IMG_3503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
20240423_202846 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_185527284 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8400 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 317.
#15051 31 days ago

It's Thursday - get ready for code....

Disappoinment. Get ready for code disappointment.

Heheh

#15052 31 days ago

maybe next thursday....

Quoted from Ollulanus:

It's Thursday - get ready for code....
Disappoinment. Get ready for code disappointment.
Heheh

#15053 31 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

maybe next thursday....

Maybe some Thursday....

#15054 31 days ago

About to join this club with a Premium. I absolutely love playing it in the arcade with all the cool toys and callouts and of course the iconic music. How does it stand up over time? Any must have mods? Do the speakers need upgrading or does it sound ok as is? Thanks!

#15055 31 days ago

It doesn't get old.

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

About to join this club with a Premium. I absolutely love playing it in the arcade with all the cool toys and callouts and of course the iconic music. How does it stand up over time? Any must have mods? Do the speakers need upgrading or does it sound ok as is? Thanks!

#15056 31 days ago

it stands. Classic. Love it. (except the movie insert logic)

#15057 31 days ago

Yes I think now it‘s time for George to bring 1.0 over the line

#15058 31 days ago

It could be in my top 3 games honestly. The shots are great and it has so much to do. Awesome game!

#15059 31 days ago

If it doesn't already have it, you will want:
1) the jetpack pin fix from Rocket City Pinball
2) The Bond girl loop fix (for prem/LE)
You don't have to buy a mod, but I recommend extending the foam padding to the top of the cavity in the left JP eject. This prevents bounce-outs.

Those are musts. Optional mods:
3) 007 multiplier light insert replacement
4) If you are willing to spend the $, Jazzbouche's Goldfinger Laser Mod is the single coolest and most sophisticated mod I've ever seen. It's actually a game within the game - and looks cool as hell even when the laser isn't powered on.
5) side art blades or mirror blades.
6) Little Nellie gyrocopter with helipad to cover the diverter at the center top of the PF
7) shaker. You really want a shaker for the Bond...James Bond MB wizard!

Lots of other great mods, but that's a good start

#15060 31 days ago

I knew the code wasn't coming today, but it does sting a little bit to see both FF and Venom get to 1.0 code before Bond...

#15061 31 days ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

I knew the code wasn't coming today, but it does sting a little bit to see both FF and Venom get to 1.0 code before Bond...

Got the email, came to upvote this comment

#15062 31 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

If it doesn't already have it, you will want:
1) the jetpack pin fix from Rocket City Pinball
2) The Bond girl loop fix (for prem/LE)
You don't have to buy a mod, but I recommend extending the foam padding to the top of the cavity in the left JP eject. This prevents bounce-outs.
Those are musts. Optional mods:
3) 007 multiplier light insert replacement
4) If you are willing to spend the $, Jazzbouche's Goldfinger Laser Mod is the single coolest and most sophisticated mod I've ever seen. It's actually a game within the game - and looks cool as hell even when the laser isn't powered on.
5) side art blades or mirror blades.
6) Little Nellie gyrocopter with helipad to cover the diverter at the center top of the PF
7) shaker. You really want a shaker for the Bond...James Bond MB wizard!
Lots of other great mods, but that's a good start

100% agree with this list.

Additions
1.) Pino Pinballs : Mach 1 totally fills out the left side of the playfield.

2.) if you want to go to the dark side and be a cheater for life … you need the Scuba Kick Mod

#15063 31 days ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

Ugh, friggen Venom has 1.0 now?

It is nuts that it’s been over 18 months now.

I really think they had to revamp the whole damn thing.

#15064 31 days ago

I’m thinking of picking one of these up if my IMDN Pro sells.

Going through the usual pro vs premium debate. Leaning pro at this point. Does anybody know what distros are getting for a NIB premium?

#15065 31 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

2.) if you want to go to the dark side and be a cheater for life … you need the Scuba Kick Mod

No sir, not if it changes the mechanics of the game and scoring. I feel the same about the Jaws ball eater mod. Cool, but not for me.

#15066 31 days ago

Crotch Kick Thursday, let’em ring boys

IMG_8187 (resized).jpegIMG_8187 (resized).jpeg
#15067 31 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

Crotch Kick Thursday, let’em ring boys[quoted image]

This one hurts!

#15068 31 days ago
Quoted from msf001:

Had a heckuva game tonight. Got two inserts on the first ball. Only ended with three. Faded hard after the first run. I know, it doesn’t count since I’m in the Cheaters Club but it was a great game. [quoted image]

How are you cheating? Extra felt on the left side by scuba shot?

