Wiz mods (resized).jpg
007 apron cover (resized).jpg
IMG_8065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8069 (resized).jpeg
Hungry Hungry Hippo.gif
IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
There are 2,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 42.
#1601 10 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So who got game number 007 out of 500?

gary stern

#1602 10 months ago

Has this happened to anyone else during multiball? Ball search didn't release them, had to wait for Mission MB to time out.

20230725_174216 (resized).jpg20230725_174216 (resized).jpg
#1603 10 months ago

I've had the same, had to wait for same. Fun!

#1604 10 months ago

what is the man saying when the ball drains? Ruby Rammer? what does it mean??

#1605 10 months ago
Quoted from MrPaint:

Yes. Rammer. Ruby Rammer.

#1606 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Has this happened to anyone else during multiball? Ball search didn't release them, had to wait for Mission MB to time out.[quoted image]

We have had that happen. You need to make the saucer switch more sensitive so the machine recognizes the ball when it is like that.

#1607 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have had that happen. You need to make the saucer switch more sensitive so the machine recognizes the ball when it is like that.

They both went up there at the same time during Mission MB, I don't see how a switch adjustment would make a difference on this issue. The game thought the second ball was still being played, it only released them when MMB timed out. Pretty simple explanation, just odd that it happened.

#1608 10 months ago
Quoted from MrPaint:

Quoted from skink91:

Yes. Rammer. Ruby Rammer.

What sound mode are you using when you hear that? All I've heard is "swimming with sharks" and "oh dear oh dear" on the modern sound setting.

#1609 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

What sound mode are you using when you hear that? All I've heard is "swimming with sharks" and "oh dear oh dear" on the modern sound setting.

I was hoping it was obvious I was goofing, but just to be clear - I will say with 99.999% certainty that nobody ever heard it say “Ruby Rammer”.

#1610 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

They both went up there at the same time during Mission MB, I don't see how a switch adjustment would make a difference on this issue. The game thought the second ball was still being played, it only released them when MMB timed out. Pretty simple explanation, just odd that it happened.

Machine did not recognise there was a ball in the saucer as the ball on top pushed it enough that the switch was deactivated. Machine thought both balls were in play.

It will happen again.

Best of luck.

#1611 10 months ago

I have been in a slump on scoring on this pin but a #2 spot feels great!!

IMG_5033 (resized).jpegIMG_5033 (resized).jpegIMG_5034 (resized).jpegIMG_5034 (resized).jpeg
#1612 10 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have been in a slump on scoring on this pin but a #2 spot feels great!![quoted image][quoted image]

What is your basic strategy for points?

I haven't broken 40 yet (35k), but my top scores always include Bond MB. I think I spend too much time playing Mission MB because it's so fun to play but never scores me much.

What scores are people putting up on Mission MB? I've only managed 2500.

#1613 10 months ago

I don't even go for jackpots in mission multiball, just play villain modes. Lock one ball immediately but NOT two. As soon as the lock times out, re-lock one only. Rinse & repeat until you drain down to one ball, then restart. Now you're in sudden death and should lock both ASAP to get into safer three-ball play. Now lock one or two of those and keep on grinding villains.

In a good multiball you should complete one villain mode, hopefully a dangerous one like the hat spinner. In a great multiball you can bang out two modes, or at least start the second one.

Another benefit of just keeping mission multiball going as long as possible is you often come out of it with max bonus and bonus X for 3k in the bank, which is (I think) the same as a super jackpot, minus all the hard work.

Only way I ever got wizard mode was using several mission multiballs to beat the villains. Just too hard to survive that many center drop banks & mode shots in single ball play.

#1614 10 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Only way I ever got wizard mode was using several mission multiballs to beat the villains. Just too hard to survive that many center drop banks & mode shots in single ball play.

Thx, I'm gonna switch to this approach for Mission MB.

Still kinda curious what the top Mission MB scores some of you have managed to attain...

It has really cool MB rules, but it's just too low scoring. It really should be a bit more valuable for the challenge it presents.

#1615 10 months ago

Got a bit more granular on my game this AM regarding electronics (speaking only for my machine, but suspect these all behave similiar)

I have several Spike games (EHOH40 right across from this one). The thermal cycling on PS is much, much more frequent on JB60 than any of my other Spike machines (was timing it over past couple weeks). OEM fan is very loud, and persistent cycling started bugging me, as this game has great (amazing) subtle audio, chimes and otherwise.

Pretty obvious our "gutted" game (lol) with all those solenoids, servos, etc. definitely has a robust and power hungry load side.

Highly, highly recommend @pinballmonk Fan Kit (SFAN-001) to further refine the experience. Wasn't listed on his site as a recommended game, but after chatting w him last night and sending a couple pics(PS are identical to others) we saw no reason to not proceed.

Game has been running continuosly, and such a noticable difference in noise level for this pin. Best $18.00 and 20 minute investment I've spent on a game in awhile.

Just my take.....thank you Pinmonk for putting the time in!!

#1616 10 months ago

Swapped out a lot of the screws, lock nuts and washers for colored ones to clean up the look. Was short a few pieces but they are on the way from mezel mods.

