubt that money was ever refunded.

But I think we all know how this Haggis thing is gonna end and it ain't pretty!

#7906 28 days ago

I wonder what the actual cost was to make a machine for Haggis...... I mean you'd think for each machine they ship: they make X amount of dollars and get themselves out of the hole a little (even if that means shipping to people who haven't paid in full first vs. the ones who already have).

Unless they were stiffing suppliers and simply couldn't make machines anymore?
Completely wrong way to try and solve their cash flow issues with more orders: all they needed to do was make machines and everything would have turned out ok. How does a manufacturer lose sight of this simple fact? Releasing another game just compounds the core problem.

Maybe Damien only likes the design & dream portion, and not the actual work of building stuff. Should have outsourced to Fix = only thing he understands is building stuff, he just doesn't build stuff people want to buy.

#7907 28 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

You don't think anyone ordered a Centaur?

I think we've been through this before, but here is an easy minimum estimate.
5 Pinsiders have a Beast edition in their "collection" (even though zero have shipped):
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/haggis-centaur-revisited-beast-edition
4 Pinsiders have an Orblivion edition in their "collection" (even though zero have shipped):
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/haggis-centaur-revisited-oblivion-edition

Beast is $2k deposit, Orb is $3k deposit, so that is 5x2k + 4x3k = $22,000 minimum in deposits.
That's on the low side, obviously, and at least one person here already paid in full for a Centaur.

So basically it's a GUESS!!

#7908 28 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I wonder what the actual cost was to make a machine for Haggis...... I mean you'd think for each machine they ship: they make X amount of dollars and get themselves out of the hole a little (even if that means shipping to people who haven't paid in full first vs. the ones who already have).
Completely wrong way to try and solve their cash flow issues with more orders: all they needed to do was make machines and everything would have turned out ok. How does a manufacturer lose sight of this simple fact? Releasing another game just compounds the core problem.
Maybe Damien only likes the design & dream portion, and not the actual work of building stuff. Should have outsourced to Fix = only thing he understands is building stuff, he just doesn't build stuff people want to buy.

If he does not build stuff people want to buy? Must be plenty of stalkers on this thread????????

#7909 27 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a tough one. I mean they pulled it off. They still ended up screwing folks I'm sure. I know a guy who literally DIED before he got his game, I doubt that money was ever refunded.
But I think we all know how this Haggis thing is gonna end and it ain't pretty!

That sucks re guy that died! I agree about Haggis. Silence is not golden.

With DP the whole litigation thing had to be worked out and they figured out a plan with a game that was/is desirable.

TBL is unique, a great theme, and that bowling mech is amazing. Add in the music code update and it’s fun. It’s NOT a remake.

#7910 27 days ago

If they dont survive I should be able to help people with replacement parts. Especially the custom LED boards. The mechs are a little harder, unless someone has access to a bending machine.
But least not all hope is lost in the future for those that have actually received machines.

#7911 27 days ago
Quoted from lachied:

If they dont survive I should be able to help people with replacement parts. Especially the custom LED boards. The mechs are a little harder, unless someone has access to a bending machine.
But least not all hope is lost in the future for those that have actually received machines.

if you have the cad files that will be easy.

#7912 27 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

if you have the cad files that will be easy.

Hopefully whoever buys the residue at auction knows what they are getting in that case.

#7913 27 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hopefully whoever buys the residue at auction knows what they are getting in that case.

has HAGGIS closed and shut up shop?
please advise of this info.
hope not

#7914 27 days ago
Quoted from lachied:

Was there ever a code update to stop it from rebooting between balls on classic mode? Mine does like a second off/on reset, then pops the ball out. It’s fine in Revisited.

#7915 27 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

has HAGGIS closed and shut up shop?
please advise of this info.
hope not

No. The discussion was of parts availability "if Haggis shuts down".

#7916 27 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

There is probably not enough margin and volume (making/shipping too slow) to cover their fixed costs like rent, utilities, salaries, etc. Selling a game for more than the cost of goods does not equate to a company being profitable.

#7917 27 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

There is probably not enough margin and volume (making/shipping too slow) to cover their fixed costs like rent, utilities, salaries, etc. Selling a game for more than the cost of goods does not equate to a company being profitable.

True! But collecting the funds in full for machines and then not actually building them can help make a dent there.

#7918 26 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

No. The discussion was of parts availability "if Haggis shuts down".

wow, i'm lost for words
then again i do like positive in a negative world.
go haggis

#7919 26 days ago

wow, i'm lost for words
then again i do like positive in a negative world.
go haggis

You are rich af, clearly and have no clue how the average 1%r pinball nerd lives.