#15069 31 days ago

Ok. Venom 1.0 today, still no Bond? Not cool bro, not cool.

#15070 31 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

This one hurts!

I knew Bond 1.0 was not happening, but did not see us losing this race. <insert head shake>

#15071 31 days ago

Counterpoint: venom blows and the poor wretches stuck with one deserve 1.0 more than we do.

#15072 31 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Counterpoint: venom blows and the poor wretches stuck with one deserve 1.0 more than we do.

Hey! I’m getting one Thursday! Good to try something different. Not every game needs as much coding as bond. It wasn’t a huge update on venom.

#15073 31 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey! I’m getting one Thursday! Good to try something different. Not every game needs as much coding as bond. It wasn’t a huge update on venom.

A Venom or a Bond?

#15074 31 days ago

A Venom or a Bond?

Venom. Already have bond. When I got my bond everyone was whinging about the lack of code. I got one thinking try something new. Turned out to be one of my favourites. Maybe venom will do the same. Maybe not. Guess it doesn’t matter what others think. As long as I don’t try to resell straight away.

#15075 31 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah the Bond 1.0 will be so good! Takes time to create even more greatness.

The other pin stiffs need it more.

Then we get the Goldfinger LE

#15076 31 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Ugh, friggen Venom has 1.0 now?
It is nuts that it’s been over 18 months now.
I really think they had to revamp the whole damn thing.

At this point, I don't care. I just want a 1.0 to bring it all together and be right.

#15077 31 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

Additions
1.) Pino Pinballs : Mach 1 totally fills out the left side of the playfield.

I'll add an optional mod that I have. Rocket City's Spectre logo flasher cover on the back. It looks really good and goes well with the Spectre letters on the back.

#15078 31 days ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

I'll add an optional mod that I have. Rocket City's Spectre logo flasher cover on the back. It looks really good and goes well with the Spectre letters on the back.

I'm very happy with the RCP mods I've gotten for Jaws. Thanks Andy and Chrissy!

#15079 31 days ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

At this point, I don't care. I just want a 1.0 to bring it all together and be right.

Certainly, this long break between updates has me intrigued. What is taking so long to finish? Has the coding team really been working on Bond or were they pulled onto another project?

#15080 30 days ago

I spoke with Mr Gomez and Mike V at TPF and I asked about if there is going to be any crossover between the Cornerstones and Bond 60th and both of them replied “It’s coming and it’s really cool”.

tumblr_mdk0iacW6Z1qdxrrdo1_500.giftumblr_mdk0iacW6Z1qdxrrdo1_500.gif
#15081 30 days ago

You just got your Jaws and did a quick turn around and now getting a Bond?!

You know how this shit works man! You get it

#15082 30 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

How are you cheating? Extra felt on the left side by scuba shot?

It’s what some of us call ourselves who have the Scuba Kick Mod. I love it and wouldn’t change it. I love this game and the mods for it.

#15083 30 days ago

It sure wasn't popular in Oz, first time i've not seen the LE version pre sell the release at AMD......and still available!!

#15084 30 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It sure wasn't popular in Oz, first time i've not seen the LE version pre sell the release at AMD......and still available!!

Well there’s one less now. How many games have been awful but then not….

STh turtles twd bond (early code). LE’s will not sell out anymore unless they can get the theme right. Why?

1) we all have too many pins
2) they’re too expensive
3) they’re not limited

I had my Foo on for 3k less than new can’t sell and it’s number 10. Jp 30th for 23,500 unsalebale. Is it a bad pin. No. Are stern killing us. Yes. 3k for a bit of cheap plastic on top of a Foo? No thanks.

Anyway. Bond is awesome.

#15085 30 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

STh turtles twd bond (early code). LE’s will not sell out anymore unless they can get the theme right. Why?

All the Bond LE's were listed as sold as soon as they were up on the AMD site, same deal with the Jaws machine.

#15086 30 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

All the Bond LE's were listed as sold as soon as they were up on the AMD site, same deal with the Jaws machine.

Come on. Bond. Jaws. How iconic are those franchises? These franchises are limited.

And these LEs were sold out before anybody saw the pins or played them. How good the pinball was had nothing to do with it. It was FOMO.

Let me ask you this, how often can you fork out 20,500?

Everyone is now more wary. The current LE is challenged by the next future release.

Expect to see lots of LEs left at distros.

Anyway sorry to derail bond into another pricing thread. But venom is merely the start of what’s to come. Do you think GOTG LEs would have sold out if you raise the price by a third and double the quantity?