IMG_4562 (resized).jpegIMG_4562 (resized).jpegIMG_4563 (resized).jpegIMG_4563 (resized).jpegIMG_4565 (resized).jpegIMG_4565 (resized).jpegIMG_4566 (resized).jpegIMG_4566 (resized).jpegIMG_4567 (resized).jpegIMG_4567 (resized).jpeg
#1617 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Swapped out a lot of the screws, lock nuts and washers for colored ones to clean up the look. Was short a few pieces but they are on the way from mezel mods.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super cool idea! Looks amazing! I used clear rubbers, but the blue nuts and golden screws looked sublime my friend! Kudos!

#1618 9 months ago

Is anyone interested in trading their Bond 60th?
Please PM me

#1619 9 months ago

Sad to see the recent trend of selling 60th without the topper. Didn't realize the programming for it existed on the other Bonds...odd.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/160893
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/161492

#1620 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sad to see the recent trend of selling 60th without the topper. Didn't realize the programming for it existed on the other Bonds...odd.

I just don’t see this gambit paying off. Anybody willing to spend $14k on one of these games is gonna demand a topper.

#1621 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The game code tells the topper what to do. It doesn't care if its hooked up to the 60th or the cornerstone.

#1622 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I offered this selling mine recently in case it enticed anybody who was on the fence of buying the game because of price, but mostly because I wanted to keep it

Youll be happy to know after debating, they decided they wanted the topper, and overall Im glad they kept the package together.

Gonna miss this one, but luckily a buddy near by has one, and youre not too far away either! Hope youre doing well!

#1623 9 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

The game code tells the topper what to do. It doesn't care if its hooked up to the 60th or the cornerstone.

Didn't realize Stern was selling the same topper for the Gomez cornerstone.

Quoted from MarklarD:

Youll be happy to know after debating, they decided they wanted the topper, and overall Im glad they kept the package together.
Gonna miss this one, but luckily a buddy near by has one, and youre not too far away either! Hope youre doing well!

Doing well, only picked mine up ~6 weeks ago. After fixing several of the common issues, it's playing great. Like it a lot more than I thought I would. If you get the itch and are in my neck of the woods, feel free to ping me.

#1624 9 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Didn't realize Stern was selling the same topper for the Gomez cornerstone.

Side art from Gomez LE and other accessories available as well for any model.
Customers may care but not Stern.

#1625 9 months ago

Added another heavy hitter to my lineup......ironically, still end up HAVING to play JB60 for awhile regardless. Can't explain it beyond "pure pinball"....you know what's coming, understand most of it, yet it keeps sucking me in for brutal (fun) games...a great, great shooting pin...

#1626 9 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

suspect this was a sales decision and not a design decision. It sucks. I'm going to have a right moan about it at expo, I've even got my question tuned to the Goldfinger music. It won't make any difference but I can't resist any chance to sing Shirley Bassey.

Neil.

#1627 9 months ago

Anyone put the Stern artblades on their 60th?

#1628 9 months ago

Did you ever figure it out? Thinking about getting them for my game.

Quoted from snaroff:I have the PinWoofer rings installed, but the speakers are bumping into the black molding that the speaker grill rests on (and the grill doesn't shut). On 60th, the speakers are pushed ~1/4" toward the left/right side (away from the scoring reel mech).
Have people been removing the molding to get it to shut? The molding doesn't appear to serve a purpose since the grill rests on the top. Confused why it exists. Can't imagine I'm the first to install PinWoofer on this game...
[quoted image]

#1629 9 months ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Did you ever figure it out? Thinking about getting them for my game.

I just removed the bottom screw and pushed the bracket back about 1/4" and put the screw back where it was to store it (...not actually holding the bracket). As far as I could tell, the brackets don't have any purpose, so doing this has 0 drawbacks.

btw...the PinWoofer system really elevates Bond 60th. Wish Stern would have been more aggressive/creative in integrating Bond theme songs into the gameplay...oh well. Don't know if you are aware, but the code contains several of the classic theme songs (Diamonds are Forever, From Russia with Love, You Only Live Twice).

IMG_3880 (resized).jpegIMG_3880 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3787 (resized).jpegIMG_3787 (resized).jpegIMG_3788 (resized).jpegIMG_3788 (resized).jpegIMG_3789 (resized).jpegIMG_3789 (resized).jpeg

#1630 9 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Art blades for the cornerstone LE are different sketches from the ones available for the Pro/Prem.
Toppers on the 60th are signed on the back by Keith Elwin.

#1631 9 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Art blades for the cornerstone LE are different sketches from the ones available for the Pro/Prem.
Toppers on the 60th are signed on the back by Keith Elwin.

Seems like a stretch when we are down to a signed topper and some different sketches but do appreciate the info. Thank goodness the 60th (and Gomez Bond) are turning out to be some kick ass games.

#1632 9 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Seems like a stretch when we are down to a signed topper and some different sketches but do appreciate the info. Thank goodness the 60th (and Gomez Bond) are turning out to be some kick ass games.

Yea...personally, it would have been nice to see the "exclusive" topper for SLE and a different rev for cornerstone series. They still would have sold plenty for stupid $$$ (think they always do).

