IMG_5074 (resized).jpeg
Bond (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
MD (resized).jpeg
Captura de pantalla 2024-05-07 a la(s) 11.16.06?p.m. (resized).png
Franken Bond (resized).png
PXL_20240429_172009171 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14992 55 days ago

My buddy and I picked up a NIB Bond Premo and am diving into the game. I never was able to connect with this game playing it on location. Several friends kept telling me I need to check it out in a home environment to really open it up. I think part of the problem was the offset ramp locations and standard rocket bank targets. Playing on location felt like I was getting jipped with quick frustrating drains(Oh there goes another dollar down the drain). Well after getting it dialed in for the home and starting to learn the geometry it is starting to come alive for me. I am a huge Bond fan and that really helps with the connection. I got the 60th a few weeks ago and am having a love affair with it as well. -So far so good and glad some friends talked me into it giving it a try in a home environment.

Also FYI Stern-whoever inspector #2 is did not do their job properly. Missing pin to hold coin box in place? Coin box was rattling around quite a bit during transport and marks all over inside of cabinet and was upside down when opening. I have seen others without the coinbox pin installed-C'mon Stern!

#14994 55 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This happens all of the time, the pin backs out during shipping

I have never had it happen yet. Saw multiple JAWS owners with same issue last week. I can't find pin-so makes me think it was left out or they ran out and didn't give a shit?

#14996 55 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Look on the bright side, at least it didn't damage anything

Yea it plays perfect so I do have that going for me. I was thinking this morning how much I really do like Stern machines compared to other manufacturers. I am a Stern fanboy for sure

What I like about Stern games is they feel complete, dialed in and reliable. The tolerances are tight and the gameplay just feels right. They take the time to make sure everything comes together and it shows. -Keep up the good work Stern-I appreciate all the efforts.

#14998 55 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Quality wise I think JJP has the upper hand

I think ever since WOZ people think JJP has better quality. Well it has more bells and whistles and lots of rainbow lights-it must be better? So I actually think the opposite-more shit you put in something-more potential issues arise. Seeing brand new Elton's breaking down with low plays-but gosh darn it that cabinet has sparkles in it-it must be better? JJP has never had their shit together imo and the quality of build is nowhere near Sterns. Spooky is still somewhat of a homebrew quality wise. CGC is right behind Stern in terms of quality of build but those days are winding down now. Stern is still the dominate force and have a proven track record.

#15000 55 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Stern Has Better

Playing Games
Coded Games
Insider Connected

You just proved my point. JJP has lots of lipstick and Stern has solid playing games

Insider connect needs to be a kit-not everyone likes it

2 weeks later
#15272 35 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

I have seriously considered a LT but I need to play one several times first to make sure I like it enough. The theme is perfect, I'm a huge LT fan.

I am in the same boat. I want to get a good amount of time on one and decide if it will be worthy? My concern is the sound effects getting super annoying and clips becoming repetitive. Boink-Boink-DING-Boink-Ding-Boink-Boink

I expressed my concern in the hype thread and all the newbies chased me off-only positive comments allowed

#15273 35 days ago

I thought I remember delays in early code due to licensor approvals. Could be that code is waiting for approvals-no?

#15351 32 days ago

Watched Thunderball with friends again yesterday. I have to say it is my favorite Sean Connery Bond. Still like- A View to a Kill the best though

-It really helps with connection to the theme when watching the classic films-and it gets the juices flowing again

Bond-James Bond

Thunderball.gifThunderball.gif

#15355 31 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just gets kinda bogged down with the endless underwater stuff

I think the under water scenes is what makes it so special. The amount of divers and coordination while filming must have been a huge undertaking. Keep in mind this is all pre computer generated images era where filming these types of scenes took an army to accomplish. Also some really nice racks in this movie-and I am not talking about car racks

#15356 31 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Watching all of the Connery films is on my list of things to do in the coming weeks

Shaken not stirred sir

James-Bond-Sean-Connery-Art-by-Peter-Engels-05-scaled (resized).jpgJames-Bond-Sean-Connery-Art-by-Peter-Engels-05-scaled (resized).jpg
#15359 31 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

But someone has to show them the movies. They're not likely to seek them out on their own.

I was listening to the 50's music station on my Pandora doing house chores and my daughter starts singing along to an obscure song that was on. I was baffled? I asked her how and the heck do you know about this song? She replied-'Tik Tok'

There may be hope for the future after all

#15361 31 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Getting mine tomorrow!

Boom.gifBoom.gif
1 week later
#15714 20 days ago

I have to say I really enjoyed watching Nick blow it up! He can really play and I was amazed how he kept the ball away from the outlanes the majority of the time(what's the secret?) . Cool to see the wizard mode come into fruition.

It is a little funny to me though-Stern gives away extra balls like the ice cream man hands out cones and people can finally advance without 5 ball-hip hip hoorah! Kids would you like 5 extra balls or 2 ice cream cones?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 55.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.