We are all spoilt for choice that’s for sure. All good.

Edit: if venom turns out to be shit, I’ll be the first to admit it and take a wash. But whether a pin is not selling well is not a true indicator.

#15087 30 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Zak still has a JAWSLE if you want one.. Venom is an awesome game, so is Bond!

#15088 30 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Edit: if venom turns out to be shit, I’ll be the first to admit it and take a wash. But whether a pin is not selling well is not a true indicator.

Woaahh cmon i never said that machine was shit, in fact i never commented personally on my like or dislike for the title, just pointed out the fact that it hasn't sold all the LE's on the AMD site whereas the others were gone before the average punter had a chance. This was the case in the past at AMD where most LE's were already spoken for before they even appeared on their website.
But anyway we're getting off the topic of Bond
My take on 1.0 code is we'll see it most likely this next month....OR.....i can confidently predict it will be 2024

#15089 30 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Woaahh cmon i never said that machine was shit, in fact i never commented personally on my like or dislike for the title, just pointed out the fact that it hasn't sold all the LE's on the AMD site whereas the others were gone before the average punter had a chance. This was the case in the past at AMD where most LE's were already spoken for before they even appeared on their website.
But anyway we're getting off the topic of Bond
My take on 1.0 code is we'll see it most likely this next month....OR.....i can confidently predict it will be 2024

I do envy your apollo13. Only played one at pinfest years ago. Amazing!

And saw my first Bond LE this week. She’s a beauty! Congrats to all who have one.

#15090 30 days ago

Mark my words, Jaws will get to 1.0 before Bond does.

#15091 30 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Mark my words, Jaws will get to 1.0 before Bond does.

I'm gonna be perfectly honest here, the time frame to completion doesn't bother me at all, i just want it to be GREAT!!

#15092 30 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I do envy your apollo13

Tis a cool game although mine is partially out of action at the moment cause the moon grab isn't working. TBH if i had the chance to swap it i'd do so for the only machine i truly regret selling, Jackbot!!

#15093 30 days ago

For what it's worth, that Venom 1.0 code looks pretty bad next to what Foo Fighters got IMO.

#15094 30 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You just got your Jaws and did a quick turn around and now getting a Bond?!
You know how this shit works man! You get it

I'm also looking for a LZ. Then I'm done for a while. My house fits 4 pins and I have 8

#15095 30 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm gonna be perfectly honest here, the time frame to completion doesn't bother me at all, i just want it to be GREAT!!

Touche!

#15096 30 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

For what it's worth, that Venom 1.0 code looks pretty bad next to what Foo Fighters got IMO.

Oh really? Why is it bad? Just not much difference from .99?

#15097 30 days ago

I'm also looking for a LZ. Then I'm done for a while. My house fits 4 pins and I have 8

You took a step up when you got Jaws, then a step back when you said AFM isn’t good, redeemed yourself from that AFM debacle big time getting Bond and LZ seems to be a sideways/step a little back move.

The 4 pin house with 8 pins madness brings the respect level up!

That’s how I see things. Lol

That’s a great mix of games. Bond is a MASTERPIECE! Enjoy them when you aren’t out fishing.

#15098 30 days ago

You took a step up when you got Jaws, then a step back when you said AFM isn’t good, redeemed yourself from that AFM debacle big time getting Bond and LZ seems to be a sideways/step a little back move.
That’s a great mix of games. Enjoy them when you aren’t out fishing

Ya see? It's posts like this that keep me coming back to pinside forums.

Well done (resized).pngWell done (resized).png
#15099 30 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I do envy your apollo13. Only played one at pinfest years ago. Amazing!
And saw my first Bond LE this week. She’s a beauty! Congrats to all who have one.

My work trips have an Apollo 13 at a local bar. When you get the 13 multi ball it is sheer bananas awesome.

#15100 30 days ago

That’s a great mix of games. Bond is a MASTERPIECE! Enjoy them when you aren’t out fishing.

AFM doesn't suck; it's just wayyyy overrated. I've been saying that for years. Someone is selling one near here for over 15 grand! Who the hell would pay that much for a game designed 30 years ago when there are so many better options for less now?

LZ would be a value grab. Would I pay $9400 for a premium? Hell no. Would I pay $6500 which is almost the going rate on used ones now? Yup! Bond was another value grab. It has cabinet damage and was priced accordingly.

I'm in the process of getting a garage built so my other pins can come out of storage some day. Jaws is still in my living room. ES needs to come out so I can move it to the game room. I'm not sure which one will have to go to fit Bond. F14 I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.