#7920 26 days ago

I've been waiting 2 years and got this message from Haggis earlier this week...it speaks for itself...

"We are still working hard on our internal restructure process to ensure that we can better deliver on our estimated timeframes and decrease the delays we have faced in getting games in boxes.
At this stage, I don't have an estimated completion date for your game, but we are still 100% committed to getting all games completed as quickly as we possibly can.

I'm sorry that isn't better news and doesn't include a definitive ETA at this stage. We still have a lot of moving parts to bed down just now and I want to make sure I can give a realistic and achievable boxing date before sharing.

Thank you again for your ongoing patience and support, and we will be back in touch as soon as we possibly can with more news on your game."

#7921 26 days ago
Quoted from RCB49:

I've been waiting 2 years and got this message from Haggis earlier this week...it speaks for itself...
"We are still working hard on our internal restructure process to ensure that we can better deliver on our estimated timeframes and decrease the delays we have faced in getting games in boxes.
At this stage, I don't have an estimated completion date for your game, but we are still 100% committed to getting all games completed as quickly as we possibly can.
I'm sorry that isn't better news and doesn't include a definitive ETA at this stage. We still have a lot of moving parts to bed down just now and I want to make sure I can give a realistic and achievable boxing date before sharing.
Thank you again for your ongoing patience and support, and we will be back in touch as soon as we possibly can with more news on your game."

kinda gives me vibes of that talking heads song - "your'e talking a lot, but not saying anything....."

#7922 26 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You are rich af, clearly and have no clue how the average 1%r pinball nerd lives.

Nope, but I am rich in where it really matters.

#7923 26 days ago

"to ensure that we can better deliver on our estimated timeframes and decrease the delays we have faced"

What is he gonna do, go back in time? Better dates are 5 months in the review mirror.

#7924 26 days ago

In some ways people should be deterred from putting money into Haggis as it is evident that it is a sinking ship. In other ways it may be the only way that people who have already paid for games obtain them. Either way its obviously a losing battle, or at least seems to be.

#7925 26 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

In other ways it may be the only way that people who have already paid for games obtain them.

Yeah that’s kind of how ponzis work.

#7926 26 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah that’s kind of how ponzis work.

They prefer the term "upside-down-funnel model"

#7927 26 days ago

Nope, but I am rich in where it really matters.

Cranial real estate

#7928 26 days ago

Probably shouldn't have wasted tons on custom cabinets with haggis engravings on the back that no one can see, giant acrylic posters and other random junk. When I got my game my first thought was how much profits are they wasting on crap that doesn't matter.

#7929 26 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Probably shouldn't have wasted tons on custom cabinets with haggis engravings on the back that no one can see, giant acrylic posters and other random junk. When I got my game my first thought was how much profits are they wasting on crap that doesn't matter.

So you got your machine and that was the first thought?Really?They stack it high in the states.

#7930 26 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

So you got your machine and that was the first thought?Really?They stack it high in the states.

My first thoughts were that it's a beautiful build with tons of excessive expensive extras that add nothing to the game or the experience. I even messaged a friend about it and we were both at a loss at all the wasted money. Turns out our concerns were correct. Haggis was wasting the deposit money on dumb crap instead of making everyone's games.

#7931 26 days ago

good grief, some people.
yeah, you are 100% correct

#7932 26 days ago

good grief, some people.
yeah, you are 100% correct

Keep defending the company that has screwed a lot of people out of deposits and several out of full game payments. It's a great look....

#7933 25 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Keep defending the company that has screwed a lot of people out of deposits and several out of full game payments. It's a great look....

You obviously don’t read this thread. They’re still open and building machines .
Late, hell yes.
Screwed people ? I don’t think so , just very very delayed.
But you know better I guess

#7934 25 days ago

I seriously cannot believe there are still folks here going to bat for Haggis.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I hope every creditor who is owed money or a pinball machine from Haggis has hired an attorney.

Unlikely to get anything, I know. I just think it is worth it to call Haggis to account.

#7935 25 days ago
Quoted from bane:

I hope every creditor who is owed money or a pinball machine from Haggis has hired an attorney.
Unlikely to get anything, I know. I just think it is worth it to call Haggis to account.

You must be an attorney.

Your pithy sayings are very wise too, where did you think up the none so blind one? Amazing!

How are you calling people to account? You've got haggis on the carpet now in your mind by bitching on pinside?

Thrown out of the thread for a few weeks again i spose, for daring to speak.

Go mods!

Go Haggis

#7936 25 days ago

Gosh, was I thrown out of the thread? Don’t think so. Try again.

Take Haggis to court. Get your money back, if you are able.

Mods are welcome.

#7937 25 days ago

Pinball is fun.