Suppose I don't really care (and wouldn't matter if I did, lol). Glad the cornerstone is shaping up. Great theme, but only need 1 Bond in my life....

#1633 9 months ago

Question for those of you with the 60th LE.

Managed to play one on location and found it harder to nudge than other games. Tried a gentle lift only to find out it weighs a ton! What's in the cabinet (bar the actual score reels etc) that make this game so weighty? Felt like it weighed more than a Revenge from Mars.

#1634 9 months ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Managed to play one on location and found it harder to nudge than other games. Tried a gentle lift only to find out it weighs a ton! What's in the cabinet (bar the actual score reels etc) that make this game so weighty? Felt like it weighed more than a Revenge from Mars.

100% heavier than any of my other Sterns...believe it has deceptive amount of mechs/ assemblies under the hood

#1635 9 months ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Definitely heavy. The topper is really heavy too. I’ve noticed I can’t death save my bond 60th and I think a lot of that is the topper.

#1636 9 months ago
Quoted from Archytas:

The PF is definitely heavier...the LCD/housing and all the drop target assemblies add weight.

It's not nearly as heavy as RFM (unless the RFM has been modded to replace the CRT with and LED, which I've done before).

#1637 9 months ago

Any locations have the 60th in central London? I’m going to be there this weekend.

#1638 9 months ago

Interesting audit.

I've had GZ for 16 months and have 150 plays.

I've had JB60 one month and have over 500 plays. It really has that "one more game" allure.

Followed @yancy's approach to Mission MB and put up a new GC.

20230806_231023 (resized).jpg20230806_231023 (resized).jpg
#1639 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Interesting audit.
I've had JB60 one month and have over 500 plays. It really has that "one more game" allure.
Followed yancy's approach to Mission MB and put up a new GC.
[quoted image]

Great score! ( I won't post mine as abysmal in comparison..around 34k I think)

Having the very same audit situation w my EHOH40 vs. JB60. Literally HAVE to get some time on this game everytime I'm near the machines. It just sucks you in and shoots so well..." one more game" more than applicable here...

#1640 9 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great score! ( I won't post mine as abysmal in comparison..around 34k I think)
Having the very same audit situation w my EHOH40 vs. JB60. Literally HAVE to get some time on this game everytime I'm near the machines. It just sucks you in and shoots so well..." one more game" more than applicable here...

Ditto...

#1641 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Interesting audit.
I've had JB60 one month and have over 500 plays.

Nice Score. I'm not quite there yet.

I have a GZ LE and the play count between that and Bond 60th is a similar story in my game room. I feel like I never have the time to invest in a game of GZ so I just play a quick game of Bond 60th.. then another and another.

#1642 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Interesting audit.
[quoted image]

I have both as well, and often avoid GZ because it's typically a bigger time commitment. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for such a long game.

#1643 9 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I have both as well, and often avoid GZ because it's typically a bigger time commitment. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for such a long game.

My preference has definitely moved away from the marathon style games that I used to like.

JB60's fast flowing pf is part of why it's so fun and re-playable. Great rules too. Better than Beatles (which is also great.)

I see a lot of 60th owners have the other Bond game too. Which gets more play?

#1644 9 months ago

Currently I'm playing my newer games a lot, so it's tough to say. I flip on the 60th, bond cornerstone, foo fighters, and GZ most nights when I'm playing and play a bit of each. I'm drawn more to both bonds than the others currently. Between the 60th and the cornerstone, I maybe slightly more drawn to the 60th. Really hard to say long-term, but the 60th is definitely a really special game. Love shooting the various orbits. I also love cranking the hat spinner.

#1645 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Dang it, you beat mine by 650 points! Back to the woodshed.

#1646 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

My preference has definitely moved away from the marathon style games that I used to like.
JB60's fast flowing pf is part of why it's so fun and re-playable. Great rules too. Better than Beatles (which is also great.)
I see a lot of 60th owners have the other Bond game too. Which gets more play?

It goes back and forth for me probably due to location in my house. Upstairs I tend to play FF, Rush, GTF, and Bond. Basement I’ll play 60th, CCr, and GZ. Lately I haven’t spent a lot of time in my basement so the cornerstone gets a little more play, adding the topper recently also spiked play. That said I still prefer the 60th, it’s just a lot of fast fun.

#1647 9 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Dang it, you beat mine by 650 points! Back to the woodshed.

lol. You shouldn't share your secrets!

It was one of those games where I got lucky bounces on so many close outlanes. The game also included two extra balls (Bond scoop and top lanes)

When the score starts getting that high, I start to play nervous. I had played every villain, but still failed to start that villain mb before the final drain. I was hoping for one more full bonus collect to carry me over 50k. Those full countdown pauses are such great breaks.

I definitely owe you one.

#1648 9 months ago

Every Bond needs a DB5...

IMG_3427.jpgIMG_3427.jpg
#1649 9 months ago
Quoted from JoeF:

[quoted image]

Not a big mod guy… but that is tasteful and I like it.

#1650 9 months ago
Quoted from JoeF:

[quoted image]

Looks great there! What's the scale on that DB5?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shreveport, LA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.