#7938 25 days ago

Here we are in 2024 and I still thought Aussies and Yanks spoke the Kings English?
Until the time that Haggis say they are finished! I am 100% am sure they are trying their utmost to
Give people the pleasure of their games.
If I’m wrong, so be it, but the diatribe on these threads are over the top.
Some of you are getting personal and need to relax, attacks are a sign of weakness
Have a tip top weekend from the best country in the world Australia

#7939 25 days ago
Quoted from bane:

Gosh, was I thrown out of the thread? Don’t think so. Try again.

I think you'll find he was talking about himself not you...........

#7940 25 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:Here we are in 2024 and I still thought Aussies and Yanks spoke the Kings English?
Until the time that Haggis say they are finished! I am 100% am sure they are trying their utmost to
Give people the pleasure of their games.
If I’m wrong, so be it, but the diatribe on these threads are over the top.
Some of you are getting personal and need to relax, attacks are a sign of weakness
Have a tip top weekend from the best country in the world Australia

This thread:
"Sure seems like haggis stole my money"
'silly Americans'
"..."

#7941 25 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

My first thoughts were that it's a beautiful build with tons of excessive expensive extras that add nothing to the game or the experience. I even messaged a friend about it and we were both at a loss at all the wasted money. Turns out our concerns were correct. Haggis was wasting the deposit money on dumb crap instead of making everyone's games.

and why did you buy it? as I said it is stacked pretty high in the states.

#7942 25 days ago
Quoted from bane:

putting down a deposit on a pinball machine or hiring an attorney? Now who will screw you more ?

#7943 25 days ago

You obviously don’t read this thread. They’re still open and building machines .
Late, hell yes.
Screwed people ? I don’t think so , just very very delayed.
But you know better I guess

You are truly clueless. Haggis contacted me literally 1 week before the "we need to recapitalize" asking for full payment for centaur because mine was about to be built. This was obviously a straight lie and they were hoping people would send in payments that would allow them to build another backlogged fathom. They long since knew the centaurs were not happening. This makes Daemon at best a liar, and at worst a liar and a complete theif.

Quoted from gold1:

and why did you buy it? as I said it is stacked pretty high in the states.

Because I love 1980 Bally games. If I had to do things over again I would have just found a restored original. Things must be getting really rough down under. It's pathetic to see so many Australians defending this liar.

#7944 25 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You are truly clueless. Haggis contacted me literally 1 week before the "we need to recapitalize" asking for full payment for centaur because mine was about to be built. This was obviously a straight lie and they were hoping people would send in payments that would allow them to build another backlogged fathom. They long since knew the centaurs were not happening. This makes Daemon at best a liar, and at worst a liar and a complete theif.

Because I love 1980 Bally games. If I had to do things over again I would have just found a restored original. Things must be getting really rough down under. It's pathetic to see so many Australians defending this liar.

Nooo they haven't done anything wrong! They're just LaTe! I love Haggis and Damien gluckgluckgluck

#7945 25 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I haven’t seen the email or heard anything of the sort until now. I hope not as it is not cool.
Would love to see a copy or have you posted it already?
You say you have your machine ( fathom ?)
So your beef is now Centaur build or what Ami missing? Is it because they asked for money?

#7946 25 days ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do you like your game?
Are you looking forward to Centaur?
Why did you buy initially?

Us pinball folks are strange!

#7947 25 days ago

I haven’t seen the email or heard anything of the sort until now. I hope not as it is not cool.
So your beef is now Centaur build or what Ami missing? Is it because they asked for money?

Don't forget about Pinballrocks who has 2 fathoms and a centaur paid for. They pulled the exact same move on him, hit him up for payment like a week before the e-mail. Hes paid for 3 games and received zero games. But yeah lets be PoSiTiVe about these scummy tactics. Insane.

Do you like your game?
Are you looking forward to Centaur?
Why did you buy initially?
Us pinball folks are strange!

Dude....what!?

#7948 25 days ago
Screenshot_20240503_095758_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240503_095758_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#7949 25 days ago

We have mind reading experts on pinside maybe you folks should have a career in government.

#7950 25 days ago

Why are you here commenting if you literally know nothing about what is happening?

Haggis sent out an email to all people owed a fathom or centaur stating the need to restructure and recapitalize and that games are delayed with no known completion date.

To anyone with any common sense this means they are out of money and nothing is happening unless they find a sucker's investor (which won't happen because Haggis prices are no longer viable in the current pinball market).

It just so happens that Haggis emailed me requesting full payment for my Centaur as it was about to start production days before the "restructuring" email was sent. So please old-school, find a way to defend that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Minot, ND
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.